Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #31
jenanderson
DIS Veteran

Katie - So do you write down every time you run what shoes you were wearing so you can track the mileage of each of them? I struggle just to get my runs recorded and am not sure if I am organized to keep track of mileage on my shoes.

I hope you have had fun in Disney!

Mike - Great job on your run today. I can't believe that you ran that far on the treadmill! I hate the treadmill so much and would much rather brave the cold.

Today I got out and ran 5.5 miles. It was 8į and windy. I simply added one more layer which I then regretted because I ended up being too warm. DH and I ran down to a lake that is near us, around the lake (it is fairly sheltered from the wind) and then back home. This is a route that we do often and is pretty hilly and helps with our training. Today we ran 2 miles, walked 60 seconds, ran to mile 3 and then walked 60 seconds, etc. It really helped me feel like I had enough energy to get through the miles today. Our overall pace with walking was 10:30. It is hard because DH is ready to run faster but I am still struggling some.

Tomorrow is suppose to be a day of rest but I have decided that I am going to do a strength training workout from my trainer.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
Jen
jenanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #32
Suzann
ďI am odd-looking. I sometimes think I look like a funny Muppet.Ē

Hi there Rebels! Happy new year!!!

Update on me... I just had knee surgery to fix my meniscus. I completed Beachbody's Insanity workout over the holidays (LOVED it) and I moved to Yellowstone National Park. (last January... I've been here for a year now.. LOVE it)

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and root you on! I should be back to working out in 4-6 weeks

April ~ Purple 5k = 25 min
May 6 ~ Bloomsday 12k = 1 hour 11 min
May 19 ~ Race for the Cure 5k = 29 min
June 2 ~ Lewis & Clark 10k = 1 hour
June 23 ~ Beartooth Run 5k (at 10,000 ft!) = 33 min
July 8 ~ Missoula Half Marathon

Suzann is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #33
K80K
DIS Veteran

Jen-I use RunningAhead.com to record my runs which allows you to create shoes and assign them to runs. It is simple to.use and allows you to easily pull up a pair of shoes and check the miles.
~*Katie*~Half Fanatic #156
Up Next! ~ 9/29 Tower of Terror 10 Miler ~ 10/13 Baltimore Half ~
~*Race Results*~*Race Schedule*~
<3 Disney Fairytale Wedding <3 10/2012 <3
Cruises ~ Disney Dream 2/2011&11/2011 ~ Disney Fantasy 11/2012 ~
K80K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #34
Haas4Concern
Mouseketeer

Whats up Rebels,
If you guys are looking for new members, I'd love to join. Here is a little info on me. My name is Steve and I'm 26. I've completed the 2007 WDW half and the 2012 WDW marathon relay. I also attempted the 2008 half but had to quit about half way through with knee problems.

I used to post on these boards when I was in school under the name UTGuitarist27. However, when my school email went inactive I lost the ability to recover the password for that name. so I started this one. I think I was actually on the original iteration of this team.

Anyway, I'm entertaining the idea of doing the WDW marathon in 2013 and I also plan on doing the W&D half. My training plan is to lift twice a week, run twice a week, and box once a week. I'm looking forward to being active on the boards again and running a few more races.

2007 WDW 1/2 Marathon, 2012 WDW Marathon Relay, 2012 Inaugural Canton 1/2 Marathon, 2012 Ohio 2 Warrior Dash, 2012 Air Force Half Marathon, 2012 Wine & Dine, 2013 Goofy Challenge,Dumbo Double Dare 2013,Dopey Challenge 2014
Haas4Concern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #35
K80K
DIS Veteran

I definitely remember you being on the team before Steve. Welcome back! 2013 is a good year for the marathon...hello anniversary bling!
Old 01-18-2012, 09:55 PM   #36
MikeofRose&Mike
Mouseketeer

Welcome Haas - Boxing and running have a long history. Mostly running to fight, but fighting to run might work as well. Looks like a ton of people are planning on 2013 marathon weekend.

MikeofRose&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #37
Haas4Concern
Mouseketeer

Whats up Rebels,

Thanks for the welcome. Id be lying if I said the 20th anniversary didn't play a part in my choosing to do a full. I knocked out a 30 min. run today so this week I'm 4 for 4 with workouts. Hopefully I can keep it up. I also think im going to run the inaugral Canton half marathon in June. It looks like it will be smaller than your average marathon weekend, but I can't say no to an event in my backyard.

2007 WDW 1/2 Marathon, 2012 WDW Marathon Relay, 2012 Inaugural Canton 1/2 Marathon, 2012 Ohio 2 Warrior Dash, 2012 Air Force Half Marathon, 2012 Wine & Dine, 2013 Goofy Challenge,Dumbo Double Dare 2013,Dopey Challenge 2014
Old 01-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #38
dreams91
DIS Cast Member
Loves to veg out in front of the TV on QVC scrap days!

I typically run three times per week. I haven't done any cross training but may try that one day per week. Glad to be back in the grind if it after the half. I was kinda scared I'd change my mind.

dreams91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #39
mandac
Mouseketeer

Jen: Excuses are good. I use them all the time. I have had a week where I just havenít been home much, so the mileage totally fell off. I had plans for a good long run last weekend, but we were remodeling a bedroom and I somehow didnít fit it in. Then all week was just crazy. I put in 5 on this Saturday, and even that seemed like it was pushing it. But now I am WAY behind on my mileage goal, so I will make time for it this week. Canít fail in the first month.
Sorry you wonít be able to go to Tinkerbell It is hard when you have to sign up for these races so early. I am impressed with the running in the cold! I tell myself I would go out if it wasnít icy outside, but Really, I am a wimp and donít like the cold that much. That is why I live in Utah and not Minnesota Ė it is so much warmer here.

Katie: I have thought about having more than one pair of shoes, that way they can air out between runs, but I have never been able to bring myself to buy two pairs. Maybe I will try that this time. Hope you had fun a Disney.

Cherie: I am signed up for Disneyland too! It was more expensive this year, and that almost made me stop and reconsider. But it was my first half ever, and it has a special place in my heart (awwww.)

Mike: Great job. The longest I have ever gone on the treadmill is 8 miles. My TM times out at 90 minutes and I have to start it over. Maybe if I were fasterÖor more dedicated. I canít bring myself to start it again once it stops.

Suzann: Glad to hear from you! Where in Yellowstone do you live? Are you working there? I love Yellowstone. My family has some property in Island Park ID and we hope to someday build a cabin. But I love it up there. It is one of my happy places! We are hoping to do a trip up there this summer. I canít wait!

Steve: Welcome to the Rebels. We are always happy to add people to our ranks.

AFM: Well, I did sign up for the DL half. I thought I would try to fit in the Wine and Dine this year and get my C2C so I didnít have that hanging over my head anymore (I really want one!). But this weekend I talked to my brother in St. Louis and he wants to go to DW to do the half next January. So I totally want to go with him and his family. Now it is turning into quite a big trip. So you may have convinced me to go next year. I will start saving money now! We are trying to decide if we stay on property or just rent a house somewhere. I think if everyone comes there will be at least 16 of us! Wow.

I have less than 2 weeks before my half in California on Superbowl Sunday! I have not trained as well as I wanted, but I should be able to do OK and hopefully not kill myself. I was worried about where I was going to go to watch the game, but now that the 49ers lost (boohoo) I donít really need to watch it. I will probably try and fit in a couple days at Disneyland now. Hope the weather is good.

mandac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #40
K80K
DIS Veteran

Steve: Great job with the workouts!

Cherie: Cross training is good for breaking up the routine and also help keep your body stronger for running. If nothing else I recommend doing core work several times a week. It was a week core that led to my back injury this past summer and had me out of running for months. I don't ever want to do that again.

Manda: Sounds like the stars are aligning nicely to get you to WDW next January. :D Staying off property certainly is a good option with a group that size. I will say after the drive to the half marathon this year that I recommend planning to be in the parking lot by 3:30 AM. I targeted getting there by 4 this year and nearly had an heart attack over the traffic. I made it to the corral but I missed the anthem and just made it to close to the start for my comfort.

I've managed to miss my long runs the last two weekends which makes this weekends run a high priority one for me. I need to get ready for Princess!

Last edited by K80K; 01-24-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:09 PM   #41
Haas4Concern
Mouseketeer

Whats up everyone,

Just checking in. Workouts are going well and Ive started experimenting with some dietary stuff. Mostly just increasing my protein mainly for lifting, but from what Ive seen it also helps with endurance sports.

Cherie: Cross training is the only thing that keeps me sane. Im not built for running so I need workouts that better fit my body type.

Katie: I think I'm going to follow your lead and buy two pairs of running shoes right away. Good luck on your long run.

Manda: I am also entertaining the idea of going for my C2C next year. Largely depends on work as usual.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #42
K80K
DIS Veteran

Sleep evaded me last night so I ended up sleeping through my run this morning. It is on the schedule for tomorrow now. How is everyone doing with their goals so far?
Old 01-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #43
K80K
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by K80K View Post
Sleep evaded me last night so I ended up sleeping through my run this morning. It is on the schedule for tomorrow now. How is everyone doing with their goals so far?
Got back out there and got 5 miles in this morning. They were wet but thanks to a warm front they were also in shorts. Unheard of for Baltimore in January.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #44
Haas4Concern
Mouseketeer

Its been really warm in northeast ohio too. It makes up for last years brutal winter. So far Ive only missed my workout on wednesday. Im hoping to run outside tomorrow but Ill have to see what the weather is like.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #45
MikeofRose&Mike
Mouseketeer

Gretchen is running TINK today.

Katie Good job rescheduling your run. Sometimes your body just needs the sleep.

Steve Last months runners world had an article on the Iron Strength workout. It is a guy who trains for full marathons and iron mans primarily with strength training.

Cherie Good job maintaining 3 times a week. A strength or combination strength/flexibility workout like Yoga or Pilates would be a good choice.

AFM I got in 3 runs this week for the first time since the first week of December. But it was at the expense of my Yoga cross training. Goal for next week is to get 3 plus the Yoga, especially since it is supposed to hit 60 on tuesday. Only 1 more long run before Princess. Sorry I haven't been posting as much, work has been busy.

Mike

MikeofRose&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: