Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #526
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
No cruises until feb.... But we will be flying on the 13th of Oct to see our families in Texas. So I wished I could come down, but I will have to wait until next year or the next...
I understand. Family first.

The good thing is WDW will still be there when you're ready and able to return -- with more "new" experiences!!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:56 PM   #527
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

I did not book anything this year for F&W. Since we are leaving on the 5th there only was the Italian Regional Food and Wine Lunch that we could attend and were interested in. However I had booked as a surprise for my DH The Epcot Dive experience which is that day during the same time. So we will be just enjoying the booths and any experiences we come upon for our F&W.

Do any of you remember from a few years back a section set up for "The Australian Wine Walkabout"? It was set up under some big trees just off the walk way. It was a super experience where you went to different tables/booths set up for the different regions of Australia and their wines. You paid a set amount for the total experience I seem to remember it was like $8.00 pp to get a generous pour of each wine from that region (usually 2-3 wines per region). They told you about the wine, grapes and how it was produced along with great interaction and stories. It was one of our favorite experiences for a couple years running. Sadly it was not there in 2010 and I don't see it this year.
But we do have great memories!

Ann
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2012, 06:21 AM   #528
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
I did not book anything this year for F&W. Since we are leaving on the 5th there only was the Italian Regional Food and Wine Lunch that we could attend and were interested in. However I had booked as a surprise for my DH The Epcot Dive experience which is that day during the same time. So we will be just enjoying the booths and any experiences we come upon for our F&W.

Do any of you remember from a few years back a section set up for "The Australian Wine Walkabout"? It was set up under some big trees just off the walk way. It was a super experience where you went to different tables/booths set up for the different regions of Australia and their wines. You paid a set amount for the total experience I seem to remember it was like $8.00 pp to get a generous pour of each wine from that region (usually 2-3 wines per region). They told you about the wine, grapes and how it was produced along with great interaction and stories. It was one of our favorite experiences for a couple years running. Sadly it was not there in 2010 and I don't see it this year.

Ann
I remember the Australian Wine Walkabout well!!! Sadly, it hasn't been there the last couple of years.

You must try Tutto Gusto - which is the new wine bar next to Tutto Italia. I'll be heading that way this weekend!

A Biergarten took its place (IIRC). When alcohol is involved, my memory sometimes gets fuzzy!!

Old 08-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #529
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post

Ann
Ann,

I remember the Australian Wine Walkabout--maybe 2004. For some reason, I had a hole in my chin and ended up with red wine on my white top. Hard to forget that!

John's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #530
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
Ann,

I remember the Australian Wine Walkabout--maybe 2004. For some reason, I had a hole in my chin and ended up with red wine on my white top. Hard to forget that!
Kathy, I think any of us who got into the spirit of the Australian Wine Walkabout have those...... um, "fun" memories!!

Old 08-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #531
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
Ann,

Some of us have permament holes in our chins when drinking red wine, usually against a light colored shirt!
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
TyRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:22 PM   #532
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Prayers for your BFF and her family.
Thanks Laura. Waiting to hear how his brain scan went on Friday and I have yet to hear from BFF. Hoping no news is good news.
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
Old 08-21-2012, 06:06 AM   #533
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
I did tell UM I'm busy 10/7-17, but if they really, really need me and it overlaps for a day or 2, I would make the sacrifice. Now, having looked at the calendar, the start date isn't a problem, but the last couple of days could be an issue. I'm not going to worry about it yet! I will definitely be there 10/7 through 10/14!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:32 AM   #534
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Morning everyone!

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:37 AM   #535
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
I remember the Australian Wine Walkabout well!!! Sadly, it hasn't been there the last couple of years.

You must try Tutto Gusto - which is the new wine bar next to Tutto Italia. I'll be heading that way this weekend!

A Biergarten took its place (IIRC). When alcohol is involved, my memory sometimes gets fuzzy!!
Whrn we had a F&W festival in CA we had several of those walkabouts I think two or three with wine and one with beer. Our food and liquor laws are much more restricted here so kiosks aren't possible I guess though you can sell wine in a free standing booth.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #536
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Just about a month now! I'm so looking forward to seeing all my friends. It will be soooo relaxing in between have my BFF and family down there, and a bunch of friends from our neighborhood coming the next week. It's been a long summer with a lot of rotten things (culminating in my lovely ER visit and overnight stay last week) so hopefully Disney will help change all this.

BFF's DH goes for his second round of chemo today, doc wanted it to be as far out from the trip as possible. He'll have a scan the Friday before we leave to see if it's helping, but they don't want to know the results until after this trip. I truly hope that he is able to enjoy some time with his boys while we are in FL. I did decide that even if they bail at the last second, I'll still come down on the 6th, stay at AKV until the 12th and then will be at BWV.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #537
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
Just about a month now! I'm so looking forward to seeing all my friends. It will be soooo relaxing in between have my BFF and family down there, and a bunch of friends from our neighborhood coming the next week. It's been a long summer with a lot of rotten things (culminating in my lovely ER visit and overnight stay last week) so hopefully Disney will help change all this.

BFF's DH goes for his second round of chemo today, doc wanted it to be as far out from the trip as possible. He'll have a scan the Friday before we leave to see if it's helping, but they don't want to know the results until after this trip. I truly hope that he is able to enjoy some time with his boys while we are in FL. I did decide that even if they bail at the last second, I'll still come down on the 6th, stay at AKV until the 12th and then will be at BWV.
I am glad the trip is still a "go," Tracy!! I am looking forward to seeing you again.

I wish your BFF's DH the best of luck. Sounds like he is a "hard fighter" and that will help.

What were you doing in the ER?!?!?

On a happier note: We ordered our hoppers yesterday and Undercover Tourist shipped them today!!

Old 09-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #538
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
I am glad the trip is still a "go," Tracy!! I am looking forward to seeing you again.

I wish your BFF's DH the best of luck. Sounds like he is a "hard fighter" and that will help.

On a happier note: We ordered our hoppers yesterday and Undercover Tourist shipped them today!!
It won't be long now!

A quick "Hi!" from Fort Hood, TX! It's a very somber mood here today on the Base.

I'm so glad plans are progressing for you, Tracy, and for you, Elin!

I probably won't have time to get caught up and organized until next week.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:35 PM   #539
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
And I am looking forward to seeing you (and Bob) again.

Quote:
Yes he is and thank you.

Quote:
Oh had some chest pains, foggy head and just felt weird. Had one clear EKG and they were going to let me go but a second one was a little "funny" so that earned me more tests and the overnight stay. Thankfully everything came back normal.

Quote:
YAY - we are so close now.

Quote:
It won't be long now!

A quick "Hi!" from Fort Hood, TX! It's a very somber mood here today on the Base.

I'm so glad plans are progressing for you, Tracy, and for you, Elin!

I'm trying to get organized, but I feel like the more I'm doing the less organized I get.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #540
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Who said anything about being organized?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: