Old 04-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #331
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Brandi you are certainly going to be missed However, two things:

1. A friend of mine from Germany has an expression she uses whenever she can't get somewhere on her U.S. trips. She would say "Well WDW and The Ditch are not going anywhere. I will be back and see it then. There will be another time we can all get together.

2. I hang out over on the Beach Club thread. They had a meet sometime back and they had "flat place name here" attending. It was so cute and they looked like they had fun doing it! Brandi, take a great picture of yourself dressed for a Disney day where we would meet up at The Ditch. Blow it up large like two feet tall. Mail it to one of us. When we take pictures you will be there! We can even buy you a drink....umm we will probably be more than happy to drink it for you too!

What does everyone think? I would be happy to buy a round and put "flat Brandi" in a perfect place for a picture.

Ann
Tracy brought her flat DH Mark to a Give Kids The World Meet & Greet at an AKV Grand Villa last year!!! He had lots of fun (at least we think he did! )

Quote:
The other night I was cruising on some thread and saw a dining TR from a couple from London. I was going to post a link over here as they did the Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine last year. It was great to see the pictures of the food & drink offerings and their opinions. However, I got called away from my computer and lost the thread. Naturally I had not posted or subscribed to it It was a completed report and I have not been able to find it. If anyone knows the one I am talking about I would love a link. I didn't get past the first couple of items they sampled.

I will continue to try and find it.

Happy Wednesday to everyone!

Ann
I do recall seeing several reviews, but I never subscribed to any. I think I took lots of pictures of the offerings. I'll have to see if I can find them and post some here. I thought I'd be much more organized once I went from 35mm to digital. I'm still just as bad!!!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #332
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

2011 Swan Dolphin Food & Wine Classic:

Wine Blending Seminar:

Friday night on the Causeway:

Shula's sample:

Lots of wonderful food & wine in these booths!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #333
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Cabana Bar and Beach Club samples:

The 2nd night was held indoors due to rain (and lots of it!) Equally enjoyable, indoors and out!

Cabana's Crab Eggrolls:

These are all the photos I could find -- I was sure I took more than that, but maybe not! I'll have to do better this year! (Elin, I know you'll get some amazing photos )

Old 04-26-2012, 05:12 AM   #334
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Thanks for the photos, Laura. Got a few butterflies in my tummy thinking about being there in about 164 days!

Out of curiosity, how dressed up do people get for this? When we do Party for the Senses we usually get gussied up a bit.

And you know me well, my friend... if there is food and/or drink involved I will be taking pictures!

I also like the idea of Flat Brandi! A good sized head shot of you and David could be attached to a paint stirrer or ruler for easy placement in any photo op!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:09 AM   #335
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Thanks for the photos, Laura. Got a few butterflies in my tummy thinking about being there in about 164 days!

Out of curiosity, how dressed up do people get for this? When we do Party for the Senses we usually get gussied up a bit.

And you know me well, my friend... if there is food and/or drink involved I will be taking pictures!

I also like the idea of Flat Brandi! A good sized head shot of you and David could be attached to a paint stirrer or ruler for easy placement in any photo op!
Elin, I would say most guests dressed in "resort casual". How you would dress for PFTS would be appropriate here too, depending on the weather of course. We will be indoors for the 1-hour seminar at Swan, then out on the Causeway (between the 2 resorts) from 5:30 till 9.

I am so looking forward to it, but there will be a sadness too -- it will mean another F&W trip is coming to an end. (I guess we won't stay sad for too long though - that *Drink to the End of the World* trip will be just around the corner!!! )

Flat Brandi & David -- I love it!! We've got to do it! JD works for Sherwin-Williams so we have plenty of paint stirrers here ()!! All we need is for Miss Brandi to send us the head shot! (What do you say Brandi? )

Old 04-26-2012, 06:33 AM   #336
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Elin, I would say most guests dressed in "resort casual". How you would dress for PFTS would be appropriate here too, depending on the weather of course. We will be indoors for the 1-hour seminar at Swan, then out on the Causeway (between the 2 resorts) from 5:30 till 9.

I am so looking forward to it, but there will be a sadness too -- it will mean another F&W trip is coming to an end. (I guess we won't stay sad for too long though - that *Drink to the End of the World* trip will be just around the corner!!! )

Flat Brandi & David -- I love it!! We've got to do it! JD works for Sherwin-Williams so we have plenty of paint stirrers here ()!! All we need is for Miss Brandi to send us the head shot! (What do you say Brandi? )
Which is why I mentioned the paint stirrers!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #337
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Brandi you are certainly going to be missed However, two things:

1. A friend of mine from Germany has an expression she uses whenever she can't get somewhere on her U.S. trips. She would say "Well WDW and The Ditch are not going anywhere. I will be back and see it then. There will be another time we can all get together.

2. I hang out over on the Beach Club thread. They had a meet sometime back and they had "flat place name here" attending. It was so cute and they looked like they had fun doing it! Brandi, take a great picture of yourself dressed for a Disney day where we would meet up at The Ditch. Blow it up large like two feet tall. Mail it to one of us. When we take pictures you will be there! We can even buy you a drink....umm we will probably be more than happy to drink it for you too!

What does everyone think? I would be happy to buy a round and put "flat Brandi" in a perfect place for a picture.

Ann
I think that it would be hilarious if you guys did that.. I will see if I can find a picture!

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:25 AM   #338
dgbg100106

Quote:

I will.... So do you like this one?

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 04-26-2012, 08:26 AM   #339
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Which is why I mentioned the paint stirrers!
you guys are crazy! But again that is why I love you guys!

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 04-26-2012, 08:30 AM   #340
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
I will.... So do you like this one?

Great picture of you & David! If this is the one you want us to use, I say "great choice!" Just let us know!

Old 04-26-2012, 08:34 AM   #341
dgbg100106

Quote:
Great picture of you & David! If this is the one you want us to use, I say "great choice!" Just let us know!
Sure why not! If it works!!! I think we are apart enough you could separate us need be, and you can cut the woman in the back out....

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 04-26-2012, 10:43 AM   #342
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Sure why not! If it works!!! I think we are apart enough you could separate us need be, and you can cut the woman in the back out....
I was wondering what to do with that woman!!!

Old 04-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #343
dgbg100106

Quote:
I was wondering what to do with that woman!!!
I need to get some software and figure out how to get her out of there, or us out of there...

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 04-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #344
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
I need to get some software and figure out how to get her out of there, or us out of there...
I'm sure there's something out there that will do the job! Let us know.

I need to figure out how to print your picture. My printer is a dinosaur -- black-ink-only HP Officejet 330! (There are very few places that still stock the refill cartridge!) I believe JD's printer can print the photo. Otherwise, I may need to come up with Plan B!!

Old 04-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #345
dgbg100106

Quote:
I'm sure there's something out there that will do the job! Let us know.

I need to figure out how to print your picture. My printer is a dinosaur -- black-ink-only HP Officejet 330! (There are very few places that still stock the refill cartridge!) I believe JD's printer can print the photo. Otherwise, I may need to come up with Plan B!!
i you cant get it, I can print it out and mail it to you...

2013 Cruising adventures

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: