Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Life's a Happy Song When There's Someone by my Side to Sing Along* TR started! *

Hey!!
I was hoping to finish our TR from our August 2011 vacation before starting our PTR but it is taking longer then expected and I am starting to plan for our next trip so here goes!

First things first! Every post will have a song that goes with it. This way my PTR will have a soundtrack. Let's start things off with this PTR's namesake song. Life's a Happy Song. So just click on the link and enjoy.

We weren't planning on coming back to the World so early but something happened on our last vacation that allowed us to start planning a new trip. So welcome to our....

Please ignore the McDonalds haha, with all the excitement I completely forgot to get a picture of my DGF showing off her ring till we got to the airport.

Our DISNEYMOON 2012!

We got engaged in August 2011 on our first WDW vacation (Proposal story to come) and we are getting married in July 2012 at her family cottage. We decided to wait till August for our honeymoon because we like suffering in the heat!..Not, no it fit better with our work schedule so we are going again at the end of August. I'm starting my internship in September so it's our last chance to travel for a long time.

That's it for now. The next few posts will cover introductions, engagement story and brief overview of plans as they start take shape.

Thanks for joining in!

Last edited by OrangeJuice; 08-24-2012 at 10:06 PM.
OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Table of Contents

Introductions
ADR plans
Hotel is booked
ADR results
Day 1: Travel, Animals and Royalty
How we got engaged in WDW
Day 2: Epcot Done Differently
Day 3: Hollywood!
Day 4: Most Magical Place on Earth
Day 5: Just Keep Swimming!
Remembering the Magic: How to beat the Disney blues
Introducing Mrs and Mrs...All about our wedding
I swear the next update will be Disney related!
May 20th: Shop till you drop
NEW May 25th: Is she talking about food AGAIN?... yes I am
Day 6: Hollywood, World Fair and Magic
June 24: Day 7: M.I.C.- See you real Soon
July 13: Mickey Mail
July 21: Wedding Day
July 28: Can you Feel The Love Tonight? Wedding Pics
August 4: Last minute change in dining plans
August 10: Time to Pack
August 11: Time to fly! 8 Hours till lift-off
August 24: Trip Report Started

Last edited by OrangeJuice; 08-24-2012 at 10:07 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Welcome Welcome Welcome

Soundtrack: Magic Kingdom Welcome Show

I know it's been a long time since I've written. I've got a big exam coming up so it's difficult to find time for updates.

Last time I wrote I promised Introductions and I haven't even gotten to that yet.
So here goes:

Me (OrangeJuice): Firstly, I chose my username because when I first created this account it was to gather information on how to propose in WDW. I didn't want my DGF to be able to identify me by username so I decided on a very random name. This will be my 4th time to WDW. I've been twice as a child and this is my second time as an adult. I love to plan trips to WDW (even when none are in the near future). I collect Disney Movies and my favorite is Beauty and the Beast. Oh, and I talk too much about everything Disney.

DGF (TheKeeper): Our 2011 trip was TheKeeper's first trip to the world. If she wasn't a Disney fan before leaving she sure was after a few hours in Florida. She does a great job of not letting my constant Disney chatter get on her nerves (which I love her for). Favorites from our last trip include Tower of Terror (where I asked her to marry me) and Kona Café (Best Coffee ever!)

This is us on our last morning in Magic Kingdom.

Ok so we've introduced ourselves. Now it's your turn I'm looking forward to meeting everyone

Official Countdown: 184 days (ADR time is coming up)

Last edited by OrangeJuice; 02-16-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:23 PM   #4
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Soundtrack: Because thinking about Disney Dining makes me so hungry. Rumbly in my Tumbly

I hadn't planned on having our dates picked so early but around christmas time Air Canada offered a good discount on all flights for most of 2012 so we booked on New Years Eve. Our dates are August 12-18. That means that it will be hot and busy! Last year we were in WDW from August 20-31st and it was HOT but it was not that busy. We where able to get everything done that we had wanted to. We did use the touring plans which probably helped us a lot. We talked to friends of ours who where there around the same time and they did not do nearly as much as we did (and we took naps everyday!).

I've been so busy lately that I did not have any time to spend planning our trip until a few days ago I checked our countdown. We will be reaching the 180 day mark on Tuesday! Which means that we need to book tomorrow to be able to get the best options for meals. So we've read every menu and looked at plenty of dining reports and we are ready to present...

OUR DINING PLANS!

Day 1 (Sunday)
1900 Park Faire. I WANT STRAWBERRY SOUP. Ever since I read about it I've been craving it.

Day 2 (Monday)
Breakfast at Akershus: I am still a princess at heart!
Lunch at Le Cellier: In case we miss Canada too much.

Day 3 (Tuesday)
50's Prime Time: Milkshakes!... oh and of course I will eat my vegetables. We ended trying this one without ADRs last year after we got stranded in WDW due to Hurricane Irene.

Day 4 (Wednesday)
Kona Café: TONGA TONGA TONGA and of course the delicious coffee.
Grand Floridian Café: Great place for a quiet meal close to Magic Kingdom

Day 5 (Thursday)
Yak and Yeti: I've heard some good things so we'd like to try it.
Tommorrowland Dessert Party: We went last year and absolutely loved the experience. Great view of the castle without having to deal with the crowd.

Day 6(Friday)
Hollywood and Vine: Last year, I felt awkward at this breakfast buffet because of the characters (Disney Junior) but it was definitely some of the best food options we'd had all week.
Cape May Café: Ever since my fiancé heard that they had crab legs (all you can eat!!) she's been begging to go... so we are going!

Day 7(Saturday)
Our last day so Chef Mickey's: I think this is a great way to finish our vacation although I can still be convinced to change it to Crystal Palace. I absolutely loved walking down a nearly empty Main St.

Thanks for reading this far.

Last edited by OrangeJuice; 02-16-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:22 AM   #5
Marssiful
Earning My Ears

I'm looking forward to hearing about the proposal. I'm a sucker for stories like that! I am really looking forward to trying that strawberry soup as well! Can't wait to hear more.
Marssiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #6
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marssiful View Post
I'm looking forward to hearing about the proposal. I'm a sucker for stories like that! I am really looking forward to trying that strawberry soup as well! Can't wait to hear more.
Thanks for joining in! I actually can't wait to share either. Absolutely nothing went according to plan but it was magical nonetheless.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #7
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Hotel is booked!

Soundtrack: This is the Good Life

WE BOOKED OUR HOTEL

Last edited by OrangeJuice; 02-16-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #8
BenKling
Mouseketeer

SO EXCITING!

Can't wait to read more

BenKling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #9
vdub322
Are we there yet?

I love the resort screen with the countdown!! That's my favorite thing to look at while drinking my coffee every morning! Can't wait to hear about the proposal!

vdub322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #10
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKling View Post
SO EXCITING!

Can't wait to read more
Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdub322 View Post
I love the resort screen with the countdown!! That's my favorite thing to look at while drinking my coffee every morning! Can't wait to hear about the proposal!
I just love logging onto to DisneyWorld website and seeing that countdown screen. It made me so sad when I came back from our last trip and the screen was back to just generic advertisings.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #11
Sam33
DIS Veteran

DISNEY HONEYMOON! Definitely joining in. Best place ever for a honeymoon.

That's where we went and we have convinced my SIL and her GF to honeymoon there, too. Trying to get them to let me tag along but no luck so far

Where are you from in Canada? I've always wanted to go to Canada. Haha
Sam33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #12
thekeeper
Earning My Ears

Yay our PTR!! I am so glad that you started it. I just love reading what you are planning for both of us. I am so exited even though we are talking about our honeymoon pretty often I'm stille exited about reading it
thekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #13
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam33 View Post
DISNEY HONEYMOON! Definitely joining in. Best place ever for a honeymoon.

That's where we went and we have convinced my SIL and her GF to honeymoon there, too. Trying to get them to let me tag along but no luck so far

Where are you from in Canada? I've always wanted to go to Canada. Haha
Can you believe that we briefly considered going to NYC for our honeymoon. Thank god we changed our minds. A Disney Honeymoon seems so much more ... I was going to say relaxing but maybe I should say carefree. I just feel like you get treated better at WDW. How did you enjoy your Honeymoon? Any tips for us?

We are from New-Brunswick. What part of Canada where you interested in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekeeper View Post
Yay our PTR!! I am so glad that you started it. I just love reading what you are planning for both of us. I am so excited. Even though we are talking about our honeymoon pretty often, I'm still excited about reading it
YAY thanks for reading See you tomorrow! xox

Old 02-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #14
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

The Results are in!

Soundtrack: Kitchen Kabaret Medley[/B]

I woke up early and braved the World Wide Web to conquer my ADRs!

AND THE RESULTS ARE IN...... (Drumroll please)....

We got everything we wanted (almost)

The only reservation that I did not get EXACTLY what I wanted is Akershus. I was hoping to get the earliest possible (8:00) but we got 8:15. I know it's only 15 minutes (DGF made fun of me for this) but I like being first. We did talk about this and decided that if we are not done eating and have not seen all the princesses before the park open that we felt comfortable with no staying till the end. With TT being closed for refurb and MS making me very motion sick we don't feel like we need to rush to visit futureworld. Our focus will be on the smaller less popular rides and then we plan on hitting World Showcase as soon as it opens.

Last edited by OrangeJuice; 03-25-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #15
Sam33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
Can you believe that we briefly considered going to NYC for our honeymoon. Thank god we changed our minds. A Disney Honeymoon seems so much more ... I was going to say relaxing but maybe I should say carefree. I just feel like you get treated better at WDW. How did you enjoy your Honeymoon? Any tips for us?

We are from New-Brunswick. What part of Canada where you interested in?

YAY thanks for reading See you tomorrow! xox
Get the "just married" or "happily ever after" buttons! I don't like attention so it took us a couple of days to decide we wanted them and we got such great attention with them! The grounds keepers at the hotel would even stop and say congrats! And get in front for parades. EVERY character singled us out and congratulated us! It was awesome!

And I want to go to Toronto for the Hockey Hall of Fame. And DH wants to go to Vancouver because he snowboards a lot. Too bad Toronto is so dang far from Vancouver! I can't think of anything else to do in Toronto but we can't exactly go all the way to Toronto for something that takes half a day if you take your time!

I also have a good friend in Nova Scotia and it looks pretty up there!
Sam33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: