Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #61
tinkmom2
DIS Veteran
 
tinkmom2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 3,644

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkmom2 View Post
We just went to our Hispanic local grocery store and my DH got me a late Xmas present, a tamale steamer! Last year I used our turkey fryer basket and covered it with tin foil. This will save me some frustration and hopefully make the process quicker!
This is my blog from last year so you can see how I do it I will be posting more today.
http://tinkmomfoodie-foodobsession.b...oupon-day.html
It's time consuming more than anything. It just took me two hours to make a ton of tamales. But the end result is awesome! I have them on the stove now. I am going to make some rice to go along with them for dinner.
__________________
5 times to WDW 3 DCL cruises Once on the Dream One DCL Cruise on the Way 3/29/15
Completed Disney Dream TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2820800
CBR and WDW TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post43073148

Private Meeting with Donald and Friends DCL http://youtu.be/UISHRa8lScM
BBB The Reveal http://youtu.be/AOjMTF9YBtk
tinkmom2 is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 03:41 PM   #62
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me
 
dgbg100106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 46,369

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkmom2 View Post
It's time consuming more than anything. It just took me two hours to make a ton of tamales. But the end result is awesome! I have them on the stove now. I am going to make some rice to go along with them for dinner.
I love tamales... We just got back from South Texas for Christmas and we ate some wonderful Tamels while we were there.
__________________
Brandi & David Thanks Lulu's Mom

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-28-2011, 05:10 PM   #63
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife
 
java's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 20,152

I'm back in.

Just back from food shopping so I am stocked

Tonite is just hamburger and hot dog night. with onion rings....mmmm

Tomorrow will be Pork roast with garlic potatoes and green beans

Friday Chicken and broccoli with rice(fried if there is leftover pork just white if not) and dumplings

Saturday- NYE! Appetizers galore

Sunday- Ribs and mashed potatoes
java is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 05:55 PM   #64
PrincessParty
It's Cats, a Bird, and a Turtle Oh My!
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 974

Thanks for all the menu ideas, will share mine just as soon as I figure it out. Wanted to share as I am not venting just ! LOL I received a Mickey Mouse waffle iron for Christmas. I am watching my great nephew (5) as my niece is currently a hot mess and giving her husband a quick break....thought I was the cool aunt with MM waffles. My great nephew ate easy mac. I have a LONG way to go to "train" another Disney lover.
PrincessParty is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 06:26 PM   #65
Sagginit
DIS Veteran
 
Sagginit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: north NJ
Posts: 1,161

well since its just me i don't have to plan a new meal each night. right now i have some veggie broth/stock cooking on the stove made from some scrap veggies/about to expire ones. i will make some veggie soup from that for dinner the rest of the week. i got mozz cheese on sale for a good price so i just had grilled cheese and can make those to go with the soup.

i am about to make some crustless quiches (or mini frittatas) to reheat for breakfast the next three days. i bought bread for lunch but just realized no lunchmeat, so it will be pb & j the rest of the week.

after the new year i need to get back into the swing of things. i have had terrible eating habits during this holiday season. hopefully the thread will give me some good ideas.
__________________
*1997 Wilderness Lodge * 1998 Cornado Springs * 2009 Port Orleans * 2010 Caribbean Beach *2013 Caribbean Beach *
Sagginit is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 07:10 PM   #66
stich1fan
DIS Veteran
 
stich1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 501

I am thinking we will be eating Christmas leftovers for the next week or so.
stich1fan is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 08:04 PM   #67
ugadog99
Has been waiting patiently for a visit from the Tag Fairy and found that good things come to those who wait
Is on a hunt for the best Creme Brulee!
 
ugadog99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Too far from home
Posts: 6,540

Last week was crazy for us so trying to get back on track now.

Thursday: chicken quesadillas, cheese dip and chips, Spanish rice
Friday: hamburgers, Ranch pasta salad, pickles
Saturday: appetizer night
Sunday: chicken and dressing, black eyed peas, and brussel sprouts
Monday: leftover burgers
Tuesdy: leftover chicken and dressing
Wednesday/Thursday: meatball subs, 7 layer salad
__________________
ugadog99 is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 08:06 PM   #68
lisam427
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 636

im going to join in. we have some restaurant gift cards from Christmas. put other than using those i dont plan on eating out for the next few weeks unless using gift cards. i am going to go through my freezer and see what i can come up as far as a plan.
__________________
2005 POR, 2008 POR, 2009 POR, 2010 CBR
2011 CORONADO SPRINGS, 2012 POR, 2013 POFQ,
NEXT TRIP SEPTEMBER 2014 CORONADO SPRINGS

lisam427 is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 08:23 PM   #69
figment3258
DIS Veteran
 
figment3258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 1,708

Quote:
Originally Posted by java View Post
I'm back in.

Just back from food shopping so I am stocked

Tonite is just hamburger and hot dog night. with onion rings....mmmm

Tomorrow will be Pork roast with garlic potatoes and green beans

Friday Chicken and broccoli with rice(fried if there is leftover pork just white if not) and dumplings

Saturday- NYE! Appetizers galore

Sunday- Ribs and mashed potatoes
Welcome back!
__________________
[COLOR="Magenta"]DH ME DD11 Ali DD7 regan DD McKenna 2 CBR 2003 CBR 2004 BCR 2005 BCR 2007 CBR 2008 BCR 2009 BCR 2012 POR 2014!
figment3258 is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 08:24 PM   #70
figment3258
DIS Veteran
 
figment3258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 1,708

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisam427 View Post
im going to join in. we have some restaurant gift cards from Christmas. put other than using those i dont plan on eating out for the next few weeks unless using gift cards. i am going to go through my freezer and see what i can come up as far as a plan.
Welcome aboard!
__________________
[COLOR="Magenta"]DH ME DD11 Ali DD7 regan DD McKenna 2 CBR 2003 CBR 2004 BCR 2005 BCR 2007 CBR 2008 BCR 2009 BCR 2012 POR 2014!
figment3258 is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 11:52 PM   #71
LattNJ
Mouseketeer
 
LattNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 236

Been doing good not eating out....I think the only meal we've eaten out in 3 weeks was the chinese buffet on 12/23 after school, cost about $32 for the 4 of us. Not positive if there were other meals, but I'm pretty sure that was it.

Plans for the next week in no particular order:

-chicken scallopine over pasta
-cheeseburgers, lettuce, tomato and onions, fries
-subway (we got a gift card for Christmas)
-on NYE: cocktail meatballs (I'm working..everyone is bringing stuff in, husband and kids are going to my mom's, I'll split between work/momís)
-roasted chicken, brussel sprouts with balsamic and cranberries, mashed potatoes, chicken gravy
-peach whiskey bbq chicken with left over mashed potatoes, asparagus
-homemade chicken soup (using left over roasted chicken) and grilled cheese sandwiches
__________________
Me , DH , DD 14 , DD 10
LattNJ is offline  
Old 12-29-2011, 07:48 AM   #72
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me
 
dgbg100106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 46,369

Quote:
Originally Posted by LattNJ View Post
Been doing good not eating out....I think the only meal we've eaten out in 3 weeks was the chinese buffet on 12/23 after school, cost about $32 for the 4 of us. Not positive if there were other meals, but I'm pretty sure that was it.

Plans for the next week in no particular order:

-chicken scallopine over pasta
-cheeseburgers, lettuce, tomato and onions, fries
-subway (we got a gift card for Christmas)
-on NYE: cocktail meatballs (I'm working..everyone is bringing stuff in, husband and kids are going to my mom's, I'll split between work/momís)
-roasted chicken, brussel sprouts with balsamic and cranberries, mashed potatoes, chicken gravy
-peach whiskey bbq chicken with left over mashed potatoes, asparagus
-homemade chicken soup (using left over roasted chicken) and grilled cheese sandwiches
I just saw a recipe on pintrest for the brussle sprouts with cranberries and balsamic.... Have you tried this yet?
__________________
Brandi & David Thanks Lulu's Mom

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline  
Old 12-29-2011, 09:28 AM   #73
figment3258
DIS Veteran
 
figment3258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 1,708

Man what a week of trying new things. But thankfully everything has been so good!
Wednesday I made waffles on my new waffle maker, today my dd my doughnuts on her new baby cake dounuts maker
Right now I am baking cupcakes for dh's birthday from the cupcake diarys from the girls of dd cupcake
And tonight I am making my first prime rib.
__________________
[COLOR="Magenta"]DH ME DD11 Ali DD7 regan DD McKenna 2 CBR 2003 CBR 2004 BCR 2005 BCR 2007 CBR 2008 BCR 2009 BCR 2012 POR 2014!
figment3258 is offline  
Old 12-29-2011, 09:45 AM   #74
LattNJ
Mouseketeer
 
LattNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
I just saw a recipe on pintrest for the brussle sprouts with cranberries and balsamic.... Have you tried this yet?
no I've never made it before, I saw it on pioneerwoman.com and I was going to give it a try
__________________
Me , DH , DD 14 , DD 10
LattNJ is offline  
Old 12-29-2011, 09:47 AM   #75
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me
 
dgbg100106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 46,369

Quote:
Originally Posted by LattNJ View Post
no I've never made it before, I saw it on pioneerwoman.com and I was going to give it a try
would love to hear how it turns out...
__________________
Brandi & David Thanks Lulu's Mom

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: