Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2014, 08:51 AM   #1
FairestOfThemAll37
Mouseketeer

Splitting CS meals

Ok, so I always see this here as a way to save money and everybody talking about how monstrously huge the CS meals are that they could never finish one by themselves and I'm always a bit baffled.

What are you ordering that's so huge that two adults can split?!? Maybe I just eat more than 90% or you out there lol. I'm a lunch and dinner eater and maybe a snack late in the evening. There are definitely times where I can't finish but no way would I have been able to split it with another person and be satiated for 4-5hrs.

Am I a glutton or am I missing something?
FairestOfThemAll37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:01 AM   #2
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairestOfThemAll37 View Post
Ok, so I always see this here as a way to save money and everybody talking about how monstrously huge the CS meals are that they could never finish one by themselves and I'm always a bit baffled.

What are you ordering that's so huge that two adults can split?!? Maybe I just eat more than 90% or you out there lol. I'm a lunch and dinner eater and maybe a snack late in the evening. There are definitely times where I can't finish but no way would I have been able to split it with another person and be satiated for 4-5hrs.

Am I a glutton or am I missing something?
I think that it really depends on what and where you are eating.

My daughter and I can easily split a shawarma platter at the Tangierine Cafe in the Moroccan pavillion. And there's a vegetarian sub in Dinoland that comes with sweet potato fries that fills both of us up with one plate.

Eating with dietary restrictions or preferences will kind of hamstring you when it comes to sharing a meal. First of all, because it limits your choices to begin with and secondly, because your dining partner may not share your preferences. My daughter is an ovo-lacto vegetarian. I don't always want to eat beans, tofu and lentils. So we don't share every meal when we're together.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2014, 09:06 AM   #3
rebeccalb10
Mouseketeer

There is the rotisserie chicken at Starlite Cafe, I can usually split a taco salad from Peco's Bills since I put do many veggies on it.
rebeccalb10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:31 AM   #4
eeyoresmom
DIS Veteran

OP I totally agree with you. We are a family of smallish females,mainly, and we don't find most cs shareable. At least not one meal between 2 of us. Occasionally we will do 2 full meals between 3 of us ,or I will get a kids meal if we have been snacking. I have literally eaten at every CS in the parks and most resort ones and can only think of a few that two adults could share and be satisfied. The shawarma platter is one of them, but we usually get a side also which puts the cost at just about the same as two entrees elsewhere.
eeyoresmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:43 AM   #5
TravelMommy
Mouseketeer

I don't think most meals are huge

Sometimes I will split a meal with one of my kids in order to have a good snack (or two) later in the day (can you say Cronut!!?!). An example: Sunshine Seasons pork chop meal (excellent!!) I ate the whole thing and we split a dessert. Chicken meal one of the kids ate the whole thing. We easily split the cheeseburger meal at Hurricane Hannah's and both had Mickey Bars for dessert!!! (but it was hot, so not so big appetites that day). I have to share on the "order a kids meal" idea: I ordered a kids meal at a counter service spot in HS, it was a turkey sandwich (an Oscar Meyer kind, yuck) on fish shaped bread and small,small fries, carrots and small bottle of water. It was pitiful (at around $6) and would NOT have filled up any of my kids.
TravelMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:46 AM   #6
DawnM
Dawn

We don't share either. I have two teens and a younger boy who eats like a teen.

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:02 AM   #7
kymom99
DIS Veteran

At CBR we ordered pizza for our group and I got the kid's pasta. It was plenty for me and I gave my son the apple sauce and milk. He was 9 at the time so still drinking smaller amounts. They also had a meal at the food court that was a big serving of roasted chicken and a couple sides with cornbread. You could share that with a child I imagine.
At the counter service in Epcot at UK, I thought the fish serving was small. We ordered 2 meals for the 3 of us and there wasn't nearly enough. So it varies.
June 2008: POFQ
June 2009: Cape Cod
June 2010: CBR The whole gang!
July 2011: Holiday World, Vegas NYNY
July 2012: 1st trip to Disneyland!
June 2013: Siesta Key and RCCL Bahamas
June 2014: Pittsburgh, PA
kymom99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:51 PM   #8
ceecee
DIS Veteran

We usually split 2 CS between the 3 of us. DH, myself and DD who is 18 we tend to eat lighter meals so it does fine for us. We usually do one larger TS meal a day as well.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:05 PM   #9
MichiganKris
Mouseketeer

Depends

I think it depends on what you order and where you are eating. For most places we order 3 meals for 4 of us and we are plenty full. I don't think we would be satisfied with 2 meals for 4 people. All basically adults, high school age and up.
MichiganKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:43 PM   #10
worm761

I speak just to hear my own voice
I about died laughing when i heard that!!!

I agree. And I am not a big eater. Like the mini meal at McDonald's with 4 nuggets, a small fry, and a small drink is good for me. So not a huge appetite at all. I don't finish most meals eating out whether at Disney or otherwise. I know at CS I can eat the burger and some fries but most fries are being left behind. There is no way that my DH and I can eat half a burger and some fries and not be starving in a bit. DS is a teen so no sharing for him. And DD is 4 but picky so unless someone wants to eat chicken nuggets, fries, fishy crackers, and strawberry yogurt all week at Disney, she isn't sharing either.
worm761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:01 PM   #11
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

As we've 'aged'. DH and I are eating less and less. We regularly share CS meals; at AK's Pizzafari we'll order one pizza that comes with a salad and order an additional side salad. This is plenty for us. The bread service at Sanaa and a bowl of soup (each) makes a meal. At SSR, the turkey wrap is sufficient. We'll generally get an additional side: one wrap, a side of chips and a side of slaw. We seldom order an entrée when eating TS. Usually 2 or 3 appetizers will suffice as a meal. We weren't always like this. The closer to 60 we get, the more noticeable is has become. We've started avoiding the buffets because we just can't justify the expense with the little food we actually eat.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:04 PM   #12
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

Most of the Disney CS meals are nough for me to eat, certainly not enough for two. Sunshine Seasons portions aren't so generous.

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015
Trip reports! :: No Faith in Google Maps, Trust and Pixie Dust! ~ Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip! ~ The One Where I Finally Ride Splash????

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #13
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

A sand which at Columbia Harbor House is shareable, as is a wrap at Pecos Bills. We share a lot of meals.
okeydokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:13 PM   #14
ashley0139
DIS Veteran

I might be in the minority but I could easily share a CS meal. I have a pretty small appetite per meal (but eat more frequently) so I can't eat a lot at a time. I often don't end up sharing though because the people I'm with don't want what I want.

Pre-Trip Report 2009: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2293006

Pop Century October 19-26, 2011

Pre-Trip Report 2011: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2796928
Trip Report 2011:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2867080
ashley0139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:26 PM   #15
crisi
DIS Veteran

A double burger anywhere with fries is easily shareable by my daughter and I.

The rib dinner at the rib place in AK, or at Cosmic Rays is easily sharable for my daughter and I.

Cosmic Rays has (or had) a sub sandwich that fed my mother and I, but that was a few years ago.

We shared fish and chips at both Columbia Harbor house and the stand in England.

When it is me and the kids (a teenager daughter and a teenaged son) - two meals for three of us works, and three meals for four of us works when my husband is there - but two meals for four of us doesn't.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: