Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Today, 10:44 AM   #1
dksoccer
Earning My Ears

DL newbie: First, and probably only, trip (tips?)

Being from North Carolina my upcoming three day trip to Anaheim will likely be my one and only. While my DW will be entrenched in work related matters for a week, we have three days to devote to DL and CA (Sept 26-28). I am a self-proclaimed well knowledged and experienced WDW traveler but have no experience with DL. What do I need to know so I don't miss something important in the parks. This goes for theming, attractions, and dining. Also, any links to particularly helpful previous threads are appreciated.
dksoccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:33 PM   #2
DisneyNerdCraig
Blogging About Disney and Loving It

Hey there, dksoccer and welcome to SoCal! Make sure to go on the "unique to DL" rides like Matterhorn of course. Best places to eat IMHO are Ariel's Grotto (if you have small ones), Blue Bayou (for romantic meals or just a really cool experience), and of course the newest full service restaurant Carthay Circle Restaurant in DCA. You can read about my Carthay Circle experience on my blog. If those are super busy (or seem unappealing) Carnation Cafe is wonderful. I wrote about that one, too.

For quick service, I LOVE French Market and Cafe Orleans. If going to French Market, red beans and rice are great. Cafe Orleans - you've gotta have the Monte Cristo sandwich. Yum. And don't forget to grab a Mint Julep (non-alcoholic) behind the French Market at the Mint Julep Bar.

First thing in the morning, ask to ride in the Lilly Belle! My friend Crystal did and it was a great experience. Must see World of Color also.

Visit my blog for exclusive interviews, reviews, and previews about all things Disney!
DisneyNerdCraig is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: