Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #16
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

Cast of characters

So let me introduce the cast of characters:

There are six of us for the whole extravaganza.

Me: Mia - Bred on all things Disney since a child. This is my fourth trip to DL and my second onsite stay. My parents took me as a 10 year old and always feel a need to go back to my happy place.

DH: Begrudgingly allowed me to plan our last trip to take a darling daughters for the first time. We went to DL for eight days and treated the holiday like a Whitsunday Island vacation. We did nothing else except shopping and a hockey game. He d it and was more than happy to give the green light to this trip. He just wished he had said yes before the Christmas of 2009 This is his second visit and since he has stayed at the DLH on his first visit this is the bottom line for him.

DD1: Has recently turned 12 and is taller than me with a size 10 foot. Wants to get her first bikini in Hawaii (My DH Face) (GP Face) (Me) She is our daredevil, has been riding the Claw and Wipeout at Dreamworld since she was five. She just laughs and keeps on going. Adrenaline junky. DH is planning on taking her skydiving as soon as she is old enough. (My face) (DH face). 2nd Visit.

DD2: Is almost 10 and is headstrong and stubborn. We can also refer to her as MiniMia. I don't see it She was not tall enough for California Screamin last trip so is way excited. She is not quite as adventurous as DD1 but is getting gamer all the time. She will ride anything but is not keen on HM. She loves Heffalumps and Dumbo. 2nd visit.

GP (Grandpa) & GM (Grandma): My mum and dad, are Mousekeeter fans from when they were young and the magic of Disney has never lost its appeal. This is their fourth trip also. (I have been once without them). They cannot resist a Disney trip especially with the granddaughters. The smiles will never leave their faces and they seem to have endless patience even when DH and mine runs out. Gotta love them. They must have a spin on the teacups.

We are all addicted to churros and live our life on the churro economy, if you buy that you wont be able to have x amount of churros in DL. Dont worry about the fares, accommodation, as long as there is enough money for churros.

So we are all flying with Qantas. We will all fly to Sydney and meet at the domestic terminal before transferring to the International Terminal to catch our flight to Honolulu together.

We flicked through our last holiday album this morning and DD2 touched GM&GP's faces and said I can't believe we will see them in 4 days.

Living interstate from family means that when we visit, they keep working to save their holidays and vice versa. It will be so nice to spend sometime together without the normal day to day distractions to step in.

Recently by brother (DB) and his girlfriend (DBG) announced that they were spending Christmas in Hawaii so our last weekend in Hawaii when we are at Aulani they will be staying at the Marriot next door with her family so there will be a BIG family lunch on the Sunday at Ama Ama at Aulani.

Next up - the plan of attack....
Old 12-04-2011, 10:14 PM   #17
lovintheland
Mouseketeer

Hi, your holiday sounds so amazing, I'm very envious. It would be my perfect holiday> Hope you have an amazing time.

We are going to Hawaii in 5 and a bit weeks and plan to have a night or two at Aulani as well during the 2 weeks we're there. Just wondered did you book your accomodation directly on the webiste? and did you get a good price?
lovintheland is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2011, 10:21 PM   #18
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovintheland View Post
Hi, your holiday sounds so amazing, I'm very envious. It would be my perfect holiday> Hope you have an amazing time.

We are going to Hawaii in 5 and a bit weeks and plan to have a night or two at Aulani as well during the 2 weeks we're there. Just wondered did you book your accommodation directly on the website? and did you get a good price?
I booked through Qantas Holidays. There was not a lot of difference in the price, with currency fluctuations and this way I get frequent flyer points on the booking. Method in madness. I am accumulating those for another holiday and I have enough for the four of us to go to WDW or the two of us to fly business class back to Europe.

We would have booked a parlour suite but the limit is 5 in the room so we have two adjoining ocean view rooms. The price was a little steep but when you are paying to begin with, I sure dont want to look at the carpark, so a little more for a nice view is worth it. I'll just keep going to work.

Your trip sounds great. I am sure to be green with envy when you are there and I am home with no definite future holiday plans.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:38 PM   #19
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

The Plan of Attack

So here is the final plan of attack:

Day 1: Depart for Honolulu. Arrive and check in at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.

Day 2: Shop and relax

Day 3: Pearl Harbor

Day 4:

Day 5: Sea Life Marine Park

Day 6:

Day 7:

Day 8: Move to Aulani. Have booked a couples massage at the day spa for DH and I

Day 9: Character Breakfast at "Aunty's Breakfast Celebration at the Makahiki" at Aulani. Joined by DB and DBG.

Day 10: Day Spa Hair for DD1 and DD2. Lunch for 10 at Ama Ama.

Day 11: Up early to catch our AA Flight to LAX. Straight to the DLH. Dinner at Rainforest Cafe and depending on how we feel maybe the parks or a good nights sleep.

Day 12: Breakfast with Goofy (a family tradition for our first morning) and off to the parks

Day 13: Day at the parks and Desert Seating for Fantasmic

Day 14: Day at the parks and Holiday Tour

Day 15: Day trip to LA to do Warner Bros Studio Tour and Hollywood

Day 16: Christmas Eve: Dinner at Blue Bayou

Day 17: Christmas Day: Dinner at Storytellers

Day 18: World of Colour Dinner at Wine Country Trattoria

Day 19: Day in park before flying home.

Our aim is to truly relax and unwind in Hawaii. We may rent a car for the day or even fly over to the Big Island. My parents have organised swimming with dolphins for the girls at the Sea Life Park which is their Christmas treat. We will just play it by ear. The girls would also love surfing lessons. I shall drink my way through the cocktail menu - a girl has to have a goal. DH thinks the menu had better be short

We know that DL will be the busiest we have ever experienced but we are really going to enjoy the little things. We are sure to go on everything that we want at least once but I want to ride Big Thunder with fireworks, ride Jungle Cruise at night, enjoy sitting down to eat around the parks instead of grabbing the nearest fries from counter service.

It is all about stopping to smell the roses and enjoying some together time.

Writing this is just getting me into the right mood, the fact that by boss moved the deadline that was giving me a headache until after I get back is also making the day seem brighter.

I also checked by travel money card to find some extra money on there. The balance on there is what I thought I had total but I also have cash so I am very happy.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:06 AM   #20
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Sounds like a great holiday and a fabulous Christmas. Enjoy! I look forward to your TR posts and pics when you return.

If I don't catch you, have a great trip.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:25 AM   #21
Mum from oz
DIS Veteran

It is exciting just looking at your itinerary! Are you going to visit the Dole plantation in Hawaii? Get some Dole whip? It's good to see you have a day set aside for shopping, but shopping and relaxing on the same day?

Hope you have an amazing trip!
2013 - Vegas Wedding, Western Caribbean Fantasy Cruise, WDW 1st time onsite!!
Mum from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:32 AM   #22
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum from oz View Post
It is exciting just looking at your itinerary! Are you going to visit the Dole plantation in Hawaii? Get some Dole whip? It's good to see you have a day set aside for shopping, but shopping and relaxing on the same day?

Hope you have an amazing trip!
There will be more than one shopping day, more like a morning of shopping an afternoon of the beach, or a morning at the beach and an afternoon of shopping.

Ala Moana is open to 10pm every night we are there so that should work out fine.

Don't hate me but I hate pineapple, I suppose I should offer it as an option to the traveling crew. It is really so about me...
Old 12-05-2011, 04:35 AM   #23
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Sounds like a great holiday and a fabulous Christmas. Enjoy! I look forward to your TR posts and pics when you return.

If I don't catch you, have a great trip.
Thanks PIO. You have been wonderful in sharing the countdown with me, and with suggestions for what to do. It has been wonderful to have someone else to toss ideas around in that doesn't just nod their head. So thanks.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas, I will continue to enjoy the planning of your Hong Kong trip with you on my return when I will need a fix to keep me going along.

Mia
Old 12-05-2011, 12:38 PM   #24
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

3 SLEEPS
Old 12-05-2011, 02:09 PM   #25
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

The holiday sounds really relaxing actually. I think you will enjoy every single minute and your excitement is definitely bubbling through.

I'm excited for you!

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:04 AM   #26
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

2 days to go. Had my hair done and we might just get around to packing tonight. I can even see the light at the end of the tunnel on the work list.

As I see it I might just make this plane.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:33 AM   #27
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by areweindisneyyet View Post
Thought I would share some Christmas cheer on the Oz side. Any countdown is good.

It will become. Trip report. Have loved your adventure so far. My girls would love to do Harry Potter world. I might see if we can go to Sydney for the HP exhibition there. Will see ow the Warner Bros tour in LA goes. I am going to sit on the Friends couch

I shall review Aulani with pleasure. I tossed and turned on this one but I could not be so close and not check it out. It is like a duty
omg, you get to sit on the friends couch? jealous!!! wwohp was fab, and we're going back in nov during our dlr/wdw trip. i told carlo i didn't care where we went, but we needed more butterbeer. a, it's yummy and b, i don't know what i did before it was invented but c, i neeeeed it. it is quite lovely and unique and the fact that it's non-alcoholic but makes me feel all warm & squishy -- bliss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by areweindisneyyet View Post
2 days to go. Had my hair done and we might just get around to packing tonight. I can even see the light at the end of the tunnel on the work list.

As I see it I might just make this plane.
ahh, i remember that feeling of just controlled panic + anticipation. you will be fine and i'm sure your trip will be amazing. so jealous you'll be there for christmas. can't wait to hear all about aulani. i want to take carlo there as a precursor to getting him to europe

baby steps

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:26 AM   #28
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
omg, you get to sit on the friends couch? jealous!!! wwohp was fab, and we're going back in nov during our dlr/wdw trip. i told carlo i didn't care where we went, but we needed more butterbeer. a, it's yummy and b, i don't know what i did before it was invented but c, i neeeeed it. it is quite lovely and unique and the fact that it's non-alcoholic but makes me feel all warm & squishy -- bliss!

ahh, i remember that feeling of just controlled panic + anticipation. you will be fine and i'm sure your trip will be amazing. so jealous you'll be there for christmas. can't wait to hear all about aulani. i want to take carlo there as a precursor to getting him to europe

baby steps

We did Europe earlier this year. There is a trip report somewhere here on the oz boards. Lots of pictures.

WWOHP is on our list of places along with NY.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:48 PM   #29
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

TOMORROW TOMORROW I LOVE YA TOMORROW

Went to the office early and cleared the desk. Just a couple of emails to chase back and forward from home, but nothing that can't be dealt with here.

My business: need to finish off something for a client

THEN

pack (still a pile of clothes on cases, starting to think just take clean undies), clean the house, wash (3rd day of rain in a row), think about dinner, find a book for DD2 to read on the plane, add credit to T Mobile SIM, get cat food, clean out the car before DH decides to pack it, and decide whether to get an underwater camera.

Plenty of time. The children are singing and willingly cleaning their end of the house after a warning from DH while I was at the office. He is too funny.

Next step finish work. Maybe I can get it done and then watch Ellen while thinking really hard about the packing....
Old 12-07-2011, 11:04 PM   #30
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Catch up with you NEXT YEAR!!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: