Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #16
Atlas722
Mouseketeer

Definite decline in quality.
Atlas722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:58 AM   #17
sheranudeep
Earning My Ears

Its time Disney start channel by name Disney Classic showing all the old programs .
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #18
aidansmommy
Mouseketeer

Although I love P & F and can tolerate most shows on Disney Junior, I agree! I loved Pooh's Corner and does anyone remember "Under the Umbrella Tree"? That's one that I loved!

Me:: The Hub ds(7years) dd(4years) (Sulley)(Bolt) (Beaker) (the three mouse-cat-eers)(R.I.P. Ludo 3/13/12)
aidansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #19
BelleBriarRose
Mouseketeer

I fully support the "Disney Classic" idea. It seems like a logical expansion, a great option for Disney fans who want to stick with the classic programming. But then, who would watch the new Disney Channel? Still, a Disney Classic channel would hit the spot for classic Disney fans!
BelleBriarRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #20
SouthernExplorer
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up

I share your opinion. I remember when TDC had the New MMC, had music specials, Disney bumpers, old Disney cartoons/movie segments, and various movie festivals. This was back in the 90's and before they turned the channel into a Nickelodeon wanna-be.

Fortunately, I have some old Disney specials on VHS tape and transferred them onto DVDs. Anyone remember WDW: Inside Out hosted by Scott Harriot? I'm so glad I have those on VHS! I also have found TCM
Old 03-28-2012, 03:28 PM   #21
2Guys1Mouse
Burning My Ears

I fear that the primary goal of the Disney Channel now if to make sure everything can reach a multi-platform: cast a kid in a show, sell merchandise, record an album, then fire him. You never saw them do that with Boy Meets World.
2Guys1Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #22
BelleBriarRose
Mouseketeer

Disney Channel never really got it right again after Boy Meets World. TV actors do not need to be pop stars or models. In fact, it is probably best if they aren't (see Miley Cyrus for proof). TV shows don't need to take place on cruise ships or penthouse suites, either.
BelleBriarRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #23
snarlingcoyote
I know people who live in really carpy school districts

I hadn't watched TDC since I was in HS when it first started. Back then, our whole family watched it, and it had really good programming, include runs of the old movies.

I got started watching it again after I caught a 1st season episode of P&F (while I was at WDW) and fell in love. Now even my DH is excited when there's a new episode. It's clever entertainment.

From that, I caught Wizards of Waverly Place. It's definitely a kids' show, the pacing and plotting are definitely in that genre, but it stood out. I called it "Disney does Surrealism." At times, it could be brilliantly silly, and I loved the character of Alex, who is the anti-Disney-show-heroine--much more Jack Sparrow than Hannah Montana.

These current shows. . .meh. Zeke and Luther is definitely surreal, but it's just not as engaging. Ant Farm, Jessie, Shake It Up and Good Luck Charlie are just. . .more Good Girl dramas.

Is it too much to hope for a Wizard's sequel?
snarlingcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #24
singsweetnightingale
Mouseketeer

Definitely. I really don't understand why they don't rectify this! I always trawl through my Sky+ and press record on all the old shows I used to like. They're usually on last thing at night or first thing in the morning which is upsetting.

Sarah (26) my Disney tumblr
DLP August 2012: Hotel Santa Fe. 5 nights.
DLP January 2013: Sequoia Lodge. 4 nights.
singsweetnightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:13 AM   #25
LongLiveDisney
DIS Veteran

I couldn't agree more. There simply isn't the same quality anymore. They even got rid of Toon Disney, which was the only place we could catch a Mickey Mouse cartoon!

Me DM DF DSis DB
LongLiveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #26
Reesecup317
Earning My Ears

I love Phineas and Ferb it's probably the best show on the disney channel. I also like the new show Gravity Falls, but the rest of their shows range from mediocre to flat out bad.
Reesecup317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:15 PM   #27
DisneyAllyC
Princess Ally

Yes ever since the premiere of Hannah Montanna. I miss That's So Raven and Lizzie McGuire. And I really miss House of Mouse

1998:First trip to Disney-Polynesian
2004: Pop Century
2005: All Star Music
2007: Saratoga Springs
2009: High School Senior Trip-All Star Sports

4 days until my next trip to Disney World!
DisneyAllyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #28
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyAllyC
Yes ever since the premiere of Hannah Montanna. I miss That's So Raven and Lizzie McGuire. And I really miss House of Mouse
I LOVED Lizzie McGuire. I really wish there would have been more seasons. The programs now drive me nuts, but Shake It Up and Austin and Ally take the biscuit for being the worst.

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:50 PM   #29
JapanNerd
Childish College Student

It's honestly declined since Hannah Montana was first released. Now almost every show follows the same formula: Stupid parents, kids in charge, stupid jokes, spoiled kids who are either a rockstar, dancer, or some sort of special person. Honestly I guess I can understand the hype of watching someone special do special and amazing feats (Wizards of Waverly Place seems to do it right.) but in all honesty they're pretty much the same show over and over again. I remember shows like Lizzie McGuire and That's so Raven... whenever those kids got into trouble, they got into trouble and wasn't so spoiled that they were treated like they were special. I think it's gotten to the point where the parents in the shows are too easy on the kids, and quite honestly are unrealistic. Would you honestly tell your kids that they weren't wrong when they almost hurt themselves and others?
Old 09-25-2012, 11:02 PM   #30
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

Mr. Kipling is the best actor on the Disney Channel.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: