Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #16
Mississippianna
Still loving Disney World like a 6-year-old

Here's my view... You've been to WDW and will probably go back. But you only get one Honeymoon. On your Honeymoon, you should be spending some time in your room. You should absolutely stay somewhere with a nice view, and where you can have room service breakfast in bed. This should be a very special trip, your most special Disney trip.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:45 AM   #17
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Keep in mind that when you book a DVC reservation, there are no upgrades like there are when you are a cash guest, unless there is a problem with the room (like maintenance).

So, if you want to try for an MK view room, then you would want to book that from the start.

Having said that, there are some LV rooms on the northern end of the tower that have a partial MK view from the balcony--we have had them twice.

But, at this point, it may be difficult to secure MK view via DVC as those go fast and you will be there right after 4th of July which can be a popular time. Booking window for BLT members has been open since August.

LV , however, should be available with no problem and even if you book that and don't get the partial MK view, there are places to see the castle from the resort. We love that location as it is our favorite place to stay. I vote for that!

Congratulations and good luck!

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2011, 10:19 AM   #18
catra121
DIS Veteran

Maybe just a different perspective here. You will probably be spending a little more time in your room (it IS your honeymoon) so I think renting DVC points for a studio would be a good option. My personal choice would be AKL...it's a beautiful resort that really takes you away...but I think any of the studios would work.

But think about this...it is your honeymoon and you have been to Disney many times. What ELSE are you going to do to make it special? The extra money you could spend on a deluxe room at CR with MK view...that's great and all...but is there something else you could do with the extra money you would spend to get that view? Maybe a few REALLY nice meals, splurge on deluxe dining, maybe a fireworks or illuminations cruise, maybe Cirque, maybe a photograhy session, several extra days just to relax, or the million other things that you could do? There are more ways to make the trip special than just a nice room and a good view and if it were me I would try to focus more on making the TRIP special than just having a nice room.

Just something to think about...

Stayed at: AOA Lion King Suite, Bonnet Creek , POP Century, Coronado Springs Resort, Port Orleans Riverside, and The Dolphin (when I was really young)

Next Stay: Caribbean Beach Resort September 2014
catra121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:25 AM   #19
Pluto1976
Mouseketeer

Last edited by Pluto1976; 11-12-2011 at 08:04 AM.
Pluto1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:00 PM   #20
TrueDisneyLove61207
Mouseketeer

so we have finally decided on getting the annual pass and we definitely want to do the dinning plan! So now that we have finally decided on that I have no idea how much this would cost because I did not purchase my AP pass yet... guess I am going to have to do that ASAP to see what prices pop up for July. THis is so confusing my future wife doesn't care where we stay lol I on the other hand do!!! What about POR princess room??? I am obsessed with mickey and minnie and would love to have them incorporated in my room some how :-/ this is why I always stayed at pop and movies... my wedding is mickey minnie haha... I am really a big kid! This is all giving me a headache
TrueDisneyLove61207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:10 PM   #21
Scarlett81
Mommy to my princess and lil pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDisneyLove61207 View Post
so we have finally decided on getting the annual pass and we definitely want to do the dinning plan! So now that we have finally decided on that I have no idea how much this would cost because I did not purchase my AP pass yet... guess I am going to have to do that ASAP to see what prices pop up for July. THis is so confusing my future wife doesn't care where we stay lol I on the other hand do!!! What about POR princess room??? I am obsessed with mickey and minnie and would love to have them incorporated in my room some how :-/ this is why I always stayed at pop and movies... my wedding is mickey minnie haha... I am really a big kid! This is all giving me a headache
You culd have disney floral and gifts do a mickey themed celebration in your room when you arrive. There are all price ranges and themes from wedding, to mickey/minnie to princess-from $30 up to $500 or more.

http://www.disneyflorist.com/categor...ations/display

CF Make a Wish Trip O/S-87' Fort Wilderness Campground-99' O/S-03' O/S-04' O/S-08' O/S-09' Beach Club-10' Grand Floridian-11' FW Cabins-11'
Sister's/Girl's Trip AKL 12' Princess Half Marathon Finisher!!! (Split stay Dolphin and BC) 13' Beach Club weekend coming up! 13' Princess Half Marathon Finisher 2014' (Split stay Swan and AKL)
WL for end of school year celebration..June 14'
Scarlett81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:14 PM   #22
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Any of the Mods would be perfect for a honeymoon. They're all beautiful in their own way. Of course, a Value is perfect also - but not as "romantic" while walking the grounds. Mods tend to be a bit quieter (depending on your neighbors, of course) - thus a bit more beautiful, charming, and romantic.

Good luck in your choices - and again - Congratulations!
Old 11-12-2011, 10:59 AM   #23
P00H1010
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! DH and I have spent our 1st and 2nd anniversaries at WDW. I would imagine WDW will be a yearly thing for us . I completely understand wanting to see the castle outside your room. It also comes with a steep price tag. My advice would be to do a moderate resort or possibly a split stay and do 1 or 2 nights at a deluxe and the rest of your nights at a value or moderate. That is what we are considering doing for our next trip (we might be able to use a friends DVC points). Our two anniversary trips we spent at CBR (it is a moderate). We love it there, the landscaping is gorgeous. Each village has its own pool and beach area plus there is the main pool. The walkway around the resort is really nice, there are cabanas and hammocks to relax in along the way. It is a very relaxed and laid back atmosphere. We love the resort and feel it is romantic. I'm sure whatever you decide you will have a wonderful time, enjoy !!!!

July 2010: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
July 2011: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
July 2012: Split Stay @ Bay Lake Tower/Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
September 2013: Split Stay @ Art of Animation/Beach Club Villas
July 2014: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
P00H1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:42 PM   #24
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

When DH and I had our honeymoon trip in 2005 we splirged and got ONE night in the Contemporary in a MK view room. We were put on the 9th floor in a MAG-NIF-I-CENT room overlooking the park. Let me just say that that one night has nearly "ruined" all the other resorts for us. We walked in and opened the balcomy door and we could HEAR the park! The view was breathtaking. I almost didn't want to leave the room!

After our one night we switched to 5 nights at Beach CLub where we were upgraded to CONCIERGE. While the BC room overlooking Crescent Lake was beautiful, it still paled in comparison to that magical room at CR.

On all of our subsequent trips 2006, 2008, 2010, we have been on strict budgets and had to stay at Pop, which we really adore. It suits our needs (shower and a bed) and the place is quite charming.

If we were doing a "dream trip" like a honeymoon, we'd be booking the Contemporary. In fact, my DH's uncle just offered us his 2 years worth of unused DVC points for ourplanned 2012 trip. It's Bay Lake Towers or bust for us! Yay!!
Old 11-12-2011, 12:53 PM   #25
TrueDisneyLove61207
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
When DH and I had our honeymoon trip in 2005 we splirged and got ONE night in the Contemporary in a MK view room. We were put on the 9th floor in a MAG-NIF-I-CENT room overlooking the park. Let me just say that that one night has nearly "ruined" all the other resorts for us. We walked in and opened the balcomy door and we could HEAR the park! The view was breathtaking. I almost didn't want to leave the room!

After our one night we switched to 5 nights at Beach CLub where we were upgraded to CONCIERGE. While the BC room overlooking Crescent Lake was beautiful, it still paled in comparison to that magical room at CR.

On all of our subsequent trips 2006, 2008, 2010, we have been on strict budgets and had to stay at Pop, which we really adore. It suits our needs (shower and a bed) and the place is quite charming.

If we were doing a "dream trip" like a honeymoon, we'd be booking the Contemporary. In fact, my DH's uncle just offered us his 2 years worth of unused DVC points for ourplanned 2012 trip. It's Bay Lake Towers or bust for us! Yay!!
You just totally stepped inside my head and saw my dream room lol this is so confusing and the price tags for these rooms are ridiculous haha
TrueDisneyLove61207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:01 PM   #26
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDisneyLove61207 View Post
You just totally stepped inside my head and saw my dream room lol this is so confusing and the price tags for these rooms are ridiculous haha
BOOK IT!! You will not be disappointed, I promise. That room at the CR is ALL we think about. When we were kids we both dreamed about staying in that "hotel with the monorail running through it", so staying there on our honeymoon, even for that one night, was a fulfillment of two childhood dreams.

I still have the video of our Magical Express ride from the airport to the CR, and the squeals of delight from me as we approached the hotel. Ahhh bliss!

Old 11-12-2011, 03:50 PM   #27
Scarlett81
Mommy to my princess and lil pirate

Not that i endorse credit card debt.....but there is always disney visa's 6 month 0% financing!! yea!

CF Make a Wish Trip O/S-87' Fort Wilderness Campground-99' O/S-03' O/S-04' O/S-08' O/S-09' Beach Club-10' Grand Floridian-11' FW Cabins-11'
Sister's/Girl's Trip AKL 12' Princess Half Marathon Finisher!!! (Split stay Dolphin and BC) 13' Beach Club weekend coming up! 13' Princess Half Marathon Finisher 2014' (Split stay Swan and AKL)
WL for end of school year celebration..June 14'
Scarlett81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
honeymoon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: