Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2011, 12:12 PM   #1
TrueDisneyLove61207
Mouseketeer

Question So Confused about Honeymoon Trip!

My future DW and I are planning our honeymoon for July 2012. Our Wedding day July 3, 2012.. We are driving so we would lave July 5th and arrive on July 6th. We have only stayed at Pop Century and All Star Movies due to expenses. However, now that its our honeymoon and we are saving up ect.. we want to go up a level. I have looked into renting DVC points. I really want to be by the castle and see it out my room window. My future DW thinks its pointless to pay this amount of money because we are hardly in the room. My point exactly which is why I want to add on a few extra days to relax and swim ect... I want it to be a great honeymoon and it being July I know the weather is hot and its crowded and rains in the afternoon. Being a avid Disney traveler I know the ins and outs but I have never stayed any where but the value resorts. My parents owned a time share outside of disney. So my question in all of this is what should we do? We recieved a pin code for 25% off but it stilll adds up when you do the Deluxe resorts. I have priced and repriced everything... should I try my luck for an upgrade and pay for the lake view if I rent DVC points??? I am so confused... what resort would you suggest? Of course I would love to stay at the GF but its so expensive so my second option was Contemporary so I can see the castle So confused HELP what about moderate resorts??? AHHH lol
TrueDisneyLove61207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:17 PM   #2
Kae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDisneyLove61207 View Post
My future DW and I are planning our honeymoon for July 2012. Our Wedding day July 3, 2012.. We are driving so we would lave July 5th and arrive on July 6th. We have only stayed at Pop Century and All Star Movies due to expenses. However, now that its our honeymoon and we are saving up ect.. we want to go up a level. I have looked into renting DVC points. I really want to be by the castle and see it out my room window. My future DW thinks its pointless to pay this amount of money because we are hardly in the room. My point exactly which is why I want to add on a few extra days to relax and swim ect... I want it to be a great honeymoon and it being July I know the weather is hot and its crowded and rains in the afternoon. Being a avid Disney traveler I know the ins and outs but I have never stayed any where but the value resorts. My parents owned a time share outside of disney. So my question in all of this is what should we do? We recieved a pin code for 25% off but it stilll adds up when you do the Deluxe resorts. I have priced and repriced everything... should I try my luck for an upgrade and pay for the lake view if I rent DVC points??? I am so confused... what resort would you suggest? Of course I would love to stay at the GF but its so expensive so my second option was Contemporary so I can see the castle So confused HELP what about moderate resorts??? AHHH lol
I would try to go with Mod or Value, I get wanting to see the castle from ur room but you will still have a great time even if you don't. I would look into the WL great resort lower priced Deluxe, we love it. As for a Mod I would choose POFQ. I also love AKL but would only pick it with a savanah view.

Kae
Oct 1999-POFQ May 1996-AS Music May 1994-Travel Lodge DTD Dec 1971-Contemporary
DisneyLand-March 2006
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2011, 01:28 PM   #3
Sgt Tibbs
Mouseketeer

How about the Wilderness Lodge, a less expensive deluxe resort in the Magic Kingdom resort area.

You won't see the castle you will only be a boat ride away.
Sgt Tibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:29 PM   #4
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Congrats on your wedding
I would first look into renting points, I know there are sites that have a flat rate of $12 per point, but I have seen them on the DVC rental board for $8 and $10 a point.

DW DH DD(9) DD(4)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #5
mr.bungle
DIS Veteran

All I can tell you is that when we staying in the WL Villas for our honeymoon, it spoiled us! Now it is so hard to not be able to afford a deluxe. We stayed at Pop last time and it wasn't as fun of a trip for us. WL Villas was a wonderful experience and made for a great honeymoon.

So... seeing as you're the opposite and it is your honeymoon, why not go for the little extra magic. Do take that time to enjoy the resort and the room.

We are entertaining the idea of renting points for our next Disney trip. So far in my research it does seem to be a good deal.
mr.bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #6
amzking
DIS Veteran

Another vote for WL here. It's the least expensive of the deluxes and IMO a very relaxing, romantic hotel. No MK view though.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:25 PM   #7
motherwild
Mouseketeer

This your honeymoon it should be special.Maybe you could split your stay at delux hotel for a few nights out of your stay. Best wishes on your marraige.

motherwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:28 PM   #8
Aunt Bee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherwild View Post
This your honeymoon it should be special.Maybe you could split your stay at delux hotel for a few nights out of your stay. Best wishes on your marraige.
That's exactly what I was thinking!
Aunt Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:46 PM   #9
Seahunt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDisneyLove61207 View Post
I really want to be by the castle and see it out my room window

my second option was Contemporary so I can see the castle

CR MK view is a favorite choice for DH & I (especially for the fireworks view) but while staying there I have heard plenty of complaints from people who really expected to have the castle be "closer", "right there", more "up close and personal".

So are you 100% sure you would be happy and satisfied spending the extra $$$ for this CR MK castle view room? Can't live without it? Or would you be disappointed because the castle view was not what you expected?

ITA with the other posters who mention maybe going deluxe for just a night or so, and jmo I would say the Poly Club Level for a day you'll be spending around the resort would be extra nice. Enjoy the lounge, rent a cabana by the pool, ahhhh....gee I can sure spend your $$$ huh
Seahunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:59 PM   #10
houseful of boys
Mouseketeer

I would recommend staying in a garden view room at the poly. Very romantic vibe there and no matter where your room is, it's a short romantic stroll to the beach where you can enjoy a hammock with the best view of the castle and fireworks.

houseful of boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:26 AM   #11
abminer
Mouseketeer

I think renting DVC points sounds like a good fit for you, but you're now less than 11 months out from your honeymoon at one of the most busy (ie expensive) weeks of the year. The low-point rooms at the really popular resorts go fast. You'd clearly love BLT at the CR. Go over to the DVC board and see if someone can check on availability for you.

I do agree that WL or renting at VWL are great options. It's very romantic and though not cheap, it's way cheaper than the monorail resorts. There *are* a couple rooms at WL with a distant castle view that you can see from the balcony. The castle pops out over the trees, but fireworks are certainly visible. Check the WL info thread.

It's your honeymoon, take the risk and stay at the best accommodation you can swing and know you won't regret. If you do end up with a spit stay (not ideal, but better than nothing), stay at a mod first (CSR is most adult so good for honeymoons) then go deluxe, not the other way around.

October 2011 - Pop Century
October 2009 - Coronado Springs
December 2007 -Wilderness Lodge / MVMCP (grown-up fam trip)
August 2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
May 1998 - All Star Music

Childhood Trips: 1994 - Dixie Landings/Port Orleans Riverside, 1990 - Caribbean Beach, 1986 - Contemporary
abminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:04 AM   #12
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Another vote for WL. Certain sides of the building have views of the fireworks at MK, and the cost is only slightly higher than a mod. If you can afford a mod, the cost of WL isn't far off.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:10 AM   #13
AJA
DIS Veteran

Do you guys like Epcot? Have you thought about the Swan and Dolphin? For the price of a Disney moderate you get a much better location. I know it isn't Magic Kingdom but you have the Friendship boat to DHS and the more adult themed entertainment of the Boardwalk area.

I also like the idea of renting points. You know your date is set in stone (one of the only cons of renting imo). If I were renting points I'd go with BLT and try for the MK view. WL would also be nice.

If you do end going with a Disney moderate my vote is for the POR resorts.
AJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:59 AM   #14
KandD
BUT YOU NEVER SAID THEY HAD TO BE WEARING SHOES!!!

We just went on our Honeymoon to WDW a few months ago. We stayed Deluxe for the first time and absolutely loved it. We stayed at the Yacht Club and really did Disney much differently than we are used to. We went to the parks in the am, did a few rides, and then went back to the resort for a LOT of pool time, we took naps, we relaxed. At night we would walk over to Epcot or take the boat to HS. It was really lovely.
We really liked the resort and I looked at prices for our next trip but it is just too expensive for us. But I don't regret any of the money that we spent for the honeymoon because we DID spend a lot of time at the resort and the walking distance to Epcot was absolutely worth it.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #15
Scarlett81
Mommy to my princess and lil pirate

we just paid for a theme park view room, and sure it was awesome, but 2 floors below us there were people sitting in chairs watching the same fireworks with the same view and they didn't pay a dime for it. if you can afford it, do it...but you will want to be in the parks some evenings or dining some evenings. you'll probably be around the hotel only once or twice to really take in the view for fireworks for example...is it really worth it? to me, its not. i'd rather take that cash and put it towards an awesome fine dining experience.
take an evening where wishes is at 9 or 10 pm, go to dinner near the hotel around 6 and stroll over to a nice beach or bench and watch there. i promise it will be just as romantic.
if you're set on a castle room then i would go moderate or value for the bulk of your trip and then end the last night at an all out gf, poly or cr room.

CF Make a Wish Trip O/S-87' Fort Wilderness Campground-99' O/S-03' O/S-04' O/S-08' O/S-09' Beach Club-10' Grand Floridian-11' FW Cabins-11'
Sister's/Girl's Trip AKL 12' Princess Half Marathon Finisher!!! (Split stay Dolphin and BC) 13' Beach Club weekend coming up! 13' Princess Half Marathon Finisher 2014' (Split stay Swan and AKL)
WL for end of school year celebration..June 14'
Scarlett81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
honeymoon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: