Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #31
Cmarie123
Earning My Ears

We are booked for 12/16 - 12/21 at WL. So very excited! We were there last year 12/1-12/8 and had such an amazing time we had to plan another December trip. There is no place like WDW in December!!!!!

Me DH DS(14) DD(7)
2014 - Boardwalk, 2012 - AoA LK Suite, 2011
- POR, 2008 - ASMu Suite, 2006 - AS Sport
Cmarie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:35 PM   #32
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Count me in!

We will be there 12/9 - 12/15 at AKL Villas! Christmas season at Disney World is just so magical and my absolute FAVORITE!

I can't wait to make our ADR's and everything!

lauren_elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #33
canadianmom2boys
Earning My Ears

We just booked for Dec 11-18. This will be our 2nd family vacation ever and 2nd visit to Disney. This time we have decided to stay at the Coronado Springs.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #34
coocoocoutu
Earning My Ears

We are starting to research and plan our trip from December 23 - January 6th!
I am putting together prices for staying at a home rental vs staying on site, so far the cost is $700 more to stay on site uggh hate making decisions lol! So excited to be going at xmas but also a little sad to be missing out on the usual family traditions at home! Does anyone know if there are tree rentals for the rooms??
coocoocoutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #35
KEPE
Mouseketeer

Hi all, we'll be joing too. I haven't booked yet because I'm still trying to decide on a hotel but our dates will be 12/26 - 1/1. From what I hear this is the busiest time of year to go yet, I can't find much info on it?? I plan to make my ADR's exactly on my 180 day mark, yet I'm nervous that I won't get what I want because it's THAT busy. I found airfare for a good price but I need to act on it before it goes up. Once I do that we are locked in so I've been looking for as much info as I can. You would think this board would be filled w/ info on that week but... not so much

Enjoy the planning everyone!!
KEPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:03 PM   #36
Alice-in-wonder
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEPE View Post
Hi all, we'll be joing too. I haven't booked yet because I'm still trying to decide on a hotel but our dates will be 12/26 - 1/1. From what I hear this is the busiest time of year to go yet, I can't find much info on it?? I plan to make my ADR's exactly on my 180 day mark, yet I'm nervous that I won't get what I want because it's THAT busy. I found airfare for a good price but I need to act on it before it goes up. Once I do that we are locked in so I've been looking for as much info as I can. You would think this board would be filled w/ info on that week but... not so much

Enjoy the planning everyone!!
We are going 12/26-1/1 too. I'm in the same boat as you. Hope we can find out more info about it!

Alice-in-wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:17 AM   #37
mouse2mouse
Mouseketeer

We are discussing Dec. 26th to Jan. 2nd as well. All the feed back I have gotten is it is very crowded. Like 11 out of 10. Sometimes they close the MK because of crowds. I have been told to go early. I love Disney at Christmastime. It is very magical We attempted New Years at Epcot a long time ago and we gave up and went back to the room. My kids are out of school during this time as well as my DH has several days off, so its the best time for us.
mouse2mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #38
KEPE
Mouseketeer

mouse2mouse/Alice, seems like most disers don't go that week. That should tell us something, lol. I booked the other day. We'll stay at POR. Unfortuneatly, the Air Fare has since gone up . I'm keeping my eye on that.

From what I've read (which is very little) NYE itself is out of control in the parks and they say to get there first thing in the am and to stay all day. I've also read the parks are ALL at a 10 every day. The park hours seem VERY extended which is good. My plan is to make this a little bit of a scaled back trip. No RD's, no staying until close, just one park per day for as long as we can take the crowds and then stuff at the hotel. We'll do what we can fit in and thats it. I can only imagine what making ADR's is going to be like so I'm getting my list prepared and set so I can make them and keep them since I'm sure there will be little room for changes.

I just wish more people had first hand experience to share.

Happy planning!!!
Old 02-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #39
Groomer Gal
Mouseketeer

Add me to the list!!!

We are booked 12/9-12/15 at POFQ !!!!!

AAANNNNDDD.....it's a SURPRISE trip for our twin girls!!!!

They will be 8 then and it's their first trip. We are just so thrilled for them!

(ps. Is it wrong to be planning my next trip in my head, before the first one)
Groomer Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #40
disneyforme33
Mouseketeer

Count us in. We will be going from 12/28-1/6. Staying off site beginning of the trip at Marriott timeshare and then at BLT. I can wait. This has become our annual tradition. Yes it is crowded. The parks were closed due to capacity a few days last year. Plan on getting to the parks early. Still it is a magical time of the year to be there.

disneyforme33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #41
mouse2mouse
Mouseketeer

Thinking of moving our dates from Dec. 26th to Jan. 2nd to...Dec. 29th to Jan. 6th. That way we will get some park time with lower crowd levels and things will still be decorated for Christmas.
mouse2mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #42
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groomer Gal View Post
We are booked 12/9-12/15 at POFQ !!!!!

AAANNNNDDD.....it's a SURPRISE trip for our twin girls!!!!

They will be 8 then and it's their first trip. We are just so thrilled for them!

(ps. Is it wrong to be planning my next trip in my head, before the first one)
YAAAAAAY! Your dates are the same as ours... AND ours is also a surprise trip for my son! He will be 5 years old on our trip and has no idea we're staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, much less even going!

lauren_elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #43
Groomer Gal
Mouseketeer

Sorry...double post. Duh!

Last edited by Groomer Gal; 02-20-2012 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Double post
Groomer Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #44
KEPE
Mouseketeer

Disneyforme, the parks were closed a FEW days that week? I've read about them closing on NYE and knew the crowd levels would be bad but they've closed other days too?? Was hopin to NOT get to the parks first thing in the morning. I was thinking more of arriving around noon staying until 5:00ish and then heading to dinner and done. Just doing a few hours a day in the park. From the sounds of this I don't know if my plan will work.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #45
disneyforme33
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEPE View Post
Disneyforme, the parks were closed a FEW days that week? I've read about them closing on NYE and knew the crowd levels would be bad but they've closed other days too?? Was hopin to NOT get to the parks first thing in the morning. I was thinking more of arriving around noon staying until 5:00ish and then heading to dinner and done. Just doing a few hours a day in the park. From the sounds of this I don't know if my plan will work.
Yes, we flew in 12/28/11 and that day it was reported that Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios were at capacity. I think if you were staying in a Disney Resort you could get in but we were not. The parks were closed New Years Eve and I don't believe you could get in even if you were staying in Disney once it closed. Don't quote me though. It is extremely busy with wait times on rides 2 hours plus. We went to the Magic Kingdom early and got on space mountain right away. After that the lines just got worse and worse. We were at Magic Kingdom on 1/2/12 and it was still very busy. If you are only planning on a few hours go in the morning by the afternoon it is crazy. That being said we still are going back this year!!

disneyforme33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: