Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #1381
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommary View Post
Well after reading all of your threads and seeing that there was a 25% off of the disney dooney bags.... I went to the ds.com site and ordered the Balloon Mickey Mouse Susanna tote. I have been eyeing this bag forever and decided to go for it. I also got free shipping.
Now the best thing would be if it arrives before my trip to WDW next Friday!
Thanks for all the information!

Congratulations on your order!!! I would not hope for delivery that fast though they are unbelieveably slow!!!!
Old 02-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #1382
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
I just hit submit on my shopping cart, the pink barrel, the DL crossbody, rebought my red striped (since I have to already ship stuff back in the other order, I might as well save 25%) and another credit card holder. That one better be good LOL!!
Woohoo! I can't wait to see your new bags! I already went back and placed an order for some Chamilia while it was on sale. I'm trying really hard not to order the DL crossbody too. I must resist!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommary View Post
Well after reading all of your threads and seeing that there was a 25% off of the disney dooney bags.... I went to the ds.com site and ordered the Balloon Mickey Mouse Susanna tote. I have been eyeing this bag forever and decided to go for it. I also got free shipping.
Now the best thing would be if it arrives before my trip to WDW next Friday!
Thanks for all the information!
Congrats on your purchase! The Susanna tote is a great bag. I thought it would be too big for me since I'm mostly a small bag kind of gal, but I use it all the time.

I hope you get it in time for your trip, but be warned, DS.com is super slow about processing orders.
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2012, 02:56 PM   #1383
kelby86
Mouseketeer

Soooo... I need other Dooney girls help here! If I ordered a Purple sketch crossbody because I had a $50 gift card and wanted a card holder when they came out, but NOW there is 25% off - how can I make my purchase better? if I would have ordered with the 25% off and my $50 gift card I would have only had to pay like $69 something instead of $90 something. Can I re-order and return the other? I will get a DS credit won't I because I used a partial gift card?

Any ideas?

Thank you!!

Last edited by kelby86; 02-17-2012 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Clarification
kelby86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #1384
Catira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelby86 View Post
Soooo... I need other Dooney girls help here! If I ordered a Purple sketch crossbody because I had a $50 gift card and wanted a card holder when they came out, but NOW there is 25% off - how can I make my purchase better? if I would have ordered with the 25% off and my $50 gift card I would have only had to pay like $69 something instead of $90 something. Can I re-order and return the other? I will get a DS credit won't I because I used a partial gift card?

Any ideas?

Thank you!!
Try and see if a CM will do a price adjustment on your previous order. If you decide to return the order you will have to pay for shipping back to disneystore.com
Old 02-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #1385
Serawhim
Earning My Ears

I just have to say, I ordered a pop princess satchel from the Dooney website this morning, and it's already been prepared for shipment. I wish DS.com was this fast! My last order took 11 days to get to me.
DS (1)
Serawhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #1386
WishingforDisney
Earning My Ears

How small is it?

The 25% off sale is calling me but I first need to know just how small is the little black comic barrel Dooney. If anyone has it or had seen it in person, can you tell me what I can expect to fit in it.

Thanks!
WishingforDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #1387
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishingforDisney View Post
The 25% off sale is calling me but I first need to know just how small is the little black comic barrel Dooney. If anyone has it or had seen it in person, can you tell me what I can expect to fit in it.

Thanks!
It's quite small. My iphone will not fit in the phone pocket. the body of the bag itself is pretty small, but you can carry a few things in it, but I don't think a regular wallet would fit. The credit card holder type things fit ok.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #1388
cats mom
Mouseketeer

Has a wild and vivid imagination

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishingforDisney View Post

Thanks!

I was surprised at just how small it was when I saw it in person. Honestly I would think of it as a slightly larger replacement for a wristlet than as a small handbag - if that makes sense.

I don't know how much this will help, but here's a picture I snapped the other day:

cats mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #1389
sweetandsour
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARAMEOW View Post
Hi there I am going to Orlando in March but wont make it to WDW this time Just wanted to know if anybody had gone to the Dooney in the outlet mall and if so, do they carry any Disney models? I just ordered a wristlet with the credit card holder at the disney store
There wasn't anything when I was at the Dooney outlet store in mid-October, much to my disappointment.

Celebrated Disneyland's 55th Anniversary in October 2010 and Disney World's 40th Anniversary in October 2011!
sweetandsour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #1390
WishingforDisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats mom View Post
I was surprised at just how small it was when I saw it in person. Honestly I would think of it as a slightly larger replacement for a wristlet than as a small handbag - if that makes sense.

I don't know how much this will help, but here's a picture I snapped the other day:

Thank you so much for the picture! That helps a great deal. I'm thinking it is going to be too small.
WishingforDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #1391
Catira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsour View Post
There wasn't anything when I was at the Dooney outlet store in mid-October, much to my disappointment.
When I went in late October they only 2 princess bags.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:42 PM   #1392
mickeymaker2003
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have (or ordered but hasn't arrived yet) a purple sketch crossbody. New or gently used would be fine. I went to order one and they were sold out :-( Hoping someone ordered an extra to get the credit card holder...
mickeymaker2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #1393
daizieduck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serawhim View Post
I just have to say, I ordered a pop princess satchel from the Dooney website this morning, and it's already been prepared for shipment. I wish DS.com was this fast! My last order took 11 days to get to me.
I had always had quick shipping with db.com - until last month. I placed an order and it took 7 or 8 days to ship. But then a lot of people on this thread have had and are experiencing slow shipping with ds.com and I have always had my Disney orders ship fast. i guess you just never know.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #1394
momwholovesmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizieduck View Post
I had always had quick shipping with db.com - until last month. I placed an order and it took 7 or 8 days to ship. But then a lot of people on this thread have had and are experiencing slow shipping with ds.com and I have always had my Disney orders ship fast. i guess you just never know.
That was my past experience, also. 2 days and it would ship. It started slow back in the fall when they switched warehouses and they haven't inproved it at all. At first they said they were in the process of moving the warehouse, but it must be moved completely now since that was back in Oct. but it has continued to be one of the worst shipping for companies out there.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #1395
Serawhim
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizieduck View Post
That's true! I used to get quick shipping from Disney Store, and only recently has it taken a long time. Although they are replacing the defective credit card holder I received pretty quickly. I do seem to have lucked out from the Dooney store this time, though! I ordered my bag Friday morning, and it's due to get here on Monday!
DS (1)
Serawhim is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: