Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #3076
Maleficent Dragon
DIS Veteran
 
Maleficent Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 7,679

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyredraider View Post
Can you use AP discount on them in the parks?

Yes! You can also use it through WDW Merchandising.
__________________






Maleficent Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #3077
Maleficent Dragon
DIS Veteran
 
Maleficent Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 7,679

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryplm View Post
I'm not a huge Vera fan, they're just not my style.

I agree. I am sorry VB fans, but I think all VB purses, bags, wallets, etc are just ugly! I would rather carry my stuff around in a Wal-Mart bag.
__________________






Maleficent Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #3078
cats mom
Mouseketeer

Has a wild and vivid imagination
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 5,014

Has everyone seen the new wallet?

cats mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #3079
kramerzoo
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 127

Cute wallet...I may have to pick that one up when we're there thus summer!
__________________
kramerzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:32 PM   #3080
RatherBeWithMickey
Mouseketeer
 
RatherBeWithMickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Pennsylvania
Posts: 347

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats mom View Post
Has everyone seen the new wallet?

That is so CUTE!! Wonder what the odds are of getting that kind of placement, though.
__________________
Mindy DH DS-24
RatherBeWithMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:27 PM   #3081
cats mom
Mouseketeer

Has a wild and vivid imagination
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 5,014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatherBeWithMickey View Post
That is so CUTE!! Wonder what the odds are of getting that kind of placement, though.
I'd say not so fabulous wallets out number ones with good placement by a pretty wide margin.

As with all Disney Dooneys characters are cut off in unfortunate ways on some, and because the wallets are so small I've seen few that didn't have any full characters at all.

If you're able to devote time and effort to the search there are a few nice ones out there though.
cats mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:14 AM   #3082
tryplm
Mouseketeer
 
tryplm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasijane View Post
Two weeks and I get to pick out my new wallet
I'll be looking for one on Thursday!!
__________________
~Missi

2010- Sports 2012- CBR 2013- POP2013- CBR
]
tryplm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #3083
Maleficent Dragon
DIS Veteran
 
Maleficent Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 7,679

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizieduck View Post
It's just as well because some, including me, are experiencing bleeding of the black leather trim onto the white fabric of both the comics print and the buttons print. My buttons bag is fine so far but my comic print mini barrel is bleeding.

Oh that makes me nervous. Maybe I will send mine back for a refund and get something when we are in Disney next month.
__________________






Maleficent Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #3084
zeferjen
Mother Knows Best
 
zeferjen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 1,051

I have tried to search with no luck. Has anyone done a review of the Sketch Champsac Bag? I love the way this looks online, but I haven't seen it in person. Thanks!
__________________




Me Dh Dd 6 Ds5 (he made me pick this avatar!)

My Disneyland Trip Report
zeferjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #3085
daizieduck
DIS Veteran
 
daizieduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent Dragon View Post
Oh that makes me nervous. Maybe I will send mine back for a refund and get something when we are in Disney next month.
I have barely even used mine. I used it twice maybe and only for a few hours each time. Someone posted on the FB page about the buttons and comics prints bleeding so I got mine out to look and sure enough it was/is bleeding.
__________________
- Me - DH
daizieduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #3086
Maleficent Dragon
DIS Veteran
 
Maleficent Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 7,679

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizieduck View Post
I have barely even used mine. I used it twice maybe and only for a few hours each time. Someone posted on the FB page about the buttons and comics prints bleeding so I got mine out to look and sure enough it was/is bleeding.

I got mine yesterday. I need to open it and really inspect it. I don't understand how Dooney can put their name on that!


Did you inspect it when you first got it and there was not any bleeding then?
__________________






Maleficent Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #3087
daizieduck
DIS Veteran
 
daizieduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent Dragon View Post
I got mine yesterday. I need to open it and really inspect it. I don't understand how Dooney can put their name on that!


Did you inspect it when you first got it and there was not any bleeding then?
I don't know if I checked the trim/piping that closely when I received it from ds.com last summer. The bleeding is a faint pink and you have to look very close to see it. If I had known about the issue when I ordered it, I would have checked it much more closely than I normally do and sent it back if I had noticed any bleeding.
__________________
- Me - DH
daizieduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #3088
Catira
DIS Veteran
 
Catira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent Dragon View Post
I got mine yesterday. I need to open it and really inspect it. I don't understand how Dooney can put their name on that!


Did you inspect it when you first got it and there was not any bleeding then?
I bought the buttons tote and wristlet during one of my trips to WDW. I thoroughly inspected it since I was looking for my perfect placement. A couple months laters I noticed my tote was bleeding. I was able to get it exchanged via Disney but quickly sold it. Did not want to keep it since I was afraid the replacement might have the same issues. Yesterday, I noticed my buttons wristlet is bleeding. Once again contacted disney and this time just asked to get a merchandise credit instead.
__________________

Thanks LulusMom
Catira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #3089
Maleficent Dragon
DIS Veteran
 
Maleficent Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 7,679

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catira View Post
I bought the buttons tote and wristlet during one of my trips to WDW. I thoroughly inspected it since I was looking for my perfect placement. A couple months laters I noticed my tote was bleeding. I was able to get it exchanged via Disney but quickly sold it. Did not want to keep it since I was afraid the replacement might have the same issues. Yesterday, I noticed my buttons wristlet is bleeding. Once again contacted disney and this time just asked to get a merchandise credit instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daizieduck View Post
I don't know if I checked the trim/piping that closely when I received it from ds.com last summer. The bleeding is a faint pink and you have to look very close to see it. If I had known about the issue when I ordered it, I would have checked it much more closely than I normally do and sent it back if I had noticed any bleeding.
I think I am going to go ahead and call and send it back. I love this bag, especially the extra size in it, but I don't want to have it bleed later when we are past the return policy. Also, like you said Catira, there is nothing to lead me to believe a replacement will do the same thing. A 30-day return policy isn't enough time for me to see if the purse will be okay.
__________________






Maleficent Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #3090
tweedlemom
DIS Veteran
 
tweedlemom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,012

Sad to hear of the bleeding on the comics and buttons prints. I love those patterns!
__________________
Offsite--1991Port Orleans French Quarter--1998Port Orleans French Quarter--2000All Star Movies--2006
All Star Movies--2008All Star Movies--2010All Star Movies--2012


tweedlemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: