Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #3016
stitchlet
Late-Bloomer (was 34 on my first trip to WDW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryJ View Post
Yes!! As much as I love my Dooney, I think I will like these even more. The only drawback to my Dooney is the weight of it, even when it's empty ...
I do love my Disney Dooney's but sometimes I have to go with another bag because they can be so heavy, empty or full!
Sept 2001 CSR, Sept 2004 CBR, June 2005 GF(RPC), Feb 2006 GF, Nov 2006 GF, June 2008 GF (our Disneymoon ), Jan 2009 AKL & GF, Nov 2009 GF(RPC), Feb 2011 CBR, May 2011 CBR, June 2011 CSR ... in 2013 we moved to Florida and are blessed to enjoy day trips!
stitchlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #3017
elizabethswan
Mouseketeer

does anyone own the dooney backpack? i haven't bought a new ddb in a while and ds has the backpack as well as the brown leather. i am really confused tho, because the description on the newer white sketch large shopper and large tote say that they are leather???? i even called and of course they had no idea whether the body of the newer white sketch was coated cotton as before or white leather as described in the item description. anyone here have info on this? wouldn't it be great if you could call ds and get an answer on product info?
elizabethswan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #3018
daizieduck
DIS Veteran

I am not aware of any of the bags being leather other than the brown sketch. I got a marathon satchel at WOD at WDW back in January and the CM tried to tell me it was leather. Said she saw a whole thing on tv about how they are made. I didn't bother to correct her. I just nodded politely.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #3019
elizabethswan
Mouseketeer

in case anyone is looking for the brown leather letter carriers, they are on the ds site now. were they previously available on there?
elizabethswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #3020
tryplm
Mouseketeer

Hello! I've been a long time fan, but never actually purchased a DDB. My first one came today, a sketch LC to use in the parks. I plan on buying asomething larger once we're there. I sense a new addiction coming on...

2010- Sports 2012- CBR 2013- POP2013- CBR
]
tryplm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #3021
stitchlet
Late-Bloomer (was 34 on my first trip to WDW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryplm View Post
Hello! I've been a long time fan, but never actually purchased a DDB. My first one came today, a sketch LC to use in the parks. I plan on buying asomething larger once we're there. I sense a new addiction coming on...

Enjoy! Beautiful purse ... you got some nice placements!
Sept 2001 CSR, Sept 2004 CBR, June 2005 GF(RPC), Feb 2006 GF, Nov 2006 GF, June 2008 GF (our Disneymoon ), Jan 2009 AKL & GF, Nov 2009 GF(RPC), Feb 2011 CBR, May 2011 CBR, June 2011 CSR ... in 2013 we moved to Florida and are blessed to enjoy day trips!
stitchlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #3022
tryplm
Mouseketeer

Yeah, I was really nervous about that since I ordered it from ds. I was very pleasantly surprised when I opened the box & unwrapped it. DH thought I was insane when I started talking to him about the placement.

]
Old 03-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #3023
daizieduck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, I was really nervous about that since I ordered it from ds. I was very pleasantly surprised when I opened the box & unwrapped it. DH thought I was insane when I started talking to him about the placement.
I'm lucky. My DH seems to understand about pattern placement. And about lining up all the stuffed animals to pick the one with the cutest face!
Old 03-19-2013, 08:17 PM   #3024
RatherBeWithMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizieduck View Post
I'm lucky. My DH seems to understand about pattern placement. And about lining up all the stuffed animals to pick the one with the cutest face!
Nice to know I'm not the only one who has to "try out" all the stuffed animals, lol!
Old 03-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #3025
tryplm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatherBeWithMickey

Nice to know I'm not the only one who has to "try out" all the stuffed animals, lol!
Lol. I was not aware this was abnormal behavior.

]
Old 03-19-2013, 09:16 PM   #3026
Princess Bree
Earning My Ears

When I choose a stuffed animal, I have to take the first one I touch, otherwise I feel like I'm rejecting him. Makes it hard to just pick one up to have a look. Maybe that's what i have so many! But for purses I totally agree , have to inspect them all!
Princess Bree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:41 PM   #3027
RatherBeWithMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Lol. I was not aware this was abnormal behavior.
Certainly not abnormal to me.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #3028
Disnut4925
Mouseketeer

Sometimes the parks have bags that are not online or vice versa but generally the styles available are similar. But for instance didn't see any Minnie bows bags, totes or wristlets, black or white last week at WDW but they are on ds.com. The MK jewelry store and the HS store are good because you can inspect each bag without having to ask a cm. WoD has a good selection but as a pp said, all behind the counter so not very convenient. TrendE is the same way. I've found the Yacht Club to be pretty up to date with the styles they offer but not necessarily many of the same bag so you may or may not find the placement you want. But it is worth checking the shop there, especially if its convenient.
Disnut4925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:03 AM   #3029
the_princess
DIS Veteran

I went to WDW a couple to get my first DDB. (Well, also to go on vacation)
I looked at the bags at MK jewelry and asked at CM if they had any other in stock. She told me no, they had them all out. I found one in the window, that I would like to look at, so I asked another CM if I could see it. He said no, only the decorating people could take it out. This bag was on the top, so it would be super easy to get out, but no! But they did have some in stock that he could show me????!!!! So he found 6-7 bags in the back to show me. I guess they did have some in stock!
The next day I went back in and asked a 3rd CM if I could see the one in the window... No problem, she got it out for me right away.
So I did learn not to settle with the first answer, it really depend on the CM! ;-)

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
the_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #3030
MsCoz2000
NJ Shore Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizneyDogs View Post
Some more new bags from Japan

Why, Oh Why can't these be available here?! This is my favorite print and my white one has gotten so dirty (mostly from my jeans staining the back blue) I totally want all the accessory pieces!
March '09 (POP) July '09 (POP) Sept/Oct '09 (POP & Bonnet Creek) Nov '09 (POP) Feb '10 (Offsite) Sept/Oct '10 (Bonnet Creek) Dec '10 (Yacht Club) March '11 (YC & Bonnet Creek) April '12 (Bonnet Creek) April '13 (Bonnet Creek)

MsCoz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: