Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #2941
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!
 
MotoXPrincess99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 89 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth
Posts: 5,633

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasijane View Post
So what is everyone's opinion on the new style pf crossbodys for the Tink and Princess half? I am a big LC fan so this is a hard for me to take in, but I am willing to try and give it a chance.
I didn't like it. I wanted a real LC. I have a thing about using a shoulder strap on a purse that also has handles. I just don't like the look.

I ended up buying a Retro LC this weekend. I'm now on a mission to find last years Tink LC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethswan View Post
i've been away from the boards for a while but just took a look at the new marathon tink bags. i think the new little satchel style crossbody is actually really nice because it looks like it would hold more than the flat letter carrier style. i want one! also, the photos of the new tink marathon tote are confusing to me. is this the same size as the medium sketch tote or smaller? do the handles fit over the shoulder comfortably? anyone??? i need to catch up on all this good stuff.
To me the straps are too small to wear on your shoulder. I felt like the top of the bag was in my armpit. I saw most people wearing them at the elbow or holding the straps in their hand. For that size purse I would want longer straps. It does have feet on the bottom so I thought that was nice.
__________________
MotoXPrincess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:07 PM   #2942
Anna114
Pluto Rocks!
 
Anna114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 8,199

So, a while back I was saying how I wanted the sketch weekender but not could justify the cost? Well YAY my husband gave it to me for Christmas. I think he had a ulterior motive.... now I will bring a change of clothes on the trip so we don't have to wait for our luggage. I don't care why I got it.... as long as i "got" it.
__________________
5/1988 POLY (Honeymoon) 2/1998 Offsite 5/2002 Caribbean Beach 5/2006 Wilderness Lodge 12/2007 POP 8/2009 Port Orleans Riverside 5/2010 POLY CL (Anniversary) 10/2010 SSR 1/2011 OKW 8/2011 FW Cabins & VWL 12/2011 SSR 5/2012 VWL 9/2012 VWL 8/2013 VWL 25th Ann. w/my boys 5/2014 AKV 12/2014 VWL 5/2009 DVC Owners Villas at Wilderness lodge!


Anna114 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #2943
cats mom
Mouseketeer

Has a wild and vivid imagination
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 5,031

I thought the handles on the Tink small shopper were a bit too short to be comfortable over the shoulder too. I did see several people wearing it that way though, so it must work for some folks.

I think the new cross body bag is super cute but I didn't like the way the handles looked standing up when carrying it with the longer strap and I couldn't get them to fold down flat enough for my liking. Maybe that would loosen over time though?

Personally I like zip wristlets more than flap wristlets so I was thrilled with that change and I will definitely be keeping my Tink wristlet.
cats mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #2944
mint
lovely
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: san diego
Posts: 33

Hi all New here.

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could possibly track down a Dooney in the disneyland 55 or wdw 40th anniversary print in the messenger crossbody style? I put off buying it on my 2011 vacation and it fell to the back of my mind through 2012 with a cross country move etc. and now the only one i've seen for sale is nearing $350 and i'd prefer to pay retail or get a secondhand one. I wish they had more offered in the style because it's my favorite shape for a crossbody. Thanks in advance Dooney gurus!
mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #2945
ILUVDISNEY1977
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 7

I bought a marathon satchel on ebay. I payed way retail. But it had the most perfect placement. WOD in DTD @WDW has the marathon satchel for sale $245 but disney has stripped all bags of the marathon hang tag after the races. So if you get one now it will not have the cute hang tag with mickey racing on it. I'm sure the tags will eventually show up on ebay for sale seperately. Just an FYI. I payed a whe lot but I think this bag is so cute. Peoe have said the stock photos do not do it justice. It looms way better in person. It has the same cork material as the D&B cork line. I bough a regular D&B navy cork wallet to go with it. I like this color cause unlike my other DD&B it is dark and can hide blemishes well. I can't wait till I get the pair. I'm so stoked. I want to start joining the marathon crew and possibly start actually running for these bags. What a great incentive to start running and being healthy and reward yourself with a beautiful bag.
ILUVDISNEY1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #2946
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran
 
momto3gr8boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rockville Centre, NY
Posts: 2,193

Hi everyone. I'm new to this thread, but I love my Disney Dooney! I got mine in August 2010 and really hemmed and hawed over how much I would really use it. Well it is still in my rotation of bags and I still get tons of compliments and this summer I am buying at least one or two

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Christine DWDS(18) DS(16)DS(13)Picasso








*******************************************
momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #2947
ILUVDISNEY1977
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mint View Post
Hi all New here.

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could possibly track down a Dooney in the disneyland 55 or wdw 40th anniversary print in the messenger crossbody style? I put off buying it on my 2011 vacation and it fell to the back of my mind through 2012 with a cross country move etc. and now the only one i've seen for sale is nearing $350 and i'd prefer to pay retail or get a secondhand one. I wish they had more offered in the style because it's my favorite shape for a crossbody. Thanks in advance Dooney gurus!
There is a 55th LC for 145 on ebay right now and a 55th wristlet for 145 as well a little high for the wristlet but the LC is ok.
ILUVDISNEY1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #2948
elizabethswan
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 462

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVDISNEY1977 View Post
I bought a marathon satchel on ebay. I payed way retail. But it had the most perfect placement. WOD in DTD @WDW has the marathon satchel for sale $245 but disney has stripped all bags of the marathon hang tag after the races. So if you get one now it will not have the cute hang tag with mickey racing on it. I'm sure the tags will eventually show up on ebay for sale seperately. Just an FYI. I payed a whe lot but I think this bag is so cute. Peoe have said the stock photos do not do it justice. It looms way better in person. It has the same cork material as the D&B cork line. I bough a regular D&B navy cork wallet to go with it. I like this color cause unlike my other DD&B it is dark and can hide blemishes well. I can't wait till I get the pair. I'm so stoked. I want to start joining the marathon crew and possibly start actually running for these bags. What a great incentive to start running and being healthy and reward yourself with a beautiful bag.
ok, i am pretty confused and hoping for a little help the wdw marathon satchels, are they larger than the tink crossbody with handles? how many sizes do the wdw marathon bags come in? is there a wdw satchel and crossbody, or only the satchel? thanks in advance!
elizabethswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #2949
cats mom
Mouseketeer

Has a wild and vivid imagination
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 5,031

Quote:
Originally Posted by mint View Post
Hi all New here.

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could possibly track down a Dooney in the disneyland 55 or wdw 40th anniversary print in the messenger crossbody style? I put off buying it on my 2011 vacation and it fell to the back of my mind through 2012 with a cross country move etc. and now the only one i've seen for sale is nearing $350 and i'd prefer to pay retail or get a secondhand one. I wish they had more offered in the style because it's my favorite shape for a crossbody. Thanks in advance Dooney gurus!
DL55 bags have been gone for ages, but last I heard there were still a few 40th anniversary bags floating around at WDW.

Have you ventured over to the facebook page? It's called Disney Dooney & Bourke Group. It's private, so you'll have to wait for approval, but once you're in you can watch there. They do sometimes pop up.

Other than those options I think stalking e-bay, or maybe craigslist if you're comfortable with that, will probably be your best bet.

I hope you find one!


Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethswan View Post
ok, i am pretty confused and hoping for a little help the wdw marathon satchels, are they larger than the tink crossbody with handles? how many sizes do the wdw marathon bags come in? is there a wdw satchel and crossbody, or only the satchel? thanks in advance!
WDW marathon came in: Satchel and Crossbody Letter Carrier (wide version)
Tink 1/2 came in: Small Shopper, Crossbody Satchel, Wristlet

The WDW satchel is a full size handbag, the Tink crossbody satchel is a mini me version.

I'd guess the Tink would hold more than a letter carrier, but probably not much more.
cats mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:56 AM   #2950
elizabethswan
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 462

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats mom View Post
DL55 bags have been gone for ages, but last I heard there were still a few 40th anniversary bags floating around at WDW.






WDW marathon came in: Satchel and Crossbody Letter Carrier (wide version)
Tink 1/2 came in: Small Shopper, Crossbody Satchel, Wristlet

The WDW satchel is a full size handbag, the Tink crossbody satchel is a mini me version.

I'd guess the Tink would hold more than a letter carrier, but probably not much more.
thanks for the reply! i don't mean to be dense here, but when you say the wide version of the letter carrier, do you mean like the original sketch letter carriers that were flat?
elizabethswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #2951
cats mom
Mouseketeer

Has a wild and vivid imagination
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 5,031

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethswan View Post
thanks for the reply! i don't mean to be dense here, but when you say the wide version of the letter carrier, do you mean like the original sketch letter carriers that were flat?
Nope, the marthon LC is not the flat style. It has the wider inset on the bottom like the leather and Retro (both DL and WDW) LC's.
cats mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #2952
elizabethswan
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 462

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats mom View Post
Nope, the marthon LC is not the flat style. It has the wider inset on the bottom like the leather and Retro (both DL and WDW) LC's.
ohhh! thank you , i guess this is what i get for taking a break from this thread! i am out of the loop. thanks so much for explaining that
elizabethswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:33 AM   #2953
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!
 
MotoXPrincess99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 89 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth
Posts: 5,633

Quote:
Originally Posted by mint
Hi all New here.

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could possibly track down a Dooney in the disneyland 55 or wdw 40th anniversary print in the messenger crossbody style? I put off buying it on my 2011 vacation and it fell to the back of my mind through 2012 with a cross country move etc. and now the only one i've seen for sale is nearing $350 and i'd prefer to pay retail or get a secondhand one. I wish they had more offered in the style because it's my favorite shape for a crossbody. Thanks in advance Dooney gurus!
I hope you can find one! I love mine! Plus the fabric strap is nice and wide. I have the 55th messenger.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
MotoXPrincess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:41 AM   #2954
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!
 
MotoXPrincess99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 89 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth
Posts: 5,633

After seeing the Tink Marathon bags in person I decided I just didn't like the new styles. I already found homes for the ones I pre-ordered.

I did come home with a DL Retro LC! I will post pictures when I get to work.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
MotoXPrincess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #2955
ILUVDISNEY1977
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethswan View Post
ok, i am pretty confused and hoping for a little help the wdw marathon satchels, are they larger than the tink crossbody with handles? how many sizes do the wdw marathon bags come in? is there a wdw satchel and crossbody, or only the satchel? thanks in advance!
The WDW marathon satchels are the exact same size and dimension of the disney or disneyland retro satchels. The LC is a bit wider, not as flat. Has a few more inches to fit alot more stuff than the regular LC size if that helps.

Last edited by ILUVDISNEY1977; 01-22-2013 at 10:55 AM.
ILUVDISNEY1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: