Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #2251
Tink-n-MrIncredible
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
Love the looks of the backpack - wonder if it's big enough to fit a laptop? I just purchased the largest 40th edition to use but I could always use another - especially if it lighter weight!

The WDW retro case is definitely on my must have list - hopefully they will have all of these bags available for our next trip in Ocotber Now just wish they would add a wallet to one of these patterns
I just told my DD that I wished they would make a small wallet or coin purse to fit in the (not sure of the name) crossbody or hipster (the same pattern as the backpack.

What is the name of the pattern of the backpack?
Tink-n-MrIncredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:48 PM   #2252
Minnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-n-MrIncredible View Post
I just told my DD that I wished they would make a small wallet or coin purse to fit in the (not sure of the name) crossbody or hipster (the same pattern as the backpack.

What is the name of the pattern of the backpack?
Pattern on the backpack is sketch - there is a coin purse in the tonal design - thanks for the reminder about that I'll have to get it out. There is a small wallet (not Dooney) that is with the Tech items that I use as a wallet but I really want a Dooney
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #2253
Tink-n-MrIncredible
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
Pattern on the backpack is sketch - there is a coin purse in the tonal design - thanks for the reminder about that I'll have to get it out. There is a small wallet (not Dooney) that is with the Tech items that I use as a wallet but I really want a Dooney

Thank you. Now only if they would now make a coin purse in the sketch pattern.
Tink-n-MrIncredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #2254
daizieduck
DIS Veteran

Video of the new Disney Dooneys on the Parks Blog today: http://youtu.be/VWLy4YrvBa8. You can get an idea of the size of the backpack. Looks kind of small. Also looks like there is an iPad case in the charms print. Is it me or are the new wristlets huge? And the new sketch crossbody looks larger too? What does everyone else think?

Last edited by daizieduck; 06-20-2012 at 01:48 PM.
daizieduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #2255
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizieduck View Post
Video of the new Disney Dooneys on the Parks Blog today: http://youtu.be/VWLy4YrvBa8. You can get an idea of the size of the backpack. Looks kind of small. Also looks like there is an iPad case in the charms print. Is it me or are the new wristlets huge? And the new sketch crossbody looks larger too? What does everyone else think?
The video is blocked for me here at work, but am interested to know if the new wristlets are bigger...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #2256
daizieduck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
The video is blocked for me here at work, but am interested to know if the new wristlets are bigger...
Well no one who saw the DL retro print in person has said the wristlets are larger but in the video it looks as big as the small barrel bag that it is propped up against. If the other flat wristlets are that big than I guess I just never realized.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:02 AM   #2257
momwholovesmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
The wristlet for the retro design is the same size as the pop princess were and the 55 th Ann. Ones were.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:00 AM   #2258
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizieduck View Post
It's not just you-they do look really big. But still very cute. Hope I can get one!

I also like the little phone case.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs UPCOMING TRIP: April '14-Pop Century
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:23 PM   #2259
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
It's not just you-they do look really big. But still very cute. Hope I can get one!

I also like the little phone case.
I really like the phone case too.

Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:28 PM   #2260
DCLbrideSept2009
DIS Veteran

Just left WDW after a 10-day trip. Checked just about every store that sold D&B, some more than once. i really wanted the leather cross-body but i only found the large bag (sorry, can't remember the name of the style) and the wristlet. Also wanted a comic wristlet but preferably with red pink or brown but didn't find them either (I don't like any of the other comic styles). I didn't love the buttons. Sadly I left WDW without purchasing a single Dooney this time! almost got the leather wristlet (don't think i'd get enough use out of the big bag) but decided to wait untl hopefully i can get the cross-body (my favorite style)
Coronado Springs Sept '09 "Disneymoon"
AKV Kidani March 2010/SSR and BWV July 2010
BWV and OKW June 2011/ASM Nov '11
Windsor Hills and OKW June 2012
Pop Oct '13/AKV Kidani NYE/Jan '14
DCLbrideSept2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #2261
2gr8DisneyKids
DIS Veteran

ADVICE NEEDED: Release Day Info

Ladies, since I know there are several of you that have been to the release/signing at DtD before I need some advice. I will be there for the release on July 14, but will be solo with my 2 kids (5 and 8) who will wait a bit, but only so much and the kids clubs are evening only.

So, say I want to go to shop, but not get a signed item. Do I have to wait in a mega line to get into the store to shop and then another mega line to buy?

How will the stock be the night of the event and the next day if the kids can not take the line and waiting?

Thanks!

And yes, if it all works out I can get an item or two for any fellow Canadian DISers...

POLY 1979, POLY 1990, Treehouse 1993, one-day visit 1996, DL OS 2000, CR 2007, CBR 2009, POLY (Princess 1/2) & 3-night DCL 2010, POP 2010, 7-night NYE Eastern DCL 2010, 2011 AKL/POP and BLT/BC and OKW, 2012 POFQ/Vero Beach and AKV, 2013 POP (Goofy Race and a Half) and Vero Beach/CSR, 2014 AoA (Minnie 10K)
2gr8DisneyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #2262
cats mom
Mouseketeer

Has a wild and vivid imagination

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gr8DisneyKids View Post
Ladies, since I know there are several of you that have been to the release/signing at DtD before I need some advice. I will be there for the release on July 14, but will be solo with my 2 kids (5 and 8) who will wait a bit, but only so much and the kids clubs are evening only.

So, say I want to go to shop, but not get a signed item. Do I have to wait in a mega line to get into the store to shop and then another mega line to buy?

How will the stock be the night of the event and the next day if the kids can not take the line and waiting?

Thanks!

And yes, if it all works out I can get an item or two for any fellow Canadian DISers...

I posted all about my experience. It's long and detailed so I won't repeat here, but go back a page and you'll find it.

Short answer: yes to long lines, at least in the morning. They do limit the number of people allowed in the store at a time, so there's usually not much of a line waiting to pay.

If you're not worried about getting signatures I'd just go later in the evening. I've walked in the store after the signing event was over and been the only one shopping Dooney's. You might not get CM's falling all over themselves trying to be helpful like they are when the big bosses are all there watching though.

I don't know about WDW but at DLR I don't think they've ever completely run out of anything in the first day or two. The first week, yes; but not the first day. Honestly I think your chances of finding nice placement are as good later in the day as they are at opening since they're constantly restocking.

Hope that helps.
cats mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #2263
2gr8DisneyKids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats mom View Post
I posted all about my experience. It's long and detailed so I won't repeat here, but go back a page and you'll find it.

Short answer: yes to long lines, at least in the morning. They do limit the number of people allowed in the store at a time, so there's usually not much of a line waiting to pay.

If you're not worried about getting signatures I'd just go later in the evening. I've walked in the store after the signing event was over and been the only one shopping Dooney's. You might not get CM's falling all over themselves trying to be helpful like they are when the big bosses are all there watching though.

I don't know about WDW but at DLR I don't think they've ever completely run out of anything in the first day or two. The first week, yes; but not the first day. Honestly I think your chances of finding nice placement are as good later in the day as they are at opening since they're constantly restocking.

Hope that helps.
THANKS! I will look for the full report. I have not been able to get on here as much recently as the kids are both home for the summer!

I would actually LOVE to get something signed, but know the kids will not make it through that!

POLY 1979, POLY 1990, Treehouse 1993, one-day visit 1996, DL OS 2000, CR 2007, CBR 2009, POLY (Princess 1/2) & 3-night DCL 2010, POP 2010, 7-night NYE Eastern DCL 2010, 2011 AKL/POP and BLT/BC and OKW, 2012 POFQ/Vero Beach and AKV, 2013 POP (Goofy Race and a Half) and Vero Beach/CSR, 2014 AoA (Minnie 10K)
2gr8DisneyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #2264
cats mom
Mouseketeer

Has a wild and vivid imagination

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gr8DisneyKids View Post
THANKS! I will look for the full report. I have not been able to get on here as much recently as the kids are both home for the summer!

I would actually LOVE to get something signed, but know the kids will not make it through that!

If the event at WDW is handled like the one at DLR I think you could get a signed item without too much waiting.

I walked into Vault 28 in the early afternoon and had no wait to get in, shop, or pay. They were setting up for the signing but hadn't started yet, so it was probably around 1pm or so (sorry I don't remember exact times) and with the numbered cards for the signing you should be able to time that reasonably well. No first hand experience on that though because signed D&B bags aren't a priority for me, so I didn't go back.
cats mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:59 AM   #2265
pArKsFaN
Mouseketeer

I apologize if this has already been posted....but if it hasn't, Buttons print bags are now available at DS online. The wristlet is only $49 too....
pArKsFaN is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: