Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #1486
Lulu'sMom
You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomNH View Post
So... this is what I found when I got home this afternoon.

Can you just imagine the conversation between my DH and the UPS guy!

I ordered three Chamilia Beads and four bracelets and they sent each piece in a separate box!!

On a better note, the eighth box had these two items in it....

WOW! A single piece in each box!? I could only imagine that conversation with the DH and UPS man!
But I really LIKE your CC holder and comics bag! You got the PRincess Minnie and even Pluto! Yea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
I like that you can *just* see Tink on the CC holder.
Yes, ITA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlittig View Post
Lynn, I can't believe those boxes No wonder the shipping fees are so high Nice comics bag, you got a princess Minnie Nice placement on your credit card holder
DS.com really needs to get their shipping act together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pArKsFaN View Post
Does anyone else overbuy, or have buyer's remorse after making certain purchases? If so, what do you do....sell the item on ebay, or send back if you buy from DS.com? Or just hang onto the item because you love it even though you know it's not going to work for you for whatever reason?

Does anyone ever work out trades or anything? Just curious how others handle it!
I bolded what I usually do and I always end up loving it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momwholovesmickey View Post
Hi, I don't know if this will help you, but I did the same thing with the Aulani tote. I got it thru someone who sold on ebay but did it off ebay. They lived in Honolulu. After talking with her on the phone and several emails and seeing her feedback I felt good about it and she picked me out a great purse and called from Hawaii at the store to even make sure she bought the placement I wanted. You can't have that in this situation but I wanted to encourage you that there are great people out there who will help you. Unfortunately, they charge huge prices. You are getting this purse for better than I got the Aulani Price wise that is. I paid $399, and that included shipping thru UPS which was probably around $25. So you are saving $50 from what I paid
Thanks for information, Kathy! Sure to appreciate what you wrote!
Well, I'll find out tomorrow morning if I have a marathon Colette or not.
Please send Pixie Dust my way!!!!

♥♥JungleCruiser,Sarah, remembering you always!♥♥

Lulu'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #1487
pArKsFaN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post
Well, I'll find out tomorrow morning if I have a marathon Colette or not.
Please send Pixie Dust my way!!!!
for you!
pArKsFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #1488
ShariVT
DIS Veteran

Lynn you win the shipping race. Mine come tomorrow hoping for as good a placement as you got.

ShariVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #1489
cats mom
Mouseketeer

Has a wild and vivid imagination

That stack of boxes is crazy! I can't believe they packaged each item individually like that. Love your new Dooney's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post
Thanks Sarah! Yes, we've been in contact all day today via private email and she does have good feedback on ebay so I feel better about this.

And I do not have a Collette bag. Looked online for the dimensions on ds.com and it looks like I would really like this. So, why not.
Missed out on the Tinkerbell, maybe I can get this one.

Just bumming a little over the darn pricetag, dang it!
I have a feeling there could be a whole lot of competition to get the princess bags, so maybe think of it as paying a premium not to have to deal with that nonsense (says someone who has waited in insane lines for Disney merchandise and who would have gladly paid someone to do it for me)

I can't wait to see pictures of your new bag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethswan View Post
hi everyone, i was hoping for a little help in deciding which tote to keep. i ordered the susanna large tote in the mickey balloons, as well as the white bows tote during the sale. well, i think i can only keep one and i would love to hear any opinions out there. if you could only keep one, which would it be? thanks in advance to anyone who can help out an undecided diser
I multi quoted so I could answer, then realized I honestly don't know that I have a preference for one over the other. I'd probably be in the same situation you are.

Quote:
Does anyone else overbuy, or have buyer's remorse after making certain purchases? If so, what do you do....sell the item on ebay, or send back if you buy from DS.com? Or just hang onto the item because you love it even though you know it's not going to work for you for whatever reason?

Does anyone ever work out trades or anything? Just curious how others handle it!
I definitely overbuy, never really had buyers remorse about it though. I'm more likely to regret not getting something I wanted, especially once it goes out of stock. My theory: I'd rather have it and not want it than want it and not be able to get it.

I do have some bags that still have all the tags on that I've never used, and I might end up letting them go eventually, but I just keep them stored carefully until I make up my mind.

I haven't returned anything to DS.com, but I have returned a couple of things in the park. DL is pretty strict about that though, so I don't do it often. I've also sold both on e-bay and on the Facebook page. And there's always the use them as gifts option.
cats mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #1490
Catira
DIS Veteran

Smile

Lynn.. you got awesome placement on your disney dooneys.

Tammie I have bought some disney dooneys directly with some ebay buyers and have used paypal as the payment method. Just check their feedback and make sure you are comfortable with the transaction. Sending you TEXAS size pixie dust so you get the purse you want
Old 02-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #1491
momwholovesmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I am the queen of regret. I have sold many things on ebay and done fairly well. I have also returned to ds.com. I have also kept things. I guess I have done it all I am very quick to buy and really think about it later. I am also good at selling it and regretting that I am a mess but very grateful for ebay to make up for my mistakes. I don't know if this helps at all but at least you are not alone with the over buying
Old 02-23-2012, 09:47 PM   #1492
lisamc123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
LOL! That's quite a stack of boxes. I'm laughing at the thought of their conversation

I didn't ordered any Dooneys this time, but got a single bead in a box like that today, and my other 2 (SMALL) items were shipped separately. Sure seems like a lot of wasted shipping, doesn't it?!
I was just going to say the same thing! Wasted shipping! Not only do they send things in separate boxes but they use boxes way bigger than what is necessary. For such a big company, you'd think they'd ship smarter.
lisamc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #1493
Disnut4925
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlittig View Post
It took a lot of effort because the holes are made to go over the pointed pieces I kind of just kept pulling side to side and once I got one done, it motivated me to to the others I did both of my Erica's (blue and red and white striped) at the same time I did both the top hole and the bottom hole on each side so it did add a good amount of room
Thank you SO MUCH for the information! Really really appreciate it. I love the Erica - the only thing wrong with it for me was the strap being too short, so this info is GREAT!
Disnut4925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #1494
momwholovesmickey
DIS Veteran

Tammie, Lots of pixie dust you have the collette tomorrow
Old 02-24-2012, 06:10 AM   #1495
mlittig
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disnut4925 View Post
Thank you SO MUCH for the information! Really really appreciate it. I love the Erica - the only thing wrong with it for me was the strap being too short, so this info is GREAT!
So glad I could help

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop 9/11 Pop 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/14 Old Key West 4/17/15 Old Key West
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:12 AM   #1496
mlittig
DIS Veteran

Tammie, good luck with getting the Princess Collette bag

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop 9/11 Pop 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/14 Old Key West 4/17/15 Old Key West
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:32 AM   #1497
Pereiramomma
Earning My Ears

Help I'm new lol

Ok I bought the pretty red and black dooney Mickey comic satchel I opened the box and unwrapped it and noticed a orange bright orange satin near the top of where the white ends near the zipper.I called Disney store and theybsaid none are avaianlf and I got wait and reorder! But I will get the same discounts.or she said. I keep the bag and get 40 buck gc 0r 35 bucks back ? It's not huge but I dunno help me ladies !Ty
Pereiramomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:34 AM   #1498
Pereiramomma
Earning My Ears

Stain
Pereiramomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:33 AM   #1499
daizieduck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow, I know the mini comic barrel is very small but in this photo it almost looks smaller than the wristlets. Like a long skinny pencil case!
Old 02-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #1500
Lulu'sMom
You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pereiramomma View Post
Ok I bought the pretty red and black dooney Mickey comic satchel I opened the box and unwrapped it and noticed a orange bright orange satin near the top of where the white ends near the zipper.I called Disney store and theybsaid none are avaianlf and I got wait and reorder! But I will get the same discounts.or she said. I keep the bag and get 40 buck gc 0r 35 bucks back ? It's not huge but I dunno help me ladies !Ty

That's awful!

grumpycd can share alot on this matter. They need to take care of this.

Remember.....Squeeky wheel gets the grease. And you got to reallly be LOUD SQUEEKY with DS.com.

♥♥JungleCruiser,Sarah, remembering you always!♥♥

Lulu'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: