Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2011, 08:20 PM   #46
tric8783
DIS Veteran

wow I have missed so much!!
I love the leaves instead of rose petals, especially for fall! They will also give an added pop of fall color!

The dresses are super pretty too, and I love the cartoon mock up!! I wish other sites had that! (My BM's dresses are Bari Jay and still need something for the guys). foiled!

Your site visit and trip sounds so fun with your girlfriends! I have Maxine as my planner and she's amazing so far! We met with her during our PS in October and she was really nice, down to earth, and a real go-getter ()
I have heard from a lot of brides on here that she is great! She is very quick to reply to anything I ask her (sometimes even at 10-11pm on her days off). I really enjoy working with her so far!!

The Save the dates look great! I really like the return address wraps also with the mickey, is that what they are or am I seeing that wrong? Fun!!

The dress you wore for your site visit is fab also, it looks great on you!!

I hope your bridesmaid is able to do both- how annoying We changed our date 3 times and our final date ended up being the day before one of my BM's PHD graduations Needless to say she's now an honorary BM instead, attending everything without official BM title and hoping she'll be able to make it for the actual wedding!

We are doing a sweetheart table at the reception for just the two of us. I figure we'll have a few minutes alone, and we've also been in a lot of weddings that have done it both ways. The head table gets tricky when your bridal party has dates, because you're splitting them up and puting their date by themselves potentially with people they dont know. We thought it will keep the peace and make our bridal party happier to be with their spouses, significant others etc, so we're seating them all together at another table. GL!
Old 11-27-2011, 11:19 PM   #47
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Thanks! If we were to do a head table with our wedding party, it would include their dates as well...so it's not an issue with including dates, but rather an issue with whether we want all of them sitting with us or not.

Especially with Thomas' best man being his uncle (significantly older than most of the wedding party) and one of his groomsman being his nephew (significantly younger than most of the wedding party). Will his uncle really want to hang with a bunch of youngins? Will all of the young adults really want to 'babysit' his nephew? Just some stuff we have thought about...but plenty of time to figure that stuff out.

I forgot one other thing that I saw and am thinking about doing. I know most people do either a sand ceremony or unity candle. I learned about something new called a unity cross - the couple puts it together during the ceremony. I absolutely LOVE the idea...have any of you heard of it before?

Here's a video profiling the idea -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzTUasybrSQ

Last edited by LyndsayJ; 09-20-2012 at 03:14 PM.
LyndsayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2011, 07:53 AM   #48
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndsayJ View Post
I forgot one other thing that I saw and am thinking about doing. I know most people do either a sand ceremony or unity candle. I learned about something new called a unity cross - the couple puts it together during the ceremony. I absolutely LOVE the idea...have any of you heard of it before?

I have seen that! I think it's really special and unique. Definitely a great alternative to a sand ceremony or unity candle.. and then you can display it in your house!
Old 11-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #49
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

Quote:

That is soooo interesting. That would be really cool to be able to display it in your home wherever you go!

I saw something else that was different and loved it, I think it was a time-turner.

EVERYTHING else looks amazing, I love the Save-the-dates!
Old 11-30-2011, 04:43 PM   #50
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

We were assigned our planner today!! Chrissy - her assistant is Alex. Anyone worked with them before??

Last edited by LyndsayJ; 09-20-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:43 PM   #51
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Our save the date design is done!!

I absolutely love how it turned out and can't wait to get them ordered!

Here is the designer's website if you'd like to check out her designs - http://paperperfectiononline.blogspot.com/

Old 12-06-2011, 10:04 PM   #52
mebbradley

Lydnsay! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE those Save-the-dates!
Old 12-06-2011, 10:18 PM   #53
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Thanks!!

Now the question is...magnets, or postcards?

Old 12-06-2011, 10:35 PM   #54
mebbradley

Quote:
Thanks!!

Now the question is...magnets, or postcards?
I say magnets. The reason being....If it's a postcard, it will be have to have a magnet to hold it up on the fridge which covers up part of your pretty design and info!
Old 12-06-2011, 10:44 PM   #55
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

Love the save-the-dates! So pretty!!!!
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL • December 2004 - DLR: Offsite • December 2005 - DLR: Offsite • August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas • May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs • September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo • May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter • August 2010 - WDW: POP Century • November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event • March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip • May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL • November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding • May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach • September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach • October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event • February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation • UPCOMING: May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:44 PM   #56
iixheartxyouxox
Mouseketeer

wow, i love those save the dates!!! i think magnets are great because people will be constantly reminded of your date rather than just throwing a postcard in a draw somewhere..

WDW: April 2002. Jan 2009. Aug 2009. Aug 2010. Jan 2011. May 2012 TR May 2013. Feb 2014!
Magical Day Weddings Mentor for Ceremonies at the Wedding Pavilion!
Planning a May 2015 Disney Fairytale Wedding <3
iixheartxyouxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:33 AM   #57
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Those are fantastic!!! I love them!

I vote magnets too!
Old 12-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #58
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

I love your save the dates. they are super cute. I am different than everyone here because I think I may be the only one that does not want to do a save the date with our picture on it and I also don't like magnets.

So with that said I say postcards but I can see why everyone else thinks magnets are the way to go.

I am probably going to include a small picture of us from our engagement shots with the save the date and I might include a magnet...I don't know what I am going to do but I think I would like the postcard better.

just my opinion

Teresa

PS: I like the colors on yours

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
Turkey Day'13 VWL Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #59
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

Lyndsay,

I just read your whole PJ. Everything looks great so far.

Your wedding is a week after my VR, so maybe we will run into each other next November. We are using UK Lochside for our DP too. I think it is one of the best sites.

Have you planned out your PS yet?

Can't wait to read more.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:58 PM   #60
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Thank you all! I am very pleased with how they turned out!! Dolly with Paper Perfection was really awesome to work with. She is actually traveling abroad right now and was still VERY prompt with her responses. I'm sure we'll be going through her for our invites as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin View Post
I love your save the dates. they are super cute. I am different than everyone here because I think I may be the only one that does not want to do a save the date with our picture on it and I also don't like magnets.

So with that said I say postcards but I can see why everyone else thinks magnets are the way to go.

I am probably going to include a small picture of us from our engagement shots with the save the date and I might include a magnet...I don't know what I am going to do but I think I would like the postcard better.

just my opinion

Teresa

PS: I like the colors on yours
Thanks! When do you take your engagements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethieTink View Post
Lyndsay,

I just read your whole PJ. Everything looks great so far.

Your wedding is a week after my VR, so maybe we will run into each other next November. We are using UK Lochside for our DP too. I think it is one of the best sites.

Have you planned out your PS yet?

Can't wait to read more.
I'm not entirely sure how to go about planning it out. My step-mom has kinda been the liaison the whole time...since she's in charge of the budget, she's been speaking with Disney and then relaying the messages back to me to make sure everything is okay. Some might think that's giving her too much control, but I trust her judgement and know if there is any detail she isn't sure of my opinion on, she will always ask.

I do know that we'll be having two planning sessions - the first one we have tentatively scheduled for either February 16th or 17th and we plan to do the other one in June. We're doing two that way my fiance can be involved in it as well. He's deployed until May. So we plan on getting the floral, decorative, etc. stuff done in February and leave the food stuff for June (guys like food)

Last edited by LyndsayJ; 09-20-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Tags
atlantic dance hall, planning journal, wedding, wishes

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: