Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2011, 11:18 AM   #16
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Love your e-pics and ring!!! Can't wait to read more!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
Your e-pics are gorgeous! Who is your photographer?

We're also having a 10am brunch wedding, and having some of the same food! :D
Thank you! Our photographer is Randy Chapman.

Last edited by LyndsayJ; 09-20-2012 at 02:50 PM.
LyndsayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:05 PM   #17
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Save the Date Ideas

I really like this...but in my wedding colors...

Credit: Ever After Printables by EverAfterPrintables on Etsy

...and how ironic...the example is made with our wedding date!

Last edited by LyndsayJ; 09-20-2012 at 02:52 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2011, 07:34 PM   #18
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

I loved it when I saw it on Wendy's Facebook! And, it's destiny if it has your date!!
Old 10-31-2011, 07:50 PM   #19
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
I loved it when I saw it on Wendy's Facebook! And, it's destiny if it has your date!!
Oh is that someone from here's save the date?!
It's just the photo that was on Etsy.

Last edited by LyndsayJ; 09-20-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:23 PM   #20
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

I guess I'm a little confused about how these planning journals work...I've been lurking in many other planning journals and seeing how so many details come together...despite their weddings being over a year away...but I thought we couldn't officially plan a lot of the details until 6 months out, right? Where do you guys find all your details??

I just think my planning journal so far is pretty boring...help!!

Last edited by LyndsayJ; 09-20-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:05 PM   #21
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndsayJ View Post
Oh is that someone from here's save the date?!
It's just the photo that was on Etsy.
Wendy is the etsy creator! She's also a disney bride with a PJ on here! =]
Old 11-13-2011, 09:27 PM   #22
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebbradley View Post
Wendy is the etsy creator! She's also a disney bride with a PJ on here! =]
I showed it to my step-mom...I guess she had decided against doing paper save the dates...we're just going to do virtual ones. Kinda disappointed but it cuts down on budget which can be used for something else in the budget!

Last edited by LyndsayJ; 09-20-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #23
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Planning for our site visit!

I've kinda been MIA from my planning journal. I really haven't been planning much...the main thing we have been trying to get together is addresses for everyone we are inviting. I'm actually still waiting on address for two people that my fiance's family added to his list (late)...I've been waiting for quite a while. Quite frankly, if you add people to the list, I'd hope you had an address for them already so as not to prolong things...but whatev.

This weekend will be an exciting one though...with MANY pictures to be taken. I travel down to Disney with my parents and best friend (maid of honor and stand-in groom [fiance is deployed]) for our site visit. I took the day off on Friday so I can drive down to Orlando and pick up Shannon (another bridesmaid) who is coming down for the weekend and then my best friend flies into Jacksonville Friday night. Saturday we'll all be going Bridemaid dress shopping...then Sunday we head back down to Orlando for the planning session on Monday.

Pics will come soon after!

Last edited by LyndsayJ; 09-20-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #24
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

We got our LOA!!

Guess what we got today?! Our letter of agreement!!! I haven't read it yet as my step-mom just sent it to me...but I was so excited that I had to update!!!

Off to start reading!!

Last edited by LyndsayJ; 09-20-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:36 PM   #25
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

ooo hooray that is so exciting I cant wait until I get mine but I have to wait for our site visit first which should be lots and lots of fun.

As for details I just sort of post my thoughts and my thought process, I also put up what I am brainstorming.

Teresa

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
Turkey Day'13 VWL Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:39 PM   #26
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin View Post
ooo hooray that is so exciting I cant wait until I get mine but I have to wait for our site visit first which should be lots and lots of fun.

As for details I just sort of post my thoughts and my thought process, I also put up what I am brainstorming.

Teresa
We go for our site visit this weekend...so that'll be a HUGE update. I'm so excited!!

Last edited by LyndsayJ; 09-20-2012 at 02:54 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-14-2011, 07:53 PM   #27
Icecoldpenguin

Ok just read your PJ

1. how did you do the Avatar wedding people?

2. I like the broach bouquet idea

3. we are doing almost the same thing, well 10 am ceremony and then brunch at the atlantic dance hall...well that is if I dont change things. Only I am currently sea breeze point.

Hooray we can plan together!

Oh randy will be doing my e-pics this december too!

so many similarities

Teresa

TRIPS:
Turkey Day'13 VWL Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Old 11-14-2011, 08:11 PM   #28
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin View Post
Ok just read your PJ

1. how did you do the Avatar wedding people?

I did the avatars on David's Bridal's website. They have a tool on there they call 'dress your wedding' - http://www.davidsbridal.com/browse/dress-your-wedding
Two of my bridesmaids are coming to visit this weekend so they'll be trying on the dresses in the pics (among others if we find more we like).

2. I like the broach bouquet idea

Thanks! I'm still not completely set on it - I'm going to look at the floral options Disney offers to compare. I know doing the brooch bouquets could cut down on costs and its unique...but I like flowers too! I really like the idea of having feathers as part of the brooch bouquets to add a little softness. Another benefit of the brooch bouquets - they can be part of the bridesmaid gifts!

3. we are doing almost the same thing, well 10 am ceremony and then brunch at the Atlantic dance hall...well that is if I dont change things. Only I am currently sea breeze point.

I forgot to mention the time of the ceremony when we asked our wedding party to be apart of our big day...oops! Some were a little shocked at how early it was until I told them how the price is different from weddings done later...so they get it.

I really love Atlantic Dance Hall...I think it will make and AWESOME reception space.

Hooray we can plan together!

I love this site and seeing everyone's plans. I feel a little out of the loop because my step-mom is the main planner. Yes, it is my day, but she's the one paying for it so she's the one mostly in contact with our planner. She always runs decisions by us though before making anything official.

Oh randy will be doing my e-pics this december too!

Randy did a great job! He's doing the photography for our wedding as well. Where are you having your engagements done?

so many similarities

Teresa

Last edited by LyndsayJ; 09-20-2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Orange was a bad color to choose! LoL
Old 11-14-2011, 08:30 PM   #29
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

Quote:
I showed it to my step-mom...I guess she had decided against doing paper save the dates...we're just going to do virtual ones. Kinda disappointed but it cuts down on budget which can be used for something else in the budget!
Awww! I got talked into doing magnets but Chris's mom is paying for those!

Quote:
I've kinda been MIA from my planning journal. I really haven't been planning much...the main thing we have been trying to get together is addresses for everyone we are inviting. I'm actually still waiting on address for two people that my fiance's family added to his list (late)...I've been waiting for quite a while. Quite frankly, if you add people to the list, I'd hope you had an address for them already so as not to prolong things...but whatev.

This weekend will be an exciting one though...with MANY pictures to be taken. I travel down to Disney with my parents and best friend (maid of honor and stand-in groom [fiance is deployed]) for our site visit. I took the day off on Friday so I can drive down to Orlando and pick up Shannon (another bridesmaid) who is coming down for the weekend and then my best friend flies into Jacksonville Friday night. Saturday we'll all be going Bridemaid dress shopping...then Sunday we head back down to Orlando for the planning session on Monday.

Pics will come soon after!
Yay! Can't wait for pictures!

Quote:
Guess what we got today?! Our letter of agreement!!! I haven't read it yet as my step-mom just sent it to me...but I was so excited that I had to update!!!

Off to start reading!!
Awesome!!! the smiliy made me laugh!
Old 11-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #30
Icecoldpenguin

engagement pictures are being done at the wilderness lodge and the beach club. he and i are both artsy people so we are thinking of props and since it is near christmas one I have thought of is christmas lights, maybe ornaments....or the ornament series we are starting, giant lollipops or candy canes, something star wars...have to do something star wars maybe a duffy bear dressed in star wars clothes from build a bear...i thought of another one...maybe I can find an antique book of fairytales and use that too

TRIPS:

Tags
atlantic dance hall, planning journal, wedding, wishes

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: