Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #76
Britster18
Mouseketeer

I hoping and praying we dock at CC, our room in the front of the boat isn't rockin' and rollin' in jan, and it isn't FREEZING!
Britster18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #77
Britster18
Mouseketeer

ok, another question... Is it possible to change your room number once you have been given a quote? I have until the 18th to make my deposit (which I will) but we have kiddos that are prone to motion sickness and the back of the boat seems to be a better option?

We are in 8010.

TAS- who do you book all your cruises through?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #78
Viva Pataca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster18 View Post
ok, another question... Is it possible to change your room number once you have been given a quote? I have until the 18th to make my deposit (which I will) but we have kiddos that are prone to motion sickness and the back of the boat seems to be a better option?

We are in 8010.

You can change your room number even after you have made the deposit. As long as it is available and in the same category, price stays unchanged.

I have a dummy reservation (i.e., reservation booked onboard previously) directly with DCL, but will later transfer to my TA once I am very sure we are going to this sailing in order to get additional OBC.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #79
taswira
"Let It Go" - but carefully guard your secrets!

Quote:

We are in 8010.

You can definitely change your room number as long as another in that category is available or of course to upgrade. The ease with which this is accomplished depends on your TA.

I have never used a TA to book DCL. I used to be a TA myself (only for Disney parks and cruises, Africa and adventure travel) and a "Disney Cruise College" agent education program was my first cruise ever. That got me hooked. I still book myself because I am a control freak.

Many people book directly with DCL but then transfer to a TA for incentives such as onboard credit. However, not all TA's will give you the full (advertised) OBC if they were not the agency on the original reservation.
DCL #20: 11/8/2014 DISNEY FANTASY
DCL #21: 2/28/2015 DISNEY FANTASY (Tentative)
DCL #22: 12/5/2015 DISNEY FANTASY
taswira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:11 PM   #80
Britster18
Mouseketeer

We have a 250.00 on board credit..I'm guessing that is good?
Old 01-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #81
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:

We are in 8010.

To feel less motion many say the middle of the ship is the best place. I have severe motion sickness and there's only been 1 time on the ship I was close to being sick, it wouldn't have mattered where I was on the ship since I felt the movement no matter where we were. We've been on the upper decks, lower deck, front, mid and aft and have been fine. But it you are all concerned I would go for a cabin that is more midship.

I do use a TA for my cruises since she gives me a nice OBC for booking with her and answers all my questions no matter the time of day. Not all TA's are allowed to be mentioned on DIS due to filters put in place by the owners of the boards, but Dreams Unlimited is the sponser of the cruise boards.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #82
jilljill
Collects Disney men!

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva Pataca View Post
You can change your room number even after you have made the deposit. As long as it is available and in the same category, price stays unchanged.

I have a dummy reservation (i.e., reservation booked onboard previously) directly with DCL, but will later transfer to my TA once I am very sure we are going to this sailing in order to get additional OBC.
I'm curious why you didn't add your TA to your onboard booking when you made the reservation and also why you haven't moved your reservation to them yet?
I always name my TA when I make my onboard booking and then let her know when I get back home so she can be on the lookout for the paperwork from DCL.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #83
taswira
"Let It Go" - but carefully guard your secrets!

I agree with jilljill. Mid-ship is reputed to be the location of least movement, so is a good place for those with a tendency to seasickness.

I've been mid-ship twice and aft on all my others. I preferred aft, but that's just me. My 3 upcoming cruises will be quite a switch because I'll be Deck 12 forward on all of them. I am not thrilled about being forward and so high, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
DCL #20: 11/8/2014 DISNEY FANTASY
DCL #21: 2/28/2015 DISNEY FANTASY (Tentative)
DCL #22: 12/5/2015 DISNEY FANTASY
taswira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #84
Britster18
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taswira View Post
I agree with jilljill. Mid-ship is reputed to be the location of least movement, so is a good place for those with a tendency to seasickness.

I've been mid-ship twice and aft on all my others. I preferred aft, but that's just me. My 3 upcoming cruises will be quite a switch because I'll be Deck 12 forward on all of them. I am not thrilled about being forward and so high, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
That's what I am worried about. Being so forward on Deck 8 in january. If the waves/wind are to tuff for CC... I don't even want to know about the boat rockin'! I am bringing sea sick bands for the kids though. I, peronally, LOVE the rocking. I grew up on boats/sail boats and it always puts me to sleep!
I've asked my TA if there are any aft rooms but haven't herd yet. I still have a 4D on deck 6 as my other option.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #85
jilljill
Collects Disney men!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taswira View Post

We've been on deck 10 forward on a Baltics cruise and we were fine, but then we had smooth sailing the whole time. I also prefer aft, so being up on 12 forward has me concerned too.

Quote:
That's what I am worried about. Being so forward on Deck 8 in january. If the waves/wind are to tuff for CC... I don't even want to know about the boat rockin'! I am bringing sea sick bands for the kids though. I, peronally, LOVE the rocking. I grew up on boats/sail boats and it always puts me to sleep!
I've asked my TA if there are any aft rooms but haven't herd yet. I still have a 4D on deck 6 as my other option.
We've been on a cruise that almost didn't make it to CC and the ship was not feeling much movement. Not being able to dock at CC doesn't always corrolate to a rough sailing.

You can always check on DCL's website to see what cabins are still available and just tell your TA what cabin you want. That's what I always do, my TA is there to do the booking I do all the legwork.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #86
Viva Pataca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
I'm curious why you didn't add your TA to your onboard booking when you made the reservation and also why you haven't moved your reservation to them yet?
I always name my TA when I make my onboard booking and then let her know when I get back home so she can be on the lookout for the paperwork from DCL.
I like to maintain the direct control over my booking (i.e., making changes, switching from one sailing to another to another, adding/removing people, etc) directly through DCL instead of going through a TA, when I am still uncertain on the date/ship that I will be going. But once I am sure the date I will be going, I will move to my TA, which I have a choices between 2 that I have had worked with that both has pros and cons. My choices on the TA depends on other factors.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #87
Britster18
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
We've been on deck 10 forward on a Baltics cruise and we were fine, but then we had smooth sailing the whole time. I also prefer aft, so being up on 12 forward has me concerned too.

We've been on a cruise that almost didn't make it to CC and the ship was not feeling much movement. Not being able to dock at CC doesn't always corrolate to a rough sailing.

You can always check on DCL's website to see what cabins are still available and just tell your TA what cabin you want. That's what I always do, my TA is there to do the booking I do all the legwork.
How do you see the cabin available.... NEVER MIND!!! Got it! but I guess Ocean View is sold out b/c it doesn't give me the option to click on it.

Last edited by Britster18; 01-16-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #88
Viva Pataca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
How do you see the cabin available....
Do a mock reservation directly online at disneycruise.com. Once you have selected the cabin category, go to make changes and it will show you a list of available cabin. Those are definitely still available. Sometimes there are more available than what's listed. Enter a specific cabin # and see if it allows you to choose it.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:28 PM   #89
jilljill
Collects Disney men!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva Pataca View Post
I like to maintain the direct control over my booking (i.e., making changes, switching from one sailing to another to another, adding/removing people, etc) directly through DCL instead of going through a TA, when I am still uncertain on the date/ship that I will be going. But once I am sure the date I will be going, I will move to my TA, which I have a choices between 2 that I have had worked with that both has pros and cons. My choices on the TA depends on other factors.
Makes sense then. I was just curious.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:30 PM   #90
Britster18
Mouseketeer

Still looks sold out. Can't even click on it

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: