Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #136
JJ Max n Mickey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster18 View Post
This is kind of what I was thinking. Since the kids haven't been on a cruise EVER, we want to enjoy the ship and whatever we find in port wise. That being said, I want to be able to have the kids enjoy the club (which you have to reserve/register?) and I would LOVE for DH and I to have one night out to dinner, alone at Palo or Remy, for an anniversary date.
Other then that, I don't know what else I should be looking for?

By the way, on both of our DCL cruises, we sent the kids to their clubs for dinner at least one night and we had dinner for two, but we stayed in the dining room. We found the food in all 3 Disney Magic dining rooms excellent so it didn't matter which night's rotation it was, and our waiter already knew us. (I'm assuming that you rotate restaurants on the Dream every night just like on the Magic). That being said, I've heard Palo is excellent but we opted to save our money. You can also order an anniversary cake.
Disney Magic ~ January 2010
JJ Max n Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #137
Britster18
Mouseketeer

So basically.... do everything they tell ya do to BEFOREHAND and you won't have a problem. To bad it's a year out! I wanna sign up now! I'm so excited I can't stand it! I've already got pins going over on Pinterest!

I also can't wait for the Travel Channel/ TV shows that show the new ship!!!!

Britster18 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #138
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

I recommend Palo brunch over Palo dinner. We like the main dining rooms over Palo for dinner. I'm really hoping we can get to Palo brunch on our cruise in 12 days, last 4 day cruise it was canceled since they added a 2nd CC day at the last minute due to the Aquaduck breaking down.

Oh yeah.....it also took us 11 DCL cruises before we had dinner in Palo. But it only took us 8 cruises for brunch. You can't do everything your first time, gotta save stuff to do on future cruises.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #139
jilljill
Collects Disney men!

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
So basically.... do everything they tell ya do to BEFOREHAND and you won't have a problem. To bad it's a year out! I wanna sign up now! I'm so excited I can't stand it! I've already got pins going over on Pinterest!

I also can't wait for the Travel Channel/ TV shows that show the new ship!!!!
....and listen to your fellow DISboarders.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #140
Britster18
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
....and listen to your fellow DISboarders.
Got it!

I literally just paid the deposit about 30 minutes ago through Dreams Unlimited. My TA was nice enough to call DCL and have our hold extended until the 23rd while we waited for money to shift but it all worked out today!

Our original plan was to go to Hawaii for Christmas with DH for work BUT we figured this was on everyone's bucket list, we wanted to do it while the kids (especially our 3 year old) was OBSESSED with anything Mickey, and you get WAY more bang for your buck with Disney then a hotel room in Hawaii for 10 days. DH will miss Christmas with us b/c he still has to go but this makes up for it and I TOTALLY plan on making a dummy reservation while on board

Old 01-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #141
Britster18
Mouseketeer

Ok, we DON'T need Passports for this cruise right? It's not required?

(we are getting them anyway but don't have them yet)

Old 01-18-2012, 07:34 PM   #142
jilljill
Collects Disney men!

Quote:
Got it!

I literally just paid the deposit about 30 minutes ago through Dreams Unlimited. My TA was nice enough to call DCL and have our hold extended until the 23rd while we waited for money to shift but it all worked out today!

Our original plan was to go to Hawaii for Christmas with DH for work BUT we figured this was on everyone's bucket list, we wanted to do it while the kids (especially our 3 year old) was OBSESSED with anything Mickey, and you get WAY more bang for your buck with Disney then a hotel room in Hawaii for 10 days. DH will miss Christmas with us b/c he still has to go but this makes up for it and I TOTALLY plan on making a dummy reservation while on board
See, you are already listening to us....you're going to do an onboard rebooking.
My 17yo is still totally obsessed with Disney.....ok, confession.....we are all obsessed with Disney. Just hope your kids don't out grow their love for Disney, but I think some kids do that because of their parents.
You know you are obsessed with Disney when you buy a vacation house based on its location and if you can see the fireworks AND hear the train whistle while standing at the front door. Yup, that's why we picked the house we did down there.

Quote:
Ok, we DON'T need Passports for this cruise right? It's not required?

(we are getting them anyway but don't have them yet)
As of now they are not a requirement, but that's not to say the rules won't change between now and then.
If you plan on getting them just space them out so you aren't putting out all the money at once. Or if you do get them all at once, you can wait until late Sept. or Oct. to order them. You could even wait until Nov. if you wanted.
You and DH's will be good for 10 years and the kids will be good for 5 years.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #143
Britster18
Mouseketeer

Quote:
See, you are already listening to us....you're going to do an onboard rebooking.
My 17yo is still totally obsessed with Disney.....ok, confession.....we are all obsessed with Disney. Just hope your kids don't out grow their love for Disney, but I think some kids do that because of their parents.
You know you are obsessed with Disney when you buy a vacation house based on its location and if you can see the fireworks AND hear the train whistle while standing at the front door. Yup, that's why we picked the house we did down there.

As of now they are not a requirement, but that's not to say the rules won't change between now and then.
If you plan on getting them just space them out so you aren't putting out all the money at once. Or if you do get them all at once, you can wait until late Sept. or Oct. to order them. You could even wait until Nov. if you wanted.
You and DH's will be good for 10 years and the kids will be good for 5 years.
I was going to apply for them as soon as we got our tax refund... to get the expense out of the way so we can start putting money aside for the fun stuff!

I have been talking to my DU TA about applying at DU. I think I might give it a shot. I wouldn't be in it for the money (which I know isn't much and takes a while to get) but to give this mommy brain something to do!!!

Old 01-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #144
jilljill
Collects Disney men!

Quote:
I was going to apply for them as soon as we got our tax refund... to get the expense out of the way so we can start putting money aside for the fun stuff!

I have been talking to my DU TA about applying at DU. I think I might give it a shot. I wouldn't be in it for the money (which I know isn't much and takes a while to get) but to give this mommy brain something to do!!!
In order to maximize the time the passport is valid you are better off waiting a few months to apply for them. They are valid as soon as they are processed, so they expire 5/10 years from that date. So if they are just going to sit around for 6 or 7 months, you might as well keep the money in the bank and get a few pennies intererst so they expire at a later date.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #145
Britster18
Mouseketeer

I knew that was where you were going with that.... good thinkin'

Old 01-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #146
JJ Max n Mickey
Earning My Ears

Quote:

We made the mistake of not booking while on-board the 2nd time. Our first DCL cruise was so fantastic that we booked our 2nd while on-board. There was a huge problem with one of our 2 staterooms on our 2nd cruise and we were so furious that we didn't book while on-board for any future cruise. Now, as we have only done 2 DCL cruises and didn't book on-board, we get no discounts or incentives...back to square one. Moral of the story...book while on-board! There's no penalty to cancel.
Disney Magic ~ January 2010
JJ Max n Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #147
jilljill
Collects Disney men!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Max n Mickey View Post
We made the mistake of not booking while on-board the 2nd time. Our first DCL cruise was so fantastic that we booked our 2nd while on-board. There was a huge problem with one of our 2 staterooms on our 2nd cruise and we were so furious that we didn't book while on-board for any future cruise. Now, as we have only done 2 DCL cruises and didn't book on-board, we get no discounts or incentives...back to square one. Moral of the story...book while on-board! There's no penalty to cancel.
You learned an expensive lesson. The OBC is so worth rebooking onbard.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:31 PM   #148
jilljill
Collects Disney men!

Quote:
I knew that was where you were going with that.... good thinkin'
I was doing our online check in for one cruise and in the process found out DH's passport was expired. DCL keeps your info on file and when you do the online check in the saved info is already filled in. We still had plenty of time to get his renewal application sent in, processed and received back.

The 3 of us all have different expiration years.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #149
Britster18
Mouseketeer

How long does it take to get all your cruise paperwork in the mail? (I know we have a way to go though)

Old 01-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #150
jilljill
Collects Disney men!

Quote:
How long does it take to get all your cruise paperwork in the mail? (I know we have a way to go though)
It usually arrives about 15-35 days before sailing. It usually depends if DCL mails it directly to you or if they mail it to your TA and then your TA mails it out to you. Port check in and your mailed documents are much smoother and less paperwork when you fill in your online info at least 45 days prior to sailing.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: