Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2012, 06:10 PM   #1126
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWren1234 View Post
You really can find anything on You Tube! Someone who took the Viva Italia trip before us took video of the bus ride up to the Tuscan Hilltop Prison.

Jason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko3etpXPKCw
Anyone else thinking about those videos Bob took of the Theme Parks from Kaht Kam? http://youtu.be/ON9WiXCoGE0 (just substitute close calls with people, trolleys, light poles etc. for driving on the edge of a cliff.)

Last edited by jcb; 08-19-2012 at 06:25 PM.
jcb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #1127
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You really can find anything on You Tube! Someone who took the Viva Italia trip before us took video of the bus ride up to the Tuscan Hilltop Prison.

Jason

Thanks for sharing, Jason! Although scary at times, the trip up and down that hill will never be forgotten.

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2012, 07:01 PM   #1128
LionKingRules84
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Jason

I think it's funny that everything gets out of his way as they ascend the hill and they have to basically go on the grass or in a bush to avoid the bus due to the narrow road. Apparently SUVs/minivans are more popular in Europe than I originally thought.

Great find thanks for sharing!

CR 1986
CBR October 1991
CBR October 1994
CSR September 2007 13 years is much too long trip report!
DIS Unplugged Exclusive Knights and Lights ABD October 2012
Swan August 2013 & DIS Cruise 1.0 on RCCL Oasis
LionKingRules84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #1129
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Great video Jason!

And this ends our Florence layouts. It's bittersweet progress.

Here we have some sightseeing! Photo of the Arno in the upper right is Heathers's photo. I love seeing the river like that!

Some famous folks:

And I needed another big photo page to round out the Florence section, and I had already used all mine! Heather to the rescue!!!! I love everything about this photo. It really says Florence to me! Thanks again Heather!

Old 08-20-2012, 08:20 PM   #1130
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Jason

Jason

That is so cool. I loved the video of a room at Artimino. My ories are of the vehicles that didn't want to get out of Franco's way, the ones that took a little persuasion. That was always fun
Smokey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #1131
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

Lauren,

I love your Florence pages. They are fantastic. Shout out to Heather too for her contributions! We watched a program Saturday night entitled Athens Secrets of Florence. I got the impression that it was one in a series. Pretty interesting. It intensified my desire to go back.

I miss everybody. We're having to go for gelato fairly often to take the edge off. It's not the same.

Cathie
Old 08-21-2012, 01:24 AM   #1132
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

Quote:

Jason
I love the soundtrack! Quite hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
Great video Jason!

And this ends our Florence layouts. It's bittersweet progress.

Here we have some sightseeing! Photo of the Arno in the upper right is Heathers's photo. I love seeing the river like that!

And I needed another big photo page to round out the Florence section, and I had already used all mine! Heather to the rescue!!!! I love everything about this photo. It really says Florence to me! Thanks again Heather!
So happy to see more pages! They are as usual fantastic. I love the page for the statues of talented genius guys. I actually struggled with that fountain to get a good picture without random tourists in it, so I'm especially glad you liked this one!
Circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:18 AM   #1133
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Who's up for some mask making?! This is the biggest template I have, and I'm still missing some folks! It's not intentional! On the left side of this template is my favorite photo of Kevin. He just looks so happy.

And then if you look on the right side of this page you can see Jeri's Huh? face. He looks at me like this All The Time!

Old 08-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #1134
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

I love the mask making pages, Lauren!! I loved that activity. Although I'm not very creative, it was fun to try. The workshop also made for some great photo opportunities.

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #1135
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

The Mask making photos are wonderful - seeing that layout only makes me miss everyone even more

Glad a few of us can get together on PCC 4.0

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #1136
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

How awesome was this guy!

Old 08-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #1137
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

What we have here folks is the reason why you should always travel with ABD and good friends. So we would all agree that riding in the gondolas was totally rockin' awesome right! It's so iconic. So Venice! So naturally I have a million photos of this moment, right? Nope. I got nadda. I was so bowled over that I literally took not one shot. Now, I did think to shoot a little iphone video to show my mom later so I'm not a total goof, but that's it. No photos for me. I worry about myself sometimes. Luckily for ye ol' srapbook Heather and ABD were there to act as a safety net. Otherwise it just would have been a stock photo of a gondola with a nice little story. No magical moment captured there! But instead I bring you, the Gondola Ride. Seriously one of the coolest things that has ever happened to me EVER. I almost need to do it again to really take in the experience. If that makes any sense.

The work truck pulled up and dumped a huge pile of work on me today, so this is going to be it for a while. Which is really sad 'cause I've been enjoying my roll.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #1138
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

Lauren,

I love the pages. They are fantastic. I wih ou didn't have to work and could just scrap photos of our fabulous adventure.

I agree with Marilee ---it makes me miss everyone a lot to see the photos and relive the experience. What fun!

Miss you all
Cathie
Old 08-23-2012, 10:41 PM   #1139
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

These were very smiley pages for me!!
Circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:34 PM   #1140
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

St. Marks!!!

In other news: New Doctor Who coming very, very soon now!

Heard the Tokyo Disney's version of the Splash Mt. song and almost died laughing. Going to Tokyo has become even more of a priority because EVERYONE should experience that!

It has been confirmed that my friend is having a girl and is naming her Obsidion, but the girl will go by Sadie. I sat my southern aside and told her how I felt about the name and she heard me out in good grace. At least I got it off my chest. But I did just buy and ship a pair of baby mouse ears with SADIE on the back and plan to forget that I ever knew about the other name.

It's under the 20 day mark for my sister's baby, Charlotte, to make her arrival!

Jeri has found out the the pool of 28 applicants for the job he wants has been cut down to six and he's still in. Fingers and toes crossed folks!

I took a 400 page job last week that I just finished the first rough pass through on. It's hard to believe one person's story can take 400 pages, but it can. My arms and wrists are killing me. The scraping keeps me sane!

102 days until 4.0. I can't wait to see my happy peeps again! I kinda want to rent a pirate costume and go all in but really can't justify the money. But then if we're going to keep doing these cruises (duh, yeah) I would be much better long-term investment to just own our own pirate duds. And I'm all about fiscal responsibility when it comes to pirate wear!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: