Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #1111
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circusgirl View Post

I'm super happy to be looking forward to upcoming trips together. I'll be totally happy to be traveling together again, even if we're meeting at the soft serve ice cream machines on the Fantasy instead of Grom in Venice.

There absolutely has to be DIS Italy.2!! We are so not done with Italy yet!

I make a Coke float at the ice cream stations on the cruise. I don't know that that is technically allowed or not. But if they are wrong, I don't wanna be right!

Just got done with a photo trip report for the central Italy trip where "our" Marco was the guide. Looks like there are several days where Florence was used as the base so it would give me another chance to fall in love with that wonderful city. Looking at the photos really help sell that trip. Now if I could only get a few interested parties to go with me! Looks like the only down side was that group of folk singers played at their last dinner together though there were no photos of people sitting on each other.

How was Cars Land and Carthay Circle, etc? I'm so excited to see those things for myself in only 496 more days!
Old 08-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #1112
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
Just got done with a photo trip report for the central Italy trip where "our" Marco was the guide. Looks like there are several days where Florence was used as the base so it would give me another chance to fall in love with that wonderful city. Looking at the photos really help sell that trip. Now if I could only get a few interested parties to go with me! Looks like the only down side was that group of folk singers played at their last dinner together though there were no photos of people sitting on each other.
Dino and I thought about the Bella Italia trip before deciding to do the Viva trip again with everyone

The one thing i wasn't fond of was the hotel in Sorrento. Didn't like the fact that it was so modern. I just found out that they've changed the hotel for the 2013 trips. Much better IMHO
So , do we do Venice before or after . . .

Just read the trip report - it really does sound very nice - Well, except for that off the wall troubadore group. Nice to see Marco's smiling face too.

I think our group will have to get into a Italia 2.0 discussion while we're on the cruise
Perhaps the palazzo bar in the Adult area would put us all in the mood

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #1113
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by corky441 View Post
Dino and I thought about the Bella Italia trip before deciding to do the Viva trip again with everyone

The one thing i wasn't fond of was the hotel in Sorrento. Didn't like the fact that it was so modern. I just found out that they've changed the hotel for the 2013 trips. Much better IMHO

Just read the trip report - it really does sound very nice - Well, except for that off the wall troubadore group. Nice to see Marco's smiling face too.

I think our group will have to get into a Italia 2.0 discussion while we're on the cruise
Oh, I think an Italia 2.0 discussion is a must!! I need to go track down that trip report now...

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #1114
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
Oh, I think an Italia 2.0 discussion is a must!! I need to go track down that trip report now...
I so agree. Dis Italia 2.0 must happen. We loved the central italy pictures. I wonder what they thought of the band. It looks like the blog family made a good call with the After Dark Roma tours. I'd rather spend more time in Venice though. I agree with Marilee, Venice calls to me.

I also want to go back to Orvietto. It was just so charming plus i need to complete the pin collection.

Lauren,

We really enjoyed celebrating your birthday with gelato. It may have to be an annual holiday.
Smokey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #1115
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC MM View Post
Hello again

Happy 4th Of July to you all ... The BBQ and backyard pool party is over, the fireworks are done, all of the guests have left and the kitchen is almost cleaned up.. and now it's time for a quick question

..and I still didn't get the Vatican Post cards..Oh Well

I have decided that I want to display the Venetian Masks that we made and I'm looking for a shadow box display case. My intentions are to put some colorful feathers in it and pictures we took at the shop making the masks. I have one problem .... Any one have any ideas as to a website that sells Shadow boxes that are 12x12 and at least 6 inches deep ?

Hugs to all
Micki,

We're you able to shadow box your Venetian masks? If so , I'd love to see a photo.

Take care
Cathie
Old 08-07-2012, 01:39 AM   #1116
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
I make a Coke float at the ice cream stations on the cruise. I don't know that that is technically allowed or not. But if they are wrong, I don't wanna be right!

How was Cars Land and Carthay Circle, etc? I'm so excited to see those things for myself in only 496 more days!
Coke float...happy thought.

My Disneyland trip is next weekend, so I am still anticipating! I promise pictures, and a report on the D23 event. I received the schedule for the event a few days ago (http://d23.disney.go.com/wp-content/..._v04-FINAL.pdf), and am super excited about many things. The best surprise of the event for me is Marge Champion's appearance.

I'll have to read the dangerous Bella Italia trip report.

Quote:

Venice is definitely on my must return list. I could easily do a week there after whatever else we also decide that we're doing.

Quote:
See, aren't you double glad you signed up for the cruise?
Circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:57 AM   #1117
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circusgirl View Post
See, aren't you double glad you signed up for the cruise?
Double, triple glad!

Old 08-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #1118
corky441

Hey Everyone -

I know this is just is the super duper early planning stages, but I thought I'd get an idea of how many of our little troup are really thinking seriously about going back to Italy???

I'm giving serious thought to doing the Bella Italia ABD trip in 2013. Right now I'm looking at the trip the runs May 26 to June2, 2013 ( basically the same time frame as our trip this year).

If you haven't had the chance, check out the trip report by RSM on the ABD forum.

Also, I'm thinking of 3-4 days pre-trip up in Venice & flying down to Naples on that Sunday the ABD trip begins. Looked at taking the train, but that is a very longggggg train ride. Flying is much quicker.

Like I said, this is all preliminary talking right now, but I thought I'd get the converation going... Ciao

Old 08-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #1119
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey Everyone -

I know this is just is the super duper early planning stages, but I thought I'd get an idea of how many of our little troup are really thinking seriously about going back to Italy???

I'm giving serious thought to doing the Bella Italia ABD trip in 2013. Right now I'm looking at the trip the runs May 26 to June2, 2013 ( basically the same time frame as our trip this year).

If you haven't had the chance, check out the trip report by RSM on the ABD forum.

Also, I'm thinking of 3-4 days pre-trip up in Venice & flying down to Naples on that Sunday the ABD trip begins. Looked at taking the train, but that is a very longggggg train ride. Flying is much quicker.

Like I said, this is all preliminary talking right now, but I thought I'd get the converation going... Ciao
I'm super serious about going back but there's no way in 2013. I've got two BSM trips booked. My earliest trip back couldn't happen until 2014. The Bella Italia trip looks fabulous though. It is definitely on my to-do list.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #1120
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm super serious about going back but there's no way in 2013. I've got two BSM trips booked. My earliest trip back couldn't happen until 2014. The Bella Italia trip looks fabulous though. It is definitely on my to-do list.
Exactly what Christy said. We can't do Europe back to back. Plus, next year is BSM! But 2014 is a big maybe. Maybe you guys need to go do the leg work for us in 2013 and the we'll all go back together the next year!

Old 08-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #1121
corky441

Sometimes my passion for Italy overpowers my brain.
I had completely forgotten that there are so many other 2013 trips planned already.

Maybe 2014 would be a more realistic goal for us.
Since ABD hadn't announced that far yet for the Bella Italia trip, I guess we'll need to wait to make definite plans.
We'll have a lot of time to chat about it at least

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Old 08-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #1122
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Sometimes my passion for Italy overpowers my brain.
I had completely forgotten that there are so many other 2013 trips planned already.

Maybe 2014 would be a more realistic goal for us.
Since ABD hadn't announced that far yet for the Bella Italia trip, I guess we'll need to wait to make definite plans.
We'll have a lot of time to chat about it at least

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
2014 would be much better for us as well. I would love to do Bella Italia. Extra days in Venice would be great. I liked the trip report.

Lauren--- great scrapbook page!

Cathie
Old 08-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #1123
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey'sMom View Post
2014 would be much better for us as well. I would love to do Bella Italia. Extra days in Venice would be great. I liked the trip report.

Lauren--- great scrapbook page!

Cathie
Hmmmmmm, my desire to do Alpine Magic and Lake Como has been outvoted and vetoed.

Kevin! Help!
Old 08-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #1124
Sarabi's Cubs
DIS Veteran

I am dying to do the Bella Italia trip, even more so after reading that trip report!!!!! Only thing is, I may need to be heavily medicated while navigating that road to Positano. I can feel the panic attack coming on now!!!

Laurie

Contemporary 1972, Fort Wilderness 7/79, WDW offsite 6/84, WDW offsite 12/89, GF 9/96, BC 11/03, Disneyland offsite 6/05, BC 4/08, YC 1/2010, POR 12/2010, Disney Magic New Year's Cruise 12/2010, DIS Exclusive Knights & Lights ABD 9/11, Easter Dream cruise 4/2012, BWV 10/2012, Kidani 4/2013, DIS Exclusive Once Upon a Fairytale ABD 9/13, Kidani 12/13
Sarabi's Cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #1125
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!

You really can find anything on You Tube! Someone who took the Viva Italia trip before us took video of the bus ride up to the Tuscan Hilltop Prison.

Jason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko3etpXPKCw
JWren1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: