Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2012, 12:27 PM   #616
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
Have set up my out of the office email responses!

In looking at the weather I see a bit of rain on our parade. I wonder if it rains like Florida where it rains for 20 minutes in the afternoon and then goes away, or if it r-a-i-n-s all day.

I can't decided what to wear on the plane. Everything I think of sounds uncomfortable. Should I wear jeans or slacks, tennis shoes or slips on. Compression socks? *sigh*

Also, Jeri got into some of our plane food and now I have to go back to the store. So I had to kill him. I've decided to bring my friend Jennifer in his place and then half way through our trip I'll slip away somewhere over the boarder.

Okay. So I didn't actually kill him. But you can tell a goodly amount of thought went into it. I asked him what makes you eat this food in particular when there is food all over this house? What do you want me to do on the plane when you start making sad little starving faces at me and you've eaten all the food here at home before we even left?!?!?! Keeping him fed is a job of work I tell ya. One would THINK he would try to help himself by not EATING all of his travel food BEFORE he is traveling. Wow. Where did that rant come from? Feeling a little stabby today.

I was tempted by a rainy day scrapbooking kit I saw, but I didn't buy it because I didn't want to jinx us. Yes, my scrapbooking purchases have the power to directly influence the weather. You didn't know? It's an awesome responsibility and one I take very seriously.

The inlaws are on their way and Jeri's not back from his "quick run" into work yet. Which is great because there is absolutely nothing else I need to be doing today besides watching the golf channel.

Awesome weekend to everyone! And see ya real soon!
I'm trying to decide what to wear on the plane too, I'm going to just go with the most comfortable thing I can find. I'm thinking of wearing a football jersey and pants that I usually wear to the gym, I figure the more comfortable I am, the better I'll be able to enjoy the flight!

I'm pretty much packed, I'm limiting myself to one suitcase and my ABD backpack, so far so good.

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

Jason
JWren1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #617
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Let the packing and charging begin!!!! Syncing ipods, loading music, who is going to carry what is which bag! Wearing carpy clothes around the house so I don't have wash anything I want to take! Hot Dog! I really love this part. Hope everyone is having as much fun today as I am.

Did y'all see about Kevin and the bus?
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #618
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

If my outfits don't "match" is that going to be a problem? I promise to stand in the back for the group photos.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #619
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
Let the packing and charging begin!!!! Syncing ipods, loading music, who is going to carry what is which bag! Wearing carpy clothes around the house so I don't have wash anything I want to take! Hot Dog! I really love this part. Hope everyone is having as much fun today as I am.

Did y'all see about Kevin and the bus?
I missed about Kevin and the bus? What, when, where???

I'm in the same charging, packing, final details mode. Yay!!!! I have a circus show today, two more days of work then launch for fabulous Italy and seeing all of you - I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
It was a little weaker near Salami.

Christy, thanks for sharing all the great tips!
Circusgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #620
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circusgirl View Post
I missed about Kevin and the bus? What, when, where???
Poor Kevin was HIT by a BUS! And knocked down. Though he is basically okay. And then the blankity blank blank bus driver had the nerve to yell at him. I hope that man gets hit by a bus so he can see what it's like!

Here's Kevin's post: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2928770
Old 05-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #621
DSNYDREAMER
Cruising with Unlimited Dreams
Ring of fire! Ring of fire!

I have decided clothes for the plane will be super comfy (read bummy!), therefore I apologize to all of you who I see before my shower and outfit change in Rome!

I struggled--I really don't want my arrival in Rome to be in my comfy clothes. But I also don't want to spend 8.5 hours on a plane in "Rome arriving Clothes"

We started organizing today, tomorrow is laundry and packing. OMG only 3 short days!

DSNYDREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #622
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

I will also be arriving in Rome in comfortable clothes. I figure that 9 hours on a plane isn't going to be good on any outfit so...comfort beats style.

Tomorrow is packing and last minute errands for me. I leave the house at 10:00 a.m. Tuesday morning.

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #623
MinnieGarden
Sweetie, let's focus on vacation..... step away from the techie stuff
Life would never been the same after the Podcast Cruise

Does anyone have some extra room in a suitcase for me???

Have a magical trip!

MinnieGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:01 PM   #624
skunkvette
You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.

We have clothes all laid out, and important documents packed. Probably won't actually pack suitcases until Wednesday AM, we leave 6PM Wednesday. We are both off work on Wednesday, just two more workdays to go.

Had not thought about in flight wear, might go with the "Slanket" look, at least customs in Rome would be fun.

Had dinner tonight with my sister and her family, they're so excited to go on this adventure and meet all of you.

See you all soon!
skunkvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #625
Circusgirl
ALLORA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkvette View Post
We have clothes all laid out, and important documents packed. Probably won't actually pack suitcases until Wednesday AM, we leave 6PM Wednesday. We are both off work on Wednesday, just two more workdays to go.

Had not thought about in flight wear, might go with the "Slanket" look, at least customs in Rome would be fun.

Had dinner tonight with my sister and her family, they're so excited to go on this adventure and meet all of you.

See you all soon!
Are you U.S. Airways out of Philadelphia...(hope hope)? I fly early Wednesday morning from Seattle to Philadelphia, then connect to the Rome flight. It would be lovely to travel in any style if we are on the same flight, and seeing you nine hours sooner suits me just fine!
Old 05-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #626
Circusgirl
ALLORA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieGarden View Post
Does anyone have some extra room in a suitcase for me???

Have a magical trip!
Me, me, oh me!!

So wish you guys were with us!
Old 05-20-2012, 09:10 PM   #627
Sarabi's Cubs
DIS Veteran

Hope you all have an incredible time!!!!!!

Laurie

Contemporary 1972, Fort Wilderness 7/79, WDW offsite 6/84, WDW offsite 12/89, GF 9/96, BC 11/03, Disneyland offsite 6/05, BC 4/08, YC 1/2010, POR 12/2010, Disney Magic New Year's Cruise 12/2010, DIS Exclusive Knights & Lights ABD 9/11, Easter Dream cruise 4/2012, BWV 10/2012, Kidani 4/2013, DIS Exclusive Once Upon a Fairytale ABD 9/13, Kidani 12/13
Sarabi's Cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:25 AM   #628
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Can't wait to see y'all.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:06 AM   #629
skunkvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circusgirl View Post
Are you U.S. Airways out of Philadelphia...(hope hope)? I fly early Wednesday morning from Seattle to Philadelphia, then connect to the Rome flight. It would be lovely to travel in any style if we are on the same flight, and seeing you nine hours sooner suits me just fine!
There are eight of us on USAir 718 on 5/23 out of Philly.

Cathy, Lisa, Mario, Jim, Dan, Patty and Trisha. And me.

Hope we see you there!
Old 05-21-2012, 05:08 AM   #630
skunkvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
Can't wait to see y'all.
Soon!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: