Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-17-2012, 09:13 AM   #601
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body
 
k5jmh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 5,377

Frank, it dawned on me that you have not seen this yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQX2ZK9DYR0&hd=1
__________________
k5jmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:39 PM   #602
skunkvette
You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
 
skunkvette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 642

[QUOTE=k5jmh;44910727]Frank, it dawned on me that you have not seen this yet...

QUOTE]

Thanks Mike, that was fun to relive.

I could use some help with video next week if you are free......
skunkvette is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #603
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body
 
k5jmh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 5,377

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkvette View Post



Thanks Mike, that was fun to relive.

I could use some help with video next week if you are free......
My phone will be on! I will be in Mississippi while ya'll are in the land of pesto and marinara.
__________________
k5jmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #604
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran
 
Chropistopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Georgia
Posts: 911

Link to the travel blog that I'm going to attempt to update during our trip...you'll be there but feel free to subscribe if you'd like.


http://www.everlater.com/christyn4/i...-dot-abd-style
__________________
Christy

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:21 PM   #605
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body
 
k5jmh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 5,377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
Link to the travel blog that I'm going to attempt to update during our trip...you'll be there but feel free to subscribe if you'd like.


http://www.everlater.com/christyn4/i...-dot-abd-style
I'll be checking it, Christy!!
__________________
k5jmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #606
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 2 miles north of the Castle!
Posts: 21,528

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
My phone will be on! I will be in Mississippi while ya'll are in the land of pesto and marinara.
not at all the same...
__________________
OKW Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:46 AM   #607
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!
 
Circusgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Upper left coast
Posts: 1,594

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
Happy Banana Dance! I'm glad the cortisone worked for you. It doesn't for everybody, so yay! I'm a limited shoe choice person myself. I dream of cute shoes, but mostly it's my stupid expensive running shoes with the inserts. That is the most expensive pair of shoes I've ever bought, and I got no say whatsoever in picking them. The guy looked at the, very long, list from my dr., watched me walk, brought out three pairs, watched me walk in each and said, here, you can have these. And they were not the pink ones with the pumas on the side either. But at least they look sporty and not "servicable" so there's that.

Kevin ran into this guy in the airport and I've been watching his clips this morning. We have way too much in common. As we all prepare to head to the airport, here's what we have to look forward to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfqcS...=LPoOMuwPzenUI

ETA: Just found this one about Disney World in August: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QohLo...eature=related

ETA: And this one for our Bed Bath and Beyonders http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in12T...eature=related

ETA: Gelato! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asHov...eature=related

Have got to stop this, but France/Italy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpMkRIXhLH0
Fantastico! I LOVED these.


Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
Frank, it dawned on me that you have not seen this yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQX2ZK9DYR0&hd=1
It was terrific fun to watch this as I'm getting ready for the next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
You must take lots of pics, guys! I am not going, so I will not be able to "live post." I will be looking forward to seeing the adventure through your eyes!!
It's going to be a snap-o-rama!
Circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:57 AM   #608
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran
 
Chropistopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Georgia
Posts: 911

One of my co-workers sent along these recommendations for Florence...she studied there for a while...

Florence Tips

Places to see- Santa Croce, Piazza Michelangelo
Best dinner spot - La Giostra restaurant (I ordered the pear ravioli and spinach) http://www.ristorantelagiostra.com/ Address: Borgo Pinti, 12-r 50121
Avoid tourist trap gelaterias: go instead to Grom and Gelateria de Medici (try the crema de Medici flavor!), and Vivoli’s... ignore all other gelato stands and RUN to these three because they are fabulous.
Santa Croce Leather School- great for souvenirs for the fam... my Dad loves the bifold leather wallets (they last 10 years), and there’s lots of cute pouches for girls too. Just behind Santa Croce church around to the left of the building.
Pizzeria Spera (best pizza on the planet just down the street from my apartment on Via della Cernaia) – off the beaten path in a much more local area (north of the tourist area, but a block down from Gelateria de Medici gelato, which is on Via dello Statuto 3/5 r), little hole-in-the-wall award winning pizza. Address: Via della Cernaia, 9 50129. Also has odd hours and you won’t want to walk out there only to find it closed! So here are the hours:

Hours:
Mon
Closed

Tue-Thu
12–2:30pm, 7–10:30pm

Fri
12–2:30pm, 7–11pm

Sat-Sun
7–11pm

Other Italy Tips

Stop in Bologna for a good meal on the way between Florence and Venice, it’s the pasta capital of the world
They don't have many zip lock bags there so bring some if you think you might need some.
Get the Roma Pass in Rome!!! (unless your trip has already organized your sightseeing for Rome, then you won’t need it)
__________________
Christy

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:58 AM   #609
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran
 
stenogoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 1,978

Have set up my out of the office email responses!

In looking at the weather I see a bit of rain on our parade. I wonder if it rains like Florida where it rains for 20 minutes in the afternoon and then goes away, or if it r-a-i-n-s all day.

I can't decided what to wear on the plane. Everything I think of sounds uncomfortable. Should I wear jeans or slacks, tennis shoes or slips on. Compression socks? *sigh*

Also, Jeri got into some of our plane food and now I have to go back to the store. So I had to kill him. I've decided to bring my friend Jennifer in his place and then half way through our trip I'll slip away somewhere over the boarder.

Okay. So I didn't actually kill him. But you can tell a goodly amount of thought went into it. I asked him what makes you eat this food in particular when there is food all over this house? What do you want me to do on the plane when you start making sad little starving faces at me and you've eaten all the food here at home before we even left?!?!?! Keeping him fed is a job of work I tell ya. One would THINK he would try to help himself by not EATING all of his travel food BEFORE he is traveling. Wow. Where did that rant come from? Feeling a little stabby today.

I was tempted by a rainy day scrapbooking kit I saw, but I didn't buy it because I didn't want to jinx us. Yes, my scrapbooking purchases have the power to directly influence the weather. You didn't know? It's an awesome responsibility and one I take very seriously.

The inlaws are on their way and Jeri's not back from his "quick run" into work yet. Which is great because there is absolutely nothing else I need to be doing today besides watching the golf channel.

Awesome weekend to everyone! And see ya real soon!
__________________
stenogoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #610
jcb
always emerging from hibernation
 
jcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In view of the Smoky Mountains
Posts: 3,670

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
One of my co-workers sent along these recommendations for Florence...she studied there for a while...

Florence Tips

Places to see- Santa Croce, Piazza Michelangelo
Best dinner spot - La Giostra restaurant (I ordered the pear ravioli and spinach) http://www.ristorantelagiostra.com/ Address: Borgo Pinti, 12-r 50121
Avoid tourist trap gelaterias: go instead to Grom and Gelateria de Medici (try the crema de Medici flavor!), and Vivoli’s... ignore all other gelato stands and RUN to these three because they are fabulous.
Santa Croce Leather School- great for souvenirs for the fam... my Dad loves the bifold leather wallets (they last 10 years), and there’s lots of cute pouches for girls too. Just behind Santa Croce church around to the left of the building.
Pizzeria Spera (best pizza on the planet just down the street from my apartment on Via della Cernaia) – off the beaten path in a much more local area (north of the tourist area, but a block down from Gelateria de Medici gelato, which is on Via dello Statuto 3/5 r), little hole-in-the-wall award winning pizza. Address: Via della Cernaia, 9 50129. Also has odd hours and you won’t want to walk out there only to find it closed! So here are the hours:

Hours:
Mon
Closed

Tue-Thu
12–2:30pm, 7–10:30pm

Fri
12–2:30pm, 7–11pm

Sat-Sun
7–11pm

Other Italy Tips

Stop in Bologna for a good meal on the way between Florence and Venice, it’s the pasta capital of the world
They don't have many zip lock bags there so bring some if you think you might need some.
Get the Roma Pass in Rome!!! (unless your trip has already organized your sightseeing for Rome, then you won’t need it)
I'm in favor of any place with the motto "In Food We Trust."
__________________
Jack
jcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:38 PM   #611
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran
 
Chropistopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Georgia
Posts: 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
I'm in favor of any place with the motto "In Food We Trust."
I agree, Jack!!
__________________
Christy

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:12 PM   #612
jcb
always emerging from hibernation
 
jcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In view of the Smoky Mountains
Posts: 3,670

Fa presagire?

USGS reports a 5.9 earthquake north of Bologna occurred about 10 pm eastern time.
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak...9tk0#technical

I hope folks are ok.
__________________
Jack

Last edited by jcb; 05-20-2012 at 04:46 AM.
jcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:17 PM   #613
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body
 
k5jmh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 5,377

It was a little weaker near Salami.
__________________
k5jmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:47 AM   #614
jcb
always emerging from hibernation
 
jcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In view of the Smoky Mountains
Posts: 3,670

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
It was a little weaker near Salami.
I blame autocorrect. ;
__________________
Jack
jcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:20 AM   #615
GAN
DIS Veteran
 
GAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder
Posts: 1,269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
One of my co-workers sent along these recommendations for Florence...she studied there for a while...

Florence Tips

Places to see- Santa Croce, Piazza Michelangelo
Best dinner spot - La Giostra restaurant (I ordered the pear ravioli and spinach) http://www.ristorantelagiostra.com/ Address: Borgo Pinti, 12-r 50121
Avoid tourist trap gelaterias: go instead to Grom and Gelateria de Medici (try the crema de Medici flavor!), and Vivoli’s... ignore all other gelato stands and RUN to these three because they are fabulous.
Santa Croce Leather School- great for souvenirs for the fam... my Dad loves the bifold leather wallets (they last 10 years), and there’s lots of cute pouches for girls too. Just behind Santa Croce church around to the left of the building.
These are all great tips -Santa Croce is NOT to be missed(hopefully it's included with your tour). Just the fact that the tombs of people like Galileo, Michelangelo, Machiavelli, Ghiberti, Rossini are there should be enough reason. We picked up a bag and a money clip from the School that I suspect will be with us for most of our lives! While we didn't make it to La Giostra, it is well-regarded as one of the best restaurants in Florence(if not all of Italy). Buon Viaggio!
GAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: