Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2012, 09:20 AM   #571
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Have a safe, uneventful, and duct-tape free flight.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #572
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Safe travels, Kevin!! Have a fabulous pre-adventure trip!

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #573
mattincanberra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
Okay folks....our ride to the airport gets here in a couple of minutes and we are off.

Hope you all have safe travels and uneventful flights.

We will see y'all in ROME!

WOO HOO!!!!
I too will see you all in Rome, I am just about to board my flight in London to get to Barcelona!!

So far apart from sunburn trip going well

Matt
mattincanberra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #574
LionKingRules84
Mouseketeer

Happy Travels everyone!!

Hope you all have a great time in Italy!

CR 1986
CBR October 1991
CBR October 1994
CSR September 2007 13 years is much too long trip report!
DIS Unplugged Exclusive Knights and Lights ABD October 2012
Swan August 2013 & DIS Cruise 1.0 on RCCL Oasis
LionKingRules84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #575
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattincanberra View Post
I too will see you all in Rome, I am just about to board my flight in London to get to Barcelona!!

So far apart from sunburn trip going well

Matt
Safe travels, Matt! It's been great following your progress on Facebook. See you in Rome.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #576
Sarabi's Cubs
DIS Veteran

Safe travels to all of you on this trip!!! Can't wait to hear details!!!

Laurie

Contemporary 1972, Fort Wilderness 7/79, WDW offsite 6/84, WDW offsite 12/89, GF 9/96, BC 11/03, Disneyland offsite 6/05, BC 4/08, YC 1/2010, POR 12/2010, Disney Magic New Year's Cruise 12/2010, DIS Exclusive Knights & Lights ABD 9/11, Easter Dream cruise 4/2012, BWV 10/2012, Kidani 4/2013, DIS Exclusive Once Upon a Fairytale ABD 9/13, Kidani 12/13
Sarabi's Cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:42 AM   #577
jcb

It has been too quiet. Just to liven things up, I looked up youtube videos about pickpockets in Italy. It gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "dirty old men."

I also watched a lot of videos about trains in Italy. I was relieved to learn that the directional signs in the Milan train station are cross-posted in English. I may be able to find our way to the Switzerland train after all.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #578
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

You must take lots of pics, guys! I am not going, so I will not be able to "live post." I will be looking forward to seeing the adventure through your eyes!!

k5jmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #579
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
You must take lots of pics, guys! I am not going, so I will not be able to "live post." I will be looking forward to seeing the adventure through your eyes!!
I'm going to attempt to do a live trip report using Everlater. I will post the link here. I apologize in advance if it gets to cumbersome or I get too lazy and the posts dwindle off. I've never used the site/app before so it will be a learning process. It seems pretty cool though.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:19 PM   #580
jcb

Quote:
If I am able to "live post" it will be because I take photos with my iPad. Therein lies the moral dilemma. . . .
Old 05-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #581
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

Jack, What I did was use the Ipad Camera Connection kit from Apple and download the pictures from my camera and then upload some of the good shots. the Iphoto app was not out yet, so I used Camera+ and Adobe Photoshop for Ipad to upload to FB and the boards.

I also used Photosynth and Pano360 for some cool panoramic pictures.

Last edited by k5jmh; 05-14-2012 at 07:53 PM.
k5jmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:21 PM   #582
jcb

Quote:
Jack, What I did was use the Ipad Camera Connection kit from Apple and download the pictures from my camera and then upload some of the good shots. the Iphoto app was not out yet, so I used Camera+ and Adobe Photoshop for Ipad to upload to FB and the boards.

I also used Photosynth and Pano360 for some cool panoramic pictures
Those are fantastic panoramas.

While I'm still holding out for the D800 to magically appear on a Best Buy store shelf before I leave, I'm taking my D200 and will, as time and internet connection permit, upload photos from it through my laptop.

On the fly, I plan to just use my iPad, upload to Photobucket, and then post images to the DIS. It will be lower resolution but better than not.

I promise I will not look like this photographer in Italy (as much as I might want to).

http://cheezburger.com/6218327552?siteId=75
Old 05-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #583
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Jack: I actually tried to talk myself into only taking my iphone camera, telling myself it would be enough, it would be great not taking all that stuff, I would be more in the moment and not constantly thinking about my camera - - and myself called BS on that and so I'm bringing it.

So my cold is slowing getting better, which is naturally why I shared it with Jeri! I'm a giver! But he's made of sterner stuff so I expect he'll bounce back more quickly than I do. And if not at least he'll never admit he's sick. To wit: Are you sick? No. Would you like a tissue and a Halls? Yes.

Have called all the credit card folks and made copies of cards and passports for "the file" And have actually pulled "the file" out of its notebook and thrown out things that aren't happening, updated the things that are and printed an updated calendar. Have done all my computer back ups and also some extra backing up I do for work stuff. Have sent all my depositions out and away so at least when I get a call looking for such and so I can say with confidence that it's not on my desk, better check yours! And I made my final chores list of pay bills, post office, bank, library, groceries, gas for car etc. so everything is ready to go when I get back.

That Santa guy knows what's up. There's not much that makes me happier than making a list and checking it twice.

And the cherry for my sunday? The inlaws have decided to stop by Sat/Sun. They are not so much a chore themselves, but now I've had to add a new list that involves cleaning the house and decatting the guest room for them. Plus, I had to pull all my piles off the bed in there and move that stuff into my room. That's a little annoying but what can I do about it? I thought about saying, No, Lady, you can't come see your son, forget it, you'll mess up my system and plus the cats really like that room because it gets the best morning sun, but that seemed a little, I don't know, crazy? I can't help it. This close to a trip my OCD starts kicking in pretty hard. OCD, though highly prized in a court reporter, seems to be less so in a daughter-in-law (they think I'm crazy). Luckily Jeri enjoys my lists and plans because it makes less work for him. He just has to show up on time, reasonably clean and carry things.

So that's where I'm at. Hope everyone else is enjoying checking things off their lists as well. This time next week, hugs in the airport!
Old 05-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #584
jcb

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
Jack: I actually tried to talk myself into only taking my iphone camera, telling myself it would be enough, it would be great not taking all that stuff, I would be more in the moment and not constantly thinking about my camera - - and myself called BS on that and so I'm bringing it.
Friends don't left Friends go on Disney trips with just an iPhone. I went to WDW once without my DSLR (under the theory of traveling "light"). I had a very good point and shoot but it wasn't a DSLR.

Of all the trips, this was one where the trip the moon rose over Mexico in the World Showcase. I wore the battery out on the point and shoot taking every possible exposure but never did get one I could use. A usable photo was somewhere between:

and

I still cry about it so I never travel without my DSLR.

I hope you and Jeri feel better, soon.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #585
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post

and
NNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: