Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2012, 08:51 PM   #511
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYDREAMER View Post
Lauren your "cuteness" and downright awesomeness, radiates from within. You would be beautiful with grey hair, blue hair or even know hair at all!!!!

Now the old thing--well that I can't help with. We are getting old, no denying it!
I'm putting my awesomeness radiates from within on a t-shirt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
I think you could pull of the "short spiky hair with IMPORTANT earrings" look.

You know what I mean....the "I make folk jewelry in my kiln and weave traditional fabrics on my loom and sell them at craft fairs" look.

You forgot the I made these sandals myself out of hemp to complete the look!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkvette View Post

I recall the old days when the decision before a big trip was whether or not to bring a bathing suit and a cork screw.

Life moves on with us in tow.

Enjoy the ride!
Word!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurplebrat View Post

Me & mom would be interested in doing Borghese!

Grey hair is totally in style now! Kelly Osbornes has been coloring hers grey/purple

Glad the PT seems to be going better
Yeah, you're coming with us! And, yeah, me and Kelly Osborne, we're tight like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
I would like to join those going to Villa Borghese. I think I want to just explore the gardens though. Perhaps I can accompany you guys, then plan to meet up with you at the end of your tour of the museum.!
I am also looking forward to the gardens. From my understanding it's the Central Park of Rome. Can't miss that!

So both of my parents independently suggested I buy a wig to cover my hair. Really? It's 100 outside. Don't these people know about my awesomeness radiating from within for crying out loud? Self-esteem complex party of one, right this way, we have you a seat over here with your parents! A wig? Come on, people, really?

On the awesome side because I'm so tall the only people who will notice my hair growing out will be John and Kevin. I can totally live with that!
Old 04-29-2012, 11:45 PM   #512
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurplebrat View Post

Me & mom would be interested in doing Borghese!

Yay!

Quote:
I would like to join those going to Villa Borghese. I think I want to just explore the gardens though. Perhaps I can accompany you guys, then plan to meet up with you at the end of your tour of the museum.
Terrific!
Circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2012, 11:58 PM   #513
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

While we haven't visited the Borghese Museum, we have walked all through the Borghese Gardens.

The gardens are not a long walk from our hotel, but be warned.....it is all uphill.

That being said, the gardens are basically a big city park that used to be the Borghese estate.

There are some statues and a cafe or two, but for the most part, the gardens are large lawns and tree lined walkways.

There is a spectacular overlook with the Vatican and St Peter's Basilica off in the distance.

This is not to persuade or disuade anyone from visiting the gardens, but more so that you have an idea of what you'll find.

Rome is a big modern city with fascinating historic places / ruins around every corner.

For every broad thoroughfare, there are a dozen twisty, turny ancient side streets to explore.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #514
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

If someone is looking for another possible "free time" activity while in Rome, you might be interested in this:

The Vatican has released 100 documents from its' archives and has put them on exhibit at the Capitoline Museum The exhibit just opened February 29th and will close on September 1st. This is really the opportunity of a lifetime.

Here is the link to the website - http://www.luxinarcana.org/en

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:13 PM   #515
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corky441 View Post
If someone is looking for another possible "free time" activity while in Rome, you might be interested in this:

The Vatican has released 100 documents from its' archives and has put them on exhibit at the Capitoline Museum The exhibit just opened February 29th and will close on September 1st. This is really the opportunity of a lifetime.

Ooooooooooh! This looks amazing.
Circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:32 AM   #516
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by corky441 View Post

The Vatican did a traveling exhibit like this in the US several years ago. It was very cool to see. Jeri and I drove down to Tampa to view it. There were documents and Pope clothes and art. Very cool. However, just to warn, at leat in Tampa the crowd control left a lot to be desired. It was like MK on New Years. You're in there shoulder to shoulder with folks. And most of them are little old people. And unless you're willing to knock them down, which after about an hour I started thinking about it, you can't get close enough to the exhibits to read the info cards. It took us about four hours to get though the entire thing. But that was just our experience in Florida. Could be more, better, different in Rome.

You know, Rome. Where we're going. In three weeks!

Am I right that Kevin, John and Matt should be leaving soon? Wanted to say safe travels and can't wait to see ya! In Rome!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:56 AM   #517
mattincanberra
Mouseketeer

Thanks Lauren,

I leave the house this Sunday (my trip to Barcelona is a bit convoluted) - and will see Kevin and John in Barcelona next Sunday - what can go wrong, a boat on the Mediterranean right.....

I'm sure there will be a story or two to tell in a bar in Rome. Looking forward to seeing you all.

Matt
mattincanberra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:29 AM   #518
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
The Vatican did a traveling exhibit like this in the US several years ago. It was very cool to see. Jeri and I drove down to Tampa to view it. There were documents and Pope clothes and art. Very cool. However, just to warn, at leat in Tampa the crowd control left a lot to be desired. It was like MK on New Years. You're in there shoulder to shoulder with folks. And most of them are little old people. And unless you're willing to knock them down, which after about an hour I started thinking about it, you can't get close enough to the exhibits to read the info cards. It took us about four hours to get though the entire thing. But that was just our experience in Florida. Could be more, better, different in Rome.

You know, Rome. Where we're going. In three weeks!

Am I right that Kevin, John and Matt should be leaving soon? Wanted to say safe travels and can't wait to see ya! In Rome!
We went to this exhibit as well.

We leave Orlando May 12th.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #519
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

The Euros I ordered have arrived at the bank.

I've informed the bank of my travel dates.

I've purchased the majority of the things I need for the trip.

I've been dealing with bronchitis for the past week...but I've been abnormally productive while being so sick.

Three weeks from now today I will be headed to the airport.

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:55 AM   #520
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
I've been dealing with bronchitis for the past week...but I've been abnormally productive while being so sick.
1) Feel better soon
2) "abnormally productive" is a wonderful phrase. May I plagiarize it?
Old 05-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #521
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
1) Feel better soon
2) "abnormally productive" is a wonderful phrase. May I plagiarize it?
1) Thanks, Jack!
2) Plagerize away.

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:58 PM   #522
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!

The Grom Gelato Flavor Of The Month For May Is.....
Cannolo Sicilian
-Made with Sheep's Ricotta, Wheat Biscuits and Chocolate Chips.

I think I would still prefer Caramello Al Sale, which will also most likely be the only three words of Italian that I'll be able to speak.

I've already planned out my OYO time, it will be spent comparing and contrasting gelato shops throughout Rome and Venice

Jason
JWren1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #523
apurplebrat

Turning the whole world purple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWren1234 View Post
Cannolo Sicilian

I think I would still prefer Caramello Al Sale, which will also most likely be the only three words of Italian that I'll be able to speak.

I've already planned out my OYO time, it will be spent comparing and contrasting gelato shops throughout Rome and Venice

Jason

Sounds yummy Jason!

Don 't forget all the comparing that needs to be done with Prosecco
Old 05-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #524
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Jason
Lead the way!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #525
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

Quote:
Cannolo Sicilian

Jason
Save some room for Florence

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: