Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2014, 06:07 PM   #1
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

For those of you that have done ABD BSM..

Hi I am wanting to took this in July 2015 and plan to arrive a day early and stay an extra 2 days at the end. On the front end of the trip I will check in early at the Hollywood Hotel (Loewes) but am wanting to make sure we do enough Hollywood stuff!

My DD15 will enjoy the stars home tours, rodeo drive, etc. Without giving away too much of the trip, is this necessary to do on our own? I can't see ABD doing movie star home tours BUT do you get enough of rodeo drive and other touristy stuff with the Hollywood part of the ABD tour? I plan on taking her to the Warner Bros. behind the scenes 2.5 hours tour and had thought of working in the cheezy movie star tour but wanted your input if you felt enough of Hollywood was covered on the BSM tour.

THanks!
DP
scottmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 06:27 PM   #2
drclaws
I'd rather be Mousing!

I would say you'd be safe with the plans you mention. No movie star homes, no Rodeo Drive visit....
drclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2014, 05:29 AM   #3
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by drclaws View Post
I would say you'd be safe with the plans you mention. No movie star homes, no Rodeo Drive visit....
Thanks!
DP
scottmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:06 AM   #4
DVC Kathy
Mouseketeer

The Loews has (or had in early July) Fiats that would take you places within a certain distance free of charge. You have to find your own way back.

They took us to the Farmer's Market at 3rd & Fairfax (another fun place to go.) If you go there, go hungry. You can do the Farmer's Market version of eating around the World.

DVC Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:07 PM   #5
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
Hi I am wanting to took this in July 2015 and plan to arrive a day early and stay an extra 2 days at the end. On the front end of the trip I will check in early at the Hollywood Hotel (Loewes) but am wanting to make sure we do enough Hollywood stuff!

My DD15 will enjoy the stars home tours, rodeo drive, etc. Without giving away too much of the trip, is this necessary to do on our own? I can't see ABD doing movie star home tours BUT do you get enough of rodeo drive and other touristy stuff with the Hollywood part of the ABD tour? I plan on taking her to the Warner Bros. behind the scenes 2.5 hours tour and had thought of working in the cheezy movie star tour but wanted your input if you felt enough of Hollywood was covered on the BSM tour.

THanks!
When we did our ABD BSM, we did go on a "tour of the stars homes."

k5jmh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:14 PM   #6
DVC Kathy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
When we did our ABD BSM, we did go on a "tour of the stars homes."
FWIW, drclaws and I took our BSM trip a month ago.

Kathy

DVC Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 04:08 PM   #7
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Kathy View Post
FWIW, drclaws and I took our BSM trip a month ago.

Kathy
It is important to remember that ABD has and will modify their itineraries if certain attractions/tour events are not available. In our case, I believe the El Capitan Theater was unavailable do to a special event. The "Homes of Stars" was a substitute event (and it was really cheesy).

We even, on the fly, changed our itinerary to skip breakfast in Disneyland to go on a private tour of Club 1301 before it was an actual stop on the trip. You just never know. ABD found out that we were planning a trip to the London Eye and arranged for transportation to the Eye and i believe they now include that in the Knights and Lights tour. You just never know.

k5jmh is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: