Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 12:32 PM   #91
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
Thanks so much for that useful info!

All the best.
Is it still against the law to pump your own gas in nj.?

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

Old 10-19-2011, 12:40 PM   #92
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
Is it still against the law to pump your own gas in nj.?
Indeed! There's a popular T-shirt and bumper sticker in NJ that reads: "Jersey Girls Don't Pump Gas."

It's somewhat of an awkward experience to make the first gas stop in VA (on the way to WDW) for gas. But it's a really weird feeling if we need gas in NJ on our way back from WDW. For a moment, I feel like I have to get out of the vehicle but then an attendant approaches and reality sets in.

And I'll be pumping my own gas on Saturday!

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (38 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2011, 03:19 PM   #93
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Indeed! There's a popular T-shirt and bumper sticker in NJ that reads: "Jersey Girls Don't Pump Gas."

It's somewhat of an awkward experience to make the first gas stop in VA (on the way to WDW) for gas. But it's a really weird feeling if we need gas in NJ on our way back from WDW. For a moment, I feel like I have to get out of the vehicle but then an attendant approaches and reality sets in.

And I'll be pumping my own gas on Saturday!

All the best.
i thought so. im only 10 min. to the nj state line and i never think to go over there and get gas. i bet you love to pump your own gas.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

Old 10-19-2011, 03:42 PM   #94
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
i thought so. im only 10 min. to the nj state line and i never think to go over there and get gas. i bet you love to pump your own gas.
Actually, I don't mind pumping gas on the WDW 2,000+ mile round-trip drive. It forces you to get out of the car and stretch your legs. One full tank in NJ before departure and then two full tanks to WDW.

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (38 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #95
alenushka
DIS Veteran

Is anyone driving I-95 on Nov.17? We will be driving from NY, leaving at 7am or 12pm (if DD has to go to school that day). I just thought maybe we could keep in touch (texting, or this board) as we driving alerting each other of cops, traffics, etc....
If we leave at 12, I estimate Washington DC area b/n 4-5 pm - bad idea, right?
Thanks!
Old 10-20-2011, 06:46 AM   #96
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenushka View Post
Is anyone driving I-95 on Nov.17? We will be driving from NY, leaving at 7am or 12pm....
If we leave at 12, I estimate Washington DC area b/n 4-5 pm - bad idea, right?
Thanks!
Yes, probably a "bad idea." All things remaining equal, it will be rush hour in the DC area. Most of the traffic that you will experience will be in northen VA once you cross the Wilson Bridge.

[It would even more of a "bad idea" if you reached that area on Nov. 18, a Friday.]

All the best.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:57 PM   #97
alenushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, probably a "bad idea." All things remaining equal, it will be rush hour in the DC area. Most of the traffic that you will experience will be in northen VA once you cross the Wilson Bridge.

[It would even more of a "bad idea" if you reached that area on Nov. 18, a Friday.]

All the best.
Thanks! I guess - skipping school that day, plenty of driving time to catch up on school and home work

What would be the best time to leave Miami area (we go there after visiting Disney) to get to NY on Sunday after Thansgiving, considering we can not drive through the night ?
Old 10-21-2011, 07:21 AM   #98
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenushka View Post
Thanks! I guess - skipping school that day, plenty of driving time to catch up on school and home work

What would be the best time to leave Miami area (we go there after visiting Disney) to get to NY on Sunday after Thansgiving, considering we can not drive through the night ?
A Saturday morning departure is probably best, especially starting from Miami and having to deal with Thanksgiving weekend traffic. If you left around 9 a.m. you could make it to NC by the early evening and stay over for the night.

All the best.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:38 AM   #99
blondietink
DIS Veteran

REgarding Thanksgiving traffic: We are driving to Tampa for our cruise the day after Thanksgiving with an overnight stop on Friday and completing the drive on Saturday. What do you think the traffic will be like on those days and heading south? Are most business closed that day which will take care of a lot of traffic? I know the traffic around malls might be bad, but otherwise, I don't know?

We are going to WDW the week after our cruise, and not leaving until December 11th, so I am not really worried about the drive back except for possibly weather related issues.

We can be flexible on which route we drive in either direction.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:43 AM   #100
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondietink View Post
REgarding Thanksgiving traffic: We are driving to Tampa for our cruise the day after Thanksgiving with an overnight stop on Friday and completing the drive on Saturday. What do you think the traffic will be like on those days and heading south? Are most business closed that day which will take care of a lot of traffic? I know the traffic around malls might be bad, but otherwise, I don't know?

We are going to WDW the week after our cruise, and not leaving until December 11th, so I am not really worried about the drive back except for possibly weather related issues.

We can be flexible on which route we drive in either direction.
other than the mall areas, you should fine. other than retail, most companys are closed and people who went to visit family are where they wanted to get to. sunday after thanksgiving will be busy.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:04 PM   #101
alenushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
A Saturday morning departure is probably best, especially starting from Miami and having to deal with Thanksgiving weekend traffic. If you left around 9 a.m. you could make it to NC by the early evening and stay over for the night.

All the best.
Thanks!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:04 PM   #102
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Let's see: it's just after midnight, the earliest part of October 22's morning.

What to do?

Ah, ha! Within the hour, it's time for drive #24 to WDW!

All the best.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:10 PM   #103
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What to do?

All the best.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:01 AM   #104
disneymarie
Its a rumour about the donuts...
Can we play Nancy Drew?

Quote:

What to do?

All the best.

Safe travels and have a blast!
Old 10-22-2011, 05:51 AM   #105
MinnieTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What to do?

All the best.
Have a safe trip!!!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: