Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 08:44 PM   #76
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swankybeth View Post
In just 20 days DH and I will be making the 1100 mile drive to WDW!
The plan is to leave around 4:30-5 am on 11/5 and spend the night in Santee, SC. We will leave around 7 am on 11/6 and drive to Royal Pacific Resort.
On 11/19 we will leave WDW around 11am-12pm and drive to Roanoke Rapids, NC. 11/20 leave around 8 am and drive home.
We got a new car (2012 Equinox) last month and we're looking forward to the trip!!
have a nice trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyjelly View Post
We're leaving from southeastern Michigan either Thursday evening or Friday morning. We'll drive until we need to stop then finish the drive on Saturday morning.

Two weeks at Disney then we do the whole thing in reverse!

I can't wait!
fuzzyjelly. i think i ate fuzzy jelly when i was a kid. i love your name! have a nice trip!!
Old 10-16-2011, 08:51 PM   #77
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwd Facing Tentacles View Post
Hi Dave,
It was great seeing both of you down there. We've been back for almost a week but I've been so busy this is the first chance I've had to read the thread. Having made the drive to LA I figured I'd just list the places I stop overnight for anyone who's interested. These allow you to leave each day after breakfast and get where you're going around dinner time with roughly 10 hours a day in the car. Westbound: Dayton OH, Springfield MO, Amarillo TX, Flagstaff AZ. Eastbound: Ceder City UT, Denver CO, Topeka KS, Richmond IN. There is really no difference distance-wise or time-wise between taking 70 or 40. These stops are for straight through drives. I've also done it with sightseeing and definitely recommend taking the time to see the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, and Hoover Dam, as well as some of the national parks in southern Utah.

Back to WDW, our trip was great, no driving delays to speak of. I think we're in the sweet spot construction-wise this year. All the big projects of the last few years, especially Jacksonville, are finished and the next group hasn't started yet. The weather was spectacular. It was a little warm the first few days but the last week was sunny, 85 during the day and 70 at night, and we left just before several days of rain arrived last weekend. No matter how much planning you do, when it comes to weather you just have to be lucky.
hi sarah and john!!! it was great meeting you guys as well. the weather was great and i think we brought a little home with us for a few days. i spent the weekend getting ready for winter. i hate winter. next time you guys get into the area, give us a call maybe we can get together for dinner or something? we are going back down in may and also tammy and i are going again for two weeks in september. we are going september 10th this time. see ya soon!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #78
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Gasoline price (regular) bump in these parts: up six cents in one day ($3.23 to $3.26); up ten cents in a week ($3.19 to $3.29).

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (40 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk
Old 10-17-2011, 07:58 PM   #79
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
Gasoline price (regular) bump in these parts: up six cents in one day ($3.23 to $3.26); up ten cents in a week ($3.19 to $3.29).

All the best.
Here they went from $3.32 to $3.44 then $3.49 two days ago.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:16 PM   #80
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angwill View Post
Here they went from $3.32 to $3.44 then $3.49 two days ago.
Quote:

All the best.
like the stock market today, gas fell also. it came down 8 cents.if it sticks, maybe we will see something in a few weeks. when the gas market goes up, it hits the pump in days. when the market drops, it waits to see whats going on and if it stays down,after 2 weeks, the price at the pump falls a few cents. just someone trying to make a buck. be it the gas man,electric man, disney, taxman,college, insurance man, i just keep smilin and payin.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:55 PM   #81
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
like the stock market today, gas fell also. it came down 8 cents.if it sticks, maybe we will see something in a few weeks. when the gas market goes up, it hits the pump in days. when the market drops, it waits to see whats going on and if it stays down,after 2 weeks, the price at the pump falls a few cents. just someone trying to make a buck. be it the gas man,electric man, disney, taxman,college, insurance man, i just keep smilin and payin.
Alas, I'm going to need three 15.3 gallon tankfulls this weekend. Long drive ahead.

All the best!
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (40 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk
Old 10-18-2011, 02:51 PM   #82
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Alas, I'm going to need three 15.3 gallon tankfulls this weekend. Long drive ahead.

All the best!
like the stock market today, it went up and so did gas. gas only went up about 2 cents per gallon. its about 2.76 so pending where you live and how much of a cut your state wants per gallon? my guess is you wont see a thing at the pump.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:50 PM   #83
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Since you guys are my "family" here on the DISboards, and some of my best DIS friends are here, I wanted to post this thread. Start at post #4 for my answer and keep reading.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2819248

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 10-18-2011, 07:07 PM   #84
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
Since you guys are my "family" here on the DISboards, and some of my best DIS friends are here, I wanted to post this thread. Start at post #4 for my answer and keep reading.

Love it
Old 10-18-2011, 08:27 PM   #85
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:

that was good sharon!!
Old 10-19-2011, 12:01 AM   #86
disneymarie
Its a rumour about the donuts...
Can we play Nancy Drew?

Quote:

Thanks for sharing the link Sharon, I had a good chuckle. My grandmother lived in Limerick during the late 60's after grandpop passed away. She moved down to be closer to my uncles that worked in Pottstown. I remember many a tupperware party at the trailer park behind the ice cream stand along the Hwy.

She went to Limerick chapel which had a great Saturday night teen center. Modeling a local program based off the wonderful times there.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:40 AM   #87
sticker231
DIS Veteran

Quote:

All the best.
Costco still has it for $3.23, just filled up.

OUR TRIPS TO WDW
OCTOBER 2005, APRIL 2006, OCTOBER 2006, MARCH 2007, JUNE 2007, OCTOBER 2007,
APRIL 2008, OCTOBER 2008, OCTOBER 2009, APRIL 2010, OCTOBER 2010, OCTOBER 2011, MAY 2012,OCTOBER 2012, OCTOBER 2013
Old 10-19-2011, 10:59 AM   #88
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticker231 View Post
Costco still has it for $3.23, just filled up.
The one at Stafford Square in Manahawkin?
We don't think they'll accept our BJ's membership card.

All the best.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:37 AM   #89
sticker231
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The one at Stafford Square in Manahawkin?
We don't think they'll accept our BJ's membership card.

All the best.
you don't need a membership for gas in NJ

OUR TRIPS TO WDW
OCTOBER 2005, APRIL 2006, OCTOBER 2006, MARCH 2007, JUNE 2007, OCTOBER 2007,
APRIL 2008, OCTOBER 2008, OCTOBER 2009, APRIL 2010, OCTOBER 2010, OCTOBER 2011, MAY 2012,OCTOBER 2012, OCTOBER 2013
Old 10-19-2011, 11:51 AM   #90
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticker231 View Post
you don't need a membership for gas in NJ
Thanks so much for that useful info!

All the best.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: