Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 08:34 AM   #31
rotlex
Is it summer yet?

Oh cool, I found you guys on the road again........

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss

Old 10-13-2011, 09:44 AM   #32
DVC-Don
DIS Veteran

Location: Saratoga County, New York and Poinciana (Solivita), Florida in the winters

Leaving tomorrow at 5 PM (EDT) from Upstate New York. It's just the wife and I and we should be overnighting in Delaware at about 11 PM. Saturday should get us to Savannah, Georgia by late afternoon. Sunday we should arrive at our home (20 miles south of WDW) around noon. It's about 1,300 miles one way.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2011, 10:07 AM   #33
Chuckles21
Earning My Ears

Embarking on our first trip to WDW next Sunday the 23rd. It will be myself, the wife and our two daughters 4 & 3. We live about an hour north of Milwaukee, WI and I plan on driving straight through which will be about 1,300 miles one way.

I have done some long trips before, but this will be my longest straight through. I am more worried about the girls but hope they sleep most of the night through making it easier.

I plan on taking I65 to Nashville and then shooting over to at Chattanooga for I75. Any hints/tips for me before we jet?
Old 10-13-2011, 10:40 AM   #34
nono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
nono, id be intrested on how your going and how you make out. keep us posted on your trip. a client of mine drove his motor home out to cal. but he went the southern rte. he planned for heat,cold,snow and rain. he got caught in a sand storm near rosewell new mex. hes said he was holding on to the wheel with two hands on one side of the wheel to keep it on the road. he thought his new motor home was destroyed by the sand blasts but there was no damage. he wanted t do the i80 rte but i think it was in late may and there was still snow out west in the mtns.
WOW! Yeah, I already threw out the I-80 route because to me, that means we should go to San Francisco! Where my MIL lives. I don't want to be setting any precedent or anything... In the next couple days, I'll PM you our preliminary idea of how it might go.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:19 PM   #35
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
Earlier in the year both dvczerfs and sharadoc were at WDW while we were there but we never managed to meet and say hello; perhaps we will.

All the best.
If I recall correctly, we got you to learn how to text!!!

Still didn't see each other. But then again, the Zerfs and Docs were in rooms right next to each other for 3 days at CR and never ran into each other, except for the peek over the railing while watching Wishes

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 10-13-2011, 03:14 PM   #36
msp2mco
Mouseketeer

Good luck! We are planning our first nonstop driving trip to WDW in December. We've been to WDW many times, but we have always flown in. I'm hoping for good weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckles21 View Post
Embarking on our first trip to WDW next Sunday the 23rd. It will be myself, the wife and our two daughters 4 & 3. We live about an hour north of Milwaukee, WI and I plan on driving straight through which will be about 1,300 miles one way.

I have done some long trips before, but this will be my longest straight through. I am more worried about the girls but hope they sleep most of the night through making it easier.

I plan on taking I65 to Nashville and then shooting over to at Chattanooga for I75. Any hints/tips for me before we jet?
Old 10-13-2011, 03:29 PM   #37
Kim in SPR
Mouseketeer

My DH and DDs 15 and 21 will be taking our 8th annual Thanksgiving drive from Saratoga Springs, NY to WDW this year leaving 11/17 and returning 11/26.

We drive I-95 non-stop (well a few stops!) and I believe, but don't quote me, it's a 1340 mile trip each way.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:44 PM   #38
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono View Post
WOW! Yeah, I already threw out the I-80 route because to me, that means we should go to San Francisco! Where my MIL lives. I don't want to be setting any precedent or anything... In the next couple days, I'll PM you our preliminary idea of how it might go.
how did you manage that!!! you on the east coast and the mil on the west coast?? you sir are a very lucky man!! one of these years tammy and i are going to make the drive. im thinking of doing a southern rte, stopping to see the canyon, the dam, sin city (not that i gamble but just to see it) and maybe the byou and disney land. if i can knock tammy out, get her on a short plane ride, i would like to see pearl harb. i wouldnt be in a motor home so i would have to have hotel resis. every night.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 10-13-2011, 03:46 PM   #39
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in SPR View Post
My DH and DDs 15 and 21 will be taking our 8th annual Thanksgiving drive from Saratoga Springs, NY to WDW this year leaving 11/17 and returning 11/26.

We drive I-95 non-stop (well a few stops!) and I believe, but don't quote me, it's a 1340 mile trip each way.
i have to ask, do you stay at saratoga springs in wdw?

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

Old 10-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #40
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
If I recall correctly, we got you to learn how to text!!!

Still didn't see each other. But then again, the Zerfs and Docs were in rooms right next to each other for 3 days at CR and never ran into each other, except for the peek over the railing while watching Wishes
And that was the last time I texted!

[Our countdown continues: not quite single digits.]

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (38 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:54 PM   #41
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And that was the last time I texted!

[Our countdown continues: not quite single digits.]

All the best.
i was the same way. now they got me hooked. its fun sitting on a disney bus and texting your wife if she see the guy over there falling asleep and drooling?

Old 10-13-2011, 03:57 PM   #42
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
i was the same way. now they got me hooked. its fun sitting on a disney bus and texting your wife if she see the guy over there falling asleep and drooling?
I will start texting when dvczerfs starts using capital letters in his replies!

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (38 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:53 PM   #43
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I will start texting when dvczerfs starts using capital letters in his replies!

All the best.
im an english major bc. i type with two fingers, one on each hand.its hard to hold the shift button down briana has been correcting my spelling and grammer since shes was in 7 th grade. i realy should take a few english class's at the com.college. im not proud of this but when i lost my mom when i was 15, i gave up on alot of things. school work was one of them. my father got sick just before i graduated from high school. i was a vo tech student so i went to high school for 1/2 day and worked in my trade the other half. luckly, i made it in my trade and worked my way up over the years and managed to make a very good living. but my grammer and typing is an area i need some work. its my fault, i did some stupid stuff when i was a teen and dont blame anyone but myself. until the days of computers and social networks, i never realy had to write or compose letters. i design hvac systems so i draw all day and do alot of math and just dont do enough writing. the best thing that came out of it is it showed briana how important english class was and critical writting. my biggest problem is i rush. my mind goes faster than my fingers and i dont go back and re read. it funny now i noticed this about myself, ive noticed one of the guys i deal with, who has made a good living over the years in the trade, put 3 girls through school, big house, has all the toys, i never seen him read or write anything. over the last 18 years ive been dealing with him, i never seen him write. ive come to know his wife and kids like family and one day i asked his wife. he cant read or write. hes 53 and graduated from high school, how can you not read or write anything? but after she told me that, it all feel into place. he would say, i cant see that, i dont have my glass's. i was shocked.

Old 10-13-2011, 05:15 PM   #44
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
im an english major bc. i type with two fingers, one on each hand.its hard to hold the shift button down
A very interesting personal tale, told from the heart.

Also had some academic issues as a youngster due to an immediate family health concern...way back when.

Fast forward to 2011: Looks like we both are doing well enough to get to WDW as many times as we have.

All the best.

Old 10-13-2011, 05:25 PM   #45
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
A very interesting personal tale, told from the heart.

Also had some academic issues as a youngster due to an immediate family health concern...way back when.

Fast forward to 2011: Looks like we both are doing well enough to get to WDW as many times as we have.

All the best.
i think wdw was the only thing i didnt give up on when i was teen for some reason. luckly i had tammy all these years. she put my butt back on track when i was a teen and still hasnt givin up on me yet.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: