Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #1501
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
Come on down! If you leave Monday night we'll see you Tuesday afternoon!
i said i was driving, not pushing the car!! leave monday at 6pm, ill be there tuesday for 10am breakfast!!!
Old 08-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #1502
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Come on down! If you leave Monday night we'll see you Tuesday afternoon!
in april of 2010, briana (tammy and i) bought a new chevy cobolt. we took the loan and briana made the payments. last month briana got it paid off!! she made all but maybe $300. worth of payments and those were birthday or christmas presents.
the kid made $400-$500 payments to get it paid off in two years. well, today we went to the notery and signed it over to her!!! she also went to the insurance company to get her own insurance. her insurance is $112 per month. shes smiling from ear to ear, signing all her paper work!!!
of course when the notery flip the bill around for $68.50 for title, tag transfer, she didnt have any money!!! i still ended up paying!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #1503
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
in april of 2010, briana (tammy and i) bought a new chevy cobolt. we took the loan and briana made the payments. last month briana got it paid off!! she made all but maybe $300. worth of payments and those were birthday or christmas presents.
the kid made $400-$500 payments to get it paid off in two years. well, today we went to the notery and signed it over to her!!! she also went to the insurance company to get her own insurance. her insurance is $112 per month. shes smiling from ear to ear, signing all her paper work!!!
of course when the notery flip the bill around for $68.50 for title, tag transfer, she didnt have any money!!! i still ended up paying!!!
That is a beautiful story, I'm getting teary-eyed LOL. Wish her good luck and congrats from us! She is a wonderful kid/young woman. You and Tammi are awesome parents, you must be SO proud of her.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 08-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #1504
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is a beautiful story, I'm getting teary-eyed LOL. Wish her good luck and congrats from us! She is a wonderful kid/young woman. You and Tammi are awesome parents, you must be SO proud of her.
like tammy said, " we have to love her, she aint goin anywhere, anytime soon."
she worked hard for it and the past few weeks has been working 38-45 hour weeks before school starts to get her account built back up.
she is learning how do deal with people and fellow employees.
some of the storys she comes home with.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:10 AM   #1505
rotlex
Is it summer yet?

Quote:
have a nice trip steve!!!
Thanks! The countdown is in progress!!!!!!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss

Old 08-08-2012, 07:18 AM   #1506
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's great! I am assuming she is in college now?
Old 08-08-2012, 07:34 AM   #1507
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Greetings from WDW!

Big news, of course, is the announcement of the new Fantasyland expansion opening on December 6!

We'll be driving back in December; however, an October drive comes first.

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (40 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk
Old 08-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #1508
sharadoc

Quote:
i said i was driving, not pushing the car!! leave monday at 6pm, ill be there tuesday for 10am breakfast!!!
Yeah, we'll be there Tuesday afternoon

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 08-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #1509
sharadoc

Quote:
like tammy said, " we have to love her, she aint goin anywhere, anytime soon."
she worked hard for it and the past few weeks has been working 38-45 hour weeks before school starts to get her account built back up.
she is learning how do deal with people and fellow employees.
some of the storys she comes home with.
Mike said - "that's one our country's future leaders!" She "GETS" it, she's awesome.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #1510
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
That's great! I am assuming she is in college now?
she starting her second year in a few weeks. first sem. she was a 3.8 and the second sem. she was a 3.5 and summer, 4.0. she took another english class this summer but she was proud she aced it.
fall of 2013 she is looking to tranfer to moravian in bethlehem. depends on how much money she wants to spend. moravian is only 53k a year.

Last edited by dvczerfs; 08-08-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #1511
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mike said - "that's one our country's future leaders!" She "GETS" it, she's awesome.
well, we looked at it this way, im an uneducated orphan and tammy never went to college and we had to work for everything (which isnt alot) we have.
wont kill her to work for what she wants. briana was a competitive dancer for 15 years so she learned how to work for something and every once in awhile you get that big trophy at the end. shes learning.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #1512
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
Greetings from WDW!

Big news, of course, is the announcement of the new Fantasyland expansion opening on December 6!

All the best.
have a great trip bc!!!! where are you staying this trip?
briana and i (and tammy but couldnt care less ) are doing the monorail loop!! we have hit the contemp (mk view) two times. the poly (mk view) this past may and now we want to hit the grand flor. in may of 2013. probably just 2-3 nights than a transfer over to okw.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #1513
Carriehas3
Earning My Ears

We ( DH, three kids and I) are driving down to Disney in Nov. It's a surprise trip for the kids so at first we planned on sending them to school 11/9 and picking them up early from school and hit the road anywhere from 10-12 am. BUT the family that we are meeting down there decided to get there for Friday night...they are flying so we want to get there then as well. DH is suggesting we leave after he has worked all day at 9 pm Thursday night...I suggested after reading some posts on here that we should shoot for 2-3 am thurs into friday. DH thinks this is a bad idea for two reasons...one being he thinks he wont sleep from when he gets home from work till 1 am or so because he will be excited and two to wake the kids in the middle of the night he thinks we will loose the WOW SURPRISE factor that we are going to Disney. Any suggestions/input on this??!!! Thank You!!

I copied this here after I started a new thread.....I figured here was best for this!!! Thanks!
Caleb (CJ) 8
Caleigh 7
Old 08-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #1514
sharadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
Greetings from WDW!

All the best.
Snuck this one in, did ya?? Will you still be there when we get in? We're still trying for that meet-up LOL.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:35 AM   #1515
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriehas3 View Post
We ( DH, three kids and I) are driving down to Disney in Nov. It's a surprise trip for the kids so at first we planned on sending them to school 11/9 and picking them up early from school and hit the road anywhere from 10-12 am. BUT the family that we are meeting down there decided to get there for Friday night...they are flying so we want to get there then as well. DH is suggesting we leave after he has worked all day at 9 pm Thursday night...I suggested after reading some posts on here that we should shoot for 2-3 am thurs into friday. DH thinks this is a bad idea for two reasons...one being he thinks he wont sleep from when he gets home from work till 1 am or so because he will be excited and two to wake the kids in the middle of the night he thinks we will loose the WOW SURPRISE factor that we are going to Disney. Any suggestions/input on this??!!! Thank You!!

I copied this here after I started a new thread.....I figured here was best for this!!! Thanks!
im not sure how long of a drive you have but for me, i cant drive through the night. i can leave at 3am and drive till 7pm when we arrive at wdw with no help. if your not use to driving all night, it can get real hard to keep your eyes open. the kids, if you would wake my dd up at 2am and tell her shes going to wdw, she would be in the car in 2 min. smiling from ear to ear. also consider what citys your going to hit and at what time. my east coast friends who drive i95 tend to sit in traffic which could hold you up for hours. but, if he can drive through the night and stay alert, thats the best way.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: