Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
blondestwolf
Earning My Ears

Question MNSSHP Candy Bag Question!

Gosh, I hope I got that acronym right!

I'm going to the Halloween Party for the first time this year, and I was hoping for some advice on the trick-or-treating... If you've been, did you bring your own bag for trick-or-treating? I know they give you a bag, but is it a small plastic bag that's going to cut into my hands all night? I know I will end up carrying the candy for myself and my companion, and I was contemplating bringing:

1. A soft fabric Halloween trick-or-treating bucket. Cute, but I am worrying about it spilling on the rides and carrying it in hand all night.
2. A basic utility tote. Not going to go with costumes, etc., but easy to deal with and alright to carry for a whole evening.
3. A smaller backpack. Very comfortable, a little bit of a hassle to get on and off constantly, but can carry other things easily and not block the front of my costume.

Or am I over-thinking this and are we really not going to end up with that much candy? What do you do?

I should probably also mention that I usually tour the parks bag-free...
blondestwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

On entry, CMs will give each person a small plastic bag that you can choose to use or not. Some find it not big enough, so they bring their own of any design with no problems whatsoever.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2011, 04:42 PM   #3
brookmey
I may live in the south, but I bleed maize and blue

You might be overthinking it just a bit.

You get a small bag, which ended up being fine for us because the trick or treat lines were long (on 9-27) and my kids didn't want to keep waiting in them. I also did not want my kids to come home with a bunch of candy that I would end up throwing out or giving away on Halloween.

So, if you just stick to the bags Disney gives you, then you can put a cap on the amount of candy you come home with.

The bag handles did not cut into our hands. If you're not used to touring with a bag, I would consider just using Disney's trick or treat bag. It all depends on your comfort level and if you really want to be carrying a heavy bag full of candy everywhere you go.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #4
MinniesYooHoo
With the cows and the chickens, they all sound like the dickens when I hear my little Minnie...YOO HOO!

The amount of candy you bring home is completely up to you. Yes, the candy lines are long. BUT, they move very fast. It's a constantly moving line so you can go through each line as many times as you would like. We were just at the September 30th party and it was sold out. We never waited in line longer than 10 minutes. More like 5 honestly. As far as the bags, we brought our own. My mom custom made all of our costumes and made coordinating bags so they were larger than those handed out by Disney. But I will say that you can ask for more bags throughout the evening. I hope this helps.

I've been Boo'd!!!
Me DH DD(8) Granny: G-Daddy: Charlotte Mr. Tanner(The closest we could get to a hamster!)
MinniesYooHoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:58 PM   #5
Chellymouse
Dis Veteran

The bags that Disney gives you are fine. We used them without a problem. Trick or treating is best done toward the end of the party, particularly after the first parade and HalloWishes. Use the time earlier in the party to see rare characters and ride. The lines for trick or treating diminish greatly later in the evening and the CMs tend to give bigger handfuls of candy!

[/IMG]
Chellymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:25 PM   #6
Princess Disney Mom
DIS Veteran

The bag they give is fine. You can get a second if youbneed. I always have a backpack and threw the candy bag in to make going on rides easier.
2006 - CR X 2/ DoubleTree WDW/ POFQ/ Music Resort
2007 - POP X 3/ Double Tree WDW
2008 - Disneyland/ BoardWalk / Off Site WDW
2009 - Offsite/Doubletree at WDW/CR/Boardwalk
2010 - Disneyland/ Doubletree WDW/HBC/ Music Resort
2011 - Hilton Bonnet Creek/ Port Orleans Riverside
2012 - Hilton Bonnet Creek
2013- Disneyland / Grand Floridian
2014 - Offsite/ Grand Floridian
Princess Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:55 PM   #7
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

This will be our 4th year going (we will be there Sunday the 17th!), and we have brought our own bags every year since the first. They're not that big, and I dont like the small handles. I prefer something I can carry over a shoulder, but thats just me. Yesterday we went to Walmart and I found some GREAT Halloween bags. They are the small backpacks, that have string handles, not sure if that makes sense? They had green, purple, orange and pink I think, and each had a different Halloween graphic on it. They are made of a canvas like material, and were a few dollars. I found them in with the Halloween costumes and accessories. These seem to be perfect, I got one for each of us, much easier to carry around all night, get on rides, etc.
Hillary12.8.07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:29 PM   #8
Sinderelly
Princess

We are bringing black canvas bags with a pirate skull/crossbones for our goodies. I thought these might be a little easier to carry than the plastic ones
Old 10-10-2011, 08:04 PM   #9
vossjemi
I LUV 2 Travel!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillary12.8.07 View Post
This will be our 4th year going (we will be there Sunday the 17th!), and we have brought our own bags every year since the first. They're not that big, and I dont like the small handles. I prefer something I can carry over a shoulder, but thats just me. Yesterday we went to Walmart and I found some GREAT Halloween bags. They are the small backpacks, that have string handles, not sure if that makes sense? They had green, purple, orange and pink I think, and each had a different Halloween graphic on it. They are made of a canvas like material, and were a few dollars. I found them in with the Halloween costumes and accessories. These seem to be perfect, I got one for each of us, much easier to carry around all night, get on rides, etc.

I saw and got some of these too!!! I figured the kids could use these backpacks for traveling as well...put their nintendos/leapster, journals, etc... in them. And then leave that stuff in the room and use them in the parks for trick or treating!! Cute and cheap!
vossjemi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mnsshp

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: