Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #631
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Love the update! Your DTD photos are fabulous (I don't think I've ever seen any DTD photos before come to think of it...) and it's super cool that people were stopping you guys like you were celebrities! You reception space looked amazing, and those centerpieces are so awesome! I love the subtle lightsaber touch, it's so perfect!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #632
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
The reception room looks great, fab centrepieces.
I thought they were pretty cool and they were way prettier than i had expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
Love the update! Your DTD photos are fabulous (I don't think I've ever seen any DTD photos before come to think of it...) and it's super cool that people were stopping you guys like you were celebrities! You reception space looked amazing, and those centerpieces are so awesome! I love the subtle lightsaber touch, it's so perfect!
Thank you so much for the compliments and I loved doing the DTD thing it was really fun.

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #633
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

•The DTD pics are awesome...I've never really seen any bridal pictures there before!
•Haha, you two were famous! Love that group picture with the teen group.
•The Fulton's private room is really pretty.
•Love all the decor you picked. Those peacock colors just look so nice together.
•YAY for a subtle touch of lightsabers! So cool.
•OF course you were at the Lion King table. I always think of you and your simba.
•Loved that you danced with your Mom and nephew...so cute!
•Mmm, the cheesecake looks so yummy.
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL December 2004 - DLR: Offsite December 2005 - DLR: Offsite August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter August 2010 - WDW: POP Century November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #634
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Excellent update. I love your lego store pics. Asolutely awesome.
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #635
tric8783
DIS Veteran

AH! I'm so overwhelmed with all the awesomeness I missed!! haha Everything looks so incredibly gorgeous! I'm irritated for you that your guests wouldn't clear the lobby like your planner told them to, even if you smiled and walked by quickly. ugh. Your first look pics look so fun, that was one of my favorite moments of our day too! The cereal toss worked great!! The baggies you put it in too!!

I love how much time you seemed to have for pictures, you really got to do a lot everywhere you went! Your reception seemed like the perfect space and touches for your group size! I hope everyone appreciated all your personal touches everywhere! We ended up being hugged by everyone at the end of the night too, it was so sweet! So glad everything went so amazing for you!!
Old 09-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #636
longwaybycarriage
Earning My Ears

Late to the party but, I have to say, your flowers...jaw-dropping. Just wow!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #637
Icecoldpenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleinad16 View Post
•The DTD pics are awesome...I've never really seen any bridal pictures there before!
•Haha, you two were famous! Love that group picture with the teen group.
•The Fulton's private room is really pretty.
•Love all the decor you picked. Those peacock colors just look so nice together.
•YAY for a subtle touch of lightsabers! So cool.
•OF course you were at the Lion King table. I always think of you and your simba.
•Loved that you danced with your Mom and nephew...so cute!
•Mmm, the cheesecake looks so yummy.
Aww he definitely is my Simba! The cheesecake was really good and the best part is you can order all the food we got off of their menu so we are definitely going to eat there more often

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Excellent update. I love your lego store pics. Asolutely awesome.
The lego store kicks butt and has great walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by tric8783 View Post
AH! I'm so overwhelmed with all the awesomeness I missed!! haha Everything looks so incredibly gorgeous! I'm irritated for you that your guests wouldn't clear the lobby like your planner told them to, even if you smiled and walked by quickly. ugh. Your first look pics look so fun, that was one of my favorite moments of our day too! The cereal toss worked great!! The baggies you put it in too!!

I love how much time you seemed to have for pictures, you really got to do a lot everywhere you went! Your reception seemed like the perfect space and touches for your group size! I hope everyone appreciated all your personal touches everywhere! We ended up being hugged by everyone at the end of the night too, it was so sweet! So glad everything went so amazing for you!!
The bags for the cereal toss were actually recycled from my dad's wedding in april. I ran around grabbing all of them once their confetti was thrown and took them home. We really did get a ton of pictures that randy guy just knows how to get stuff done! I think they appreciated it at least the ones that cared enough to notice. Wasn't the hug just way cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longwaybycarriage View Post
Late to the party but, I have to say, your flowers...jaw-dropping. Just wow!
Thank you so much I loved them! My vendor did a fabulous job.

TRIPS:
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Old 10-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #638
Icecoldpenguin

Day 4 Part 7: The part of the day where we devour sugar

The Dessert Party may have been my absolute favorite part of the whole entire wedding. Although the Lobster Bisque Soup was pretty darn amazing at Fulton's. The evening began with everyone getting ready after naps to go to the Dessert Party. It was time for me to put on my 2nd wedding dress that was short in the front and longer in the back. My feet were hurting so I took my heels with me but I ended up in my flip flops. Everyone except my brother and youngest nephew walked down to the bus stop at Old Key West and got on the bus to the Magic Kingdom. Once we were there we took the boat launch over to the Grand Floridian.

We walked over to the marina and got a glimpse at the Dessert Party area. My mouth dropped at how beautifully it was set up. Considering I had no expectations of what it would like I think they did a wonderful job.

[IMG]http:/http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt88/swr2kt/Fairy%20Tale%20Wedding%20Disc%207/file_zpse226cd72.jpg[/IMG]

The party itself was a blast once they let us into the area everyone grabbed table to sit at and moved around chairs so they could all hang out together. We encouraged everyone to dive in on the desserts and they seemed to be a great big hit. I had to try a little of everything but I was also trying to talk to everyone as well. Greg and I made sure to get a few helpings of Bananas Foster as they were making it right there in front of us. This was really cool to see and I enjoyed watching them flambe the bananas.

My favorite desserts of the night however were the miniature fruit tarts, the chocolate covered strawberries and the mini cheesecake bites. They were simply to die for and I want to do another dessert party at the Grand Floridian just for these tasty treats. We had so many people say how wonderful it was because the weather was nice and the desserts were yummy. The only part we did not get to enjoy with them was Wishes because we were whisked away to take pictures.

During the Dessert Party we put out the guest books again so if anyone missed signing them we could make sure they had time to sign them. This was a great idea because we were able to get more people to sign in them this way. When we got home we did notice that there were people that just did not sign them at all. Even though that hurt my feelings a little bit my guess is that with guests books you are never going to get everyone.

I made sure to get around and talk to everyone at least for a little bit and I am glad I did because I got to really say thank you to people for coming and being a part of our day. It was also amazing that our wedding planner came to the Dessert Party. We invited her and were unsure if she would come but she made it. One of the cool things the kids found out was that you can take the light up cube inside of the lanterns out and you can push a button to change it's color.

Continued on the next Post

TRIPS:
Old 10-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #639
Icecoldpenguin

Day 4 Part 7: Dessert Party Continued

As I said before shortly before Wishes we got whisked away for to what I believe is Sago Cay to take pictures. The pictures we got were wonderful and getting to watch wishes that way was a once in a lifetime opportunity. A lot of people say that you don't get to see the fireworks but we still did not all of them but it was enough. Having the music piped in to the marina was great because we could hear the soundtrack during the fireworks and it made it simply amazing. Here are some great fireworks pictures.

After fireworks we headed back over to the marina where everyone was simply raving about how awesome the fireworks show was. We ate more desserts and talked with family more. As the party wound down the cast member working the dessert party gave me all the mickey mouse head rice krispie treats to take home that were left over. They also gave me all of the little light up cubes from inside the lanterns and the small ones from inside the cylinders on the food tables. I thought this was so incredibly nice of them. We made sure to thank everyone that worked the dessert party and we even helped clean up so that there was not stuff lying everywhere. I think they really appreciated it. Once it was all over everyone left a little at a time and we said goodbye to everyone. My family that was staying at Old Key West left last and we walked to the Launch back to the Magic Kingdom so we could hope on a Resort bus. Everyone was tired at this point and the ride back was pretty uneventful. All I can remember is that once we got back to the room we changed clothes, my mom helped me take out my here and the 500 bobby pins. I washed my face and climbed into bed. Greg and I talked a little about how magical the day was and how happy we were but mostly we were just tired. So we fell asleep in each other's arms as a newly wed couple and couldn't wait to start the honeymoon.

Coming Up Next: The Wedding Aftermath...randomness that there is to tell from the day

TRIPS:
Old 10-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #640
djsmith
Mouseketeer

everythin looks absolutely delicious!!!! think the chocolate brownies made my mouth water the most! soooooo wish i could have a dessert party jus for them!

Also u'v got some amazin pictures with the fireworks hope they'r pictures an moments u treasure! I thought bout gettin pictures wi the fireworks but decided i'd prefer to watch the fireworks from the poly beach just the two of us as one of our first moments together as a married couple.

ps finally remembered was gonna pm u a bunch of questions lol so over to facebook i go an will pm u now

Debra
xXx

Our Wedding Planning Journal 4th June 2014
Debra Richard
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2985595
djsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #641
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Excellent Update! Maybe it's just me, but you're the first DP I've read that had their Wishes DP at the Marina! It looks like such a good viewing spot! Your pictures are stunning!

I've eaten at 98 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (40%)
Old 10-02-2012, 08:53 AM   #642
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Your fireworks photos are absolutely gorgeous!!

Your dessert party looked fabulous. I love how they put those stands under your desserts and lit them up, that is so cool! And what a smart idea you had bringing the guestbooks to the DP as well. I may have to steal that idea from you.
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #643
Icecoldpenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsmith View Post
everythin looks absolutely delicious!!!! think the chocolate brownies made my mouth water the most! soooooo wish i could have a dessert party jus for them!

Also u'v got some amazin pictures with the fireworks hope they'r pictures an moments u treasure! I thought bout gettin pictures wi the fireworks but decided i'd prefer to watch the fireworks from the poly beach just the two of us as one of our first moments together as a married couple.

ps finally remembered was gonna pm u a bunch of questions lol so over to facebook i go an will pm u now

Debra
xXx
I think watching them together alone will be perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Excellent Update! Maybe it's just me, but you're the first DP I've read that had their Wishes DP at the Marina! It looks like such a good viewing spot! Your pictures are stunning!
it really was a great place to view them from you can see the whole sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
Your fireworks photos are absolutely gorgeous!!

Your dessert party looked fabulous. I love how they put those stands under your desserts and lit them up, that is so cool! And what a smart idea you had bringing the guestbooks to the DP as well. I may have to steal that idea from you.
yes the light up stands were pretty kick a**! they looked really cool too!

TRIPS:
Old 10-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #644
Icecoldpenguin

Day 4 Part 8: The Glad I Did and Wish I didn't

Now is the time that I think everyone waits for the what would have done different part. So in order to do this in the most effective manner I am going to go through the following categories:
Glad I Did
Glad I Did Not
Wish I Did
Wish I Had Not
I feel like this will give the best look at my wedding planning and will help those of you still planning and those of you that just want to know what planning a Disney Wedding is like. So here we go......

GLAD I DID

*Chose Fulton's Crab House: I feel like this was one of the best decisions we made. The customer service we experienced was unparalleled. They were able to provide a great menu with more than enough food for a great price. We were also able to get sodas, kid's meals and vendor meals at the menu price which was very convenient. The service during the reception was amazing no one went thirsty or without whatever they needed because the servers were on their A game. The space for the group size that we had was perfect and the room to dance was more than adequate. The acoustics were wonderful and I am just so pleased with how it all turned out.

*Dessert Party with Disney's Catered Events: The company was just so easy to work with and they really exceeded my expectations. They worked with us to get a great menu that would cater to all our guests. They also decorated so beautifully without being told to do anything and to me it showed that they really cared about our event. All of the staff came and introduced themselves and made sure everything was taken care of for the whole event. We also got to take desserts home and I was so pleased with this as I was un-sure if that would happen. It was definitely worth the money we spent

*Took Time to take Pictures on Wedding Day: Some of my favorite pictures are the pictures from the wedding day itself. I am so glad that we took the time after the wedding to do pictures around the Swan area as well as Downtown Disney. I love the pictures with the pirate outside of the World of Disney. I also love the pictures with the LEGO Dragon. It was so much fun to run around Downtown Disney and have people treat us like celebraties. Getting to spend time together doing the photos was priceless and it gave us a chance to relax after the wedding

*A First Look: This helped calm my anxiousness and it really helped me feel like I was ready. We laughed a lot and I tried not to cry but it definitely was worth it. It helped us as a couple prepare for what was about to happen and seeing the confidence in his eyes helped me to breathe.

*Had my Checkerboard Vans: My vans were a life saver because my heels ended up killing my feet. If you are not used to heels and you are going to wear some I highly suggest having a back up pair of shoes

*Shipped My Dress to Carolyn Allen's: This took so much pressure off having to worry about getting the dress down to Florida. They showed up on time with my dress steamed. They did touch ups and they did Greg's suit. It was so easy and it took no time at all. Also having them come pick up the dress was another great decision because I did not have to figure out how to get the dress cleaned and back home on my own.

*Had A Welcome Party: We got so many compliments on the event simply for the fact that it allowed everyone to get to know one another. I think we picked a great venue and not only did it foster friendly competition but it got everyone into the Disney mood. I am glad that I split everyone up and put them in groups with people they did not know. It helped on wedding day for people to mix and mingle.

GLAD I DID NOT

*Have Characters: This was something that I really thought I wanted but we could not find it in our budget. Looking back on the wedding I am glad that I did not have them. The reason is that I just don't think they would have fit into the vibe of our wedding. I also think I would have been too preoccupied with them and I would have focused a lot of attention on them. I think with all the other things that were going on I would have just been distracted

*Pay for People's Hair and Makeup: This may seem like and odd thing but with all the changes that I had to my bridal party and to people who wanted services had I paid in advance or planned to pay I would have wasted quite a bit of money. I think making people be responsible for themselves was one of the best things we did.

*Cancel Video for the Dessert Party: I am really glad that I discussed the dessert party coverage with our videographer before canceling. After seeing that part of the video I am so glad that we have it especially since I had so much fun during that part of the day.

WISH I HAD

*Planned More Transportation: This was the one thing we really did not budget for because we figured that either people could figure it out on their own or we would just wing it with Disney Transportation or Cabs. This is the one area we really could have invested more funds just to make things easier. We either should have planned more private transportation or we should have scheduled cabs earlier.

*Added More Time to the Reception: We had 3 hours for the reception but I really wish we would have added 1-2 more hours to the reception. We had such a fun time and I think we could have danced more and had more time to eat dessert. Greg and I both wished the reception had been longer.

WISH I HAD NOT

*Done A Room Block: I did this purely to help my guests but we had so many people that decided not to come to the wedding that it ended up just being a lot of un wanted stress. I had to find a way for us to meet our block minimum and not end up having to pay money. The company never even contacted us after the event to make sure we did not owe anything.

*Scheduled A Family Day in the Parks: We did this the day after the wedding and it was a disaster. It put too much stress on us to try and please everyone. It ended up just being too much pressure and we should have been just enjoying each other. Instead we were trying to tie up loose ends with family. We should have just been done with family after our Ohana Breakfast.

As of right now this is all I can think of but if there are more things that come up I will be sure to add to the list. The best thing about the wedding is there is not very many things that we did not do that we wish we did and the converse is true we did not do much that we regret either. I think the wedding went as fluidly as possible and the best part is I really enjoyed it. If you have any questions about anything that happened please just ask. Feel free to email: Fangirlnextdoor@gmail.com

Coming Up: Vendor Reviews

TRIPS:
Old 10-02-2012, 10:03 PM   #645
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Glad I did is one of my favorite parts of reviews. Thanks for doing them!

I've eaten at 98 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (40%)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: