Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #616
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

Day 4 Part 3: The part of the day where we say I Do continued

The next two sections of posts for this part are picture heavy
Here are some images from the ceremony:

Our Program

My mom gave me away

The beauty and glory of the feather

Greg trying not to cry while reading his vows

Unity Chest

In memoriam of my uncle and great grandmother

I love this one!

You May Kiss the Bride!

Of course being the independent woman that I am I could not have Rev. Knox announce us as Mr. and Mrs. Greg Lutha so we were introduced as Greg Lutha and Teresa Delgado. I have no idea if this bothered anyone I would bet it probably did but oh well. We had to exit the platform to the title theme from Star Wars of course!

Married!

Be careful there walking down those stairs!

He had my hand very tight!

After the ceremony we did a lot of pictures with family and we kind of ended up having a receiving line where everyone came and gave us hugs. I was not really expecting that to happen but it did. We also had a staged exit where everyone threw Fruity Pebbles cereal at us as confetti. I have to thank my bridesmaid Faith Russell for putting all the cereal in the little bags. I know my nephews were happy about the cereal because they were getting hungry so they decided to eat some of our confetti. The cereal did great and it did not stain anything!

Here are some pictures:

Cereal Confetti

The Lutha Family

Greg and His Parents

My mom and dad

Moya (Mom's) Grandparents

More Coming Up

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #617
Icecoldpenguin

Bridesmaids!

Delgado (Dad's) Grandparents

Brother

Being Normal

The Best Boys Ever

Bridal Party

Yum

Cereal Dress

I noticed it and was going to shake it off and was told by Randy Chapman to leave it

Pretty!

Once the ceremony was over and the staged exit was done it was time for everyone to go get into the Black Mears Vans that we hired to take everyone to Downtown Disney. While that was being taken care of Randy took Greg and I off to go take pictures!

Coming Up in Part 4: Picture time at the Swan!

Teresa

TRIPS:
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite

Last edited by Icecoldpenguin; 09-21-2012 at 02:01 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 05:50 PM   #618
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Love all of your pictures so far! I actually teared up a bit when I watched the video Stan posted on his Facebook.

The unity chest is such a great idea...I must've missed you posting about it previously.

The tripping pictures are priceless! I'll probably have a few of those myself.
LyndsayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #619
Icecoldpenguin

Day 4 Part 4:The Part of the Day where we Take Pictures with Swans

This is primarily a picture post. Once our guests and family left to go to the reception we spent a good bit of time at the Swan taking pictures. So many gorgeous pictures came out and I could not be happier that I had the photographer that we had.

We took pictures on the bridge leading to the Boardwalk then we turned around and did pictures over at Crescent Terrace. We also did some pictures with the architecture of the Swan itself. I hope you enjoy the barrage of pictures.

We took a lot more really cool pictures and they are up on my facebook or you can visit this link to the album on Photobucket

Coming Up: We Take over Downtown Disney

TRIPS:

Last edited by Icecoldpenguin; 09-27-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:17 AM   #620
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Absolutely lovely!
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:26 PM   #621
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

You're pictures are stunning! It looks like the weather was beautiful and you both look so happy

Check Out My Planning Journal!!!

tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #622
snowmanlover
DS was in the CP and LOVED it!

I just had to post and say what a BEAUTIFUL bride you were! Your dress, flowers and shoes were BEAUTIFUL!! Very handsome groom, too! Your pictures are beautiful, too!

Wishing you both, nothing but the BEST as you begin married life!

DH and I honeymooned at DW 35 year's ago!
snowmanlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #623
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

•I absolutely LOVE the cereal confetti pictures. I love the one where you are trying to catch them in your mouth, haha! But the colors are really fun, too!
•The pics around the Swalphin are so pretty. I really wanna stay there someday!
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL • December 2004 - DLR: Offsite • December 2005 - DLR: Offsite • August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas • May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs • September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo • May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter • August 2010 - WDW: POP Century • November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event • March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip • May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL • November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding • May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach • September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach • October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event • February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation • May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #624
Icecoldpenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Absolutely lovely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydancr06 View Post
You're pictures are stunning! It looks like the weather was beautiful and you both look so happy
The weather was amazing! Sure it was hot but that was not really a problem! We had such a fabulous time

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanlover View Post
I just had to post and say what a BEAUTIFUL bride you were! Your dress, flowers and shoes were BEAUTIFUL!! Very handsome groom, too! Your pictures are beautiful, too!

Wishing you both, nothing but the BEST as you begin married life!

DH and I honeymooned at DW 35 year's ago!
Oh wow amazing! Then you would love our honeymoon report that is coming up soon. I hope you keep following and I hope you enjoy what you see

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleinad16 View Post
•I absolutely LOVE the cereal confetti pictures. I love the one where you are trying to catch them in your mouth, haha! But the colors are really fun, too!
•The pics around the Swalphin are so pretty. I really wanna stay there someday!
I want to stay there too! We were considering staying there in november but there are no openings so it looks like value resort here we come!

Teresa

TRIPS:
Old 09-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #625
xAshleyx
Mouseketeer

Hey Teresa ! I love following your PJ. I'm looking into being. S&D/ Fultons bride myself :-)
Did you guys book a private room in Fultons ? Or just make regular reservations ? Did you have a F&B minimum ? A set menu - or did you all order off the menu ?
Thanks so much for any info ?!
I'm so lost with the planning

xAshleyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #626
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

So, so many gorgeous portraits! And I love all the details of your ceremony elements and decor. Beautiful!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:04 AM   #627
Icecoldpenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAshleyx View Post
Hey Teresa ! I love following your PJ. I'm looking into being. S&D/ Fultons bride myself :-)
Did you guys book a private room in Fultons ? Or just make regular reservations ? Did you have a F&B minimum ? A set menu - or did you all order off the menu ?
Thanks so much for any info ?!
I'm so lost with the planning
We did have a private room up on the top deck. We did have a minimum I will need to find our contract to figure out what it was. It was not much though maybe 2,000 I will have to look though. We looked at the group menus they offered and there was one really liked but we added some options and switched a couple of things up. The food was amazing and there was so much of it. The kids ordered off the kids menu when they got there and our guests were allowed to order sodas, we were just charged for the sodas that were ordered on the day of the reception after it was over and that is when we paid for the kids food also. We have a swan and dolphin group on facebook you should join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
So, so many gorgeous portraits! And I love all the details of your ceremony elements and decor. Beautiful!
Thanks girly!

Teresa

TRIPS:
Old 09-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #628
Icecoldpenguin

Day 4 Part 5: The Part of the Day where We Attack Downtown Disney

After the photos at the Swan hotel Greg and I got into our personal car that was waiting for us. The car took us over to Downtown Disney where we met Randy and Stan. Also one of the planning assistants met us over by the LEGO store because she was going to help me with my bouquet and dress. She also was going to be a go between in case any Disney Castmembers came up to us to tell us we could not take pictures. Luckily for us we never ran into that problem. As we waited in the air conditioning of the LEGO store we had several customers come up and ask if we got married at Disney today. We of course said yes and they said congratulations. Once Randy arrived we were off to go take pictures all around Downtown Disney but we had to be back over at the Reception by 1pm.

Walking around downtown disney in a wedding dress is a sure fire way to make you a celebrity for a little bit. So many people said congratulations I got really tired of saying "thank you". There were also some people that wanted to take a picture with us. It was kind of strange but also pretty fun so we took pictures with them.

We had such a blast and there are so many great places to take pictures if you get a chance to do a shoot there I highly recommend it.

-Teresa

Coming Up: Yummy Crab Legs and Dancing the Night Away

TRIPS:
Old 09-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #629
Icecoldpenguin

Day 4 Part 6: The Part of the Day Where We Dine & Dance

After taking pictures around the Downtown Disney area and saying "Thank You" about 5,000 times to people as they congratulated us it was time to go get ready to enter our reception. The reception was to start a 1pm that would be when food was served. Our guests were already up and seated and talking just waiting for us. We entered Fulton's went up the stairs and into the private room that we were not using. It was here that I took off my garters and got some air under my dress because man were my legs hot. We took off my veils, bustled my dress and put the peacock feather clip in my hair. When we were ready Diana led us to the door and then our DJ started playing our entrance song "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride" from Lilo & Stitch.

After we were introduced we went straight into our first dance which was to our song "I See The Light" from Tangled. It was fun to do that first and when you are up there dancing while everyone stares at you it feels like the song is really long. In actuality that song really is not that long I think it is about 3 minutes and 44 seconds long which really is NOT that long.

you can see the room here

After our dance it was time to sit down (finally) and eat. It was great to sit down and what made it even better was our table was full of my friends and our brothers. It made lunch for us easy going and not stressful. The wine goblets my mom had made by her pottery friend were set out at our seats, our boxes of skittles were at our places and the special menus Fulton's printed with our names and wedding date were also there. Everything was so beautiful. I looked around and the centerpieces were gorgeous the feathers in the napkins the linens looked stunning and it all just went together so well. I was so happy! Here are some pictures of the reception room:

Our goblets

This table was filled with our seating game boxes

The entire room

Aladdin Table you can see my DIY coloring pages for table names in the frame

Also to discuss this I chose the table linen and then off set it with a matte chair cover of a similar color. The centerpieces are tall with blue gel to simulate blue lightsabers with out using blue lightsabers.

The bridal table we had a purple centerpiece to simulate a purple light saber

Also here you can see that our two chairs have a slightly different chair cover we went with a marine blue but in a different fabric and we used a sash to designate the importance of the chairs. We were the Lion King table.

Back to blue centerpiece and the Little Mermaid table

The boxes for the seating game they had a person's name on the outside and on the inside was a decorated wooden star with a character name. They had to match that character to one of the three tables to find where they would sit. We also added skittles under the star.

The entire room from the other direction

Our Guest Book Table

The table sign for the Lion King table

napkin and menu detail

Favors

detailed shot of the Little Mermaid table sign

detailed shot of the Aladdin table sign

The food was delicious we had a chicken, fish and crab option for our guests and of course Greg and I had to have the crab. The crab was actually very very good and I could have kept eating but I knew we had to move things along. I love the food at Fulton's and it definitely did not disappoint.

We had toasts from Greg's brother, my maid of honor and my mom. My mom seemed to feel a little awkward about doing it but it only made sense she say something. The toast from Greg's brother was great I was a little nervous of what he might say but he did a good job. Salina my maid of honor just made me tear up because she really was just so happy for us. My mom did a great job and said some wonderful things. Of course she called me up to stand with her and I am so glad she did because if she hadn't we would have just been crying separately and instead we got to cry together.

Once the meals were done we got to start dancing! Woo hoo I love dancing and I don't think I really stopped dancing once we started. The first dance was with my dad to Trashin the Camp from Tarzan. I had told him in advance what it would be and said he should listen to it. From his reaction he totally did not listen to it. I think he was expecting the traditional slow song and instead we got a fun upbeat song. It was fun though we laughed a lot.

The next song would be my dance with my Mom. She was holding my nephew and he did not want to get put down so he joined in on our dance to In My Daughters Eyes by Martina McBride.

The next dance would be for Greg and his mom this dance would also lead into all the guests joining in on the dance floor. They danced to Somewhere Over the Rainbow performed by Katherine McPhee.

It would be at this point that everyone got up to dance so I had a dance with my brother and then from there the party just let loose. We had so much fun and danced SO SO SO much. The only regret I have is that we did not lengthen the reception. We should have made it one hour longer just so we could have danced more and had more time to eat dessert. Dessert was served after the dancing started it was yummy cheesecake and I only got a few bites. During this fun dancing time my nephew and I did the wobble together and tried to teach the 2 year old. That was a blast!

At the end of the reception our DJ Maria Shafer, I forgot to mention who our DJ was (she was so amazing by the way), said it was time for the last slow dance of the afternoon and it was to Can You See the Love Tonight. Only for this dance Greg and I were to dance in the middle of a circle of all our guests and they were belting out the lyrics to the song while we danced. Once the song was over we got a great big group hug. This was amazing to me because I had never seen it done before and it was just so cool. This is why I loved our intimate wedding little tid bits like this.

Once the reception was over we took some pictures with Randy. The boys took some out on the boat deck and then the girls as well. After all of this was done we had to figure out clean up. Diana was boxing everything up and we were deciding what to keep. I really wanted to just get back to Old Key West to rest for a while before the dessert party. So once we bagged some stuff up for us to take to the room my mom, Greg and I made our way out of Fulton's and walked to the boat launch that would take us to Old Key West from Downtown Disney. That is right folks I rode on the boat in my wedding dress! Once we got back to the resort we were able to get one of the golf cart guys to drive us back to Turtle Pond where we were staying so we could go to our room.

Greg helped me out of my dress and I found a way to lay down for a while...man was I exhausted.

We had to be up and get dressed to go to the Dessert party later so everyone took advantage of the down time we will have and I think it was a good idea to space the events out and give people some time to breathe.

There are so many more pictures you can follow this link the pictures of the reception on my photobucket.

Coming Up Next: Fireworks, Desserts and Wishes Oh My!

Teresa

TRIPS:
Old 09-28-2012, 09:09 AM   #630
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

The reception room looks great, fab centrepieces.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: