Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2012, 11:33 PM   #571
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirlLost View Post
Love the AoA pictures! Can't wait to see/read more!
Thanks girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
Fantastic start on the PJ!

That letter from Ashley Eckstein is so awesome! I love clone wars! I had no idea she was a Disney bride, that makes it even more fabulous.

Looking forward to reading more!
you love clone wars really? Have you seen the trailer for season 5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleinad16 View Post
•Love the card! What a nice keepsake!
•I love flying JetBlue. Haven't tried pop corners yet, must find some!
•OKW looks pretty nice...I'll have to stay there at some point. I would love being close to DTD by boat.
go to pop corners.com!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Yay! You started!!
YAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
Great start! It looks like a lot of fun. I really enjoyed T-Rex too, because the atmosphere is so cool! But you're probably right that it's not the best for meeting and talking to people for the first time. Also, your pictures look great - you have some really good night shots!
Thanks for the pictures compliment! And not it is not the best place to meet people but it helped with my awkwardness because I did not HAVE to talk

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:54 PM   #572
Icecoldpenguin

Day 2: The Day In Which We Welcome Our Guests

We woke early this day because we had promised my nephew that we would take him to Hollywood Studios for rope drop. Well we decided the best way to do this would be to just take a cab to the park. While we waited for the cab I noticed all the shell imprints in the side walk at Old Key West so naturally I just started shooting.

I had to take the following two pictures because my husband just has too fantastic of a smile for me to not take a picture. I also had to get my nephew because he is just that awesome.

My nephew was intrigued by my camera the whole trip and decided to take some pictures of Greg and I before we headed out.

I have only ever been to rope drop for a park at Star Wars Weekends so it was kind of interesting to see what they did or if they even did anything. Well this day they brought out stitch/donald and daisy. We naturally had to get a picture with Stitch (he is my favorite).

When we got in the park we had to go straight back to Toy Story and get fast passes and then of course we had to ride it. After that we went and ate at Fairfax Fare because they always have some sort of breakfast option. Nate is not a big roller coaster guy so we knew we would not be able to go on tower of terror or rock n roller coaster. We decided to of course ride Star Tours and then we headed over to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area.

I love Anty

COOKIE

We went back to Toy Story Mania to use our fast passes and I discovered that after my surgery my right arm just can not do Toy Story Mania twice in one day my muscles can't handle it. We also saw Muppetvision 3D which I had never seen before. I actually loved it and especially loved Beaker. I really wish there had been more Gonzo though.

We were very hungry at this point and we went and ate over at the Yacht Club but I do not remember what the place was called. It felt like we were on Disney transportation forever heading back to our resort.

Once we got back to our resort it turns out that my family had already arrived at Old Key West. We met up with them and discovered Disney had honored my requests to have their rooms near ours and all of us on the first floor. It was pretty awesome that everyone was so close. So we decided to wait a little while before we headed over to Coronado Springs to eat at the Maya Grill. Turns out this was a bad idea because we would end up being late to our dinner reservation by about 30 min. due to Disney transportation, bus driver trainees and the sometimes horrible bus schedule. Luckily for us though we would be meeting up with Michelle Sanchez (disbride) and she was already at Coronado and had advised them that we were running late.

Coronado Springs is such a beautiful resort and the food was actually pretty good and they are very accommodating. My nephew is only used to certain kinds of mexican and more of the tex-mex flavor so going somewhere that they did not serve chips and queso was kind of difficult for him. However, they were able to bring him exactly what he asked for. They also had an amazing guitarist!!!

One of the best parts of this section of the trip was getting to meet Michelle. She is one amazing person and I feel so blessed to have had her at our wedding. She made dinner very interesting and definitely delighted us with some wonderful stories.

My Family

My amazing mother

Best grandparents in the world

After we were done at dinner we knew that we needed to get to Fantasia Mini Golf which is not far from Coronado so we just got a cab (van) and rode over there. When we got there we had to figure out the logistics. I did not call ahead for this so we just decided to wing it. We had to figure out exactly how many people were coming and I had forgotten my spreadsheet that showed who had confirmed. We figured out that there were 19 of us total but not everyone was going to play. This was our first big encounter with all of our family together and it was slightly difficult trying to make sure that we were talking to everyone.

Greg went off to talk to the people who run the miniature golf course to figure out what the best way to do this would be and that is about the time that my Aunt Della showed up. She is so amazing and I am so glad that she was there for the wedding as well. She definitely knows who to light up any party.

Greg determined that we could use our annual passes and get everyone a discount that was going to play so instead of $12 they would play for $6. The original plan had been for everyone to pay for their own golf but last minute Greg changed his mind and he just went ahead and paid for everyone. So we set up groups of 4 I think we had 4 groups of 4 and they each had a specific tee time. Mini golf gets packed at night so we had to wait about 30 minutes for the first tee time. I grouped everyone up and I tried to mix it up so that everyone was with someone that they did not know. This way it would force everyone to get to know other people.

From the feedback we got from everyone they really loved the miniature golf they felt like it was a great way to meet the family and it gave everyone something to bond over. Here are some pictures that I took. I am sure Michelle has more from this event.

Aunt Della

Steve

Greg and Michelle

Mandi

Michelle

Once everyone finished playing we brought everyone together and announced details about the rehearsal the next day and the rehearsal lunch so that everyone would be aware. We thanked everyone for coming out and that we were so grateful.

Greg had been whispering in my ear all night that we should go to the Magic Kingdom for Extra Magic Hours that night. We decided this would be a good idea and we just kept this little outing to the younger ones of the group. So my brother Jeff, Michelle, Steve, Mandi, Greg and I all headed out to the Magic Kingdom.

My brother needed to eat first he had arrived at putt putt later because his flight was a later flight and he was hungry.

Casey's can be so good

We were actually pretty productive on the particular extra magic hour night. We managed to get Space Mountain, the teacups, haunted mansion, thunder mountain, splash mountain and the jungle cruise all done in a relatively quick amount of time.

The tea cups were very interesting because it is very hard to fit 4 adults in one teacup it really is not a great idea. Also it is not a good idea to have the boys spin the cup as fast as it will go. Also I highly suggest not trying to film the tea cup spinning from inside the cup it takes your focus off trying to not get dizzy. We felt really bad because we made Michelle VERY VERY dizzy and I don't think the rest of the night was very enjoyable for her. She does have a good video of the spinning though which I would love to see again.

Greg really wanted to stop for a dole whip before we left so we did that then made sure to get a photopass picture before we left and went home. After all I was going to need to get up early to get ready for the rehearsal so staying out late was probably not a good idea.

We had an absolute blast and I am so glad that we decided to go out before the wedding day I think it helped everyone feel more comfortable with each other.

Until next time,
Teresa

Coming Up: Day 3: The day in which we rehearse, eat and take a 2 year old to see the castle

TRIPS:
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #573
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Sounds like an awesome day.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:19 PM   #574
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

I just want you to know I'm still reading along!

•Oooh, I checked out the website, popcorners look really yummy. I'm flying Jet Blue in 21 days...I hope I get to try some!
•Your nephew is pretty good at taking photos...the one of you and Greg is great!
•I've never been to the HISTK play area. The giant toys are so fun looking.
•Yayy, I love mini golf! Super fun.
•Glad you got to meet up with all the great DISbrides!
•VERY CUTE castle picture. You and Michelle look great!

Can't wait for more!!!
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL December 2004 - DLR: Offsite December 2005 - DLR: Offsite August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter August 2010 - WDW: POP Century November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #575
tric8783
DIS Veteran

I love all the shells imprinted all over OKW too! I love that they really thought to do that You and Greg are so awesome for taking your nephew down with you and taking him to the park just you guys, I'm sure he'll remember that forever and how special it was.

Looks like dinner and mini golf were successful! We haven't played at that course in so long, maybe next time we'll have to go one night! Glad everyone had a good time and let loose a little!

So fun you guys headed over to MK for some adult fun! Day 3, where are you?
Old 07-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #576
Jilian
DIS Veteran

Aww, you guys are so cute! I think it is really sweet that you took your nephew to the park too. He must have had so much fun! Golf looks like it was a lot of fun too. Can't wait to read more! I'm dying to hear how the wedding day went, more, more MOAR!

Adventures in vow renewal planning! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2727345
Jilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:46 AM   #577
jessiegirl84
Mouseketeer

Looks like you guys had a great day!
I didn't notice the Honey I shrunk the Kids play area in December when we were there, so when were are there in September I am going to check it out, its so cool ! I loved that movie!
Also the mini golf looked like so much fun and sounds like it was a hit with your wedding guests, we might have to look into that too!
I can't wait to hear more !!

Jess & Dave - 2 Aussies engaged and married in the most magical place on earth!
jessiegirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #578
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Helloooooooooooooo Mrs. Lutha, I'm still waiting!!!
Old 08-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #579
Icecoldpenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Sounds like an awesome day.
We had som much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleinad16 View Post
I just want you to know I'm still reading along!

•Oooh, I checked out the website, popcorners look really yummy. I'm flying Jet Blue in 21 days...I hope I get to try some!
•Your nephew is pretty good at taking photos...the one of you and Greg is great!
•I've never been to the HISTK play area. The giant toys are so fun looking.
•Yayy, I love mini golf! Super fun.
•Glad you got to meet up with all the great DISbrides!
•VERY CUTE castle picture. You and Michelle look great!

Can't wait for more!!!
Have you tried the popcorners? I found out where they sell them in big bags here at home I think I have an addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by tric8783 View Post
I love all the shells imprinted all over OKW too! I love that they really thought to do that You and Greg are so awesome for taking your nephew down with you and taking him to the park just you guys, I'm sure he'll remember that forever and how special it was.

Looks like dinner and mini golf were successful! We haven't played at that course in so long, maybe next time we'll have to go one night! Glad everyone had a good time and let loose a little!

So fun you guys headed over to MK for some adult fun! Day 3, where are you?
Day 3 is coming in just a few minutes. I hope he remembers it I really do! Adult time was sooo needed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
Aww, you guys are so cute! I think it is really sweet that you took your nephew to the park too. He must have had so much fun! Golf looks like it was a lot of fun too. Can't wait to read more! I'm dying to hear how the wedding day went, more, more MOAR!
More is coming Day 3 is on it's way! Finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiegirl84 View Post
Looks like you guys had a great day!
I didn't notice the Honey I shrunk the Kids play area in December when we were there, so when were are there in September I am going to check it out, its so cool ! I loved that movie!
Also the mini golf looked like so much fun and sounds like it was a hit with your wedding guests, we might have to look into that too!
I can't wait to hear more !!
Definitely do mini golf and take the time to go through the play area!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tric8783 View Post
Helloooooooooooooo Mrs. Lutha, I'm still waiting!!!
It is coming girl!!

TRIPS:
Old 08-17-2012, 10:45 PM   #580
Icecoldpenguin

Day 3 Part 1: The part of the day where we rehearse and dine!

The day of the rehearsal began with Carolyn Allen's showing up with my dress. They had already confirmed that they had received it and the initial steaming was done at their shop. When they arrived they just had to do touch ups and also steam Greg's suit. I was so happy with them. My dress looked phenomenal I had always loved the dress but every time I have ever had it on it was wrinkled. Once they steamed it out it was drop dead gorgeous. They made conversation with everyone we had the dress staging area in my mom's room so that Greg would not see it. They were really careful and they made sure that they steamed out every inch of my dress.

Once they were done I had to get dressed super fast because we had to get over to the Swan for the Rehearsal at 11pm. We decided that the best way to get to the Swan would be to get cabs. Greg called for cabs and we were all in such a rush. I was struggling to get my hair wavy and get makeup on I did not want to go to my rehearsal looking shabby.

We actually made it in the cabs on time...well everyone did but me. I was the last one out of the rooms and running from the room to the cab that was waiting in the parking lot near our room.

We got to the Swan and everyone started meeting around the fountain. When Faith arrived with her wonderful mom they brought all the boxes I had shipped. Diana took them over with her 3 other planners that came for the rehearsal. They sorted stuff out of what needed to go where because on the day of my wedding one of them would take stuff to Fulton's to set that stuff up. Another that was helping Diana would set all the ceremony stuff up and the third would be running the iPod while Diana took care of me. So they all needed to know what was going where.

Diana did a fabulous job walking us through every bit of our ceremony. There was not one bit that she missed. It was clearly obvious she had made sure she knew every bit of the ceremony and that she had gone over it with our officiant in advance. The rehearsal was such a breeze Greg and I both felt very at ease and I just knew in my heart there was nothing to worry about for the big day. If only I had anticipated that tripping would be possible....anyway.....

We did not get many pictures during the rehearsal but I did get one with my girls. The only one not in this picture is my Maid of Honor Salina. The reason for this was because this picture is a Disbrides picture. It was pretty amazing to see this and to see that there were 4 of us at the wedding. Two of these wonderful girls are women that I met through our Disney Brides discussion forums and Facebook groups and they have become some of my closest friends! Mandi is my future sister in law and also a Disney Bride she and I will forever have a bond that I am so thankful for. I love her as if she were my real sister.

After we walked through everything the crew from the rehearsal which was essentially everyone that would be at the wedding took off to go catch a bus to Downtown Disney. It was pretty fun to fill up a Disney bus with wedding fun!

We all walked to Portobello's and they seated us in the back to the left in the restaurant. We were seated at 3 different tables all in the same area so it was nice because it split things up. I made sure to have some time where Greg and I could just sit with our Bridal Party and friends. This was nice because the stress of trying to please all the family was starting to get to me and I needed to breathe. I am sure that I upset at least one of the parents or family members but I did not really care. I needed to take care of me. We ordered appetizers and OMG were they amazing. If you go to Portobello's please try their Mozarella Rice Balls. The food was really good I was very impressed and everyone else seemed to agree. The fathers (greg's and mine) both made toasts that were wonderful and touching. The only other major thing that happened at the rehearsal was when Faith smashed her thumb in the bathroom!!! Would she be able to walk down the aisle now???? HAHA just kidding but we did joke about it.

Faith's poor thumb! Put some lemon on it!

The rest of the day will take a while to tell the story because this would be the first excursion into the Magic Kingdom with my family EVER!!! So that will be saved for Day 3 Part 2.

Coming Up: Venturing into the world of Disney Fantasy with my Family

TRIPS:
Old 08-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #581
djsmith
Mouseketeer

hi teresa i'm finally finished reading ur pj all the way from start until now, everythins turned out great!

can not wait to read more more more i'm loving every detail of ur trip so far!
an now that u have the discs of ur pictures on facebook they r also lookin amazin an i cant wait to see the rest!

its great that u took ur nephew with u an i'm sure that day at hollywood studios will b remembered forever by him. he is also good with the camera thats a lovely picture of u an greg he took.

the mini golf looks so much fun i cant wait to try it when we go!

i'm so glad all the family got on an mixed well, an u shouldnt worry about offending anyone by sitting wi greg an the bridal party, u needed 2 relax an enjoy ur meal an people should understand that an that u cant b a social butterfly all the time sometimes u need to relax instead of worryin about speakin to everyone

do just marry do a rehersal for all weddings at the swan or was this just somethin that u asked for?

cant wait for the next part

xXx
djsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #582
Icecoldpenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsmith View Post
hi teresa i'm finally finished reading ur pj all the way from start until now, everythins turned out great!

can not wait to read more more more i'm loving every detail of ur trip so far!
an now that u have the discs of ur pictures on facebook they r also lookin amazin an i cant wait to see the rest!

its great that u took ur nephew with u an i'm sure that day at hollywood studios will b remembered forever by him. he is also good with the camera thats a lovely picture of u an greg he took.

the mini golf looks so much fun i cant wait to try it when we go!

i'm so glad all the family got on an mixed well, an u shouldnt worry about offending anyone by sitting wi greg an the bridal party, u needed 2 relax an enjoy ur meal an people should understand that an that u cant b a social butterfly all the time sometimes u need to relax instead of worryin about speakin to everyone

do just marry do a rehersal for all weddings at the swan or was this just somethin that u asked for?

cant wait for the next part

xXx
Wow I am so impressed that you have read through the whole thing that is quite an undertaking! But I am so glad!

To answer your question I set up the rehearsal lunch on my own with a little help from my planner. I decided I wanted to do a rehearsal there because they are the same food company as Fulton's. This would also give me the opportunity to show everyone where the reception would be the day before. My planner got it arranged with the lady that runs special events for Fulton's and Portobello's because she was also handling our wedding. So I did not have to make and ADR through disney the restaurant just set it up and they allowed us to use the regular lunch menu instead of making us use a special event menu. It was very awesome!

TRIPS:
Old 08-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #583
Icecoldpenguin

Day 3 Part 2: The part of the day in which the Magic Kingdom brings out the smiles!

After the Rehearsal my Dad and I decided that we wanted to cancel our dinner that we had set up with his side of the family as everyone was full and that meal would be in a couple of hours. We all agreed that this free time was the only space of free time that many people would have so we all agreed to all just do our own things. My mom's side of the family along with Greg and I headed back to Old Key West we all wanted to change clothes and get some rest. The little ones needed naps. So we decide when we got back that we would add a day of tickets to my brother, nephews and mom's tickets and when everyone was rested we would go to the Magic Kingdom! As many of you know I really wanted to take my 2 year old nephew there since this would be his first trip and I did not want him to miss it. My brother also did not want him to miss it so this is what we decided to do!!

Once everyone was rested and up it was time to go! So we headed off to the bus stop to go get on a bus to the Magic Kingdom!

Found this on Youtube just to get you amped for what is about to happen! Watch this first and fast forward the video to the :30 second mark

As we arrive at the Magic Kingdom I handed out tickets and when we got through the ticket turn styles the kids are asking are we there yet??

We stop for some much needed pictures:

It was pretty amazing to take these pictures with my mom, brother, 2 munchkins and my future husband all together. I honestly never thought it would happen.

When we got in to the Magic Kingdom we had to walk to where everyone could see the castle down main street. This was pretty great because Luke ( the youngest one) was in so much awe since he sees the castle before all his Disney movies start.

After this we decided we had to go to Fantasyland first and Luke loves trains so we went and got on the train to ride it around rather than walk through the mess of people.

When we got there we got to see the Casey Jr. Splash and Soak station for the first time it really was very very cool. I think the theming was done very well and it looked gorgeous. I would totally have gone and played in it!

Off we went to go and ride Dumbo we decided this had to be everyone's first ride and naturally I had to ride this one with my mom since she and I had never been to Disney World together.

Here are some pictures of the rest of the gang on Dumbo!

After we got off Dumbo it was time to find something else to ride but of course there were some key spots we had to stop to get some awesome pictures first!

I would just like to point out that at NO POINT does Eric ever hold Ariel like this out of the water in what looks like a forest...Continuity DISNEY Continuity!

We were trying to get him to High 5 sebastian but he was clueless!

Our next stop was The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh! My favorite ride in the Magic Kingdom and I knew that Luke would love it. The line was kinda long but the kids did great and I really think everyone enjoyed the ride. We also managed to fit all of us in one Hunny Pot!

Greg's favorite is Rabbit

After this we either at at Columbia Harbor House first or we watched Philharmagic. I am not sure which happened first. Either way we ate at Columbia Harbor House and it was my first time eating there. It was not bad...your typical quick service and then we had to take everyone to Philharmagic we just knew they would love it...and they did!! Mom and I were singing all the songs!

Now it was getting close to the time for fireworks so we needed to get in place! We found a spot in the hub and we waited for the Magic Memories and You and then for Wishes!

Everyone really loved the fireworks Luke even has a new phrase now "Fireworks go Boom!" This was probably one of the best parts of the excursion. Greg and I got to share our favorite Fireworks show in the world with our Family.

Once it was all over we headed out of the Magic Kingdom and it was off to catch a bus back to Old Key West. Everyone was exhausted and mom and I had to get things together to get up and get in a cab by 5:15am. Why are we getting in a cab at 5:15am you may ask? Well because tomorrow would be WEDDING DAY! We would get the room at the Swan from 5:30am to 1pm and Beaute Speciale would be arriving at 6am so we needed to get in the room and get situated!

Coming Up: WEDDING DAY!

TRIPS:
Old 08-18-2012, 08:03 PM   #584
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

yay! You updated. Everything looks so awesome-getting to meet other disbrides, but especially getting to take your adorable little nephew to MK!
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:58 PM   #585
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

I wanted to say congratulations!

My jaw literally dropped when I saw your bridal portraits at AoA. You two are a stunning couple. I thought Randy did a great job. We have a photo session booked with him this October, so I am anxious to read your review of him.

I can't wait to read more.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: