Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #556
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Love all of the pictures! Cant wait to read/see more!
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #557
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess
Holy crap! Did you take pictures at AoA? Insane!
Yes we did!! It was so much fun

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #558
Icecoldpenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaMouse
Love all of the pictures! Cant wait to read/see more!
There is A LOT more to come

Teresa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

TRIPS:
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Old 07-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #559
ericamcl
DIS Veteran

your pics are amazing!
May 1994 DH w/ family - Contemporary August 1994 Me w/ family - Off site June 2005 Me w/ family-Wilderness Lodge March 2008 w/ DH- POFQOctober 2008 w/ DH & my family - POR February 2010 w/ DH and Nieces-BLT September 2011 w/ DH- BLT MK VIEW! December 2012 - SSR/VWL split stay w/ DHSeptember 2013 BLT-Theme Park View w/ DH & my family
ericamcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #560
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Love love love all the pictures I've seen!

So glad I got to be apart of your day!
Old 07-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #561
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

I can't wait to read along on your 19 day adventure! THAT'S SO MUCH DISNEY!
I'm also in LOVE with the pictures of you and your Simba! SO cute.
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL • December 2004 - DLR: Offsite • December 2005 - DLR: Offsite • August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas • May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs • September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo • May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter • August 2010 - WDW: POP Century • November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event • March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip • May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL • November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding • May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach • September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach • October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event • February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation • May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #562
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Can't wait to hear all about it.

Love the AoA photos, such a good idea.
Chilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:31 PM   #563
Icecoldpenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericamcl View Post
your pics are amazing!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Love love love all the pictures I've seen!

So glad I got to be apart of your day!
I am so glad too you made things so much fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleinad16 View Post
I can't wait to read along on your 19 day adventure! THAT'S SO MUCH DISNEY!
I'm also in LOVE with the pictures of you and your Simba! SO cute.
SO MUCH DISNEY! Aww I am glad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Can't wait to hear all about it.

Love the AoA photos, such a good idea.
Thanks

TRIPS:
Old 07-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #564
Icecoldpenguin

Day 1: The day in which we travel to the house of mouse

We left Texas on June 28th, 2012 with my Nephew (groomsman) in tow. We arrived at the airport at about 1:15pm. Our flight was at 3:45pm but my mom had to go get her hair cut for the wedding so we were at her mercy on when we could get there. It was actually ok with a later flight because it gave us time to get everything packed and ready to go.

The first thing that happened that is of HUGE significance is the card that I got in the mail. My mom gave me a wedding card from Ashley Eckstein. She is a voice talent on the Star Wars Clone Wars cartoon that airs on cartoon network. I have met her several times and she has always been very supportive of the wedding. She also owns a company called Her Universe which creates and sells clothing for sci-fi geek girls. Clothing that it is perfect for girls it is comfortable and fits us and reflects the female fan. She has started a huge movement for fangirls everywhere and she sent ME a wedding card. She congratulated us and informed me she is also a Disney Bride. She even thanked me for everything that I do for the fan community. It made me cry and she was so proud that I would wear her star wars jewelry for my wedding. You can bet I wore it proudly for her. Here is an image of the card.

As I said we got to the airport about 1:15 here is a picture of all of us at the airport before we got through security (we are in height order lol!)

As we waited we got some food and I started taking pictures of my vinyls which i meant to take pictures of on the whole trip but that kind of did not happen.... anyway here is stitch

And bride and groom vinyls!

Nathan....smiling awkwardly I love my nephew

Bride

Groom

Together!

Our Plane on Jet Blue departing at 3:45pm

The flight was pretty non eventful we played iPad games and just were very anxious to get to our destination. I however did discover Popcorners. If you have not had these pop corn chips you need to eat them. I want to buy them in bulk from their website!! Thank you Jet Blue for introducing me to pop corners. When we arrived we went straight to Disney's Magical Express and we were on our way to Old Key West the 1st of our 5 DVC resorts for the trip.

When we got there I took pictures of the towel animals that Disney always does and the room. The animals are above and the room is below.

The room is actually very very big and was quite spacious. I really liked the spaciousness of the room and bathroom area.

After getting there the next step was to head to downtown disney to meet up with Greg's family for dinner. One of the awesome things about Old Key West is that they have a launch that takes you directly to downtown disney. This made it very easy. The picture below you all have seen before I just love this guy

We ate at T-Rex cafe and had a really good time. I do like that restaurant mainly because I love all the dinosaurs. I feel like maybe it was a little too loud for a first meeting with all of Greg's family seeing as how I had never met most of them before. It was great to meet everyone and we had a good time.

I love this hot air balloon. Luckily I got a picture of it because after the wedding it disappeared I asked where it had gone and it was taken away for safety inspections.

When we got back to the resort my nephew really wanted to go swimming but by that time it was midnight and we were all pretty exhausted from the travel. When we got to old key west we were trying to figure out the bus schedule and when the inner resort bus would come by. We decided not to wait so we walked which seemed like a mile all the way back to the turtle pond area.

Also if you don't know I like to do photography mostly macro. When we were walking I stopped to take this because I thought it looked cool.

Once we got back to the room we went to sleep because we had to wake up early in the morning. We were going to rope drop hollywood studios with my nephew.

Teresa

Coming Up Next: Hollywood Studios, Family Arrival and the infamous Mini Golf welcome event

TRIPS:
Old 07-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #565
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

Love the AoA pictures! Can't wait to see/read more!

Juli & Wayne's Fairy Tale Wedding WP/WHP 11/1/2012 ~Planning Journal
CityGirlLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #566
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Fantastic start on the PJ!

That letter from Ashley Eckstein is so awesome! I love clone wars! I had no idea she was a Disney bride, that makes it even more fabulous.

Looking forward to reading more!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:46 PM   #567
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

•Love the card! What a nice keepsake!
•I love flying JetBlue. Haven't tried pop corners yet, must find some!
•OKW looks pretty nice...I'll have to stay there at some point. I would love being close to DTD by boat.
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL • December 2004 - DLR: Offsite • December 2005 - DLR: Offsite • August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas • May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs • September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo • May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter • August 2010 - WDW: POP Century • November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event • March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip • May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL • November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding • May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach • September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach • October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event • February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation • May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #568
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Yay! You started!!
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:17 AM   #569
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Great start! It looks like a lot of fun. I really enjoyed T-Rex too, because the atmosphere is so cool! But you're probably right that it's not the best for meeting and talking to people for the first time. Also, your pictures look great - you have some really good night shots!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #570
tric8783
DIS Veteran

I'm here!! Looks like you had a nice and relaxing first day/travel day! I really like the blue inside the OKW room, they used to be a beige or coral that I remember. I also like the roman shades.

Glad you liked OKW! Did you put in a request for a certain building, then did you get it and were you happy with it? Did you also get ground floor? Isn't the boat so convenient? I'm ready for more!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: