Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2011, 01:06 PM   #31
ladyemz
Mouseketeer

Love the story of how you two met...perfect! FAB save the dates, look forward to reading more

Emma & Scott's Wishes Wedding PJ

DLP - 2008, 2011
WDW - 2011 POR/BLT, 2012 - Offsite villa (March - DFTW Planning!) SSR/GF/DCL/BLT (October - Our wedding and Disneymoon!)
ladyemz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:45 PM   #32
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Hi there!

I wanted to share the link to these boutonnieres I found. This is probably what we are doing for our wedding.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Star-Wars-Boutonnieres/

For the groom -

...and for the groomsmen -
LyndsayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2011, 06:30 AM   #33
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndsayJ View Post
Hi there!

I wanted to share the link to these boutonnieres I found. This is probably what we are doing for our wedding.

For the groom -

Those are incredible!!
Old 10-31-2011, 11:22 AM   #34
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash8716 View Post
Love all your plans so far, can't wait to read more! The proposal story and how you guys met is great. Must have been cool to end up engaged to someone who loves Disney as much as you. DF and I had only been dating for 6 months before he proposed but had been planning the disney wedding with the planner after only 4 months. Kind of amazing to meet someone and know they are the right person after such a short amount of time. Good luck with the rest of your planning.
It is pretty awesome to be with someone that loves disney as much as I do. It is an interesting thing to have a connection on but I can say that the way we met and the way this has all gone has been a dream come true and I am so happy. He is truly my best friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
I love your dress!! I wasn't too far off...
By the way I love your dress too!

Quote:
Teresa!! They're INCREDIBLE!!!

I love them! She did an amazing job!
Thank you! That is why I wanted to post them she is pretty phenomenal. I could not have asked for anything more perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash8716 View Post
I love your save the date!! Very cool, looks like you have been busy
thank you! I have been busy mostly brainstorming

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
Your Save the Date is so fantastic! I love it!!!
I am so glad you do they are a great design

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
The save the dates are gorgeous! I love it, she did a fantastic job for you! I really feel like it captures your theme perfectly but it's also sophisticated. Awesome!
thank you I agree! My DF was worried about me making star wars and vinylmation classy. I told him you just wait and watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2211 View Post
Wow! Your Save the Dates are awesome!!
Thank you she did a great job

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebbradley View Post
Thank you! Your beautiful invitation caused me to message the designer and I ended up with invitations I LOVE!

Thanks
I am so glad you contacted her I would love to see what she did for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
FAB save the dates.
thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyemz View Post
Love the story of how you two met...perfect! FAB save the dates, look forward to reading more
There is definitely more to come look for an update on my brainstorming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndsayJ View Post
Hi there!

For the groom -

These are really super cool I need to post the pics of what I am thinking for floral so you guys can see and I need to post an update soon.

Teresa

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:54 AM   #35
Icecoldpenguin

Brainstorming for Floral and Centerpieces

The following are images of things I am brainstorming. My colors are changing over to peacock purple, blue and green. I want to use peacock feathers and their colors to decorate for the wedding and incorporate them into star wars and vinylmation.

You will notice from my save the dates I am moving more towards peacock coloring for the wedding. Let me know what you think of the following images.

Teresa

This is what I think I want to do for my bouquet and boutenierres.

for bridesmaids I am thinking one lily and a peacock feather. Something very simple

I like the bows tied to the side for the chairs

only picture i could find I want to do centerpieces that are tall vases with blue glowing water to signify blue lightsabers

I love the square 3 tier cake

I am trying to find a way to jazz up the centerpieces and include peacock feathers

I like the earrings in this picture and the chair decor with the feathers in a cone type thing.

TRIPS:
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Old 10-31-2011, 12:09 PM   #36
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Teresa, I LOVE the new inspiration! The light saber inspired vases is an awesome idea and all your photos are gorgeous!

I love where you're heading!
Old 10-31-2011, 12:15 PM   #37
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

I LOVE this. The colors are FABULOUS!!! You need to get a peacock dress for your RD or SOMETHING!

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:51 PM   #38
Icecoldpenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
I LOVE this. The colors are FABULOUS!!! You need to get a peacock dress for your RD or SOMETHING!
Oh I 100% agree...gotta shop for that now! Or just an outfit that has peacock colors I am not a big dress person.

Quote:
Teresa, I LOVE the new inspiration! The light saber inspired vases is an awesome idea and all your photos are gorgeous!

I love where you're heading!
thanks Faith! I am excited to be using this color scheme my great grandma loved peacocks plus it allows to decorate with less flowers thus lowering the cost. I might be able to find faux peacock feathers at garden ridge, michaels or hobby lobby....

Teresa

TRIPS:
Old 10-31-2011, 09:38 PM   #39
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Wow! I am in LOVE with your new color combo! Everything looks amazing!
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:38 AM   #41
ladyemz
Mouseketeer

Love your brainstorming, peacock feathers are beautiful!

The cones on the chairs are really different but a great idea and love the blue centrepieces to symbolise a light saber

We are havign deep purple and blue theme so kind of similar

Emma & Scott's Wishes Wedding PJ

DLP - 2008, 2011
WDW - 2011 POR/BLT, 2012 - Offsite villa (March - DFTW Planning!) SSR/GF/DCL/BLT (October - Our wedding and Disneymoon!)
ladyemz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:16 AM   #42
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Love the colour scheme. All those photos are stunning.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:41 AM   #43
Icecoldpenguin

Reception Venue Change

The venue is changing for the reception...and can you guess why? I bet you can many DISbrides have had issues with DPS (disney photography) and then there are those that have not. Well in our case for consistency purposes we have decided we want Randy Chapman to do all of our photography. He is going to be doing our engagement session when we go to Disney in December. After looking at his prices and the amount of coverage I have decided I would rather have him than use DPS just to do a reception in the park at the backstage prop shop.

My thinking on this goes like this:
  • most important aspect of photography is digital images
  • i want to have a realtionship with the person already
  • i like artsy photography and creative pictures
  • i want full day coverage
  • i can do a lot with decorating to make the place my own

With all of that in mind I am ok with changing the reception venue from the backstage prop shop. Facts are doing it there would be super cool but we then have to pay for transportation to the venue and other things that just make it more complicated. Now I am sure that it would not be that complicated but I can also take the money I would have been using for DPS (which would have counted towards the wishes minimum) and use it towards doing some bad *** decorations. This also means that I can have disney characters...I am hoping to get donald duck and stitch!

So here is the list of sites that we are going to go see when we go in December.

Atlantic Dance Hall
We like this because of the uniqueness of the place and the fact that our peacock color scheme will look really awesome with the art deco design.

Nutcracker Ballroom (Contemporary Resort)
We love the style of the contemporary resort and finding out that this venue is available to us despite what the disney website said was very exciting!

We are also going to go look at the ballrooms at the boardwalk but I think these are our last choice because of the color schemes in the room and what we are doing as wedding colors.

So I can not wait for our site visit, our LOA signing and making things official!

more in another post of what plans I have made for our december trip and other wedding type things...

TRIPS:
Old 11-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #44
jlocmac
DIS Veteran

Well I can't say you're going wrong sticking with Randy for everything. He took great pics at our wedding. And you're right, his prices are the best.

I love the way ADH looks all decorated up for weddings. Especially if you're going to have the extra money now to put towards more decor. Plus you're colors will look really snazzy in there!!!

Good luck finding somewhere you love.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:48 PM   #45
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

I'm bummed you're missing out on using the prop shop but I totally understand your reasoning and I would've done the same thing. I wish Disney would just let you use outside photographers! But your plans look good - I love the Atlantic Dance Hall! I think that would work really well with your theme.
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: