Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #46
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer
 
Freckledginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Katy, Tx
Posts: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeanBunny View Post

OMG, Loooove your bunny! I have a broken blue holland lop She's adorable, a pain in the butt, but I love her dearly!

How did the spray tan go? I'm terrified of getting one before my wedding... mainly because I don't want to look unnaturally colored, nor do I want it to rub off on my expensive white gown! I'm probably going to be BAD and "fake bake" for a few short sessions pre-wedding because I don't want to be DARK and I don't want to be too pale and get washed out (light blonde hair + white dress + pale skin seems like a scary combination) I'm lucky in that I tan very well with very little exposure!

I'm glad you booked a dinner party! I'm bummed for you that you couldn't arrange Fantasmic (perhaps I'm biased!!) but I understand wanting to get it solidly booked and not wanting to risk there not being a Fantasmic that evening! I think the Bananas Foster station sounds the best! Thinking about it is making me hungry! Where is your DP located? I've never heard of that location before. See? Even a CM who has worked for for 4 years still has the ability to learn more about Disney! hah!

I'm loving your updates! I've been a BAD BAD Bride and have been ignoring my boards lately... but I'm starting to post about some of my crafting things like favor bags, post it note holders, and even handmade soaps! Since I won't even bother filling out the wedding packet for Shanda until it's much closer to the date (Who knows? they may change things AGAIN! hah!) I feel like I need to be physically doing something to bide my time so I feel like I'm progressing!

Happy Planning!
You have a bunny also?! Awesome!!! They're such wonderful little animals, aren't they?? I actually have two bunnies... Archie (who was pictured) and Dolly (a blue fawn butterfly velvet lop). They're quite the pair. Archie's the sweet, big galoot of the two and Dolly's the pretty, high maintenance one that refuses to use her litterbox. Sigh.... But as you put it, I love them both dearly.

I highly recommend experiencing a spray tan. It was quick, not too messy, and I felt like I looked a lot slimmer with a tan--always a huge plus in my book, hehe. I'm super dark in that photo (I left it on the full length of time in an attempt to near Jersey Shore tan), but depending on how long you leave it on to develop, it can be super natural looking and not streaky at all. I'm undecided about whether to do it before the wedding though... It can start to flake a bit around day 3 or 4, and don't really know if I want to deal with that on the cruise. I, unfortunately, do not have your gift of tanning easily, so I may just have to err on the side of pasty looking. When I was trying on wedding dresses, I found the white washed me out a bit too. I suppose that's the disadvantage of having fair skin and hair...

Yeah, I was super bummed about Fantasmic as well... I agonized for a solid week over deciding whether to go with SCP (it's an area next to the water at the Grand Floridian; I hadn't heard of it either until it became a DP option) or take my chances with Fantasmic. I'm sure my planner was getting very sick of my "should I or shouldn't I" emails by the time I decided on SCP. It turns out, however, that Fantasmic is running on that night. I've spent so much time planning the event at GF though that I can't be bothered changing everything around. I'll just have to get my Fantasmic fix with the rest of the crowds on another night--I like sitting at the very front best anyways

Loving all the DIY projects on your blog!! Your wedding is going to be so nice!!
__________________
Freckledginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #47
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer
 
Freckledginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Katy, Tx
Posts: 228

Wedding Dress!

I finally selected my wedding dress!!

After trying on roughly 30 gowns at 3 different bridal salons (yeah... it was sort of a lot), my wedding dress will be....


Monique Lhuillier's "Peony"

The whole dress shopping process was quite different than I expected it to be... I suppose I had been watching too much Say Yes to the Dress, but I thought that I would have a passionate/guttural reaction toward the dress that was meant to be the one. Unfortunately,that didn't happen. I tried on different styles and shapes, and the majority (to my utter shock) looked very nice on me, but I never felt a sense of "yes, this is my dress" let alone tears of joy.

My criteria I entered the salons with were the following: like strapless & sweetheart necklines, like lace and flowy fabrics (I thought satin and taffeta would be too heavy for a beach wedding), & want something a little different, but still bridal.


My inspiration dress was a Spring 2013 Monique Lhuillier "Belle":

So Gorgeous!! Unfortunately, this dress was not in stores yet, so I couldn't try it on It was probably a good thing though, as it was way out of my price point.

Out of the all the dresses I tried on, I ended up with a short list of favorites:
1) Monique Lhuillier Peony

2) Monique Lhuillier Sahara

3) Monique Lhuillier Bellflower

4) Liancarlo 5803
Without the belt

They all were lovely dresses, and I could see myself wearing any of them on my wedding day. What really set Peony apart was I felt like myself in it. It was a beautiful dress, comfortable, and flattering to my figure and complexion. I really wanted to fall in love with an ivory ball gown, but the blush mermaid gown just seemed to fit me better.

As I started dress shopping later than most brides, the dress won't be in until mid Sept, but I'm very excited to try it on again

My quandary now is wedding colors... Any suggestions for soft colors that will go well with a light blush wedding dress??
__________________
Freckledginger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #48
Boston Disney Bride
DIS Veteran
 
Boston Disney Bride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 665

Hi!! Just found your PJ and read your plans so far! Congrats on graduation and booking your DP!! All exciting. Your dress is really beautiful!

Can't wait to read more
__________________
Boston Disney Bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #49
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer
 
Freckledginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Katy, Tx
Posts: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Disney Bride View Post
Hi!! Just found your PJ and read your plans so far! Congrats on graduation and booking your DP!! All exciting. Your dress is really beautiful!

Can't wait to read more
Thanks so much, Jess!!

I had a look through your PJ, and your wedding was absolutely gorgeous! Your photographs are really beautiful, and I love your color palette. Fit perfectly at SBP!

Thank you for reading!
__________________
Freckledginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #50
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer
 
Freckledginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Katy, Tx
Posts: 228

Wedding Newsletter

Since we're currently under 6 months until the wedding, DF and I decided to send out a planning/informational newsletter to our guests. I ended up using a template on microsoft word, and just amending it with photos found using google images.







__________________
Freckledginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:52 PM   #51
NML11383
Earning My Ears
 
NML11383's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 68

Just wanted to pop in and say I LOVE your newsletter! I wish I had done something like that, though I'm sure it would not have been nearly as gorgeous!

Your dress is also amazing!

Best of luck with the rest of your planning!
__________________
NML11383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #52
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer
 
Freckledginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Katy, Tx
Posts: 228

Dessert Party Almost Planned!

After much back and forth with Karen regarding details, I almost have the DP planned!

1) Food
Menu:
-Bananas Foster Station
-Key Lime Pie Tarts
-Brown Derby Grapefruit Cake
-Chocolate Covered Strawberries
-Sunshine Food Fair Strawberry Shortcake
-Mini chocolate mousses
-Mini tiramisu

Cost: $39 pp for 1 hour of service.
Disney will allow the food to be available for an additional 30 minutes after service finishes, and then it will be removed. I was worried this might be disruptive to the event, so I looked into extending service to 1.5 hours. Unfortunately, DFTW wanted an additional $10 pp (making it $49 pp total) That seems like a lot to me for an extra 30 minutes, so I'm currently leaning toward no on that one.
As an alternative, Karen suggested having individually wrapped Mickey shaped rice cripsy treats ($5 pp) or individually wrapped carmel or candy apples (price TBA) passed out after the food trays are removed as a favor. I'm giving this some thought as it might be cute...

2) Bar
After reading recommendations from other DIS brides and in light of the fact that sparkling wine is not included in bar packages, DF and I have decided to go the BOC route. The bar will be available for the full 2 hours, and we're going with the Premium Brands + bottles of Sparkling.
Estimated cost for 50 people: $2,290.
I'm told that guests often do not consume as much as DFTW estimates, so hopefully we'll be refunded a portion of the bar cost.

3) Music
I had previously mentioned how DF and I were interested in getting an iPod setup for music for the event. Even though it would be nice to have ambient music, I was a bit bummed about the prospect of not having Wishes piped in. I spoke to Karen about this, and she told me that if I added the Wishes Audio package, they would include an iPod setup for no additional charge. So instead of spending $350 for just an iPod setup, we'll be able to have both for $495. I'm definitely excited about this development as I think it'll make Wishes feel like a more immersive experience.

4) Photography
Our wedding photographer, Jessica Cumbie, has also agreed to photograph this event

5) Decor
Rosie Carabbia has been helping me plan decor for the party. I'm going to keep the linens and chairs simple, and use what is provided (white linens and green garden chairs), but I'm hoping to do some decorations. Rosie sent me a photo of a DP with white lanterns in the trees, and I absolutely loved that

The cost is $285 for 12 x 8-10 inch white lanterns.

I'd also like to do centerpieces on the tables. The two flowers I'm really loving right now are Hydrangea and Astilbes.



I looked at a bunch of different arrangement photos, and decided that I wanted centerpieces that incorporated a few elements from the following photos:
--1.
--2.
--3.

Each cocktail table will have one arrangement (either hydrangea or astilbes). For hydrangea arrangements, we'll have a vase like #2 with marbles and LED light, but the marbles will be clear like in #1 with a ribbon tied around like in image #3. The astilbe arrangements will be similar, except the vase will be taller like the blue hydrangea arrangement in image #2. As far as the colors of the flowers, Rosie told me she could get Astilbes in October in both the white or blush color. For hydrangea, colors available are: purple, lavender, pink, green and white. I was hoping initially for blue and white hydrangea, and then blush and white Astilbes, but since blue is not available, I'll have to go another route. I'm toying with going all white... What do you all think?
I'm told that the cost for the centerpieces will probably be $60 to $70 per table. Depending on how many tables we have, I may have to simplify the arrangements further to make things a bit more budget friendly.

6) Room Block
As the DP is the night before the cruise, I was hoping to offer guests a room block at a Disney Resort hotel. When I asked Karen about the possibility of this, I was informed that DFTW does not offer room blocks to Escape or DCL brides. Not to be thwarted by this, I checked with Disney Vacation Groups (http://www.disneyvacationgroups.com/). Provided my group would book at least 10 rooms, I was offered a nightly rate of $119 + tax at the Coronado Springs Resort. This is roughly $70 less than the advertised rate online, so I was super happy about this The rate is also good for up to 3 days before and 3 days after the night of the DP for guests who wish to stay longer.

7) Transportation
Since the bulk of our guests (assumedly) will be staying at a Disney resort for the DP, we recommended that they use Disney's Magic Express for transport from the airport to the hotel. I looked into transport from the hotel to the DP through DFTW and I was told a motorcoach would be $509.25. To save a bit of money, I'm thinking we'll just all meet up and use Disney's public transport to get to the GF. Hopefully this is not a bad idea...
For transport from the hotel to Port Canaveral and from Port Canaveral to the airport (on disembarkation), we're going Escot Buslines who are willing to do both trips for $625.

Whew.... Sorry for the huge update. It's exciting to be nearly done planning the DP though. Now all I need is an approximate guest count and decor prices, and then I can have a better idea of what the BEO will be. I'm sure that won't be a fun document to receive

Working on invitations at the moment, so hopefully I can post photos of those soon Thanks for following!
__________________
Freckledginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #53
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment
 
JBeanBunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckledginger View Post
You have a bunny also?! Awesome!!! They're such wonderful little animals, aren't they?? I actually have two bunnies... Archie (who was pictured) and Dolly (a blue fawn butterfly velvet lop). They're quite the pair. Archie's the sweet, big galoot of the two and Dolly's the pretty, high maintenance one that refuses to use her litterbox. Sigh.... But as you put it, I love them both dearly.

I highly recommend experiencing a spray tan. It was quick, not too messy, and I felt like I looked a lot slimmer with a tan--always a huge plus in my book, hehe. I'm super dark in that photo (I left it on the full length of time in an attempt to near Jersey Shore tan), but depending on how long you leave it on to develop, it can be super natural looking and not streaky at all. I'm undecided about whether to do it before the wedding though... It can start to flake a bit around day 3 or 4, and don't really know if I want to deal with that on the cruise. I, unfortunately, do not have your gift of tanning easily, so I may just have to err on the side of pasty looking. When I was trying on wedding dresses, I found the white washed me out a bit too. I suppose that's the disadvantage of having fair skin and hair...

Yeah, I was super bummed about Fantasmic as well... I agonized for a solid week over deciding whether to go with SCP (it's an area next to the water at the Grand Floridian; I hadn't heard of it either until it became a DP option) or take my chances with Fantasmic. I'm sure my planner was getting very sick of my "should I or shouldn't I" emails by the time I decided on SCP. It turns out, however, that Fantasmic is running on that night. I've spent so much time planning the event at GF though that I can't be bothered changing everything around. I'll just have to get my Fantasmic fix with the rest of the crowds on another night--I like sitting at the very front best anyways

Loving all the DIY projects on your blog!! Your wedding is going to be so nice!!
So you have two floppy bunnies? I love that! They're just the cutest! I still think I'll be skipping the spray tan, though- I've just heard too many horror stories! Also, I just had my first fitting, and even without tanning, I didn't look too pale- so I'm going to keep wearing sunscreen at work to avoid BAD tan lines, and I'll only take a few short fake-bake sessions and I think that'll be plenty for me

SPEAKING of dresses, I love that you have a BLUSH wedding dress! I didn't even find any to try on, or I absolutely would have! I also never had that "feeling" they convey in Say Yes to the Dress- No tears, No butterflies... But once I had mine on, I knew it was the one when I didn't want to take it off, and I didn't want to look at ANY more dresses (I must've tried on at least 50... at LEAST!) and I had the same problem you did - most of them looked really good on! I'm glad you made a decision, and I love what you picked! I'll be regretting my HUGE ballgown once I'm outside in the Bahamian heat! Just standing completely still for an hour for my hem and bustle to be pinned while standing in my heels seemed to be taxing!

Thanks for the kind words about my crafting! Most days I feel as if I've bitten off way more than I can chew! The date is looming closer and closer and I never see any of my girlfriends since we all work for and have VERY different schedules (especially in the BUSY season!), so scheduling a "crafting" party seems impossible! To be honest, I think Michael enjoyed making our pixie dust vials as much as I did- even though it involved mixing 7 kinds of glitter together! And I still find miscellaneous sparkles on the couch or on him or on me when we mixed it a couple weeks ago!

BY THE WAY! I love your newsletter! Beautiful! I'd never thought to do something like that! The first "newsletter" I'd sent out was just a mass e-mail to all my guests, and I didn't get a single one response! So I'm totally jealous about that

Happy Planning!!!
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #54
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment
 
JBeanBunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckledginger View Post
7) Transportation
Since the bulk of our guests (assumedly) will be staying at a Disney resort for the DP, we recommended that they use Disney's Magic Express for transport from the airport to the hotel. I looked into transport from the hotel to the DP through DFTW and I was told a motorcoach would be $509.25. To save a bit of money, I'm thinking we'll just all meet up and use Disney's public transport to get to the GF. Hopefully this is not a bad idea...
For transport from the hotel to Port Canaveral and from Port Canaveral to the airport (on disembarkation), we're going Escot Buslines who are willing to do both trips for $625.
I'm excited to see you've priced out a way for your guests to get to/from Port Canaveral! That's another huge item on my checklist that I'm not entirely prepared to handle! How many guests is Escot taking to/from the port? Are they giving you one of the big buses with all of that cargo space for luggage? I've got roughly 50 guests, so that's a lot of people and luggage! ANY information you can bestow on me about this is GREATLY appreciated!

I'm also totally jealous of your DP! Everything appears to be coming together beautifully! You're going to have such a wonderful time!
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #55
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer
 
Freckledginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Katy, Tx
Posts: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeanBunny View Post
So you have two floppy bunnies? I love that! They're just the cutest! I still think I'll be skipping the spray tan, though- I've just heard too many horror stories! Also, I just had my first fitting, and even without tanning, I didn't look too pale- so I'm going to keep wearing sunscreen at work to avoid BAD tan lines, and I'll only take a few short fake-bake sessions and I think that'll be plenty for me

SPEAKING of dresses, I love that you have a BLUSH wedding dress! I didn't even find any to try on, or I absolutely would have! I also never had that "feeling" they convey in Say Yes to the Dress- No tears, No butterflies... But once I had mine on, I knew it was the one when I didn't want to take it off, and I didn't want to look at ANY more dresses (I must've tried on at least 50... at LEAST!) and I had the same problem you did - most of them looked really good on! I'm glad you made a decision, and I love what you picked! I'll be regretting my HUGE ballgown once I'm outside in the Bahamian heat! Just standing completely still for an hour for my hem and bustle to be pinned while standing in my heels seemed to be taxing!

Thanks for the kind words about my crafting! Most days I feel as if I've bitten off way more than I can chew! The date is looming closer and closer and I never see any of my girlfriends since we all work for and have VERY different schedules (especially in the BUSY season!), so scheduling a "crafting" party seems impossible! To be honest, I think Michael enjoyed making our pixie dust vials as much as I did- even though it involved mixing 7 kinds of glitter together! And I still find miscellaneous sparkles on the couch or on him or on me when we mixed it a couple weeks ago!

BY THE WAY! I love your newsletter! Beautiful! I'd never thought to do something like that! The first "newsletter" I'd sent out was just a mass e-mail to all my guests, and I didn't get a single one response! So I'm totally jealous about that

Happy Planning!!!
Hi Jillian,
Good to hear from you again

Thanks so much for your compliments on the dress! I haven't really shown it to very many people (only my mom, MOH & future mother-in-law), so it's really exciting to get positive feedback from another person, especially a fellow DCL bride!! It also makes me feel so much better that you had a similar shopping experience to me! I was worried I was deficient in the bridal gown gene or something, lol. I absolutely love your dress!!!! There are very few times in our lives when you get to wear a ball gown, so I think it's fantastic you picked one for your wedding. I really wanted to get a ball gown, but the slimmer silhouette just spoke to me more I guess. I know you'll be so happy with your choice. You've got to do one of those photos--standing in front of a window, back turned to the camera, train flared out behind you, lots of natural light pouring in! I think that pose is just so beautiful, and you can only really do those with ball gowns

Loved your anecdote about glitter everywhere from the crafting I've had a similar experience with metallic confetti from a baby shower. I kept finding "baby boy"s all over the house for weeks! I'm excited to see photos of your finished pixie dusts though, and all your other amazing projects!

Thank you for the kind words about the newsletter. You're too sweet I'm not really creative, but vet school forced me to do loads of powerpoint presentations, so I figured I might as well use some of that knowledge to do a newsletter. I haven't heard back from any of the guests though, so hopefully they'll find it useful. The main thing I liked about sending out something like that ahead of time is that it meant I could do a basic invitation, without having to provide a lot of inserts. I've been spending money like a crazy person on this wedding, so I'm trying to simplify things where I can.

Hope you have a nice weekend!!
__________________
Freckledginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #56
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer
 
Freckledginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Katy, Tx
Posts: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeanBunny View Post
I'm excited to see you've priced out a way for your guests to get to/from Port Canaveral! That's another huge item on my checklist that I'm not entirely prepared to handle! How many guests is Escot taking to/from the port? Are they giving you one of the big buses with all of that cargo space for luggage? I've got roughly 50 guests, so that's a lot of people and luggage! ANY information you can bestow on me about this is GREATLY appreciated!

I'm also totally jealous of your DP! Everything appears to be coming together beautifully! You're going to have such a wonderful time!
Yeah, transport was something I really wanted to arrange for the guests. Since they're paying so much to join us on the cruise, I figured was a simple thing I could do to make things easier on everyone. Plus the busing service that DCL offer is crazy expensive--$70 per person, really?

I checked with a couple different companies for quotes--Escot, Mears, and Jet Set USA. Of the three, Escot was much more budget friendly. Escot's quote of $625 was for a mini-motorcoach that holds 36 people, but also has cargo space for luggage. They also have buses that can hold up to 47 or 57 passengers. I'll send you a PM with the exact quotes and details the three companies gave me. Overall, all the companies were pretty quick getting back to me with quotes, and I found this to be a relatively painless thing to plan
__________________
Freckledginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #57
tric8783
DIS Veteran
 
tric8783's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Middletown, CT
Posts: 985

Wow all your plans are coming along great!!
I love your dress, so pretty!!

Your newsletter is awesome and I love that you are doing a welcome DP in WDW then bringing everyone to port for the cruise. That would totally be something I'd want to do had I had a cruise wedding. Love it! I'm sure all your guests are going to love it. And your menu looks amazing!
__________________
tric8783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #58
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer
 
Freckledginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Katy, Tx
Posts: 228

Info from DFTW

Hi Everyone,

Just before Shanda left DFTW, I had sent her an email with several questions I had. Today, I received an email from someone at DFTW with answers. Thought I would post his or her responses in case they may be of use to any other DCL brides

- I'm leaning toward selecting the Oceanfront Elegance option for my bridal bouquet. In lieu of the white rose that accompanies the bouquet as the groom's boutonniere, would it be possible to have a white calla lily?
Yes – Just please make note of it on your planning guide

- For the main dining seating, it is possible for me to put together the seating chart? If so, what size tables should I plan on arranging?
We need to know how many total guests are sailing. Once we have that, we will request the table configurations from the dining coordinator. The tables cannot be reconfigured (moved or chairs added/removed). You may assign your guests to the tables based on the configuration (example: two 4-tops, one 8-top, one 6-top). There must be an adult at each table.

- We're still debating whether to try and book the private room at Palo the night before the wedding for us & the family, or just have an intimate dinner with the two of us at Remy's. If we decide on Remy's, can the credit for Palo be applied there? Would you be able to book reservations at Remy's, or would we need to book that online?
The Palo dinner is just for use by the bride and groom at Palo. It may not be transferred to other guests, dining times, or restaurants. Bookings at Remy’s are based on availability. You may begin booking Palo, Remy, Port Adventures, spa appointments, etc. beginning 120 days prior to the sail date. Please try to book online first. You do not have to use your confirmed Palo’s reservation on the night of the wedding. You may use it on another evening if you wish.

- Can you give me an idea of the difference between the Maid of Honor bouquet and the small clutch bouquet? The description said "a smaller version of the bridal bouquets." Does that mean all the bridal bouquets are options? If I selected a rose bouquet for the Maid of Honor, what would be the difference in size between the Bridesmaid bouquet and the small clutch?
The small clutch bouquet usually has only three stems and is used most times for the Mother of the Bride and/or Groom and for children or Junior Bridesmaids. The Maid of Honor bouquet is a smaller version of the brides bouquet.

- In terms of the ceremony decor, I would love to create an aisle look similar to the photo below. I saw in the elements and enhancements guide that there are several available packages of rose petals. Would the cruise ship be willing to make a aisle out of rose petals? If so, what size package would be required to achieve something like this? On the subject of rose petals, do I need to order petals also for guests to throw at the cake & champagne celebration?

To achieve this look, it would require at least 4 of the large boxes of petals. Please keep in mind that wind may be a factor. If the wind is blowing, even our Disney magic cannot keep the petals from blowing about.

We have a very small amount of petals for a toss at the Cake and Champagne Celebration. If you desire each guest to have petals to toss, then additional petals would need to be ordered. The small box is a corsage box, the medium box is like a long stem rose box, and the large box is a 12x12.


- We're also considering the Under the Sea option as our cake. Would we be able to order this cake, but still bring our own cake topper? In other words, can the white chocolate shells be arranged so that the top layer is available for a cake topper? Or would that be too busy looking?
The Under the Sea cake does not allow for the addition of a cake topper. However, we are happy to place your keepsake Mickey and Minnie Figurine and/or your personal cake topper on the cake table next to the cake.
__________________
Freckledginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:23 AM   #59
lescal79
Mouseketeer
 
lescal79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 136

Thanks for posting this - I had similar questions regarding the flowers and the cake!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckledginger View Post
Hi Everyone,

Just before Shanda left DFTW, I had sent her an email with several questions I had. Today, I received an email from someone at DFTW with answers. Thought I would post his or her responses in case they may be of use to any other DCL brides

- I'm leaning toward selecting the Oceanfront Elegance option for my bridal bouquet. In lieu of the white rose that accompanies the bouquet as the groom's boutonniere, would it be possible to have a white calla lily?
Yes – Just please make note of it on your planning guide

- For the main dining seating, it is possible for me to put together the seating chart? If so, what size tables should I plan on arranging?
We need to know how many total guests are sailing. Once we have that, we will request the table configurations from the dining coordinator. The tables cannot be reconfigured (moved or chairs added/removed). You may assign your guests to the tables based on the configuration (example: two 4-tops, one 8-top, one 6-top). There must be an adult at each table.

- We're still debating whether to try and book the private room at Palo the night before the wedding for us & the family, or just have an intimate dinner with the two of us at Remy's. If we decide on Remy's, can the credit for Palo be applied there? Would you be able to book reservations at Remy's, or would we need to book that online?
The Palo dinner is just for use by the bride and groom at Palo. It may not be transferred to other guests, dining times, or restaurants. Bookings at Remy’s are based on availability. You may begin booking Palo, Remy, Port Adventures, spa appointments, etc. beginning 120 days prior to the sail date. Please try to book online first. You do not have to use your confirmed Palo’s reservation on the night of the wedding. You may use it on another evening if you wish.

- Can you give me an idea of the difference between the Maid of Honor bouquet and the small clutch bouquet? The description said "a smaller version of the bridal bouquets." Does that mean all the bridal bouquets are options? If I selected a rose bouquet for the Maid of Honor, what would be the difference in size between the Bridesmaid bouquet and the small clutch?
The small clutch bouquet usually has only three stems and is used most times for the Mother of the Bride and/or Groom and for children or Junior Bridesmaids. The Maid of Honor bouquet is a smaller version of the brides bouquet.

- In terms of the ceremony decor, I would love to create an aisle look similar to the photo below. I saw in the elements and enhancements guide that there are several available packages of rose petals. Would the cruise ship be willing to make a aisle out of rose petals? If so, what size package would be required to achieve something like this? On the subject of rose petals, do I need to order petals also for guests to throw at the cake & champagne celebration?

To achieve this look, it would require at least 4 of the large boxes of petals. Please keep in mind that wind may be a factor. If the wind is blowing, even our Disney magic cannot keep the petals from blowing about.

We have a very small amount of petals for a toss at the Cake and Champagne Celebration. If you desire each guest to have petals to toss, then additional petals would need to be ordered. The small box is a corsage box, the medium box is like a long stem rose box, and the large box is a 12x12.


- We're also considering the Under the Sea option as our cake. Would we be able to order this cake, but still bring our own cake topper? In other words, can the white chocolate shells be arranged so that the top layer is available for a cake topper? Or would that be too busy looking?
The Under the Sea cake does not allow for the addition of a cake topper. However, we are happy to place your keepsake Mickey and Minnie Figurine and/or your personal cake topper on the cake table next to the cake.
__________________

Disneyland Hotel - 2007; Animal Kingdom Lodge 2010; DCL Dream 2011; Wilderness Lodge Oct 2011; Port Orleans Royal Guest Rooms 2012; Contemporary Apr 2013; DCL Dream April 2013 (wedding); DCL Magic Feb 2014

lescal79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #60
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer
 
Freckledginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Katy, Tx
Posts: 228

Invitations!!

Vendor: Something Printable by Victoria Ann (http://somethingprintable.com/)

Oh my gosh, I'm super duper excited!! We have our invitations!! Well, the digital copy at least, and we are so thrilled with how they turned out!

Invitation Front:

Invitation Back:

Reply Card Front:

Reply Card Back:


After spending the better part of two weeks looking at different invitation options, I decided that a custom design would be the way to go. I kept finding elements of invitations that I liked, but never found one particular invitation that I was head over heels for. I had heard other DIS brides talk about Something Printable by Victoria Ann, who a DIS board member does lots of Disney inspired stationary design. I loved the playfulness that she infuses into many of her creations, so I contacted her about a custom design. I sent her a couple of sample invitations showing the things I liked, and then described what we were hoping to achieve (in short: a whimsical map-style invitation). Within 48 hours, Victoria Ann had created a first draft! It only took a few minor adjustments, and we had our invitation suite!! Amazing!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about her. She's incredibly talented, fast, patient, nice, and creative. If you're looking for any special occasion stationary (invites, programs, welcome bag letters, etc.), I highly recommend Victoria.

We also asked Victoria to customize her Fastpass Save the Date design for a Welcome Party invite to enclose with the main invitation. We also purchased a lifesaver poster design that was listed on her etsy site. I thought it'd be really cute drop off with Guest Services on the Dream and have the characters sign it.

Welcome Party Invitation:

Poster for Characters to sign:

We're having everything printed through Vistaprint, and should arrive in two weeks. I'll update with photographs of the hardcopy invites when they arrive
__________________
Freckledginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: