Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 06:59 PM   #256
JessieGlitter
Earning My Ears

Loving itttttt!!!
JessieGlitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #257
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Hi Lovely Ladies!!
Happy New Year!! So excited for all the 2013 brides! Cannot wait to see photos and read about all of your big days! I apologize for the sporadic nature of my PJ/TR. I've been working 60 hour weeks at work lately, and I come home absolutely exhausted. I feel terrible for not keeping up with all of you on here regularly, but I appreciate your continued support. Eventually, I'm hoping things will relax a bit, and I can resume my regular posting/reading of your PJs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieGlitter View Post
Im so excited to see your photographs!!

Guess i know what I will be doing this weekend!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegirl76 View Post
I work with a lot of ladies, all have told me never to get anything more than clip-ins. I'm still considering getting extentions, but after reading what happened to you, I think I will definitely stick with the clip-ins. I have a lot of hair, but it is pretty fine already and wouldn't want to wait for it to become healthy again after the extentions are taken out.....I just don't have that much patience. It is good to know that if I do decide to go with the clip-ins, I may need to look for a different style. Thanks for the information, very good to know!
I don't mean to scare anyone off with my experience. I loved having extensions for the wedding, and was definitely happy with the result for the wedding. I just wished I had done a bit more research prior to getting them (as my hair is pretty average now post-extensions), and considered other alternatives. I think it really depends on your hair type, but if you have somewhat fragile hair like I do, clip-ins may be a better option... I've been taking Biotin like crazy, so I'm hoping my hair will start to thicken up again soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeanBunny View Post
OMIGOSH! I am so excited that you got your proofs and I am dying to see more! Jess is a wonderful photographer from everything I've seen thusfar! I still go through all of my photos and I keep discovering "new" shots that I hadn't noticed before! I got back 1065 photos (I think) so it's a bit overwhelming! I still don't have all of my photos on Facebook! I only have pre-wedding and wedding ceremony/celebration... But I'm still missing the 5 hours of photography that happened after that! One day... one day! I'm still working on those dreaded Thank You's! All of the bridal shower ones are done, and I worked on some of the wedding ones, but I've still got a long way to go! It'll happen in time! This week I headed to JoAnn's (my kryptonite!) and bought about 15 5x7 frames (each for 50% off!!!) and I found a code for 40% off of prints ordered from Walgreens, so I had some family photos printed... I'm going to *try* to get them all sent out to family before Christmas, but it may be closer to New Year's! Maybe that will ease the sting of a tardy "Thank You" Starting a new job really sucks at first, but I'm getting the hang of things! Still learning new things every day, but I'm enjoying myself more now! So I know that you'll get there too- though your job seems a LOT more complex than mine I think my husband would make a good vet, so I keep trying to drop hints that he should try going to school for that! We're at that point where one or both of us need to go back to school ( I hate school) especially since Michael only has a month left at his spa job since Disney's buying out the company he works for. But anyways, things are going well over the Holidays! We bought and set up our first Christmas Tree (got lots of ornaments from the Christmas store @ Downtown Disney!!) and we just bought a pretty new 46" LCD TV and did some rearranging in our living room... exciting things! Sending you pixie dust for a MAGICAL first Christmas as a married couple!
Hi Jillian!! Congratulations fully fledged Concierge Cast Member!! Very proud of you! I know all the guests will adore you!
I'm super excited to have all my proofs! I've gone through them a couple of times, and it's so fabulous to relive the day. One of our friends made an amazing video of the day, and that's really cool to look at. She taped a lot of moments throughout the cruise as well as the wedding day, and is having one of her friends edit it into a DVD. As soon as that gets spliced together, I'll definitely share. When I was planning, it definitely helped to see DCL ceremonies on YouTube. It let me see the pacing for the day, and was integral in how we timed our music.
I too am still working on Thank You cards. I've stolen your magnet idea , so in additional to the cards, I'm going to include the group photo of everyone on magnets. Hope to get it all done this week--cross your fingers for me.
Glad to hear you and Michael had good holidays! New TV is always exciting! I've been in a movie kick lately, so we've been going to the theater almost every weekend. It's a fun date; the movie theater near us has comfy seats that recline a bit and offer dinner options, so we usually go for a matinee and make an afternoon of it. Just saw The Hobbit yesterday. Definitely recommend! Not quite LOTR standard, but impressive in its own right and entertaining.
Have you spent much time in the new Fantasyland yet?? I'm dying to visit! My 30th birthday is in August, so maybe I'll have to plan a trip down to WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclwonderprincess View Post
Thanks for the advice on the wave phones, I really need to get back to wedding planning/crafts and this would be a great one to start with.
My pleasure Yeah, the wavephones are brilliant, especially for a big group. I don't know how we would have organized meetups without them. A list will be a big help for your guests!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxsmortzxX View Post
How exciting to have your wedding featured! Plus, what a great way to share how wonderful the DCL is when it comes to wedding! I am so awed at how great your pictures came out. I hope our photographer can come up with some of that. Lol!!! Your Day 1 report sounds fun and busy. I have never been to the tea room at GF, so I loved those pictures! What a great idea to get away from the planning for a bit and relax.

Can't wait for the next installment!!
Thanks Courtney!! It was a super pleasant surprise! When I first started researching Disney and DCL weddings, The Disney Wedding Blog aka Magical Day Weddings was a staple. I cannot tell you how many times I've been through the other DCL brides images on that site, so it was very flattering to join them. I'm sure your photographer will do an amazing job, and I cannot wait to see your photos!!

The tea room is definitely a fun experience for those who want something girly and intimate. Usually I immerse myself in Disney craziness when in WDW, so it was nice to do something a bit more relaxed. Hope your plans are going well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeanBunny View Post
So exciting to see you featured on Magical Day Weddings! I knew once I saw it on facebook that you must've relayed it to here... Lo and Behold! I even got day 1 of your TR! So excited to see and read more
Thanks Jillian! You wrote the most incredible TR, so I'm not even attempting to follow in your shoes. Hopefully it's not too boring to read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post
Hi Ginger,

Looking forward to reading the rest of your trip report. Your pics are phenomenal. I'm glad to see they were featured.
Thanks Evi!! I was very flattered that our wedding was featured, but I'm more so happy for Jess. She is an incredible photographer and a huge Disney fan, and I hope this increases her exposure amongst DFTW brides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1EvilQueenfan View Post
That's so exciting that you were featured on Magical Day Weddings. The pictures are amazing! I am loving your TR and looking forward to the rest.
Thanks Jodi!! I so appreciate the compliments. I have a couple patient files that I wasn't able to complete on Friday because we got slammed (had a couple of procedures and a kidney failure cat come in), so I've got to finish those today, but I'm hoping to work on Part 2 tonight or tomorrow morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclwonderprincess View Post
This is so exciting, I can't wait to read more!
Thanks so much, Amber!! I appreciate you following along! Not too much longer till your big day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdbuddy View Post
Agggg I was a little bit behind on your thread, so I came to catch up, read the first installment of the TR, and then I figured out that's all you had done! I was so engrossed and then so disappointed in a matter of like 10 seconds. Can't wait to read more!
Haha, Christie, I know the feeling. I'm also behind in everyone's PJs. It'll be nice when I get a chance to catch up because I know there will be tons of amazing things for me to swoon over Hopefully I'll get the next part out soon. It's going to be a synopsis of my day in Disney World and meeting the famous Jillian, and then to the DP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
Really enjoying the TR so far! I love that you and your sister had so many fun moments together. The afternoon tea sounds absolutely lovely, and something I'd love to try some day too!

I saw the feature on Magical Day Weddings and your photos are spectacular! Everything looks amazing!!!

Looking forward to reading more!
Thanks so much, Nicole!! It was a really great day for she and I. Definitely recommend the tea if you can fit it in. It would sorta fit with the vintage vibe of your wedding, although kinda wrong geographic area and time period. Haha, maybe it doesn't exactly fit, but still would be fun to do as an outing with a few ladies that you're close with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieGlitter View Post
Loving itttttt!!!
Thanks Jessica!!
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 11:45 PM   #258
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckledginger View Post
Hi Jillian!! Congratulations fully fledged Concierge Cast Member!! Very proud of you! I know all the guests will adore you!
I'm super excited to have all my proofs! I've gone through them a couple of times, and it's so fabulous to relive the day. One of our friends made an amazing video of the day, and that's really cool to look at. She taped a lot of moments throughout the cruise as well as the wedding day, and is having one of her friends edit it into a DVD. As soon as that gets spliced together, I'll definitely share. When I was planning, it definitely helped to see DCL ceremonies on YouTube. It let me see the pacing for the day, and was integral in how we timed our music.
I too am still working on Thank You cards. I've stolen your magnet idea , so in additional to the cards, I'm going to include the group photo of everyone on magnets. Hope to get it all done this week--cross your fingers for me.
Glad to hear you and Michael had good holidays! New TV is always exciting! I've been in a movie kick lately, so we've been going to the theater almost every weekend. It's a fun date; the movie theater near us has comfy seats that recline a bit and offer dinner options, so we usually go for a matinee and make an afternoon of it. Just saw The Hobbit yesterday. Definitely recommend! Not quite LOTR standard, but impressive in its own right and entertaining.
Have you spent much time in the new Fantasyland yet?? I'm dying to visit! My 30th birthday is in August, so maybe I'll have to plan a trip down to WDW

Thanks Jillian! You wrote the most incredible TR, so I'm not even attempting to follow in your shoes. Hopefully it's not too boring to read

Haha, Christie, I know the feeling. I'm also behind in everyone's PJs. It'll be nice when I get a chance to catch up because I know there will be tons of amazing things for me to swoon over Hopefully I'll get the next part out soon. It's going to be a synopsis of my day in Disney World and meeting the famous Jillian, and then to the DP!!!
Ginger, I LOVE being concierge! The Front Desk was alright, but people don't really WANT to check in, they HAVE to check in. I feel like it was more business than anything. And where I still do everything the Front Desk does, people usually come up to the concierge excited to PLAN their vacation. Talking about the parks and dining and tours and recreation! So much to do! I felt like I already knew SO much about Disney... until I became concierge! There is SO much I still need to learn!! One day at a time, I am definitely in a constant state of learning!

How exciting! When you get your video, I'd like to see it! (I'll probably cry, too! lol) I wish I could've been there! I wish I could be a fly on the wall of all of these lovely DIS weddings!!! I feel so weird on video, so I wasn't too keen on the idea of having a videographer... I don't really like to watch myself on tape or hear my voice the way everyone else hears it... I think someone on my husband's side has video of ours... It would probably be funny to watch Captain Henry tell Michael that it wasn't time to Kiss the Bride yet!

I'm glad you stole my magnet idea! I might be crazy, but I like the idea of being on my friends' & family's refrigerators! I just did two different photos of use with "Mr & Mrs Pariona Thank You" and alternated them through the cards. Over the holidays I also stumbled upon a 50% off frames sale, so I bought about 15-20 and printed out 5x7 photos to send to most of my guests... unfortunately after that (and Christmas) I kinda ran out of fundage... so I still haven't sent them out yet! OH! And I love dine-in theaters! Are they all as expensive as the AMC at Downtown Disney? Gosh, it's so expensive, but I LOVE it! Michael and I saw Les Miserables the day after Christmas with one of our friends at the dine-in side. Great movie! I haven't gotten to see the Hobbit, though... I'll be honest, I only saw the first two LOTR movies! But when I was little, I remember my brothers and I getting comfy in my parents' room and my mom read The Hobbit to us (not that I remember anything about it now!) but I should probably go see it!

Get this... I haven't seen the New Fantasyland at all! The last time I was there it was open only to those who had gotten wristbands for the preview and the closest I got was to the outer castle walls! BUT now that the marathon just finished, it's FINALLY gotten to be slow, so hopefully I'll have time to get to the parks ASAP! I have a scheduled "safari day" with 2 of my other new concierge cast members and we're just spending the day in resort clothes going from resort to resort and *hopefully* to New Fantasyland, too! I had the idea that we should go to Be Our Guest for lunch since we're ALWAYS getting questions about it! This day is all about "product knowledge". I'm so glad I work somewhere where I love the product! If you come down here in August, I definitely want to see you again! It'll be nice to chat when you're not so pre-wedding stressed!

Thanks for the compliment on my TR. I feel like mine was very long winded, though! I just wanted to be thorough both for those who read it, and also for when I go back and read it- maybe I'll remember more that way! I think yours will be just as good and as always, I'm super excited to read more! AND to see more pictures!

Aww, you called me famous! You've gone and made me blush! I don't know if I'm as famous as I am slightly obsessed and just post a lot!

Last edited by JBeanBunny; 01-14-2013 at 11:51 PM.
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:21 AM   #259
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I don't mean to scare anyone off with my experience. I loved having extensions for the wedding, and was definitely happy with the result for the wedding. I just wished I had done a bit more research prior to getting them (as my hair is pretty average now post-extensions), and considered other alternatives. I think it really depends on your hair type, but if you have somewhat fragile hair like I do, clip-ins may be a better option... I've been taking Biotin like crazy, so I'm hoping my hair will start to thicken up again soon.
No worries, you didn't scare me off really. I was very happy to know your experience. I've actually done quite a bit of research (youtube videos and whatnot) and, while I do take biotin everyday (my nails are growing like crazy!!), I do also have fairly fragile hair. As it is I have had to stop using heat and products most days of the week just to get it to grow. I think the clip-ins will be my best option. I do, absolutely, thank you for your honesty!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #260
CaseyLynn
Earning My Ears

oops, sorry, posted on the wrong board. I am so so sorry, I was trying to post on the brides board. :/

Last edited by CaseyLynn; 03-06-2013 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Made a mistake
CaseyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:47 PM   #261
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

I just re-read so much of this. I pulled it up to share with a current bride. I want to thank you again for allowing me to be part of your special day! You were a beautiful bride...stunning!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #262
Disneyducks12
Mouseketeer

Smile Future Disney Bride

Hi ginger I absolutely fell in love with your PJ!! I myself am planning on doing a DCL wedding not for another two years though but I wanted to save far in advance!! I loved your TR and that you got your wedding published it seems so beautiful and I can't wait to book my wedding package, I also loved your engagement pictures! Congratulations on everything? I did have a question did you get a lot of response from your welcome bags?? and how much were the flasks to be custom made that’s something I was toying around with doing?
Disneyducks12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: