Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2011, 07:04 PM   #46
Riverhill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Mom2 View Post
Oh! Question?? Has the date for the Princess half been officially announced?
I can't find a date yet.

Last edited by Riverhill; 12-23-2011 at 07:04 PM. Reason: wrong word
Riverhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:47 PM   #47
NC State
DIS Veteran

Anyone know where I can get an information packet on what the fees are and what the fees cover?

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-23-2011, 10:21 PM   #48
Happy Mom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State View Post
Anyone know where I can get an information packet on what the fees are and what the fees cover?

I found this...
http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events...-half-marathon
Old 12-25-2011, 05:50 PM   #49
NC State
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much that is very helpful!

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #50
Happy Mom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State View Post
Thank you so much that is very helpful!
You're welcome! Just the information gets me inspired and makes me want to run! If only that was all it took.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:02 PM   #51
MaggieMollyMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Mom2 View Post
I had originally planned on doing the Princess 1/2 in 2012, but life got in the way or maybe I got in my own way. DH was out of work for almost a year. I stopped my training due to health issues, and if I am totally honest with myself (and all of you) I just gave up on myself. I keep telling myself I'll start next week, but next week never gets here. Well, "next week" starts today!!

I have a significant amount of weight to lose, and will start with that. Why put off til January 1st when I can start right now? I joined WW online, and will be logging every morsel and every sip that goes in my mouth.

My training will have wait until mid February to begin. I'm having surgery at the beginning of January, and won't be cleared for exercise until mid February. I've already decided to join a local 24 hour health club once I'm cleared for exercise.

I've always used the excuse "I don't have time" when it comes to exercise, but I recently read something that struck a cord with me. It said that we spend our time (and make time for) doing the things that we value the most. I realized I wasn't valuing myself. How can I teach my DD to value herself if I don't value myself? I turned 40 last year, and do NOT want to turn 41 in the same shape I am in right now.

I'm looking forward to supporting and motivating each other. Good luck to everyone, and here's to a great 2012!!
I hear ya sister! Good for you! It's relatively easy to start...but keeping it up is harder, for me anyway. This is a good place to stay motivated and support each other! For me, one of my daughters, and now me too, have been terribly sick for almost a month and I haven't been able to even go walking let alone run. We are in WDW next week and then hopefully, I will be able to start training again. I really miss it and dont' think I will have trouble getting back out there.
Good luck! keep in touch

DVC Members - BLT
MaggieMollyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:45 PM   #52
gudrench3
Mouseketeer

Me! Me! Me!

Count me in please! I had started the C25K and then fell off the wagon...but I am back on it now and am getting excited about returning to the world. I want to run through that Castle so bad.

'85 Offsite, '92 Dolphin, '98 Offsite, '00 Offsite, '03 AS Sports, '05 AS Sports, '07 (Nov/Dec) POFQ, '09 POP, May '11 CSR, 2013 PRINCESS HALF TRIP!!!!

My "New goal, new me, new excitement!" Weight Loss & C25K Journal
gudrench3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:37 PM   #53
hollieplus2
Tags always make people happy
I kept saying chewable
My toes might appreciate some alone time

I want to be a princess too!!!!!

I'm in. I have to start the C25k, lose about 70lbs and somehow find the money but I want in!!!!!! Can't find anyone at home (except DH) willing to go the distance with me and I don't want to race alone I have printed the marathon logo and had it laminated. It's now on my fridge, inside the pantry, on my bathroom mirror and on my work computer to remind me all day long of my goals.

We have a cruise set for 12/12 so I need to save for that plus the trip....this will take lots of motivation but I'm hoping for the best. I'm really good at making plans, researching, thinking, organizing but not actually getting up and doing.....

Anywho, figured my Dis friends are the perfect motivation plus I really really really want that medal and a team sparkle skirt!!!!!!!!

July 2006---Pop, ASMovies, Animal Kingdom
September/October 2007---POFQ
December 2009---WDW & DCL
September 2012---POR/ToT 10 Miler
hollieplus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:14 PM   #54
Happy Mom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieMollyMom View Post
I hear ya sister! Good for you! It's relatively easy to start...but keeping it up is harder, for me anyway. This is a good place to stay motivated and support each other! For me, one of my daughters, and now me too, have been terribly sick for almost a month and I haven't been able to even go walking let alone run. We are in WDW next week and then hopefully, I will be able to start training again. I really miss it and dont' think I will have trouble getting back out there.
Good luck! keep in touch
The hard part for me is getting started. I joined WW online two months ago, and never did a thing!

I hope you and your DDs are feeling better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gudrench3 View Post
Count me in please! I had started the C25K and then fell off the wagon...but I am back on it now and am getting excited about returning to the world. I want to run through that Castle so bad.
Me too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollieplus2 View Post
I'm in. I have to start the C25k, lose about 70lbs and somehow find the money but I want in!!!!!! Can't find anyone at home (except DH) willing to go the distance with me and I don't want to race alone I have printed the marathon logo and had it laminated. It's now on my fridge, inside the pantry, on my bathroom mirror and on my work computer to remind me all day long of my goals.

We have a cruise set for 12/12 so I need to save for that plus the trip....this will take lots of motivation but I'm hoping for the best. I'm really good at making plans, researching, thinking, organizing but not actually getting up and doing.....

Anywho, figured my Dis friends are the perfect motivation plus I really really really want that medal and a team sparkle skirt!!!!!!!!

Me too!! Me too!!! I'll be alone so I'll race with you!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, like I said earlier, I joined WW two months ago, but never did a thing. I finally canceled it. I joined the fitnesspal a PP suggested. It's free, and I love the phone app. I starting tracking today. My goal between now and Dec 31st is to track every bite and every sip I put in my mouth. Just today when I was entering stuff, I was much more conscious of what I was eating, and it made me realize just how many calories I've been consuming.

I'm having surgery on the 11th, and won't be released from the doctor to exercise for 6 weeks. I'm hoping to be able to start walking after a few weeks. As soon as I'm released I'm going to start the C25K.

We are taking a family trip to WDW in Nov 2012 so the Princess half will be a quick solo trip. I'm hoping to find a Dis friend to run/walk with.

Hope you all are doing great in your training.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:19 PM   #55
Riverhill
DIS Veteran

In to my 2nd week of Jeff Galloway 8 week pre training routine. I may be jumping the gun but since I am 42 it may take me a year to get in shape for this thing.

Riverhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:29 PM   #56
Happy Mom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverhill View Post
In to my 2nd week of Jeff Galloway 8 week pre training routine. I may be jumping the gun but since I am 42 it may take me a year to get in shape for this thing.
It's never too early to start!
Old 01-01-2012, 12:30 AM   #57
moniqueelaine
Mouseketeer

I am in!!! I started working out, not running much til about a month ago. I have lost about 60lbs with another 20 to 30 to lose...I have always wanted to run a Disney race, I just finally decided to do it and set my sights for the princess one....I would love to get my coast to coast medal that year but we will see how it goes....I am trying to decide which plan to do, it is between Jeff Galloways walk/run or c25k..right now i am just trying to condition then I will decide...I am so glad I foubnd this thread, need all the support and motivation I can get.....
Old 01-01-2012, 07:34 AM   #58
indimom
Are We There Yet?

I'm in a similar place to many of you. I turned 39 yesterday and have struggled with my weight for most of the last decade. I've never been athletic and tend to binge and stress eat.

When I would get serious about it, I would drop into a healthy weight range, but within months I would fall off the bandwagon and put it back on.

About two years ago, I added walking and that helped me feel better, but didn't really help with the weight.

During 2011, I started the Couch to 5K with a friend and have managed to keep off 25 pounds. Since early fall, I've run three 5Ks. I'm so amazed. Prior to this year, I had NEVER run more than a mile in my life (and those mile runs were a long, long time ago), I had no idea I had it in me. Our max run at this point is 7 miles. We aren't fast (about an 11 minute mile) and it's probably not pretty, but we can do it.

I am currently in training for the Indianapolis Mini Marathon in May. I hope and pray I'll be able to jog the entire thing. It's pretty scary and I think we both lack confidence a bit, but we're working on that! We're also going to work on improving our eating habits. We think that we are holding ourselves back with our "not so great" choices and hope that improvement there will show in our runs.

That brings me to Disney. For a couple years, I've been hoping and planning for an all girls trip to Disney to celebrate my 40th birthday (Dec. 31, 2012) with my three sisters. As of right now, I'm not sure how many of the sisters will really come and I'm a bit bummed. Then, I was reminded of the marathon in January and I'm getting a glimmer of an exciting possibility. I would love to be fit and fabulous at 40 after all these years of struggling with myself. And it would be perfect to celebrate that in my Happy Place! I can't guarrantee the trip is going to work out or that I'll be ready for a marathon by then. But, I'm going to aim high.

So, I hope you all don't mind if I hang out with you while we work on our fitness goals!
Old 01-01-2012, 11:26 AM   #59
bellerunner
Mouseketeer

I wanted to give a big Congrats! to everyone in this thread for deciding to take this on in 2013!

I am running my first runDisney event in February for the 2012 Disney Princess Half Marathon. It's technically my 2nd half, but I couldn't train/perform as well as I wanted to due to an injury.

If this goes well, I fully plan on coming back for 2013 (5 year anniversary, after all!), hopefully with my best friend (who is running it with me this year), and 2 of my sisters-in-law!
bellerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #60
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

New year, new me!!!

I am officially starting my training and meal plan for Princess 1/2 2013.
Today is day one.
For now I'm going with the timeline of the 2012 dates for the 1/2 so I have about 400 days or so. I know it will go fast, the Everest 5K did too so I need make sure every day counts.
I'm glad to see the thread is still moving and more people are interested in going.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: