Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2011, 09:02 PM   #31
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

OK I'm officially on the books with running. I did a modified C25K and then ran the terrain simulator on my treadmill. I did Diamond Head 1.5 times.
I logged probably about 4 miles, I need to go back and look.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:38 AM   #32
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs

I haven't quite decided yet, but I think I am in for the Princess in 2013! I've been trying to decide between Marathon weekend 1/2 or doing the Princess. I looked at youtube videos and the Princess appealed to me alot more. Unofficially I think I would like to do the Princess and then eventually go back and do the full marathon and get my Mickey medal!

the only thing I think that will sway me now to do the 1/2 in January is DS. If he does the 1/2 he won't do the Princess...teenage boys!

so tentatively I'm in!

I have alot of weight to loose...100+ pounds, I am doing good so far, and after watching the biggest loser participants do a full, and watching one of the extrmeme makeover weight loss edition show (the lady ran the Disneyland 1/2 marathon weighing in at 295) I know I can do this too! I just have a lot of work ahead of me.
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2011, 12:23 PM   #33
MaggieMollyMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCESS VIJA View Post
I haven't quite decided yet, but I think I am in for the Princess in 2013! I've been trying to decide between Marathon weekend 1/2 or doing the Princess. I looked at youtube videos and the Princess appealed to me alot more. Unofficially I think I would like to do the Princess and then eventually go back and do the full marathon and get my Mickey medal!

the only thing I think that will sway me now to do the 1/2 in January is DS. If he does the 1/2 he won't do the Princess...teenage boys!

so tentatively I'm in!

I have alot of weight to loose...100+ pounds, I am doing good so far, and after watching the biggest loser participants do a full, and watching one of the extrmeme makeover weight loss edition show (the lady ran the Disneyland 1/2 marathon weighing in at 295) I know I can do this too! I just have a lot of work ahead of me.

I know what you mean....a friend wants me to do the marathon weekend in jan but i'm more of a princess marathon kinda girl! I also have lots to lose but i know i will get there....the BL episode this week was great for motivation!!!! if they can, we can!!!

keep it up everyone!!!

DVC Members - BLT
MaggieMollyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:24 PM   #34
MaggieMollyMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
OK I'm officially on the books with running. I did a modified C25K and then ran the terrain simulator on my treadmill. I did Diamond Head 1.5 times.
I logged probably about 4 miles, I need to go back and look.

Awesome!!!!!!

DVC Members - BLT
Old 12-10-2011, 05:59 PM   #35
princessCKL
Mouseketeer

To all of you turning 40 and doing your first half marathon - I wanted to share that I am 53. I started running for the first time in my life this past June. In Nov. I did the San Antonio Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon in 3 hours, 15 minutes, 15 seconds. I am doing the Princess 1/2 in 2012 but I am sure it is going to become an annual thing for me! I hope to do the Disneyland Half Labor Day Weekend and get that Coast to Coast medal.
princessCKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #36
firecracker725
DIS Veteran

Lord willing, I'll be in for 2013. My New Year's resolution is to train for a half marathon, and I think that a perfect goal is the Princess, even though it'll be more than a year later.

Right now I'm seriously overweight and in abysmal physical condition, so I'm planning on starting out with a modified C25K. There's a Chick-fil-A 5K that lines up perfectly with my training time frame, so I'll go for that. I'd love to run the Peachtree Road Race (ATL) in July, but I don't know if I'm up for running in that heat. I'll have to see how my training goes.

I'm so excited that I can barely contain myself, though I know it won't last.

-------------
firecracker725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:42 PM   #37
MaggieMollyMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecracker725 View Post
Lord willing, I'll be in for 2013. My New Year's resolution is to train for a half marathon, and I think that a perfect goal is the Princess, even though it'll be more than a year later.

Right now I'm seriously overweight and in abysmal physical condition, so I'm planning on starting out with a modified C25K. There's a Chick-fil-A 5K that lines up perfectly with my training time frame, so I'll go for that. I'd love to run the Peachtree Road Race (ATL) in July, but I don't know if I'm up for running in that heat. I'll have to see how my training goes.

I'm so excited that I can barely contain myself, though I know it won't last.
Good for you!! I know for me it's been really slow...still just doing 12 minutes at a time of running. but i have been walking up a pretty steep hill as well. it will come.....i keep telling myself this anyway!!! now with the weather getting rather frigid (in canada) i may look at doing the treadmill too lol brrrrrrr i would like to try a march 5K....we'll see

Kim

DVC Members - BLT
Old 12-11-2011, 06:46 PM   #38
pixie dust 112
DIS Veteran
Anderson Cooper stews my juices!
Wanna move in with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessCKL View Post
To all of you turning 40 and doing your first half marathon - I wanted to share that I am 53. I started running for the first time in my life this past June. In Nov. I did the San Antonio Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon in 3 hours, 15 minutes, 15 seconds. I am doing the Princess 1/2 in 2012 but I am sure it is going to become an annual thing for me! I hope to do the Disneyland Half Labor Day Weekend and get that Coast to Coast medal.
I am so happy to see your post! I am turning 50 next month and my goal is to run a 1/2 marathon during my 50th year! I just have to get moving. This encourages me to start! I would love to do a 1/2 in the fall and then maybe I'd be ready for another for the princess!
Old 12-12-2011, 11:08 AM   #39
jenelope
In my house, I *am* the kid! (also, the mom, the dad and the maid)

I "gave myself" the Princess Half for my 40th birthday this year! It was absolutely the best present I ever gave myself! I had hoped to run again in 2012, but it's just not going to work out, so I am setting 2013 as my next "gift." Planning Coast to Coast Challenge in 2013!
Old 12-13-2011, 11:35 AM   #40
firecracker725
DIS Veteran

Although it was really ugly, I survived my first run this morning. If anyone saw me, I'm sure they were laughing their butts off. I started out with a jacket but quickly realized it was way too hot for that, so I tied it around my waist. It kept falling down, so I had to keep stopping to pick it up and re-tie it. Also, I need an armband for my iphone. I accidentally paused my workout (on RunKeeper) one time, and had to stop to figure out how to fix it.

The good news is that I made all of my intervals. I did a 30sec/2min run-wak ratio with a 5 min warm up and cool down. It worked out well, and I wasn't overexerted with the short runs. I feel pretty good.

-------------
firecracker725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:36 AM   #41
NC State
DIS Veteran

I'm 47 years old just lost 35.6 lbs and I need to lose 25 more. I'm thinking of doing this. Is there a web site or packet I can get that will list what this is about and the cost?

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:38 PM   #42
Riverhill
DIS Veteran

I hope to be there in 2013. My dear friend ran the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington DC on her 40th. We will be 43 in 2013 and she said she would run it with me if I did.

I need a goal and something to look forward too, I think the princess is a great idea.

Riverhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:20 PM   #43
ShannonRT
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I will be 40 in October and have just started running for the first time in my life. I am on Week 3 of the C25K program (except I'm doubling it and doing each week twice) with a goal of my first 5K on 4/1/12.

I just discovered this race today and am seriously thinking about doing it in 2013. I NEVER thought I would be a runner, but so far, I am enjoying the challenge and combining that with my love for Disney seems like a win/win.

DH started doing triathlons (and one half) this year and trained with Team in Training for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. They are also the beneficiary of the Princess Half. He said if I committed to this race, he would run it in a tutu! He does not share my love of Disney, so I think this is the only way I will ever get him to go with me! (DD is my Disney buddy)

And that tiara finisher's medal...WOW!!!
Old 12-23-2011, 08:52 AM   #44
Happy Mom2
DIS Veteran

I had originally planned on doing the Princess 1/2 in 2012, but life got in the way or maybe I got in my own way. DH was out of work for almost a year. I stopped my training due to health issues, and if I am totally honest with myself (and all of you) I just gave up on myself. I keep telling myself I'll start next week, but next week never gets here. Well, "next week" starts today!!

I have a significant amount of weight to lose, and will start with that. Why put off til January 1st when I can start right now? I joined WW online, and will be logging every morsel and every sip that goes in my mouth.

My training will have wait until mid February to begin. I'm having surgery at the beginning of January, and won't be cleared for exercise until mid February. I've already decided to join a local 24 hour health club once I'm cleared for exercise.

I've always used the excuse "I don't have time" when it comes to exercise, but I recently read something that struck a cord with me. It said that we spend our time (and make time for) doing the things that we value the most. I realized I wasn't valuing myself. How can I teach my DD to value herself if I don't value myself? I turned 40 last year, and do NOT want to turn 41 in the same shape I am in right now.

I'm looking forward to supporting and motivating each other. Good luck to everyone, and here's to a great 2012!!
Old 12-23-2011, 08:53 AM   #45
Happy Mom2
DIS Veteran

Oh! Question?? Has the date for the Princess half been officially announced?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: