Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #16
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Checking in. Haven't had much time for any kind of training. Thankfully Cross country season ends next week, and I have a month until Indoor Track starts.
Went to Target today and picked up a running hat and running gloves. I've decided to hit the outdoor trail as much as I can to keep the body accustomed to running outside. The treadmill is too cushy.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:22 AM   #17
erinna
Mouseketeer

In case anyone hasn't seen them, Jeff Galloway has made some training plans available on the Disney site:

http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events...ng-consultant/

As for me, I'm more of a walker than a runner, but depending on how I enjoy the Jan 5K, I may try for the 2013 Princess Half!
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2011, 03:01 PM   #18
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

i'm in for the Princess half in 2013! I want to do the coast to coast challenge that but I don't think i'll have the money. darn you grad school! Oh well.. just means more disney trips for me
Old 10-29-2011, 08:42 AM   #19
pugletgirl
Earning My Ears

I'm planing on the Princess 1/2 for 2013. I haven't started training (or doing anything) yet. I just discovered the race within the last week and decided it was a great goal to get healthy. I have about 50 lbs to lose that have crept up on me in the last 5 years. I've never been much on exercise, but that medal looks so shiny and princessy that it motivates me to get off my butt and try something new. I also have C25K on the ready and as soon as I kick this chest cold I picked up at WDW last week, I will get started.

I'm happy to have found you and this thread!
pugletgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:24 AM   #20
erinna
Mouseketeer

My tentative training plan is built around the idea of first 5King at Marathon weekend. At this point I'm able to do it in the 45 minutes they suggest to avoid being swept.

After Marathon weekend, I want to add weight training in the hopes of being able to go over the darn wall at the Everest Challenge.

And then it's on to training for the Marathon weekend and princess halfs!!!!

(although DH husband doesn't know I want to to both the Marathon weekend AND the Princess half in 2013. I figure I'll let him in on that AFTER Everest.)
Old 10-29-2011, 08:08 PM   #21
MaggieMollyMom
Mouseketeer

Good luck! you can do it! We are at WDW marathon week too and a friend suggested i try the 5K....i won't tho,,.kind of scared, kind of realistic in thinking that I won't do it in the time allowed!! I just started Sept 19. We shall see.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinna View Post
My tentative training plan is built around the idea of first 5King at Marathon weekend. At this point I'm able to do it in the 45 minutes they suggest to avoid being swept.

After Marathon weekend, I want to add weight training in the hopes of being able to go over the darn wall at the Everest Challenge.

And then it's on to training for the Marathon weekend and princess halfs!!!!

(although DH husband doesn't know I want to to both the Marathon weekend AND the Princess half in 2013. I figure I'll let him in on that AFTER Everest.)

DVC Members - BLT
MaggieMollyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:42 PM   #22
scrump
so the decision has been made for me
I think they are both a lot of fun and very unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieMollyMom View Post
Well, for me, I joined a local clinic at a running shop here (very similar to C25K or "Runn you butt off", which is a pretty good book btw). I am running very slowly so that I can last the whole # of minutes for that week. This is what the folks at my group have advised anyway. Seems to be working. As for diet, I am trying to cut down on portions to start, and cut out my night time snacking (well, snack-food-free-for-all LOL). That is THEE worst time for me...I put the girls to bed and then, oh wow, there's a whole bag of cookies left??? mmmmm LOL This is just a start. I only started my big 'change' 3 weeks ago. I have lost 6.5 lbs! i have tried every diet out there, all the quick fixes. Now i seem to be saying to myself "running feels better than that cookie tastes". I know that if I don;'t lose a significant amount of weight, I won't last through a 1/2. So here goes!!
Congrats on that change! I think it's a lot more impactful to consider it a "lifestyle change" rather than a diet, too. I've been running on and off for the past two years and gradually built up from the C25k to 5k to 10k to half marathon, and never would have thought I'd get this far. I ran/walked the half (but completed!), and that totally motivated me to want to run the entire thing, so am now looking through some training plans for a half marathon for 2012. I also started to eat better, happily stopped craving the junk I used to eat and felt antsy when I couldn't get my runs in - all a total shift from how I used to operate. It was a total rewiring of my system. Best thing I ever did for myself health-wise.

Anyway, I think your decision to run the Princess is awesome - good luck! - and thanks for starting this thread!

scrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #23
aggielawyer
DIS Veteran

Throwing my hat in for the 2013 Princess Half. I am a total couch potato right now, but my SIL started running this year and when she found out that Disney did races she asked me if I would do one with her. If there is anything that would entice me to run, it is a Disney trip! So I need to get out there and get started. I have a bunch of weight to lose, so I'm looking at this as a year to change my whole life.

BC 2/12 * Pop 2/11 * Pop 9/09 * BC 12/08 * BC 12/99

aggielawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #24
TiggerFan3590
Mouseketeer

Count me in.....I am planning on the Princess in 2013.... I will be turning...... 50 that year and want to run the Princess and then the Disneyland Half in September.... I am running my first half at the Tinker Bell in January.... I have been training for the Tink and find that my long runs aren't so bad.... I am previously a serious waddler... so this running thing is new to me and surprise surprise, I am actually enjoying it.....
1995-CBR/Swan
2000-ASM
2006-DD High School Grad DS First Trip-CBR
2010-DS 8th Birthday BC-CL
2012-First Half Marathon-Tinker Bell DL

2014-Glass Slipper Challenge Completed!
2014-DDD-Earning my CTC
TiggerFan3590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:18 PM   #25
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Recommitting to C25K this week. I have got to get my butt in gear if I want to make the Princess 1/2 2013.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:01 PM   #26
Terapin
DIS Veteran

I'm in! I will be 40 next May, and really happy about some changes I have been making. Still have quite a bit of weight to lose - have been enjoying running since I started in June. Have lost about 23# so far, and have finished 2 5Ks - one in September and one in October. Am running one on January 1st, and the DW January 5k.

Going to work up to the 1/2!

Yay us1

2014 Princess GSC! BLT/VGF/DCL stay
2014 Determined to do Dopey! BWV stay

Terapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:50 PM   #27
MaggieMollyMom
Mouseketeer

hi everyone! still here....just lacking energy to go online lately!! but not lacking energy to run thankfully! how's everyone else doin? i'm on a kick to walk/run up a giant hill we have near my house...so kicking my butt!! lovin it!!! I really need to work on eating tho.........hmmmmmmmmmm

DVC Members - BLT
MaggieMollyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:31 AM   #28
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieMollyMom View Post
hi everyone! still here....just lacking energy to go online lately!! but not lacking energy to run thankfully! how's everyone else doin? i'm on a kick to walk/run up a giant hill we have near my house...so kicking my butt!! lovin it!!! I really need to work on eating tho.........hmmmmmmmmmm
ugh haven't started the running portion of my training but I now have a job a a dog walker so I walk at least 4 miles a day just for my job. Hopefully i can run this winter, and the snow gods will bless me and it wont be as bad here in MA as it was last year so I can.

As for eating right, i'm using my jaw surgery (today eek!) as a chance to restart my healthy eating. I have way too big a sweet tooth.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:16 AM   #29
aurora23
Mouseketeer

My goal is to run the Princess in 2013. The goal was originally 2012 but we got a wonderful surprise and I will be 8.5 months pregnant for the 2012 race. Not going to happen.

1989 Off Site; 1996 CBR; 2000 Off Site;
May 2007 CBR; January 2008 POP; September 2009 Honeymoon at POP; September 2010 POP

aurora23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:58 PM   #30
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

I'm in!!

I'm running the Royal Family 5k (first race!) in Feb. and am very excited!

I'm not turning 40 but I will be celebrating a birthday that February!

Best of luck with training!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: