Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #511
Dagny
Went to the original, and now knows what the REAL castle looks like

I am a walker as well. I met some of my favorite people at the Princess last year while walking! We have done several races together since I had to sell my bib this year due to a broken foot and am seriously bummed...... Have a great time!

WDW Half Marathon October 2011
WDW Marathon Relay January 2012
Tinker Bell Half Marathon January 2012
Princess Half Marathon February 2012
Dallas Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon March 2012
Expedition Everest May 2012
Wounded Warrior Half Marathon June 2012
Disneyland Half Marathon August 2012
TOT 10 Miler September 2012
Wine and Dine Half Marathon November 2012
WDW Half Marathon January 2013
WDW Marathon DNF January 2013
Dagny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #512
debbieandroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2012 View Post
Wouldn't it be nice if we could all take all the worry we share about the "sweepers" and channel it into positive energy to help us believe in ourselves, our journey and our own abilities! I know last year (my 1st 1/2) I too spent countless time and energy worrying about being swept and the "bus of shame" (which I DONOT personally believe in - EVERYONE who trains and shows up to race is automatically a winner to me!) - only to have finished without ever having even seen a balloon rider....so relax! If you have trained and you have worked towards this goal you WILL DO IT!! Your medal is only 13 days away!!
Keep your eye on the prize and your heart in the game!
Dreamer, you are such a treasure - thank you for that sweet message!

For the past two days, I've been using that extra batch of nerves to get in a couple of good, fast walks. Last night, I was pulling my dog around the neighborhood - he was out of breath! And this morning, even my watch seemed excited to tell me that I had logged my fastest time - a 14:26 mm pace! Okay, it was for only a mile and the walk was only two miles but I was encouraged to see that I can walk faster than I thought I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagny View Post
I am a walker as well. I met some of my favorite people at the Princess last year while walking! We have done several races together since I had to sell my bib this year due to a broken foot and am seriously bummed...... Have a great time!
I've walked in a bunch of races over the past year and am usually by myself near the end. One thing I'm looking forward to in the PHM is meeting other walkers in the back of the pack, maybe even making good friends, too.

Congratulations, Dagny, on all of your races - that's quite a list! I'm so sorry that you've broken your foot....hope you feel better soon.
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #513
PattiPooh
Earning My Ears

Hi ladies! So good to see so many walkers!!

I herniated two discs in my back, back on Jan 11th. My training stopped. The furthest I have gone is 6.82 miles on an extremely hilly course. So hoping that pays off on the flat course of Disney.

This weekend my husband and I are going to try for 10 miles. I don't usually take any food or water with me, but I think I will this weekend because I get really tired after awhile. This will also be my first time walking with anyone. I usually go by myself. I am just hoping the weather holds up and it is at least above 20 degrees. Hoping for the 30's or higher!!

Keep on walking ladies! See you in 10 days!!!

Visits to Disney Since Married 3/18/00
2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2013
PattiPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #514
Dreamer2012
Mouseketeer

Good for you PattiPoo! It is impressive that you did not just give up. I admire that kind of persistence. I hope all goes well for you.
Also wondering - what corral are all you walkers in? My DD15 and I are Corral C - hope some of you will be with us?
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:59 AM   #515
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Weather Channel predicts 83/63 for race day, folks. Here we go!!!

sunnygal041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #516
2TxAgs
DIS Veteran

Dagny - sent you a PM.

W/kids
Dec 2000, Dec 2001, Aug 2007, Jun 2009, Aug 2010
W/O kids
Oct 2001, Apr 2008, May 2011
2TxAgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:35 AM   #517
megny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2012 View Post
Good for you PattiPoo! It is impressive that you did not just give up. I admire that kind of persistence. I hope all goes well for you.
Also wondering - what corral are all you walkers in? My DD15 and I are Corral C - hope some of you will be with us?

We will be starting in D... a few in my group had C, but the last had D so we will drop back.

What are everyone's training plans for the week? I'm thinking a few short 2 milers during the week.

Anyone doing the 5K too? I'll be out there!
megny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #518
Dreamer2012
Mouseketeer

2013 Is over....2014 ANYONE? C2C ANYONE?

Hi Ladies....We are back home and I am so so very tired, proud and happy to have experienced my second PHM! Although the weather was unbearable this year the humidity just did me in....I still enjoyed the journey. We actually stopped for some photos in front of the Castle and again for our personal "chear squad" after exiting the Castle...(lastn year I would NEVER of dreamt of stopping for Any reason!) - and with all that heat and the stops we only added 15mins to my last years time. Since the time was NOT the goal -I was so happy to have the beautiful Medal placed upon my neck and the pixie dust placed on my head!
The only problem now is nothing to look forward to or to train for - so I guess it is time to "THINK AHEAD" - I would love to hear from all of you and hear your experiences....feel like sharing?
Old 02-27-2013, 07:30 PM   #519
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2012
Hi Ladies....We are back home and I am so so very tired, proud and happy to have experienced my second PHM! Although the weather was unbearable this year the humidity just did me in....I still enjoyed the journey. We actually stopped for some photos in front of the Castle and again for our personal "chear squad" after exiting the Castle...(lastn year I would NEVER of dreamt of stopping for Any reason!) - and with all that heat and the stops we only added 15mins to my last years time. Since the time was NOT the goal -I was so happy to have the beautiful Medal placed upon my neck and the pixie dust placed on my head!
The only problem now is nothing to look forward to or to train for - so I guess it is time to "THINK AHEAD" - I would love to hear from all of you and hear your experiences....feel like sharing?
Congratulations! I am doing my first 5K in a couple of weeks. I am already leaning towards trying a half one day! If you don't mind sharing, what was your time? I am just curious as to how much time it might take to walk and take pictures.
keahgirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:15 AM   #520
Dreamer2012
Mouseketeer

I never mind sharing! Good luck in your upcoming first 5k! Let us know how it goes! Our time was 3:45:59 - we had trained for 15 min miles and had walked many 14 min miles, but the heat and high humidity killed us northern girls! We were happy to finish and get ours medals!
Old 02-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #521
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I never mind sharing! Good luck in your upcoming first 5k! Let us know how it goes! Our time was 3:45:59 - we had trained for 15 min miles and had walked many 14 min miles, but the heat and high humidity killed us northern girls! We were happy to finish and get ours medals!
Thanks for the info! I am doing a run/walk method, but I'm not sure how much of a half I could run. I guess I need to do my 5K and not get too far ahead of myself! lol
Old 02-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #522
Dreamer2012
Mouseketeer

I had NEVER done any race before my half marathon. I just put my mind to it and never looked back. I started with the run walk method but found out quickly it wasn't for me. Too hard on my knees and body with all the pounding so decided to concentrate on the walking. It has served me well since then! Good luck on your personal journey to the PHM!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:28 PM   #523
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I had NEVER done any race before my half marathon. I just put my mind to it and never looked back. I started with the run walk method but found out quickly it wasn't for me. Too hard on my knees and body with all the pounding so decided to concentrate on the walking. It has served me well since then! Good luck on your personal journey to the PHM!
That is kind of what I'm wondering. My knee is okay at 3-4 miles, but I may have to walk more at 13.1! What a big accomplishment for you! Doing a half right out if the gate is amazing!
Old 02-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #524
John VN
DIS Cast Member
N.Y. Style CHEESECAKE RULES!
Old Paramus Boy

D2012 and DD and to all you other half marathon finishers,
John VN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #525
Dreamer2012
Mouseketeer

Thanks JohnVN I really have you to thank! I never would have completed the first one if you had not been so supportive. You gavel advice and strength. So tell us what you're up to these days....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: