Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2011, 03:18 AM   #1
buddles norfolk uk
Earning My Ears

2013 WDW'ers... keeping the excitement up?

Hi guys, I'm Jodie and I recently introduced myself in the DisVids sticky to say hi
I just wanted to ask you guys how you keep the excitement up for a holiday so far away? I've been feeling a bit low this week regarding the holiday because a) I priced up a mini-break to DLRP next year to get a quick, cheap Disney-fix to tide us over and it is NOT cheap, we decided the money would be better put in the WDW 2013 fund, and b) lots of people this week have been able to get the Delta glitch flights for £500-ish for summer 2012, and there was nooooo way we'd be able to afford that at this stage, even though it's an awesome deal.
So I have just been feeling a bit miserable that our 2013 holiday is so incredibly far away, I thought you guys might have some tips to stay motivated to save and keep the excitement up!
I do it by looking at old trip photos, listening to Disney songs in the car, watching parades/fireworks videos on youtube and most of all reading PTRs and TRs! I have also ordered the Disney UK vacation planning book and brochure from the website. I have always been to WDW before with my parents, my Dad is the Disney nut, and when he found out me and DBF are saving for a trip on our own in 2013 he surprised me in the post with the Brit's Guide to Orlando and the Hidden Magic of DisneyWorld books. That helped the excitement alot!
Looking forward to hearing your responses!

WDW2002, Offsite | WDW2003, Caribbean Beach | WDW2004, Offsite | WDW2008, Pop Century | WDW2013, The saving has begun!

buddles norfolk uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:47 AM   #2
PoppetK
Mouseketeer

Hi buddles norfolk uk

We're exactly the same as you, planning our first trip in 2013. We were also originally planning to go to DLP next year, it's my 30th birthday in March and the plan was a few nights at the Disneyland Hotel to celebrate.

We then decided to book WDW and after pricing DLP next year there's NO WAY we can go to both I feel a bit sad we're not getting our Disney fix for a while, we've been to DLP at Christmas for the last 2 years. My eldest son (6) keeps asking when we're going back and I hate telling him it's aaaaages away, but I keep trying to make sure he understands how amazing WDW is going to be. I've showed him pictures of the villa we're going to be staying in and told him that the minute we get there he's allowed to jump in the pool with his clothes on That's what he's most excited about at the moment!

As for keeping excited it's hard. At the moment my best mates and fellow DIS'ers are in WDW. They posted some FB photos yesterday and seeing their pics has helped the excitment. They've been 4 times and are complete Disney fanatics so talking to them helps. We've booked the villa but are at kind of a lull until we book flights. I've been amusing myself by reading about direct v indirect flights. I read about what restaurants we want to eat in a lot, it's going to be my sons 8th birthday when we're there so I plan what we're going to do to make it special.

Also helps that a woman I work with is also planning to go the same time as us. I chat to her a lot and tell her little bits of info my friends tell me. My brother in law is also coming with us so I'm constantly emailing him links to different places (I think he's getting fedup now though). I try not to talk about it too much in front of the kids, I don't want then wound up quite yet where there's so long to go.

This time in 2 years we will be there now, that thought excites me. I can't wait to get 2011 over so in 2012 I can say we're going to WDW NEXT YEAR!

I still think it's too early for me to add a ticker though, seeing that would depress me even more! x

2009 - DLP HNY | 2010 - DLP HNY | 2013 - DLP HNY
PoppetK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2011, 04:38 AM   #3
queendisney
DIS Veteran

The best way to keep the buzz high is def to find a like minded person who shares your LOVE of Disney, avoiding big time those that say 'why do you want to go there again?' !! I find looking at this forum good as well so you can get your daily fix And you know it makes sense to save your pennies for WDW as it really is the best I also, sadly I know, check the weather for Orlando EVERY DAY and also the flight departures from Gatwick and arrivals in Orlando!!!!!!!! I was also thinking about getting another kitchen clock set to Orlando time but managed to curb that one

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:45 AM   #4
Bonnie151
DIS Veteran

I entertain myself by reading the trip reports here and the dining reports.

DLP *is* expensive! Having said that, we're going to London for a few days over the October break this year and I've just realised that for the money we're spending on London, we could have gone to DLP instead!!!
Bonnie151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:16 PM   #5
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Hello all, I'm feeling your pain too! Like all you guys we looked at Dlp and I just could not justify the price for a trip that would only be around 4 days long!! That's an extra wk in the World .... I'm stuck right now with doing the ultimate trip in 2013 and knowing I can afford it without being near broke for the next yr lol!!! Or being broke till next august and going at our favourite time next September/October ( I adore Halloween, so love MNSSHP) and Disney do it soooo well , if I go in 2013 it will have to be around April as hubby is RAF and we are due to be posted abroad( were hoping the states do fingers crossed) then I could get my fix more often then every 2 yrs we could do 2 wks more comfortable next yr but with my boys aged 7,7,10 next yr they want to do Universal too since we didn't do it last time, which means I really want to do 3 wks! Flight prices have gone up so much that it makes sense to do 3 if We can stretch the pennies,so I'm driving my hubby nuts with the indecisions He let's me get on with the planning then brings me back down to earth when I get too carried away, example I kind of booked our last trip without telling him (3 wks 2 rooms at AKL ) damn expensive and will never live it down that we was SKINT for the yr before he was not a happy hubby he got over it however when we arrived and it was finally all paid Anyways enough rambling about my planning I keep myself excited by looking through these boards night after night day after day! I need a job lol but with hubbys job and never knowing when or where he is working Its not visible, so I keep myself entertained by looking up restaurant reviews resort reviews and trying to help others as I've been 15 times as a child and 5 x I even married at Disney in the pavilion and I'm only 26!!!! I look forward to hearing your plans and I hope I can figure out soon when I'm going as I'm starting to drive myself round the bend, hence why I'm not asleep now! As I don't know wether to book next yr with the current deals that end in November or wait to see what January brings as they normally always bring out a better deal then what I book at that time..... Stay excited
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:55 AM   #6
jowan
Mouseketeer

Hi all we are also just starting to plan for 2013 and know exactly how you are feeling. Thankfully my husband is also a big fan so we keep each other going most of the time.

We've started going through previous dvd's, podcasts, forums and general internet searching. Also we try and talk to other fans .

Although it feels like a lifetime away I'm sure the time will pass quickly or so I'm hoping .
Old 09-30-2011, 11:46 AM   #7
buddles norfolk uk
Earning My Ears

Hello and thankyou for all of your replies! I'm feeling a bit better now that I'm not the only one out there getting excited for a trip so far away.
Great tips about only chatting to other Dis nuts and steering away from non dis nuts as they truly quash the excitement! Also loved the tip that after January 1st I can say, 'I'm going to WDW next year!'
Just think guys we've got a nice long time to plan to enjoy the excitement and to really make the most of our time out there... sending a little 2013 excitement all your way!

WDW2002, Offsite | WDW2003, Caribbean Beach | WDW2004, Offsite | WDW2008, Pop Century | WDW2013, The saving has begun!

buddles norfolk uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:59 PM   #8
tinks_1989
need a like button

Hello

We got back from WDW exactly a year ago today seriously feeling the blues about it 2013 is the earliest we will get to go back and that means serious saving like not eating most weeks lol! I want to go that much!

I also listen to a lot of Disney music wishes soundtrack, greatest hits, some of my favourites I have also downloaded.

I also go threw hundreds of old photos and other peoples photos!

x
Old 10-18-2011, 03:37 PM   #9
princessjodiebo
Mouseketeer

yay i have only recently come back on here after getting back from pofq in may - we were hoping to go back next year but dur to husband losing his job we have decided to plan for 2013 as well !

i am already breaking down the 2 years into chunks - for example for christmas i want a new guidebook for orlando

4 months later the prices for summer 2013 will be out then i will start pricing up packages vs diy then once thats done start deciding on itinerarys and dinner reservations

we are looking to do mnsshp this time so will have to sort out cotumes too !!

does anyone else have dates of when they want to go or where they want to stay ??

am sure time will fly woohoo !!

Offsite 1996 Sequoia Lodge 2003 Cheyenne 2004 Santa Fe 2010 POFQ 2011 Hotel New York 2012 POFQ 2015
princessjodiebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:34 AM   #10
PoppetK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjodiebo View Post
yay i have only recently come back on here after getting back from pofq in may - we were hoping to go back next year but dur to husband losing his job we have decided to plan for 2013 as well !

i am already breaking down the 2 years into chunks - for example for christmas i want a new guidebook for orlando

4 months later the prices for summer 2013 will be out then i will start pricing up packages vs diy then once thats done start deciding on itinerarys and dinner reservations

we are looking to do mnsshp this time so will have to sort out cotumes too !!

does anyone else have dates of when they want to go or where they want to stay ??

am sure time will fly woohoo !!
We're going the 16-30th September 2013 and we're staying in a villa in Windsor Hills.

It looks like an amazing villa. I'm so excited

2009 - DLP HNY | 2010 - DLP HNY | 2013 - DLP HNY
PoppetK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:03 AM   #11
Julia Ann
DIS Veteran

Hey Jodie - how lovely of your dad to buy you the book and how wonderful you are going in 2012.....listen, our last trip was 5 yrs ago (20th oct) so almost to the day and we can't afford to go back for a while and planning hopefully 2015!!!!! and i'm excited about that. So it will be a 9 year gap but we are planning/saving for our 10 yr wedding anniversary. We have since had a little girl and she will be almost 8yrs old for her first trip.....i had to wait till i was 25 for my first trip! but although sometimes i wish soooooo much to go back now, i keep my spirits up by looking at this site and photos etc. i love the planning stage, if i ever booked it last minute i don't know how i would cope happy planning!
5th visit : Oct 2014 AoA DD first visit 4th visit :20th October 2006 - Quality Inn International I-Drive * 3rd visit : 24th August 2003 - Quality Inn International I-Drive * 2nd visit : 6th Oct 2001 - Kissimmee off 192 * 1st visit : 6th Oct 1995 - Somewhere off I4

Julia Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:55 PM   #12
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

I'm planning a 2013 trip to WDW! My Grandad is taking 12 of us away, 4 of which will have never been before - so planning for the newbies is a great way to pass time!

But I also pass the time by going through my photos of past trips, others photos, TRs, DISBoards, Disney films, travel DVD's... the works!

xxx

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Tinkerbell1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:37 PM   #13
Raspberry Bubbles
I was Cinderella for the day!

We're in your boat too ~ we are waiting to go for the first time as a family in October 2013! It does seem like a long way away ~ particularly as we were supposed to be going in October 2012! However, we have another little one on the way and so we have pushed it back a year so he will be running around! I like everyone else talk to other Disney-holics and read TRs. We got married there in 2008 and I am constantly going back through all of my photos. If three years can go that fast, I am hoping two more does too! Also planning helps. You can never plan too much
DLP '95 Santa Fe - DLP '01 Sequoia Lodge - DFTW PT 18-24 Feb '08 - WDW POR, WL, POFQ, BW, YC, GF, Poly, WL, BC & AKL DFTW and Disneymoon 5-24 Aug '08 - Disney Wonder 17-21 Aug '08 - DLRP Christmas '08, DLH
Raspberry Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:45 PM   #14
clueluvzdisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowan View Post
Hi all we are also just starting to plan for 2013 and know exactly how you are feeling. Thankfully my husband is also a big fan so we keep each other going most of the time.

We've started going through previous dvd's, podcasts, forums and general internet searching. Also we try and talk to other fans .

Although it feels like a lifetime away I'm sure the time will pass quickly or so I'm hoping .
Hubby and I are the only ones excited about WDW trip over in Cali. Our friends do not understand or share the excitement we feel. So when either of us gets home from work we manage to get a 15 talk about our future trip. Now I have to get him to register to Disboards but i just recently figured out how to use this site. its easy to get started on a thread and get side tracked into another thread.

Think outside the [ ]
1999 WDW PORT ORLEANS & CRUISE ON THE WONDER|2010 WDW PORT ORLEANS & CRUISE ON THE DISNEY WONDER
Mrs. Campbell
clueluvzdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:26 AM   #15
Rachandgarry
DIS Veteran

Hiya

I'm Rachel and I just wrote my Disney background in a new thread in the main forum http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2881431 so I don't clog up this thread with it, ha ha!

We're also waiting anxiously for 2013 to come round. We haven't booked yet but are hoping we can go March 21st for a couple of weeks. I've priced it using the Virgin Holidays and Thomson packages which are out already and the costs are astronomical! I'm hoping the DIY option will bring it down a bit, but the free dining won't be on when we go, which is a shame.

I should so be doing some housework, lol, but all I want to do is sit here and read and think and dream about WDW!!! I'm addicted!!

Rachel xx
WDW Commando Club member #197
Rachandgarry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, excitement, planning

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: