Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2012, 12:49 PM   #31
momof2cutegirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylady1972 View Post
Hey me too (only I turn 40 in March...thus my TWO trips in 2012...links in my siggy!)
My husband and I both turn 40 this year as well! Birthdays in September & October, and then WDW in November!
DD11

Planning for Marriott Grand Vista - November 30-December 7, 2014
Boardwalk Villas - one night only February 10, 2013
Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani - November 24-December 1, 2012
Boardwalk Villas & Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani - November-December 2010
Marriott Grand Vista - 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003
momof2cutegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #32
ShortyNBug
Mouseketeer

I don't have a lot of time to get on the boards anymore but I thought I'd join here. Booked for Nov 24-Dec 1 last week. Can't wait! Hoping for free dining. We went Nov 28-Dec 4 in 2010 and they had it then and it helped a ton!
ShortyNBug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #33
thelittlemermaid
My life was forever changed when my Angel was born
I have had this question in my head for along time

Location: Ohio,but in my heart I live in Cinderella Castle :o)

Booked for Nov 11-18 at the THV. Now we just need to get DH and his fellow employees back to work. They were locked out by the company the Monday after Thanksgiving after they voted down a contract. I am giving it till the end of March to see what happens. Then I will have to decide what to do about our trip. DH gets a new job definitely can't go this year.
thelittlemermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #34
DancingMinnie
Mouseketeer

Joining!

Count me in for November 2012!

We are doing the Beach Club for 5 or 6 days.. our dates have not been for sure set yet because we are hoping Disney might offer Free Dining sometime in November (I've heard they did in the past, can anyone vouch for this?)

If no free dining is offered to the public, hopefully getting a PIN somehow!?

Either way- we would like to go at the very beginning of Nov to catch the end of the F&W festival!

Can't wait to hear everyone elses plans!
DancingMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #35
luvmyguyz
Mouseketeer

We just decided today we will be going in November 2012, most likely the 3rd to the 10th. This is the week our school district usually has 3 or 4 days off, so there should only be a day or two of missed school. We are planning to book a Nemo Suite at the new AoA resort. Our only concern is that it the resort will still be under construction when we go, but as long as the main features are finished, I think it will be great. I can't wait to start planning!

luvmyguyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #36
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Thanksgiving Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by kctaylor View Post
We are going Nov 19-23 2012, had to cancel too many times before and this is the only time when the kids are out of school and they are not playing any sports!!! We are all excited to be spending Thanksgiven with Mickey and the crew!!
Have you ever done thanksgiving week before? Thinking of going back during Thanksgiving week. We were there in Oct this year, but don't want DD to miss much school this time 'round. How is it?

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:06 PM   #37
jsavage4
Earning My Ears

After a 12 year break from Disney since my wife and I celebrated our honeymoon with Mickey...we are headed back, this time with 4 kids in tow. 2 years of planning and saving and we have just booked the week after Thanksgiving 2012!!!

I never had the opportunity as a child to visit the world. So for our kids first WDW experience will be a big surprise for them on the morning of the day that we will be leaving for the world. Staying off-site at WBC Nov 24-30!!!

1,573 long miles away from home...all on the open road

jsavage4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #38
rcroke
Mouseketeer

Smile Add us to the countdown!

We are staying November 10-17 at POFQ! We are so excited!!! We are going with our whole family, my sister's husband has never been!
rcroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #39
Stitch_Is_King
Mouseketeer

Add us to the countdown

DW and I are going back to POFQ November 7 - 20. It has been 3 years since we were there and can't wait to go back. Really has been too long.

Stitch_Is_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #40
kctaylor
Kctaylor

Joining the November Count Down

Just booked 16-22, short trip but it has been over 6 yrs since we last went, the only time we have between school and sports. Have not told the dd or ds. We are going to surprise them, pick them up early from school with the van packed and hit the road. We are only going to tell them when we cross the state line from GA into FL. Now I hoping I can go without letting the beans out of the bag.

Kara, Cole, Mom, and Dad

kctaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #41
kctaylor
Kctaylor

NO we have not been in Nov. we only gone in Oct, Dec/Jan and July.

Kara, Cole, Mom, and Dad

Old 02-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #42
kctaylor
Kctaylor

Have you ever done thanksgiving week before? Thinking of going back during Thanksgiving week. We were there in Oct this year, but don't want DD to miss much school this time 'round. How is it?

Kara, Cole, Mom, and Dad

Old 02-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #43
mydisneyobsession
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kctaylor View Post
I know you weren't asking me particularly, but we've gone during Thanksgiving week twice, and will be going that week this year. We love the weather at that time of year and seeing the Holiday decorations go up, and the crowds have not bothered us at all on our past trips. We go with a touring plan, and try to hit rope drop at the "best parks," and have not had any problems.

I've been plotting again... I decided my "Magical Express problem" would disappear if I book-ended our Dolphin stay with Disney stays on both ends. So our first day will now be a leisurely resort day at Animal Kingdom Lodge. On day 2, we'll send our bags over to the Dolphin in the morning and head to Animal Kingdom Park. Then we'll take the bus over to the Dolphin to check in over there.

We've never done a split stay, and now I'm jumping in with both feet to a 3-resort split for our ten day trip. Hopefully we won't hate it! I'll have to do some careful packing... but all three resorts are new to us so I'm very excited!
Old 02-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #44
tractorsexy
Earning My Ears

Booking

On the phone waiting to book the family vacation for Nov 18-26 at FW Cabins. We are going for my nephew's graduation so we are going as a big group. Hoping I have a pin for the stay.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:25 PM   #45
Hasil72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyguyz View Post
We just decided today we will be going in November 2012, most likely the 3rd to the 10th. This is the week our school district usually has 3 or 4 days off, so there should only be a day or two of missed school. We are planning to book a Nemo Suite at the new AoA resort. Our only concern is that it the resort will still be under construction when we go, but as long as the main features are finished, I think it will be great. I can't wait to start planning!
Woohoo!!! The much dreaded Jersey week for us too. Our schools are closed for the entire week. We've gone different times the past few years so I'm a little nervous about some of the trip reports I've read recently about that week. Oh well, it is what it is. We'll start down Nov 1 and stay until the 10th. I can't wait!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: