Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2011, 12:35 PM   #16
goodmorningirl
Mouseketeer
 
goodmorningirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 463

Hi You posted on my journal so I figured I'd check out yours and I am so happy I did! You are both adorable and I love the engagement story! I'm glad to see I'm not the only summer 2013 bride starting a journal, all I want to do is think about and plan our wedding though I have the same feelings of hoping not to run out of things to say by then lol Anyway, your theme is going to be really awesome, especially using France and Morocco. I can't wait to read more about your planning. An BTW, your ring is just magnificent, so gorgeous!
goodmorningirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #17
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!
 
mebbradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 925 miles from Walt Disney World.
Posts: 1,253

I love the inspiration board!!
mebbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #18
belle2211
DIS Veteran
 
belle2211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Right behind the Magic Kingdom
Posts: 1,909

I love your proposal story! It was so sweet! And I LOVE your ring! It's so unique and beautiful!
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:32 PM   #19
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran
 
LittleKittyMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 887

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmorningirl View Post
Hi You posted on my journal so I figured I'd check out yours and I am so happy I did! You are both adorable and I love the engagement story! I'm glad to see I'm not the only summer 2013 bride starting a journal, all I want to do is think about and plan our wedding though I have the same feelings of hoping not to run out of things to say by then lol Anyway, your theme is going to be really awesome, especially using France and Morocco. I can't wait to read more about your planning. An BTW, your ring is just magnificent, so gorgeous!
Thank you! So happy you decided to stop by. And yay for 2013 brides! It's too hard to resist planning already even if it's going to be pretty far down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebbradley View Post
I love the inspiration board!!
Thank you! I suspect there will be a few more down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2211 View Post
I love your proposal story! It was so sweet! And I LOVE your ring! It's so unique and beautiful!
Aww, thank you.
__________________
Nicole DH
I walked with you once upon a dream || Disney Wedding PJ & TR
1992 WDW: Off-site | 2008 WDW: WL | 2009 DLRP | 2010 DCL: Magic Dover to Barcelona | 2011 WDW: AKL & DCL: Dream 4-Night | 2012 WDW: CB | 2013 WDW: OKW
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:31 PM   #20
pixie921
DIS Veteran
 
pixie921's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,316

Nicole, your plans sound great! I love the inspiration board, too.
__________________
Amy
pixie921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:43 PM   #21
librarygeek
DIS Veteran
 
librarygeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,779

I love everything about your PJ so far!! I hope you don't think it's rude, but I did laugh a little when you said DF forgot the ring at the engagement... it just seems so typical of a guy! But your actual ring is so gorgeous, I've never seen one like that and I love it.

And I adore your theme as well! It sounds like you have so many great ideas and I'm looking forward to reading about them!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:44 PM   #22
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran
 
DoomBuggy0922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,856

Just joining in! First, congratulations!! Your ring is GORGEOUS--- and how typical of a guy to forget the ring!!! And I absolutely adore your theme--- my MOH and her DBF love Casablanca, so I always think of her when I think of the movie. (Would you believe I still haven't seen it though? I know, it's a shame.)

I can't wait to hear more of your plans! I love Epcot weddings!
__________________
Jackie Chris: Smokey

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!



DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:29 AM   #23
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home
 
tinkerbell 766's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: English Lake District
Posts: 5,366

Hi sweetie just checking in!!! I forgot to say that 'Casablanca' is one of my all time favourite films too!! When I lived in Gibraltar, we were frequent visitors to Morocco as it was just a short boat trip away. Boy, I can tell you that the real Casablanca is no where new as romantic or beautiful as the movie!! It is not a particularly nice place at all IMHO!! Such a shame I had such romantic notions and high hopes of it!!!
__________________
Our VR PJ/TR Swan/Mizners Lounge/Citricos/Top of the World Lounge 4th May 2011
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2513856

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:46 PM   #24
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran
 
LittleKittyMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 887

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie921 View Post
Nicole, your plans sound great! I love the inspiration board, too.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
I love everything about your PJ so far!! I hope you don't think it's rude, but I did laugh a little when you said DF forgot the ring at the engagement... it just seems so typical of a guy! But your actual ring is so gorgeous, I've never seen one like that and I love it.

And I adore your theme as well! It sounds like you have so many great ideas and I'm looking forward to reading about them!
Thank you! And, I laugh every time I think about the whole scenario, so I don't blame you at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
Just joining in! First, congratulations!! Your ring is GORGEOUS--- and how typical of a guy to forget the ring!!! And I absolutely adore your theme--- my MOH and her DBF love Casablanca, so I always think of her when I think of the movie. (Would you believe I still haven't seen it though? I know, it's a shame.)

I can't wait to hear more of your plans! I love Epcot weddings!
Thank you! You know, I meet a lot of people who haven't seen Casablanca. It's a really lovely movie though, I love watching it, and of course, highly recommend it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Hi sweetie just checking in!!! I forgot to say that 'Casablanca' is one of my all time favourite films too!! When I lived in Gibraltar, we were frequent visitors to Morocco as it was just a short boat trip away. Boy, I can tell you that the real Casablanca is no where new as romantic or beautiful as the movie!! It is not a particularly nice place at all IMHO!! Such a shame I had such romantic notions and high hopes of it!!!
How disappointing when these things don't match up to reality. My DF and I were on a Disney cruise last year that stopped in Gibraltar, and it was one of my favourite stops. Such a unique place! Unfortunately it was a little too hazy to see Morocco on that day, but I was thinking about being so close to Casablanca (and yet so far) at the time, I'll admit!
__________________
Nicole DH
I walked with you once upon a dream || Disney Wedding PJ & TR
1992 WDW: Off-site | 2008 WDW: WL | 2009 DLRP | 2010 DCL: Magic Dover to Barcelona | 2011 WDW: AKL & DCL: Dream 4-Night | 2012 WDW: CB | 2013 WDW: OKW
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:05 PM   #25
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran
 
LittleKittyMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 887

So I've been thinking all week about when I would next get a chance to update my PJ, and it looks like I'm probably only going to have time on the weekends. I have such an insane school schedule, I pretty much have class from 9:00am to 7:00pm Monday through Thursday, and by the time I get home and have dinner I'm ready for bed. But at least I have one more thing to look forward to about the weekends: going on the Dis!

And now, I'm going to post something that probably seems very random, but which I'm pretty set on! And that is...

The Cake Topper!



The wedding cake is important to me. I look at a lot of bridal websites and magazines, and I have to say I think it’s going to be harder to pick a cake than a dress: I have a very clear idea of my dress, and no idea about the cake.

I’ll come back to the cake later on... I’ve still got a lot more internet searching to do on that one.

But one thing I’ve pretty much decided on is the cake topper. As I noted above, my DF and I are fond of cats. What I really wanted was a Duchess and O’Malley cake topper. Unfortunately, there isn’t a lot of Aristocats merchandise available, especially if you’re looking for something other than Marie. Anyway, my DF doesn’t love Aristocats as much as I do, so maybe it’s okay that I haven’t been able to find anything.

I was thinking that we could use the Jim Shore Disney cat figures, but I'm not totally in love with the folk art style of them (for my wedding, that is) and they've proved pretty much impossible to find. Here's what they look like for anyone who hasn't seen them, we'd be using Marie and Figaro:




But while looking on Etsy one day, I think I managed to find something even better! I found a seller than does custom cake toppers, and they are absolutely adorable! Get ready for copious amounts of photos!










Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/kikuike

I love them! We would go with the cats that are in the last picture, but with the veil, top hat and tie in our own colours. The only thing I'm not sure about is the base. The moon is really nice, but it's a pricey little addition. I was thinking maybe trying to find a champagne glass like the ones that are in Casablanca (I'm a little insane, I know it! ) and putting the two cats in that or something. I have no idea where I'd get a glass like that though... Hmm. I don't know... it's a work in progress!

EDIT:
Ahaha! I was just revisiting the cake topper etsy shop and there is a groom cat with a bowtie instead of a necktie. My groom cat is officially going to have a bowtie! End of crazy edit.
__________________
Nicole DH
I walked with you once upon a dream || Disney Wedding PJ & TR
1992 WDW: Off-site | 2008 WDW: WL | 2009 DLRP | 2010 DCL: Magic Dover to Barcelona | 2011 WDW: AKL & DCL: Dream 4-Night | 2012 WDW: CB | 2013 WDW: OKW
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo

Last edited by LittleKittyMarie; 09-23-2011 at 04:51 PM.
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:09 PM   #26
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran
 
DoomBuggy0922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,856

ADORABLE!!!! I love the cake topper.

As for champagne glasses: ta-da! http://www.historycompany.com/productdetails.php?p=244
__________________
Jackie Chris: Smokey

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!



DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #27
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home
 
tinkerbell 766's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: English Lake District
Posts: 5,366

That topper is simply gorgeous!!! Good choice!! Gotta love Etsy, I spent sooo much money on that site when planning my VR!!!
__________________
Our VR PJ/TR Swan/Mizners Lounge/Citricos/Top of the World Lounge 4th May 2011
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2513856

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:40 PM   #28
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!
 
mebbradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 925 miles from Walt Disney World.
Posts: 1,253

Awww! The cats are adorable.
mebbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:23 PM   #29
librarygeek
DIS Veteran
 
librarygeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,779

The topper you found on Etsy is just too cute!! And Jackie found you a great link above with the champagne glasses - even if you don't get them for the topper you should totally get them and use them somehow!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #30
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran
 
LittleKittyMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 887

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
ADORABLE!!!! I love the cake topper.

As for champagne glasses: ta-da! http://www.historycompany.com/productdetails.php?p=244
Oh my goodness! Those are perfect! Thank you so much for finding those!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
That topper is simply gorgeous!!! Good choice!! Gotta love Etsy, I spent sooo much money on that site when planning my VR!!!
Thank you! I love Etsy too, I see waaaay too many things that I want to buy on there, I'm going to have to be very careful not to over do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebbradley View Post
Awww! The cats are adorable.
Thank you, I really love them! They stray a little (well... a lot) from the theme, but I think that'll be okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
The topper you found on Etsy is just too cute!! And Jackie found you a great link above with the champagne glasses - even if you don't get them for the topper you should totally get them and use them somehow!
She really did find me an amazing set of glasses, I am definitely going to buy them! They'll be perfect for our toasting glasses even if it doesn't work out for the cake topper.
__________________
Nicole DH
I walked with you once upon a dream || Disney Wedding PJ & TR
1992 WDW: Off-site | 2008 WDW: WL | 2009 DLRP | 2010 DCL: Magic Dover to Barcelona | 2011 WDW: AKL & DCL: Dream 4-Night | 2012 WDW: CB | 2013 WDW: OKW
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: