Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2014, 10:21 AM   #1
CinderellasBFF
Earning My Ears

Our Wishes Wedding - Porte Cochere/SBP/Italy/Pixar Place

We're planning a February 2015 Wishes Wedding. For now, I'm not going to include much personal information about us, because well, we're not officially engaged yet! So no one knows that we've already set a date. What I will say about us is that we met on October 1, 2001 when we were in the same training class at work, but lost touch for over a decade until he looked me up on Facebook. We've been together ever since. (Yes, we really know the day that we met because it was both ours first day of work.)

Tentative Wedding Plans
  • Welcome Party at Porte Cochere during Wishes
  • Ceremony at Sea Breeze Point
  • Pre-reception at Italy Isola West during Illuminations
  • Reception at Pixar Place
This could change because our first choice was to hold the ceremony at the Tower of Terror Courtyard. We just won't know whether we can do this until three months out. As much as it would be stunning to have the ceremony there, we want to get some food in our guests' bellies before the ceremony if we do this. So logistics-wise, the arrangement we have now might be the way to go.

We're using Root Photography and Le June Make-Up Artistry. So other than our officiant, we have most of the major decisions already made. We anticipate having between 50-60 guests. If you have any suggestions or ideas, please feel free to share them with us. We want our wedding to be an experience, which is what has led most of the decisions we have made up until this point.
CinderellasBFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:53 AM   #2
CinderellasBFF
Earning My Ears

Wedding Party
It will be just us, and his four-year-old daughter as our flower girl. We'll each ask a friend that decides to come to make a toast and sign the marriage license as if they were our maid of honor/best man. But for lots of reasons, just the three of us makes the most sense.

Colors
We've noticed that I tend to pin bright bold color palates on pinterest. So it will be something along the lines of fuschia/turquoise, orange/fuschia, or green/pink. Pixar Place is so lively and colorful, so we can literally do anything.

Flowers/Decor
Right now, my favorite bouquet is this

Maybe do something with flowers like this for the centerpieces.

I love the bright contrast of something like this though.

Yet more inspiration.

Something like this would be fun for the pre-reception. I'm going to ask if we can move the arrangements from the welcome party to the pre-reception the next day. Otherwise, it's unlikely that either will have flowers.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2014, 12:00 PM   #3
Kiki La Reu
Earning My Ears

I LOVE those colors! Your plans sound great and very unique so I'm looking forward to hearing more!! February is a great time to get married I was married in February and planning a vow renewal for Feb of 2016 in WDW so I'm really happy to read about WDW February wedding plans! Oh I don't blame you about a wedding party, I had a big wedding party with lots of bridesmaids and while I love them dearly it was way more drama than it was worth... Congratulations on starting your plans!
Kiki La Reu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:17 PM   #4
CinderellasBFF
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki La Reu View Post
I LOVE those colors! Your plans sound great and very unique so I'm looking forward to hearing more!! February is a great time to get married I was married in February and planning a vow renewal for Feb of 2016 in WDW so I'm really happy to read about WDW February wedding plans! Oh I don't blame you about a wedding party, I had a big wedding party with lots of bridesmaids and while I love them dearly it was way more drama than it was worth... Congratulations on starting your plans!
Thank you! Where are you having your vow renewal?
Old 04-13-2014, 04:22 PM   #5
CinderellasBFF
Earning My Ears

Reception Set-up

Since our guest list is a little too large to do the roman tables, I'm going to throw this idea out to my wedding planner. We'll see if they can pull it off, but it is essential a variation of a roman table. It would be very nice to only need two awesome centerpieces, instead of numerous smaller ones. Plus, I think it would look stunning to have one grouping of each on each side of the dance floor, and then maybe the cake table and sweatheart table between the two. We'd have to do assign seating down to the actually seat, but that's fine. (And it pulls something from my mom's pinterest board for our wedding that she created to surprise her.)

Old 04-13-2014, 05:16 PM   #6
andeesings
Mouseketeer

Yay your planning journal! I love the colors- they really pop and look beautiful. I really think that setup for your tables is amazing, too, they're really interesting and you're right it would be awesome to only need the two center pieces. Can't wait to read along on your planning journal!
Old 04-13-2014, 05:27 PM   #7
lthiesfeld07
Mouseketeer

Joining in! Love the plans so far!
I'm planning my wedding too, but am not engaged yet either... Lol.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
1997- Dixie Landings * 2002- ASMo * Aug 2011- Off-site Jan 2012- CBR * April 2012- OKW *June 2012- ASMu *September 2012- Pop/Kidani *March 2013- ASMu/Kidani *July 2013 AEP- CSR/Contemporary *October 2013- ASMu/Contemporary *December 2013- POR

lthiesfeld07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:37 PM   #8
Kiki La Reu
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderellasBFF View Post
Thank you! Where are you having your vow renewal?
Well it's too early to even think of calling yet, but my plan is to have an Escape package at the wedding pavilion then add on something in The Attic...I have loads of time though

Loving the table set up! I hope your planner is able to make it work for you, it looks stunning with the tables set up that way and the two large flower displays... I have NEVER seen anything like it...very unique!
Kiki La Reu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:03 AM   #9
ariel_
Mouseketeer

Oh wow I love your colour scheme! So beautiful and bright! Can't wait to follow along and see what else you have planned!
ariel_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:40 AM   #10
alyaki
Mouseketeer

I really like those tables - never would have thought of something like that! Too bad our venue probably could fit something like that.
alyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:02 PM   #11
CinderellasBFF
Earning My Ears

So we received our planning kit today for our wedding consultant!! Looking forward to looking over things with my SO later tonight. Our planning session and menu tasting are scheduled for June while we're in town for another wedding. It'll be my SO's first trip to WDW! Wish we had more time, but will only be in Florida for three nights.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:11 AM   #12
CinderellasBFF
Earning My Ears

And we have our wedding planner now! We have Amy. Any one else have her as their wedding planner?
Old 04-19-2014, 08:08 AM   #13
lilofigment1
Earning My Ears

Love your color choices! Bright equals happy
That table design is neat too! Can't wait to see more!
lilofigment1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:44 AM   #14
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

Gonna follow along just got engaged and are starting to plan. We know we want sea breeze point for ceremony but are still looking into venue for reception. We live 40 minutes from Disney and met at Disney so a Disney wedding is the only way to go. Thanks for doing this journal and giving ideas.
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld
goofyfigment is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: