Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2014, 02:30 PM   #1
Disneyducks12
Mouseketeer

Melissa and Andre Disney Fantasy Cruise Wedding 05.23.15~PJ

Table of Contents

Vender List:
  1. Cheap Totes- Canvas Bags
  2. Detaillicious- Hand Santizer, Custom Labels
  3. Sophia's Workshop- Custom Cake Toppers
  4. TheFunkyPolkaDot- Vinyl
  5. Beverly Bridal Exchange-Wedding Dress/Alternations
  6. American Bridal- Bridesmaid Dress
  7. Dollar Tree-Tumbler Cups

Hello Everybody!!

I have been a long time lurker of the DisBoards PJ’s and have loved following along and getting so many fantastic ideas and am so excited that I can finally start my own! So let’s get started:

About the Bride:
My name is Melissa and I am from Southern California about 45 minutes away from Disneyland where I hold a season pass. I love anything Disney and just love the Disney feeling! I work in property management and love to read I always take a book with me wherever I go and am very excited to marry my high school sweetheart!

About the Groom:
My DF name is Andre and he is also from Southern California and is not such a Disney Lover but after having a season pass with me for four years it’s starting to grow on him! He graduates next month with his Bachelor’s in Political Science and Government and then will be starting law school this fall in San Diego which is all very exciting and nerve racking at the same time!

How we meet:
We meet when we were seven and eight years old so I cannot remember NOT knowing him, we were best friends for the longest time and then in high school we became boyfriend and girlfriend and now were engaged and getting ready to be married in 13 months! I never would have thought I would be marrying my childhood best friend but I would not have it any other way is someone who completely knows me and loves me!

Our proposal:
The way Andre proposed to me was extremely special and romantic and I still can’t believe it but here is a little back story, I and Andre every year go on a vacation and lately it has been Disney Cruises (who can beat their service and free food all the time???) While on August 2012 sailing on the Fantasy we booked a Europe cruise for the following June! We had always wanted to go to Europe and this was an affordable and DISNEY way to do it. His family also joined us and fast forward to June we were setting sail from Barcelona Spain. I had no idea he had an engagement planned before we left he had told me when we get back we will look at rings I was a little bummed but I was still going to Europe so I didn’t want to be negative on a trip of a lifetime! On our port day in Civitavecchia, Italy we went into the city into Rome which was so beautiful and breathe taking and our first stop was Vatican City and lo and behold the POPE is there! It was a surprise visit and there were people everywhere it was insane (this was apparently the spot Andre wanted to propose but the Pope took his thunder oh well) so after an hour of listening to his sermon we headed on to the Coliseum which was the highlight of my trip! We were walking around and Andre sat me down to “take a breather” (it was really hot) he was really nervous and fidgeting which is so out of character I was like hun you okay? Then the next thing I know he is down on one knee telling me the cutest speech ever about he loves me and wants to marry me and pulls out a ring and I grab it out of the box put it on and say “hell yeah” I know tradition is the boy is supposed to put on the ring but after 5 years at that time of waiting I wanted the ring NOW haha it was so amazing that his family was there to witness everything here are some pictures to enjoy

My eyes were all puffy from crying!! I couldn't keep my emotions in check

Okay this post came out longer then intended next post will be about choosing a Disney Cruise!

Wedding Cruise update changed to 05/23-30/15

Last edited by Disneyducks12; 08-24-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Disneyducks12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:13 PM   #2
Disneyducks12
Mouseketeer

Picking a Disney Cruise/Suprise Engagment Party

Choosing a Disney Cruise:

Warning I tend to write a lot sorry! I will try to put as much detail into this so any future brides or present brides have all the information it’s hard to find a lot of information on Cruise weddings so here we go on us choosing a Disney cruise and the planning process

So for me like I am sure many brides the planning process started right away me and my fiancé now have been together for 6.5 years at this time about 5.5 or so, and I have always dreamed of having a Disney Wedding but convincing my DF was a little bit more tricky. When we got back to the boat we talked about having a Disneyland wedding since it was only 45 minutes away from us but some passengers on the boat told us they start out around 20,000 that was just starting not including attire, rings, favor, photography etc. I just couldn’t get pass spending that much money for 6 hours for a party. Then it donned on us to have a wedding on a Disney Cruise we had seen one before and they looked beautiful so right when I got home I got on the phone and found out how much it would be and it was only a $3,000.00 wedding package onboard and $4,000.00 on Castaway Cay plus cruise fare. For us we travel every year anyways so that was already in our “budget” all that we really had to pay for was the package, photography (I will get to that later), invitations, wedding favors, etc.

This seemed like such a better idea and a compromise! The hardest part was trying to convince everyone to pay for their way to go to our wedding! We told his family first our idea for a wedding on a cruise they just warned us not everyone could make it due to travel, we accepted that so if you want every single person to go cruise weddings might not be the best option but most of my family was back east and they would have to travel anyways! We decided we wanted to do a seven day cruise to the Caribbean’s and get married onboard and save an extra thousand unfortunately it didn’t work out that way (more on that later). So the next thing to do was pick a date, and we decided we wanted to do summer of 2015 the dates for summer 2014 were already out and we wanted the extra year to save and give people time to save to be to attend. So we were trying to figure out an informal way to tell everybody before we sent out invitations (once dates were released) to give every one time and we figured on July 4th the family had a bbq we would tell everyone then and then we got big surprise.

On the morning of Fourth of July we headed over to my in-laws house and there was no one in the house odd and it was really quiet even odder and as we walk towards the backyard we see this set up:

I was like oh no a surprise enjoyment party!! I hate surprises I am extremely organized and planner type of person surprises throw me off and my fiancé is smiling all excited trying to get me outside im shaking my head like no way mister no way am I going out there so he shoves me outside and then I was surround by all the people I care about it was great
him trying to get me outside

finally in the doorway

a "playful" shove

We even did a “practice cake cutting” so at this point since everyone we cared about was there we decided to tell everyone they did little speeches and congratulate us and then we told everyone in two years were going on a Disney cruise wedding so start to save up! It was informal but then I started to work on invitations which took from July to now (March) to finish a total of 8 months!!! I will do a whole separate post on that but the reason they took so long is we made individual book invitations a great idea horrible to execute it takes forever but with a long engagement it helped past the time!

Practice cake cutting:

So this seems like a good start to my PJ I will get back on and post more in detail of the whole process thus far and planning!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2014, 02:29 AM   #3
edeneye
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyducks12 View Post
Hello Everybody!!
How we meet:
We meet when we were seven and eight years old so I cannot remember NOT knowing him, we were best friends for the longest time and then in high school we became boyfriend and girlfriend and now were engaged and getting ready to be married in 13 months! I never would have thought I would be marrying my childhood best friend but I would not have it any other way is someone who completely knows me and loves me!
That's amazing! What an incredible journey it must have been already. Love all the detail so far and that cake was fantastic, your wedding cake already has a lot to live up to! So good that you got that opportunity to tell people your plans and so far in advance, with that much warning it really doesn't break down to a huge saving per week so hopefully you get a great response to your invitations (which I'm looking forward to hearing more about!).
edeneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:07 PM   #4
Disneyducks12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edeneye View Post
That's amazing! What an incredible journey it must have been already. Love all the detail so far and that cake was fantastic, your wedding cake already has a lot to live up to! So good that you got that opportunity to tell people your plans and so far in advance, with that much warning it really doesn't break down to a huge saving per week so hopefully you get a great response to your invitations (which I'm looking forward to hearing more about!).
Thank you! My cake was really nice his Aunt owns a bakery and brought it for us so I was so suprised my wedding cake unfortuanly won't look as nice Disney Cruises don't have many options but oh well at least I had a nice engagment one! We booked our wedding Thursday and today we already have 14 staterooms booked which i couldn't believe so telling adavance really worked and i will be posting soon about my invitations we made books by hand long process lol thanks for following along!
Old 03-30-2014, 07:14 PM   #5
Disneyducks12
Mouseketeer

Engagment Photos :)

Keeping Busy:
So with a two year engagement comes lots of small things to keep you busy that turn into big projects that consume so much time you wonder why you started at all?! So I had quite a few of those with a two year engagement I really wanted to make sure we did everything we could possibly do and get the full experience I am the type of person if I am going to do something I want to do it to the fullest! So the first thing we decided to do was engagement photos which sounds normal but we decided to do themed photos! Our theme for our whole weddings is drum roll please…Beauty and the Beast it really fits us and our personalities and we wanted to keep it a Disney theme. My Df’s aunt is a professional photographer and offered to do our photo session for FREE abut she wanted to take her own engagement pictures of us which we agreed to. She wanted to shoot photos of us at Laguna beach and then we would do our photos so that was very exciting. Here are some for your enjoyment: (I love picture time of PJs haha)

The first step for our themed photos was finding inspiration which with Pinterst wasn’t too hard. I decided to make as much by hand and buy things for cheap where I could. We also decided to do two settings a formal and a casual (I saw this done on pinterest and loved it!) so here is a photo of our formal table:

For our formal table I made the flower ball, I took a garden ball and bought a bouquet of flowers from hobby lobby that were .68cents each and bought a candle holder from target for 1.25 (total steal) I poked all the flowers in the ball and then left a space empty at the bottom and glued that on top of the candle and voila! Next I spray painted the candelabra gold to make Lumiere and had a Mrs. Potts in the middle. Both of the chairs I had I bought from Good will for $15.00 each all the props I used was a total of $75.00 bucks total steal and my dress my friend got it for free when she bought her wedding dress I was getting deals everywhere!
first dance

behind the tree

Our second table was more themed and even had a chip inspired cup and Cogswell! I am pretty happy with how they came out we used these for our save the date cards and I made a sign that said “Be our Guest!” Overall they were themed without being over themed let me know what you think?

Old 03-30-2014, 07:19 PM   #6
Disneyducks12
Mouseketeer

Engagment Photos Continued

Here are the rest of the photos I really think any bride with long engagment should do a fun photo session it was alot of work but so worth it next time invitations (thats how i felt at the end)

Old 03-30-2014, 10:03 PM   #7
JenGC
DIS Veteran

You guys are so cute!!! What great photos! :D Tell me alllll about the cruise wedding. I was going to do that but was worried his parents couldnt make it so I figured we could make sure they got to Florida at least.

Cant wait to read more!!
Jen
Old 03-31-2014, 12:37 AM   #8
Disneyducks12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenGC View Post
You guys are so cute!!! What great photos! :D Tell me alllll about the cruise wedding. I was going to do that but was worried his parents couldnt make it so I figured we could make sure they got to Florida at least.

Cant wait to read more!!
Jen
Thank you we had so much fun with these photos and ended up with 1000 total engagement photos haha but it will make for such a great guest book and great scrapbook choosing a cruise wedding was really hard but because people had to travel this made alot of sense and it will be a week long celebration who can beat that I will post more about the cruise next and the next thing will be invitations yikes that will be a long post we made books great idea but it took forever im just finishing and i started in July!
Old 03-31-2014, 03:23 PM   #9
Disneyducks12
Mouseketeer

Invitations Part One

Invitations Part I: Construction

So invitations that is one of the most important parts of the planning and wedding process in my opinion and I put a lot blood, sweat and tears into this project and due to how much is involved and all the parts I will break it up on to parts!

So the first thing is how on earth did choose books for wedding invites? Me and my DF were trying to come up with ways to fill a single invitation with all the details of a cruise wedding and it just wasn’t working and I was trying to stay in my beauty and the beast theme and I had heard of people doing book invites and I thought how perfect would that be? Belle loves to read and so do I and then I found on LittleKittyMarie PJ she did book invites and I knew that’s what I wanted to do! Now the hardest part was getting started where do you start with this kind of project I had no idea so I did some more research online and found a few sites that had what I was looking for and set out to work. Now mind you this will take many trial and errors I did about 10 books before I had THE ONE.

Supplies needed:
Matt Board (hobby Lobby)
Max Tacky Adhesive by Aleenes glue
Rubber Cement glue
Fabric (of your choice this will be the cover of your book)
Contact paper inside the book
Wax seal (optional) and stamper
Patience (seriously haha)

this is the matt board

Step One:
I picked out a matt board from Hobby lobby that was 7.99 regular and I used a coupon to get it four about $4.25 a board which will make 25 invitations making the total cost of the board and the spine (0.17) Next you need to choose a fabric, I have heard people used actual book cloth which is very expensive I went to Hobby lobby and saw this beautiful fabric and its used as a table cloth so it has the perfect feel for outside and won’t get dirty but fabric inside and will stick great when gluing but it was $17.99 a yd. Not good, well my Maid of Honor suggested going to Wal-Mart and they had the exact same fabric for only drum roll please $2.19 a yd.!! that is a $15.80 difference which is nuts but I knew I had to get it so I bought three yards for a total of $6.57 which made 50 book covers totaling (0.13!) so as of now to make the books the outside part at least its only 0.30 per invite !! So far I was doing good with price

Step Two:
So next thing you do is lay out your matt board and cut your measurements I did the books 5.5x7.5 so the inside paper could be 5x7 which is a perfect size for books and not too heavy to ship! After that I cut the fabric by laying my boards on top of it with the spine which I cut ¼ that will be the part that that holds it all together. I added an inch on each side of the fabric so that way I could glue it down. After that you make a template of both and just cut out all three pieces of the book and the fabric which takes a very long time believe me you have to measure and be very careful!

books and spine

all the fabric cut out

Step 3:
Next after you have all your nice piles together you put your templates back in their spots that you measured to get the one inch hangover all around and use
rubber cement (believe me I tried so many this works the best!) and glue them all together and then you will have a flat sheet (see below picture)

After that is done you stack them all and let them dry for a few days with lots of pressure on them I used school books very effective!
Once those are all dry a few days later go back and use Max Tacky adhesive glue (don’t use rubber cement it doesn’t work as well!) and then glue all the flaps down you do need to cut all the corners off you just cut diagonal so they all fold together very nicely

Once that’s done you need to leave that to dry for a few days and reapply pressure again!

half of my stack!!

After that is all done you’re ready to apply the inside

Step 3:
Now I debated along time with what to do on the inside I had heard people used wallpaper and for the life of me I couldn’t find any that I liked or that was cheap and none in small proportions so someone recommended I used contact paper and that was the best idea ever I had spent weeks searching. So I went to Wal-Mart and got the contact paper for $4.99 and I only used maybe ¼ of the contact paper and I have so much left and it worked perfect. So what I did was measure the contact paper (it has a grid on the back) and made sure to leave space around the border but not showing that the fabric had been folded and I only made it go about two inches over the spine and left the rest exposed board because that is what you will use to glue in your invitation content (so here are more pictures)

all cut out

all done with the inside

So there is the first entry into invitations on boy its long and then I will come back with the actual inside contents then binding and all the extras in the invites and then final product!
Also I have 15 staterooms booked and 30 people for my wedding in four days of being able to book so yey!

and if you have any questions let me know!
Old 03-31-2014, 11:04 PM   #10
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

Such a great start! You guys are so cute! Thank you for letting me be a part of your wedding!!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West; February 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; February - 2014 - Grand Californian; May 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Magic B2B, Bay Lake Towers; May 2014 - Wilderness Lodge for Star Wars Weekend; August 2014 - Old Key West, Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:36 AM   #11
Disneyducks12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post
Such a great start! You guys are so cute! Thank you for letting me be a part of your wedding!!
Thank you lol Im so glad to have you as my travel agent so excited we already have so many people coming
Old 04-01-2014, 11:48 AM   #12
mrukjc
Photographer

This is fun!!

Yay! I'm glad it get to see all this! Dont forget to bring me an invite so I can photograph it with all your other details

Is it May yet?

PS... Love those chairs from goodwill!!! Everytime I go there I can never find anything good

Photographing Melissa and Andre's Wedding on the Disney Magic!

Photographing Tiffany and Matthew's wedding on the Disney Dream!

1996- WDW- Contemporary
2006- WDW- Off site with our two kiddos for the youngest 3rd bday
2009- WDW- CSR with our girls again!
2013- Move to Florida, become a Cast Member and DISNEY ALL THE TIME!
ALL MY LIFE DISNEYLAND TOO MANY TIMES TO COUNT!!!!
mrukjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:56 AM   #13
Disneyducks12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrukjc View Post
Yay! I'm glad it get to see all this! Dont forget to bring me an invite so I can photograph it with all your other details

Is it May yet?

PS... Love those chairs from goodwill!!! Everytime I go there I can never find anything good
Yey im glad you found my PJ it will be fun to have you follow along and I was going to mail you the invite and save the date with the paperwork? I can do that or bring it what ever is easier

I hope this year goes by fast! Its going to be so much fun we have 30 people already so it will be a good sized group

and thank you i got the chairs on two seperate trips 2 months apart and they matched color and everything it was great (it takes alot of patience looking through stuff)
after the invites I will post my budget ughh such a scary thing lol
Old 04-01-2014, 12:15 PM   #14
mrukjc
Photographer

Awesome! Of course just ail it to me and Ill throw it in my suitcase
Cant wait to follow this, kinda cool way to get to know you even more!

Can't Wait!!

Did you see my signature???

Photographing Melissa and Andre's Wedding on the Disney Magic!

Photographing Tiffany and Matthew's wedding on the Disney Dream!

1996- WDW- Contemporary
2006- WDW- Off site with our two kiddos for the youngest 3rd bday
2009- WDW- CSR with our girls again!
2013- Move to Florida, become a Cast Member and DISNEY ALL THE TIME!
ALL MY LIFE DISNEYLAND TOO MANY TIMES TO COUNT!!!!
mrukjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:28 PM   #15
Disneyducks12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrukjc View Post
Awesome! Of course just ail it to me and Ill throw it in my suitcase
Cant wait to follow this, kinda cool way to get to know you even more!

Can't Wait!!

Did you see my signature???
I agree its a great way to get to know each other without meeting I am so excited to do this PJ lol its going to help keep my excitement in check

and i love the signature!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: